Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281057 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
honeric01: I'm really angry with phcn right, i need help o.
My dell laptop came with a preinstalled win 7 but i upgraded to win 8, after like 8 months i decided to change back to window 7 for reasons known to me. I was resetting my laptop to factory settings when phcn seized power, 2hrs later, my laptop battery went off while the pc was still resetting.
Right now, my laptop keeps saying 'diagnosing, repairing then unable to repair system. I've tried to boot from a window 8 cd but it keeps saying 'the image recovery media not valid'. I also with the help of someone download a window 8 recovery disc, yet it keeps saying the same thing. I really do not know what to do about the whole thing. How can i get pass this dilema? I have a win 7 cd too but it does nt recognize it, keeps asking for win 8 and sometimes brings up a code like logfile:p//cwindows system32 bla bla bla not found.

honeric01: Guys pls help with my plea na, i'm thinking of heading to c.villa tomorow with it if nothing can be done. Make una put me through o abeg.

I thought deji had put u through it. Well if it is the same issue as above, the factory reset process got corrupt because of the power outage. What you will need to do is to manually set the hardisk partition that contains the recovery information of ur laptop, ACTIVE, by so doing, when you boot ur system, the BIOS will look for bootable files first from the recovery partition and will automatically start the reset process. I normally achieve this by using DOS commands via DOS bootable disk like Win98 cd (its faster and works 4 me)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
lymelyte: Oga please help me oo.. I nor know why my laptop con dey slow anyhow now.to booth fast becomes a problem,running smoothly also a problem and I have avg internet security on it which hasn't expired.please I need a soln.

There are quite a lot of factors to look at while diagnosing slow systems. Factors like Memory size, is ur hardisk space almost used up. Ur AntiVirus, ur system being infected by virus, corrupt OS, software compatibility, registry problems e.t.c. but first use the msconfig command to disable some, or most start up programs that loads during start up, this MIGHT take care of the slow boot. Run ccleaner on ur system, its a tiny registry program used to scan and clean ur registry. What version of AVG do u have some of these new AntiViruses slows down low end systems. Uninstall unwanted programs, update ur A.V and scan.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

I thought deji had put u through it. Well if it is the same issue as above, the factory reset process got corrupt because of the power outage. What you will need to do is to manually set the hardisk partition that contains the recovery information of ur laptop, ACTIVE, by so doing, when you boot ur system, the BIOS will look for bootable files first from the recovery partition and will automatically start the reset process. I normally achieve this by using DOS commands via DOS bootable disk like Win98 cd (its faster and works 4 me)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

thanks bro, i have already gone to have it refornatted at ikeja. my dvd drive was selective, hence the reason i couldnt even load the disk and co.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by armirza(m): 11:45am On Nov 05, 2013
i am not able to delete the saved usernames and passwords from my computer! i tried going through settings but cannot find a solution..can anyone please help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MrKIZITO(m): 12:34pm On Nov 05, 2013
Mr.KIZITO:
Please i need your help on this. When ever i on my pc window 7 ...it will display this...."keyboard error'' that i should press f1 or f9{boot menu}....after i press f1 the system will start but the keyboard will not be working...please tell me what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quemark(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2013
Guys I need help 2, Am having similar problem. "Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)"Problem. My laptop goes off after power failure, then I try restarting it but it keeps loading without displaying my desktop files. I've tried up to six installation c.d but my system is not seeing it. I've also tried the safe mode, last known good configuration bla bla bla, but non is working and I have very important file in there. How can I recover my files or fix d problem pls? Below is the error msg am getting.

STOP: c000021a (Fatal System Error)
The session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x000000000x00000000).
The system has been shut down

Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
[quote author=Mr.KIZITO][/quote]

Ur keyboard is probably faulty btw is it desktop or laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Livingfire(m): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2013
i downloaded 2go on my pc but to edit and write my username is a problem have been clicking on it but its nt editing. pls wat can i do cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2013
quemark: Guys I need help 2, Am having similar problem. "Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)"Problem. My laptop goes off after power failure, then I try restarting it but it keeps loading without displaying my desktop files. I've tried up to six installation c.d but my system is not seeing it. I've also tried the safe mode, last known good configuration bla bla bla, but non is working and I have very important file in there. How can I recover my files or fix d problem pls? Below is the error msg am getting.

The session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x000000000x00000000).

Thanx

What exactly is your system not seeing. The sudden power cut to your system must have corrupted your OS hence the BSOD. My advice here will be to run a CHKDSK /R command, but at your level, you will need to have a working optical drive to aid you, if this is what your system is not seeing. More update from you on the problem will help in solving ur problem.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 7:27am On Nov 06, 2013
Please anybody knows how much it will cost for a new HP Pavilion dv 2700 keyboard? Have lots of sticky & missing ones. Thanks all, need the info like pronto.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quemark(m): 7:50am On Nov 06, 2013
[quote author=KnightsTemplar]

Thanx for the swift response Knights, yeah u are right. My disc drive may be bad. Its still accepts CD"s once in a while. I still try to power my laptop dis morning. It will boot but wen its abt to display what I have on my desktop it will start same process all over again. I guess the OS is corrupted like u just suggested. How can I run d CHKDSK / R Command pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

There are quite a lot of factors to look at while diagnosing slow systems. Factors like Memory size, is ur hardisk space almost used up. Ur AntiVirus, ur system being infected by virus, corrupt OS, software compatibility, registry problems e.t.c. but first use the msconfig command to disable some, or most start up programs that loads during start up, this MIGHT take care of the slow boot. Run ccleaner on ur system, its a tiny registry program used to scan and clean ur registry. What version of AVG do u have some of these new AntiViruses slows down low end systems. Uninstall unwanted programs, update ur A.V and scan.

Thanks bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ifebazz(m): 9:46am On Nov 06, 2013
Please all, any ideas what it costs to obtain a new keyboard for HP Pavilion dv2700 laptop? Thanks anybody.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by KnightsTemplar(m): 9:55am On Nov 06, 2013
quemark: [/quote]

[quote author=quemark]Guys I need help 2, Am having similar problem. "Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)"Problem. My laptop goes off after power failure, then I try restarting it but it keeps loading without displaying my desktop files. I've tried up to six installation c.d but my system is not seeing it. I've also tried the safe mode, last known good configuration bla bla bla, but non is working and I have very important file in there. How can I recover my files or fix d problem pls? Below is the error msg am getting.

Thanx

What version of Windows OS is that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
anytime i boot my pc, and login 2 my administrator account, it logs off immediately now i cant use my system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uneeking(m): 1:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
quemark: Guys I need help 2, Am having similar problem. "Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD)"Problem. My laptop goes off after power failure, then I try restarting it but it keeps loading without displaying my desktop files. I've tried up to six installation c.d but my system is not seeing it. I've also tried the safe mode, last known good configuration bla bla bla, but non is working and I have very important file in there. How can I recover my files or fix d problem pls? Below is the error msg am getting.

Thanx
If your hard disk is large ennough and it allows you to partition it, you can install another operating system on a new partition after which you can access the other drive from the new one and copy out your important files before trying to recover the faulty drive checking it through the new partition.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uneeking(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2013
Please friends, does anyone know how I can free up my website's bandwidth which which suddenly overshot its bounds? The website cannot load now until the bandwidth issue is sorted out and the hosting company staff seem to be more confused than their customer on this issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by quemark(m): 10:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
KnightsTemplar:

Dell Windows XP 2005 servise pack 2

What version of Windows OS is that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dragnet: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ifebazz: Please all, any ideas what it costs to obtain a new keyboard for HP Pavilion dv2700 laptop? Thanks anybody.
5.5k should get you a new keyboard + service charge.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jaybee46: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello, please my laptop usually hibernate itself automatically. ie in the process of working it would just hibernate. i have checked the cooling fan and it is working perfectly. so please i need suggestions on what might probably be the cause. thanks am greateful.......................
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
jaybee46: Hello, please my laptop usually hibernate itself automatically. ie in the process of working it would just hibernate. i have checked the cooling fan and it is working perfectly. so please i need suggestions on what might probably be the cause. thanks am greateful.......................

type hibernate settings on Google and follow the instructions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 5:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
deji2009:

type hibernate settings on Google and follow the instructions
i av issues with my pc, it cant just boot completely but rather relapse, i av pressed f8 and f10 and yet stil the same, but now i dnt know what i even clicked but i have gotten a different options, which one should i choose:
a. Safe mode
b. Safe mode with networking
c.safe mode with command prompt.
D. Enable boot logging
e. Enable VGA mode
f. Directory service restore mode
g. Debugging mode
f. Disable automatic restart on system failure
g. Start windows normally
h. Reboot
f. Return to OS choices menu
g. Last known good configuration.
...wish one should i pick..urgent
i really dnt want to pick safe mode cos it got me into dis trouble...pls reply..urgent.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2013
Debeloved87: i av issues with my pc, it cant just boot completely but rather relapse, i av pressed f8 and f10 and yet stil the same, but now i dnt know what i even clicked but i have gotten a different options, which one should i choose:
a. Safe mode
b. Safe mode with networking
c.safe mode with command prompt.
D. Enable boot logging
e. Enable VGA mode
f. Directory service restore mode
g. Debugging mode
f. Disable automatic restart on system failure
g. Start windows normally
h. Reboot
f. Return to OS choices menu
g. Last known good configuration.
...wish one should i pick..urgent
i really dnt want to pick safe mode cos it got me into dis trouble...pls reply..urgent.

u r misquoted me in ur post.
the hibernation settings is for someone else

what is the actual problem, please be specific about it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2013
deji2009:

u r misquoted me in ur post.
the hibernation settings is for someone else

what is the actual problem, please be specific about it
the system tries to boot the OS Windows xp but couldnt but rather restarts all over and when it wants to boot the OS it restarts again...i av clicked all the options i posted above its the same thing, it tries to boot and load the operating system,hang abit and restarts.. What can i do about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:24am On Nov 08, 2013
Debeloved87: the system tries to boot the OS Windows xp but couldnt but rather restarts all over and when it wants to boot the OS it restarts again...i av clicked all the options i posted above its the same thing, it tries to boot and load the operating system,hang abit and restarts.. What can i do about it.

please provide an answers to the following questions

have you recently formatted your laptop/PC
or install any software drivers ?

what make is the laptop/PC , e.g. hp cq600

is it dual boot ? i.e. xp and windows 8

when it restart any blue screen with ox000c?

In the meanwhile get to safe mode
start, all programmes, accessories, system tools
and system restore select a date when it works
and follow the instructions to complete
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2013
deji2009:

please provide an answers to the following questions

have you recently formatted your laptop/PC
or install any software drivers ?

what make is the laptop/PC , e.g. hp cq600

is it dual boot ? i.e. xp and windows 8

when it restart any blue screen with ox000c?

In the meanwhile get to safe mode
start, all programmes, accessories, system tools
and system restore select a date when it works
and follow the instructions to complete
i have formatted it b4,but more than a year ago. Its zinox smart, a mini laptop with no cd-rom. I recently installed avast antivirus, thou the installation was about 80% done when d light was interrupted and it was working when i put it on again. I discoverd that it takes alot of my mb and i was trying to uninstall it. I then restarted the computer and pressed f8 in order to get me into the safe mode and till now, i am still at that point... It only uses window xp. When i click on the "disable automatic restart on system failure" it show a blue screen which says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the computer..a technical information of STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF8965524,...).
Any lead pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
Debeloved87: i have formatted it b4,but more than a year ago. Its zinox smart, a mini laptop with no cd-rom. I recently installed avast antivirus, thou the installation was about 80% done when d light was interrupted and it was working when i put it on again. I discoverd that it takes alot of my mb and i was trying to uninstall it. I then restarted the computer and pressed f8 in order to get me into the safe mode and till now, i am still at that point... It only uses window xp. When i click on the "disable automatic restart on system failure" it show a blue screen which says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to the computer..a technical information of STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF8965524,...).
Any lead pls

The error indicated that your hard disk is corrupt due to the fact the
computer did not copy the complete system files to the hard drive
further more
Without safe mode repairs, repairs would be difficult to
run, i.e. check disk or sfc /scannow. in the meanwhile get external cd rom
and connect to your laptop then check your bios usually by f2 to change boot order to
cd dvd and put in an xd cd make sure you complete the previous installations.
without completing it to o 100% the laptop will continue to give you problems.
this time around make sure you complete it. there are no shortcut
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Debeloved87(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2013
deji2009:

The error indicated that your hard disk is corrupt due to the fact the
computer did not copy the complete system files to the hard drive
further more
Without safe mode repairs, repairs would be difficult to
run, i.e. check disk or sfc /scannow. in the meanwhile get external cd rom
and connect to your laptop then check your bios usually by f2 to change boot order to
cd dvd and put in an xd cd make sure you complete the previous installations.
without completing it to o 100% the laptop will continue to give you problems.
this time around make sure you complete it. there are no shortcut
ok thanks. I'l do as said.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:52am On Nov 09, 2013
Pls i need help. I installed vm ware in my win7 to run some win xp compatible programs. So i assigned 40G to it but when i uninstald d vm ware my 40G didn't come back n i don't know what to do. Pls help cos 40G is too much to loose. Tnks

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.