Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271562 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2013
smartbingari: I need help my laptop lenovo c200 i install avast antivirus it was running but when i shut down the system and boot it, it will log and i will insert my password and it will show starting window after that a black will appear and a blinking mouse i try to leave it nearly and hour but no solution please help me.

is windows xp the only operating system on the computer ?

check to make sure no cd or dvd in the cd dvd drive !

The laptop starting windows indicated is loading from the hard drive and
would suggest that you remove any device attached to the computer.

for example no usb stick or sd mempry card in the slot or
anything that could prevent it from booting. Have you just installed windows or
made nay recent changes to the computer Visit google and search how to use f8 to
repair your computer that's after you have answered the questions in bold.

If after using f8 you're still not able to get to windows, we may need to system restore.

Just of curiosity, where did you obtained the antivirus from, i.e. toreent or
the one you purchased or was a trial free version
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2013
u can send me a mail @ akinwande.yusuf@gmail.com.......... or on twitter @superted87
pls i hope am not becoming a pain in d Bottom for u.i really apprci8 all u ve done so far
onegig: I sent you one.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by teemama20(f): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2013
Pls help me. Just change frm win8 to win7ultimate and my vlc is not compatible.video is nt showing. Urgent reply pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2013
teemama20: Pls help me. Just change frm win8 to win7ultimate and my vlc is not compatible.video is nt showing. Urgent reply pls

1.Uninstall and re-install back. If it worked for Windows 8 it should work for 7, if this does not work get another copy of VLC and install.

2. Ur Windows installation might be bad 3. check if ur VGA is driven, if the vga driver is not installed, install it and check d player again.

4. What type of file are u trying to play with VLC, ur VLC player, might not support that particular file, so download the latest vlc player, download klite mega video codec and install on ur system, run VLC again.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2013
ur location? Contact : ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Mobile 07082998588/07057140885
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
Please help, I bought this brand new HP laptop and when I wanted to use it, I was made to agree to some Policies and then seal it with a password.
Wahala dey, I just surfed through the contents then I switched the laptop off, next day I switched it on and was asked to type in the password I used to seal it the previous day, I typed the same very password but it replied 'password incorrect'
Worse-the password hint I was showed by the laptop isn't anything close to the password I used in sealing it.
Worst-it showed me to insert a removeable device such as USB flash drive, that it would enable to reset the password, I tried this to no avail.
Guys, I'm lost, help out ASAP, how can I get ridof/reset this password, please, answer me, I need your help, hurry!
Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OMA4U(m): 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
deji2009:

Could it be you're using hp or a toshiba laptop. what is the
model number of your laptop ? what is the error message, please
provide full error message ? Have you made any changes to the
computer recently ?

Thanks. It's dell inspiron 1545. I installed autocad 2010 (trial version). After it was expired. Someone tried using command to uninstall it permanently, so that I can install an original version, but it didn't work. The person suggested I should reload since I needed the autocad fastly. He tried reloading it, but the function keys on the keyboard didn't work ( till now). On booting it back, it started displaying running memory test (yes/no) with blue background. If i chose 'yes', it would run for more than an hour and still display it. If 'no', it would reboot and go to window.

The autocad 2010 is still there and unable to uninstall, but I'm able to use 2007 now. Thanks so much for coming to my aid.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
OMA4U:

Thanks. It's dell inspiron 1545. I installed autocad 2010 (trial version). After it was expired. Someone tried using command to uninstall it permanently, so that I can install an original version, but it didn't work. The person suggested I should reload since I needed the autocad fastly. He tried reloading it, but the function keys on the keyboard didn't work ( till now). On booting it back, it started displaying running memory test (yes/no) with blue background. If i chose 'yes', it would run for more than an hour and still display it. If 'no', it would reboot and go to window.

The autocad 2010 is still there and unable to uninstall, but I'm able to use 2007 now. Thanks so much for coming to my aid.

Reload as in reinstall windows ?
Which of the functions keys ?

Did you get any error message
after windows installation ?

The blue screen is it check disk for
consistency ? if it is go to google and type
disable check disk with command prompt. do not
use the registry option

for the autocard follow this link

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

http://www.cad-notes.com/2012/04/uninstall-tool-for-autocad-and-autodesk-design-suite/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Pkingsley: 5:09pm On Aug 23, 2013
Greetings to all viewers!
My name is james from UK I own a plaza where I sell laptops,mobile phones,digital cameras,I-pads,I-pods etc. The rate of low sales rate here in UK is driven me out of business and I wanna open a branch in Africa. A friend told me Africa communication market is good. I need a trust worthy partner in Africa male or female. Interested persons should contact ppeterkingsley1@gmail.com for more inf

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 5:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Please help, I bought this brand new HP laptop and when I wanted to use it, I was made to agree to some Policies and then seal it with a password.
Wahala dey, I just surfed through the contents then I switched the laptop off, next day I switched it on and was asked to type in the password I used to seal it the previous day, I typed the same very password but it replied 'password incorrect'
Worse-the password hint I was showed by the laptop isn't anything close to the password I used in sealing it.
Worst-it showed me to insert a removeable device such as USB flash drive, that it would enable to reset the password, I tried this to no avail.
Guys, I'm lost, help out ASAP, how can I get ridof/reset this password, please, answer me, I need your help, hurry!
Thank you.
upload the picture of the receipt and password. Also add your email.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OMA4U(m): 6:49pm On Aug 23, 2013
deji2009:

Reload as in reinstall windows ?
Which of the functions keys ?

Did you get any error message
after windows installation ?

The blue screen is it check disk for
consistency ? if it is go to google and type
disable check disk with command prompt. do not
use the registry option

for the autocard follow this link

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

http://www.cad-notes.com/2012/04/uninstall-tool-for-autocad-and-autodesk-design-suite/

1.yeah, Installing window. 2. All the function keys 3. We were unable to install window, because we need f2 to go to set up. 4. Run memory test, and not check disk.

Thanks. I really appreciate you and the valuable time you use in solving my problem. More blessing, bro.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 7:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pls help me resend d pm........I'll be lookn forward to it
superted87: u can send me a mail @ akinwande.yusuf@gmail.com.......... or on twitter @superted87
pls i hope am not becoming a pain in d Bottom for u.i really apprci8 all u ve done so far
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by superted87: 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pls help me resend d pm........I'll really aprci8
onegig: am willing to help him if if can just post a pic of his receipt and the laptop . Drop your email after then. Am going to send it to your email.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VGA: 7:33pm On Aug 23, 2013
ggg
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2013
OMA4U:

1.yeah, Installing window. 2. All the function keys 3. We were unable to install window, because we need f2 to go to set up. 4. Run memory test, and not check disk.

Thanks. I really appreciate you and the valuable time you use in solving my problem. More blessing, bro.

try the fix's from previous post and have you tried installing windows with a usb external keyboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oddytony(m): 6:56am On Aug 24, 2013
Please I need help my modem won't connect it comes with an error msg 'failed to establish connection.........remote server disconnected' that's was before now it Just shows connection terminated or shows connecting for aS long as the computer is on. I tried my friends modem and it connected. Can anybody help tackle this thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:49am On Aug 24, 2013
try and change ur modem settings !ie Apn and de rest
oddytony: Please I need help my modem won't connect it comes with an error msg 'failed to establish connection.........remote server disconnected' that's was before now it Just shows connection terminated or shows connecting for aS long as the computer is on. I tried my friends modem and it connected. Can anybody help tackle this thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 7:58am On Aug 24, 2013
Onegig ,deji,briqht & de rest.... like seriuz play.. My friend's pman brouqht a new mini sony vaios laptop frm abroad...to my surprise wen he boot it. it was operatinq on andriod os no windows [shocked] ....can i install window7 /xp on it? It has 1 terrabyte HDD(1000GB) 4GB RAM .... Itz sony vaios white in colour
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dinobenson: 8:58am On Aug 24, 2013
deji2009:

made nay recent changes to the computer Visit google and search how to use f8 to

If after using f8 you're still not able to get to windows, we may need to system restore.

good morning my brother,sorry for bothering u,i have a problem with my hp mini.the keyboard is no longer responding except the mouse pad.i did a system recovery yet no solution.i had to start using screen keyboard,the thing is i want to give it my sister and she cant use it like that.when i checked on the control panel it showed it is working properly.and again whenever the system is booting up there is this continous beeping sound which started with the freezing of the keyboard.pls help a soul,most grateful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by firestar(f): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2013
Good morning.
Please, I own a HP G26, and its battery life is crap.

I have issues starting it up again and again and it comes up blank.
It powers alright, but that's about it-- it STAYS on without booting.

Help is appreciated, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dapreal(m): 11:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Can anyone giv me the price range of mac book pro charger 80W and 60W....pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
smartbingari: I need help my laptop lenovo c200 i install avast antivirus it was running but when i shut down the system and boot it, it will log and i will insert my password and it will show starting window after that a black will appear and a blinking mouse i try to leave it nearly and hour but no solution please help me.

Dinobenson: good morning my brother,sorry for bothering u,i have a problem with my hp mini.the keyboard is no longer responding except the mouse pad.i did a system recovery yet no solution.i had to start using screen keyboard,the thing is i want to give it my sister and she cant use it like that.when i checked on the control panel it showed it is working properly.and again whenever the system is booting up there is this continous beeping sound which started with the freezing of the keyboard.pls help a soul,most grateful.

Reply to post number 1
deji2009:

I am confused with the second post or could u have quoted the wrong one. what u typed does not
correspond to the solution provided and a different use name you replied with.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Donsammi: Onegig ,deji,briqht & de rest.... like seriuz play.. My friend's pman brouqht a new mini sony vaios laptop frm abroad...to my surprise wen he boot it. it was operatinq on andriod os no windows [shocked] ....can i install window7 /xp on it? It has 1 terrabyte HDD(1000GB) 4GB RAM .... Itz sony vaios white in colour

What is the exact model of the laptop ?
Have u tried doing some research on Google ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
firestar: Good morning.
Please, I own a HP G26, and its battery life is crap.

I have issues starting it up again and again and it comes up blank.
It powers alright, but that's about it-- it STAYS on without booting.

Help is appreciated, thanks.

Any flashing white line ?

restart it and ensure is running
through the main so that there is
enough power to test the hard drive

restart and keep pressing f10 for
bios. scrool to diagnostics and run
a hard drive test for me

It would either failed or passed the test
after that restart and keep pressing f8
continuously go to safe mode and see if the
computer would load safe mode. if it does let
us know and we may try system restore. if I does not load into safe mode
after waiting 5 minutes or so turn It off the power button. is this window's vista or win 7
we may need to run start up repair if all options fails
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dinobenson: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
deji2009:

a hard drive test for me

after waiting 5 minutes or so turn It off the power button. is this window's vista or win 7
pls any answer for my earlier post? Eagerly waiting,tanx.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by firestar(f): 1:59pm On Aug 24, 2013

On the screen, none whatsoever. Backlight is still blank. It hasn't progressed from there. sad

a hard drive test for me

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
firestar:

On the screen, none whatsoever. Backlight is still blank. It hasn't progressed from there. sad

follow prev instr...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Dinobenson: pls any answer for my earlier post? Eagerly waiting,tanx.

quote very confusing
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by firestar(f): 2:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Restart it and ensure is running

-- Restart and keep pressing f10 for
bios.

Done. No display.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2013
firestar:

Done. No display.

can you notice any movement. Is the fans moving or anything of sort..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by firestar(f): 2:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
onegig: can you notice any movement. Is the fans moving or anything of sort..

The fans do blow air.
Two days ago after switching it on and off several times, I got lucky and it displayed 'Resuming Windows'.... embarassed
Then the lights went off and it went with it!
Haven't had any luck since.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sino(m): 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Donsammi: Onegig ,deji,briqht & de rest.... like seriuz play.. My friend's pman brouqht a new mini sony vaios laptop frm abroad...to my surprise wen he boot it. it was operatinq on andriod os no windows [shocked] ....can i install window7 /xp on it? It has 1 terrabyte HDD(1000GB) 4GB RAM .... Itz sony vaios white in colour

deji2009:

What is the exact model of the laptop ?
Have u tried doing some research on Google ?

I was not quite sure that laptops are being shipped with android, but was thinking towards such lately...
anyways, as deji asked, the model of the laptop would help, i believe if it carries an intel processor or amd, with x86 or x64 architecture, it would definitely run a windows and with the spec, even windows 8.

i just stumbled upon installing android os on minilaptop hp, and the os is named Android-x86...i'm not sure if this is officially from google, but since android is open source i guess anything goes...
i think you can learn more from here...
http://www.android-x86.org/

(1) (2) (3) ... (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.