Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,343 members, 7,843,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1280494 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
candy:
Took the pictures but can't attach, too large. How do I resize? Pardon my ignorance
upload on Facebook or instagram and copy the link here.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Amazing Angel: its 120gb
Then 8k should sort it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sirshegs: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
onegig: upload on Facebook or instagram and copy the link here.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Uchwilliam(m): 4:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
please who can help me my hp window 7 64bit pc cant play video.if i wanna play video it will close.i use vlc,window player non can play.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
Donsammi: 0mo this one pass me .. my friend installed win7 ultimate!! on hp compaq dx2200 mt (desktop) after evrythinq de GuY meet me sayin the sound iz nt workinq ... i chcked the device manager & saw idt hiqh definition audio [/b]Not pluqqed[b] wat cud be the probs

maybe d wrong driver... i aint sure about idt high definition on desktops unlike realtek, soundmax n others..... dose are meant 4 laptop chips..

these are the problems one face wen one installs an OS not officially supported by the manufacturer.. it happened 2 me on a laptop i downgraded 2 xp... i looked 4 d sound driver and i ended up installing idt audio driver meant for windows 7 on it and it worked like a charm... try and uninstall d device and remember 2 delete d driver also.. if u ve some mb 2 spare.. use windows update 2 get d driver...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Donsammi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
hmmm.0k jux searched g00Gle hp no lonqer doinq drivers for compaq Dx2200Mt .. But i saw its twin DX2400Mt amma download it and also let the see this post here for him to believe mua
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 9:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Timijohn:

Thank you very much
I'll do that as soon as I get home and will get back to you. Thanks alot.
Thanks deji the yellow mark came back. I checked the properties and saw Error" 28"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ezennaemeka1(m): 9:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
deji2009:

Restart the machine in questions and
keep pressing f2 for bios. connect your
charger then connect to the mains
to get power then leave it there.

l@@k at your clock and write down the time
you left it on and come back later in about 1.30hrs time
the machine would have turned itself off

let us know. also what sort of things do you usually do
when it turned off, i.e. internet or playing music /movies
I really appreciate your reply. It usually switches off when ever it's on and plugged in the light regardless of what am doing. I'v also noticed that the small fan inside it is no longer blowing causing the system to be too hot when in use. What do i need to do about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kaysalas(m): 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2013
hi, please guys my laptop hp630 makes a weird noise on start up(pin.. pin..pin..) and I keep having to press enter and escape keys continually before it stops and windows eventually loads. it started just last week or thereabout. I need help to fix this please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brightk(m): 10:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Kaysalas: hi, please guys my laptop hp630 makes a weird noise on start up(pin.. pin..pin..) and I keep having to press enter and escape keys continually before it stops and windows eventually loads. it started just last week or thereabout. I need help to fix this please
i tink u nid a new kibod
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zeestone99(m): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
Guys Plz what could be wrong wit my laptop(LG rd590 Intel corei5)
It's gets very hot hot afta using it for sometime and d fan is stil rolling.... Pls any idea wht could b wrong
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 10:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
Eze nnaemeka:
I really appreciate your reply. It usually switches off when ever it's on and plugged in the light regardless of what am doing. I'v also noticed that the small fan inside it is no longer blowing causing the system to be too hot when in use. What do i need to do about it.
Please stop using that system for now. Its switching off because of over heating
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigt2(m): 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
zeestone99: Guys Plz what could be wrong wit my laptop(LG rd590 Intel corei5)
It's gets very hot hot afta using it for sometime and d fan is stil rolling.... Pls any idea wht could b wrong
the cooling system is faulty.
It is either the fan underspinning, the thermal glue peeled off, or dust accumulated from using the laptop in a dusty area.
Get a qualified engineer to fix it......
Thanks!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by starboiA1(m): 11:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
Has anybody got an idea onHOW 2 lock a specific browser onA PC? Thereby restricting other users 4rm using the browser (even onD same account like Admin,Standard or Guest)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2013
Timijohn:
Thanks deji the yellow mark came back. I checked the properties and saw Error" 28"

The laptop was dropped and the cd drive was repaired or replaced ?
And there is yellow sign in device manager and still read dvds ?

you did not follow prev instructions, please go back and run the
auto fix. please try 3 different audio cd not a copied one but
original one with casing and labels.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slap1(m): 9:12am On Nov 28, 2013
I want to change my PC's battery this weekend. I'm going for a new battery, and I want to know how many hours battery life I can get from it. The one it came with stays up to 4 hours.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slap1(m): 9:15am On Nov 28, 2013
How much will it cost to fix a laptop's speaker? The system is a DELL Vostro 1400.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Timijohn: 11:25am On Nov 28, 2013
deji2009:

The laptop was dropped and the cd drive was repaired or replaced ?
And there is yellow sign in device manager and still read dvds ?

you did not follow prev instructions, please go back and run the
auto fix. please try 3 different audio cd not a copied one but
original one with casing and labels.

Thanks for your reply.
1. You asked me toscan for hardware changes. I did that and saw "other devices" with the yellow mark, i checked the properties and saw the error code "28" which you asked me to check for before doing the autofix.

2. The DVD/CD ROm wasn't changed, the engineer said he had to work on the board.

3. After the repair, I discovered it couldn't read CDs any more, it could only read DVDs. I thought the probkem could be caused by drivers, so I checked the device manager and under the CD/DVD part, I saw that the DVD part had no yellow mark but the CD did have the mark. I want to 100 tools driver CD but, it couldn't read it.

4. As for the autofix link you gave me, I'm will try it when i take the laptop to a cafe cos, i could not access it on phone and my MODEM is out of data.
I hope I can now do the autofix, cos you said i should let you see the code first.
Thanks for your assistance, I'll get back to you after I try the autofix.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2013
please who know where and how much it ll cost me to replace my laptop screen? its inspiron 15-3521. thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 12:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
I recently but a new hp laptop ( window cool.Sometimes when I switched on and try to browse it restart and display ur pc is collecting some error information and your this issue makes your pc to restart.
Then it displays if ii want more information I should check our for DPC_WATCHDOG _ VIOLATION..PLS HELP
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
slap1: How much will it cost to fix a laptop's speaker? The system is a DELL Vostro 1400.

Depends on how big and scarce the speaker is . Might cost you around 2k.

Also on your battery ish . Shouldn't cost more than 6-7k depending on location.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
MIKE4CHRIST: please who know where and how much it ll cost me to replace my laptop screen? its inspiron 15-3521. thanks in advance.

Give a location. Price depends on location.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 1:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
lymelyte: I recently but a new hp laptop ( window cool.Sometimes when I switched on and try to browse it restart and display ur pc is collecting some error information and your this issue makes your pc to restart.
Then it displays if ii want more information I should check our for DPC_WATCHDOG _ VIOLATION..PLS HELP

Is it brand new or fairly used?

The error is same as windows blue screen of death and is mostly likely caused by conflicting hardwares or an outdated driver for one of your hardware components. For example, if your sound card driver does not support Windows 8, simply plugging in a set of headphones could produce a DPC Watchdog Violation error. While not as common, software installations that affect your system software could also lead to DPC Watchdog Violations and the corresponding blue screen of death.

Update your network drivers if it however doesn't work. beep me that's if you are in lag.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lymelyte(m): 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
onegig:

Is it brand new or fairly used?

The error is same as windows blue screen of death and is mostly likely caused by conflicting hardwares or an outdated driver for one of your hardware components. For example, if your sound card driver does not support Windows 8, simply plugging in a set of headphones could produce a DPC Watchdog Violation error. While not as common, software installations that affect your system software could also lead to DPC Watchdog Violations and the corresponding blue screen of death.

Update your network drivers if it however doesn't work. beep me that's if you are in lag.
Thanks.it is a new laptop..i just shutdown now and update and restart displayed. So I clicked it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by uobimba(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
pls friends wot do i do to a laptop indicating charging whn pluged but cannt boot when put on.help needed pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
Timijohn:

Thanks for your reply.
1. You asked me toscan for hardware changes. I did that and saw "other devices" with the yellow mark, i checked the properties and saw the error code "28" which you asked me to check for before doing the autofix.

2. The DVD/CD ROm wasn't changed, the engineer said he had to work on the board.

3. After the repair, I discovered it couldn't read CDs any more, it could only read DVDs. I thought the probkem could be caused by drivers, so I checked the device manager and under the CD/DVD part, I saw that the DVD part had no yellow mark but the CD did have the mark. I want to 100 tools driver CD but, it couldn't read it.

4. As for the autofix link you gave me, I'm will try it when i take the laptop to a cafe cos, i could not access it on phone and my MODEM is out of data.
I hope I can now do the autofix, cos you said i should let you see the code first.
Thanks for your assistance, I'll get back to you after I try the autofix.

Okay. lets wait and see.Last resort is to take back to where it was repaired, at the
end of day you paid them for their service.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
uobimba: pls friends wot do i do to a laptop indicating charging whn pluged but cannt boot when put on.help needed pls

please be specific, i.e. On but no display or no power

turned on but couldn't go past the windows screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
lymelyte:
Thanks.it is a new laptop..i just shutdown now and update and restart displayed. So I clicked it

Given what you've already tried please follow the followings.

Citation

http://notesalongthepath.com/2013/10/22/5-simple-steps-to-end-windows-8-dpc_watchdog_violation-crashes/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by slap1(m): 7:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
onegig:

Depends on how big and scarce the speaker is . Might cost you around 2k.

Also on your battery ish . Shouldn't cost more than 6-7k depending on location.
Thanks. Do you know how long a new battery can last?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by onegig(m): 12:32am On Nov 29, 2013
slap1: Thanks. Do you know how long a new battery can last?
depends on use. Batteries are electronic consumables you can't say how long they would last except if you are talking about use time per full charge then i guess for that price 3 to 4 hours max if you are just using simple applications and 2hours if it is movies you watching.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gifterai: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2013
My PC do not work on battery, it's only when I plug it to power that it works. Then if I'm using it on power and the lights goes off, the laptop will switch off at once instead of switching to battery. Please what is the cause. I use hp pavilion dv6-3381si.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:04am On Nov 29, 2013
Gifterai: My PC do not work on battery, it's only when I plug it to power that it works. Then if I'm using it on power and the lights goes off, the laptop will switch off at once instead of switching to battery. Please what is the cause. I use hp pavilion dv6-3381si.

RE: Battery not holding a charge

Click on the start menu, type in hp battery test
and carry out the test. it would either passed, replaced
or weak. if you cant find hp battery test either you have up or down
graded your operating system. google hp battery test and run it
you'd need the charger to be plugged in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.