Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,241 members, 7,839,265 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1278905 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 24, 2013
Please am having an issue with my system (compa 615) with windows 8 ultimate installed. Each time I try to open moxilla, explorer, adobe reader it says "the application was unable to start corectly (0xc0000005), click ok to close the application)" but wsword and sme oda programs are opening. I tried also to unistall my avast 8, it failed. Pls how do I solve it as I can't open pdf files. Tnx. danielchioboy@gmail.com,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by withmoral: 11:39am On Jun 24, 2013
hp compaq cq56 flashing caps lock and num lock light unlimited times please help me with solutions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by withmoral: 11:47am On Jun 24, 2013
how can i remove bios password please help me the softwares for that
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by herrlekan(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
I installed a Windows 7 ultimate on my laptop but when it got to where to insert the product key, it says product key not correct. Please help if you have a working key. My email address is herrlekan@yahoo.co.uk in case you want to mail it to me directly, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Justice4all1: 3:56pm On Jun 24, 2013
Pls, I need your help. My Acer Laptop can not be turn on again. It started by automatic turnoff. Now it is not charging again, iam in a fix. Pls help on what is wrong and what to do immediately. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:32pm On Jun 24, 2013
Immanuelar: pls help me tech's here, I shut down my hp 4515s probook and the system was trying to update files, but as it was taking it like one and half hours, so I tried to switch it off with the power button bcoz I taught something was wrong with the system and I switched it on again nd it still shows that d system is still updating and it took it like one hour again and still no progress. it stood still at update 5 out of 10.now I have switched off the system, please wot can I do now. please help me.

First you should have seen the Dont shut down your system during this process since you shut down the first time, it is trying to rebuild the files and try to install so you will have to give it time, if then after a long while, no joy then you can come here for further guidance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2013
zanga420: Hello house, I want to open a file with pdf with the 'open with' option. I didnt know I've clicked on pc suite .exe file next to the file I wanted to open. The 'open other similar files' check box was already ticked, then I clicked open. This, turned all .exe(executable n setup) files in my laptop to pdf(logo). As it is now my avast antivirus cant open or update, browser have pdf logo, encarta cant open, many things have turned pdf n it cant open them. I need help on how to reverse it n make them start working proparlly again. I dont want the laptop to crash, 'cos I bought it new after loosing 2previous brand new ones.

I am sorry i am not in a steady mind to grab all you said but the little i grabbed you could fix your problem by re-associating your PDF file to adobe reader by going to control panel and default programs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Kingnap: Please Sir, i tried to activate the windows 7 home premium service pack 1, activation keys on my dell laptop but there is an error message saying... ''The software licensing service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license'' Sir please i need your help... Moreover my pc is writing ''this copy of windows is not genuine'' Please help me. Thank You

Why activating? did you format the system? did you install original OS? Nairaland is against software counterfeiting so we need to be sure you are installing an original version of the Windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
help, i have 500GB backup, weneva i insert it, its keep asking me to "FORMAT" i dont want to format it bcuz i have alot of files in it...pls help me out... embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
danielchioboy: Please am having an issue with my system (compa 615) with windows 8 ultimate installed. Each time I try to open moxilla, explorer, adobe reader it says "the application was unable to start corectly (0xc0000005), click ok to close the application)" but wsword and sme oda programs are opening. I tried also to unistall my avast 8, it failed. Pls how do I solve it as I can't open pdf files. Tnx. danielchioboy@gmail.com,

last thing first: For your avast yea...thats a common problem with avast all you have to do is download avast uninstaller called aswClear. Download it here.

Start Windows in Safe Mode
Open (execute) the uninstall utility
If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
Click REMOVE
Restart your computer

Now lets talk about your 0xc0000005 error, after uninstalling the avast, try it if no joy....you might need to read how to boot into same mode in windows 8 and try to run such applications in same mode and see if it work.

Than we can help further
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
with moral: hp compaq cq56 flashing caps lock and num lock light unlimited times please help me with solutions
Now i am not saying the flashes are normal but what is wrong with the PC...just flashes but works well? or not booting? or boots but shows black screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:53pm On Jun 24, 2013
with moral: how can i remove bios password please help me the softwares for that

Bios password removing always not allowed here but show its possible. you might be lucky as most of the makers have back door password which works on any of their product. just get the name of your BIOS and google up backdoor for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
herrlekan: I installed a Windows 7 ultimate on my laptop but when it got to where to insert the product key, it says product key not correct. Please help if you have a working key. My email address is herrlekan@yahoo.co.uk in case you want to mail it to me directly, thanks.

Again we dont give product keys here...but sure somebody can mail you one and also you can google up windows 7 ultimate product key.txt you should see as many as possible.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Justice-4-all:
Pls, I need your help. My Acer Laptop can not be turn on again. It started by automatic turnoff. Now it is not charging again, iam in a fix. Pls help on what is wrong and what to do immediately. Thanks

If i get you well, it started going off automatically by itself and now its now even charging again? and you sure your adapter is working fine? okay you need to see an engineer.

if you are in Lagos contact Adetwin IT Concept Ent. Tel: +234-7057140885, +234-7082998588, +234-8133018196
Email: adetwin@hotmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
3RNEST: help, i have 500GB backup, weneva i insert it, its keep asking me to "FORMAT" i dont want to format it bcuz i have alot of files in it...pls help me out... embarassed

Do this:
Right My Computer --> Manage --> Disk Management

Now locate which one is your Harddisk
right click on it and Select change drive letter and path option
Assign a new drive letter (exaple if it was F:/ change to K:/) just make sure to change it to something else that is not already been assigned to your Harddisk.

If no joy, bro no harm, just format it....yes format it but dont reformat in any case, just format it and it should work now you can use a data recovery tool to get every bit of your data back.

Now you can contact me (info@wasconet.com) for such services and i guarantee you all your data will be recovered.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
Finally!! hey guys being a while...miss the thread and all the gurus.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
adewasco2k:

Do this:
Right My Computer --> Manage --> Disk Management

Now locate which one is your Harddisk
right click on it and Select change drive letter and path option
Assign a new drive letter (exaple if it was F:/ change to K:/) just make sure to change it to something else that is not already been assigned to your Harddisk.

If no joy, bro no harm, just format it....yes format it but dont reformat in any case, just format it and it should work now you can use a data recovery tool to get every bit of your data back.

Now you can contact me (info@wasconet.com) for such services and i guarantee you all your data will be recovered.
which recovery tool do u recommend? i'm afraid to format it back my boss doc. is in it.... embarassed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nomoless: 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
Please I need help with my pc audio. I formatted my pc and I have been having problem with installing the sound or audio software. The previously installed software is AC 97 realtek. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
nomoless: Please I need help with my pc audio. I formatted my pc and I have been having problem with installing the sound or audio software. The previously installed software is AC 97 realtek. Thanks

If you had said the exact operating system would have provided a direct link to download it but sure you can still download it here
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Atyem(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
pls anytime I try to browse with my E156 mtn fastlink modem, whenever it gets to authenticating, it always says 'there is hardware problem'. While it works correctly on other computers. Pls what should i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 3RNEST(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2013
Atyem: pls anytime I try to browse with my E156 mtn fastlink modem, whenever it gets to authenticating, it always says 'there is hardware problem'. While it works correctly on other computers. Pls what should i do?
format ur pc....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
adewasco2k:
Bios password removing always not allowed here but show its possible. you might be lucky as most of the makers have back door password which works on any of their product. just get the name of your BIOS and google up backdoor for it
no modern day software would remove a bios password on a modern day laptop...except u can use python very well...its always a hardware short-pin is always the surest and must be done by an expert..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nomoless: 1:52am On Jun 25, 2013
[/quote][quote author=adewasco2k]

If you had said the exact operating system would have provided a direct link to download it but sure you can still download it here

Thanks a million. It tool me some time to install due to network problem, my audio is now working. Thank you very much and God bless.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 5:09am On Jun 25, 2013
sameolg616:
no modern day software would remove a bios password on a modern day laptop...except u can use python very well...its always a hardware short-pin is always the surest and must be done by an expert..

Yes i totally agree with you but hey, he didnt mention the model of the PC and as an engineer i do see alot of people with such problems on older models and backdoor password always works...wait!!! did you say software? oooh! i never suggested a software...i said backdoor password grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:53am On Jun 25, 2013
Kingnap: Please Sir, i tried to activate the windows 7 home premium service pack 1, activation keys on my dell laptop but there is an error message saying... ''The software licensing service reported that the computer BIOS is missing a required license'' Sir please i need your help... Moreover my pc is writing ''this copy of windows is not genuine'' Please help me. Thank You
Given previous advice, I hope you solve this problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:06am On Jun 25, 2013
adewasco2k:

Yes i totally agree with you but hey, he didnt mention the model of the PC and as an engineer i do see alot of people with such problems on older models and backdoor password always works...wait!!! did you say software? oooh! i never suggested a software...i said backdoor password grin

The correct procedure is to first try a backdoor password. It's well documented on the internet.
After that, we can now think about removing the Cmos battery or short the Pin. In Nigeria, I wouldn't
advice a self employed technician to do it. its risky ! if you have a business insurance, then fine.

The situation is different here in Cambridge, England. we have business insurance. it is advisable to contact the
laptop manufacturer to short the pin. E.g. Toshiba, Dell and the likes. In a commercial environent thats the standard procedure. A procedure has to exist for their to be consistency. I sincerely agree with samuel and adewasko

@Samuel, backdoor password rarely work on modern laptops or a PC. but works on bios year 1994-2004 there about. so
cheesy well said by you. Adewasko, you're also right as well. Love you all. wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2013
Atyem: pls anytime I try to browse with my E156 mtn fastlink modem, whenever it gets to authenticating, it always says 'there is hardware problem'. While it works correctly on other computers. Pls what should i do?

3RNEST:
format ur pc....

Given 3RNEST suggestion. We would like you to consider the followings.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌ If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Once in device manager, look for network adaptor, orcan you see any conflict i.e. yellow signs

Please refer to your modem isp website for compatibility. what is the made of your laptop and model number.

you could also visit control panel through the start menu and look for programs and features then try uninstalling the modem and then insert it and install it automatically.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2013
adewasco2k:

Again we dont give product keys here...but sure somebody can mail you one and also you can google up windows 7 ultimate product key.txt you should see as many as possible.

Lovely !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Slatemsk(m): 10:40am On Jun 25, 2013
Pls help,when i on my laptop dis is what show up
The device in the system modular bay cannot be identified. It may not be completely inserted or may have some other problem. Please read and complete the following steps in order:
1) press the device completely and firmly into the bay
2) power off the system
3) press the power button to retry detecting the device.
Press esc to ignore error and continue.
So wen i press esc it says NO BOOTABLE DEVICE
pls what can i do my laptop is dell
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Atyem(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
deji2009:

Given 3RNEST suggestion. We would like you to consider the followings.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌ If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Once in device manager, look for network adaptor, orcan you see any conflict i.e. yellow signs

Please refer to your modem isp website for compatibility. what is the made of your laptop and model number.

you could also visit control panel through the start menu and look for programs and features then try uninstalling the modem and then insert it and install it automatically.
Thanks, I will let u know as soon as I try all these cos I want to consider formating as the last option
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Atyem(m): 2:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
I had tried all the sugestion but to no avail. the computer is hp 530
Atyem: Thanks, I will let u know as soon as I try all these cos I want to consider formating as the last option

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.