Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1274690 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintpn(f): 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2014
deji2009:

What is the make and model number of your laptop? For example, Toshiba p300-20h windows 7. Google atx reset and follow the instructions. Is your laptop an nvidia ? Look on the labels
thanks deji my laptop model is Hp pavilion dv600, It was upgraded to window 7 and its a nvidia. Thanks a lot for your reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2014
Okewa: Hi skydancer,my DELL laptop has virus nd av tried to scan it out but no way, pls can u teach on hw to reformat it because datz wat i intend to do nw.......thanks bro while i await ur response, my mailbox is monesco2007@yahoo.com incase u need to send me any msg

restart and keep pressing f8

select repair your computer
and follow the instructions

what node is it ? e.g dell d50
windows xp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by saintpn(f): 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
deji2009:

What is the make and model number of your laptop? For example, Toshiba p300-20h windows 7. Google atx reset and follow the instructions. Is your laptop an nvidia ? Look on the labels
hi Deji i tried the ATX reset but its still not working
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
saintpn: hi Deji i tried the ATX reset but its still not working

good day can you let us know your location? lets see how we can send in our engineer to fix it up.... contact: check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:32pm On Sep 29, 2014
Okewa: Hi skydancer,my DELL laptop has virus nd av tried to scan it out but no way, pls can u teach on hw to reformat it because datz wat i intend to do nw.......thanks bro while i await ur response, my mailbox is monesco2007@yahoo.com incase u need to send me any msg

yeah but what if we come and do it in your presence, lets know your location lets see if we can send in our engineer to fix it up for you......... contact: check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
sodiquisty: when I turn on my laptop it brings out #disk read error nd display dat press contrl +del.#av pres it bt is stil nt bootin hlp me guys.

its likely your hard disk is faulty!
can you lets know your location lets see how we can send our engineer to fix it up for you............ contact: check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:50pm On Sep 29, 2014
mgb4reel:
That sound ash but thanks for going straight to the point. What recovery software can i use? could u recommend one? How do I go about it? Thanks bro
our post...i
hello...i just read your post...i have been away for quite a while...hdd recovery is part of my specialization...there are certain rules and conditions that apply to hdd recovery so i would really advise you to DIY else ur data could be lost forever or overwritten
pls leave the hdd intact in the system..(its like trying to rescue someone from a fatal accident,moving the body carelessly may result in fracture or sometin worse)
call ne on 08061679732 for quick response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2014
bright007: .....How do i write the error or go to event viewer....

thats simple ..any experienced tech here should know thats a BSOD(blue screen of death)
it has been much debated here in some of my old posts
its called mainly by:
hardware conflict
invalid entries in the registry
improper intallation/uninstallation of programs
try and check the last program or hardware u installed...else give me a call on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2014
brainny74:

Yes I'm using aVAst pro 2014 and had uupdated several times but it still persists,,
not everything that infects your system is a virus...there are many malware,adware,dialers and so ..
the infection on your system is totally harmless but annoying..
once it has bypassed your antivirus,its useless updating instead a proper scanning should be done on another system wit a strong up-to-date antivirus..better yet,u use an antivirus rescue cd/media to boot on startup..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
would you behead yourself because you are having a constant headache?atimes,even the simpliest rest and sleep makes a migraine disappear..
ie reformatting is never the solution to a persistent problem..LET THE PROS DO THEIR THEIR WORK AND NOT DIY..
besides,how are you sure its a virus infection?
call me on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
sodiquisty: when I turn on my laptop it brings out #disk read error nd display dat press contrl +del.#av pres it bt is stil nt bootin hlp me guys.
a disk read error simply means the hard disk location or sector cant be read as a result of some of the factors:
1..bad disk sector
2...failing hard disk resulting from a physical damage
3...atimes,a corrupt fat or file in the referenced location
i regenerate hdds..so if your lucky its not a physical damage,,then i can rectify the problem

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2014
Twinsoris: HI CAN ANY MEMBERS DIRECT ME OR HAVE THE HARD DRIVE FOR DELL-E4200 FOR SALE THANKS.
thats a SSD..soild state disk...its quite expensive and rare..i think its like 30-35k
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Janyves(m): 9:48pm On Sep 29, 2014
Peeps in the house.... GREETINGS...recently my compaq6735s started acting funny wouldn't display on screen and does the d 5 blinks thing.... I'm thinking its the gpu(maybe I should bale it a bit) anyone ever had this fault before? Kindly help me out... undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sodiquisty(m): 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
lik hw much wil it caus me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kwenu: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2014
Hey House, please i got a problem with my dell D505 LAPTOP, i had to press the button hard to get it powered on , and if it powers nothing displays on the screen the lights close to the power button flashes for about 4 or 5 seconds and goes off, despite all these , no screen display or diplay on the screen, i have checked the ram memory and i do not think that its a screen problem, but someone once said that it could be a mainboard or motherboard problem , he seem not to be sure about it.

please my fellow engineers in the house what could be the problem with this laptop?
and whats the solution?
could this be a mainboard or motherboard problem, ?

do computers get better and reliable after thier faulty motherboard or mainboard is been fixed?

please advice me on what to do

thanks to you all

and God bless you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mgb4reel(m): 4:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
hi pals, the hard disk on my system got crashed, i think so cos its not even booting again and it makes some click sound; i even removed it and use it as an external hard drive but systems are not detecting it. I even tried to use recuva to get the data but all to no avail. The most painful part is the data have got on it lipsrsealed. Now, I need advice. Between, how much can i get hdd of like 120gb or 250gb to use on it? Thanks for your quick response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2014
mgb4reel: hi pals, the hard disk on my system got crashed, i think so cos its not even booting again and it makes some click sound; i even removed it and use it as an external hard drive but systems are not detecting it. I even tried to use recuva to get the data but all to no avail. The most painful part is the data have got on it lipsrsealed. Now, I need advice. Between, how much can i get hdd of like 120gb or 250gb to use on it? Thanks for your quick response

I recently bought 1TB for 12k.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
kwenu: Hey House, please i got a problem with my dell D505 LAPTOP, i had to press the button hard to get it powered on , and if it powers nothing displays on the screen the lights close to the power button flashes for about 4 or 5 seconds and goes off, despite all these , no screen display or diplay on the screen, i have checked the ram memory and i do not think that its a screen problem, but someone once said that it could be a mainboard or motherboard problem , he seem not to be sure about it.

please my fellow engineers in the house what could be the problem with this laptop?
and whats the solution?
could this be a mainboard or motherboard problem, ?

do computers get better and reliable after thier faulty motherboard or mainboard is been fixed?

please advice me on what to do

thanks to you all

and God bless you

It just might be weak bios battery. How long have you had it for?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kangol99(m): 7:08pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thanks for your reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kwenu: 7:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
@Lordreed, i have had it for close to 2years
LordReed:

It just might be weak bios battery. How long have you had it for?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Sep 30, 2014
kwenu: @Lordreed, i have had it for close to 2years

Bios battery might be weak as I stated. If you can open it locate the bios battery and take it out then try to boot it. If it gives a different set of beeps or flashing lights then the bios battery is OK. Also take out the ram modules and try to boot.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etingi(m): 1:33am On Oct 01, 2014
@Lord Reed I have an issue with my lappy. It starts malfunctioning about 2weeks ago. It starts with the powering on and the fan running but the screen is blank and the caps button shows light. I had the lappy close to 2yrs.
Make: HP Pro book 4530s, i3, 4Gb,500HDD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 01, 2014
please i need help asap.
i have two problems with my laptop hp dv3 touchsmart notebook.
first problem
it has been telling me that there is something wrong with my fan and sometimes trips off when am in the middle of s
omething. but when i put it on, it switches on but sometimes, i will hv to blow into d fan vent for it to power on.

second problem
when i charge it sometimes, it refuses to charge. it switches on of course but the battery indicator shows 'plugged in but not charging? ' my battery dat lasts for 2hours b4 now lasts for 30min.
pls diagnose my laptop, the engineers in d house n tell me what to do.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:31am On Oct 01, 2014
Realchick: please i need help asap.
i have two problems with my laptop hp dv3 touchsmart notebook.
first problem
it has been telling me that there is something wrong with my fan and sometimes trips off when am in the middle of s
omething. but when i put it on, it switches on but sometimes, i will hv to blow into d fan vent for it to power on.

second problem
when i charge it sometimes, it refuses to charge. it switches on of course but the battery indicator shows 'plugged in but not charging? ' my battery dat lasts for 2hours b4 now lasts for 30min.
pls diagnose my laptop, the engineers in d house n tell me what to do.
thanks

Google hp battery test and download it to test your battery. Follow the instructions

Google hp dv300 recall. Pay attention to the information
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:33am On Oct 01, 2014
etingi: @Lord Reed I have an issue with my lappy. It starts malfunctioning about 2weeks ago. It starts with the powering on and the fan running but the screen is blank and the caps button shows light. I had the lappy close to 2yrs.
Make: HP Pro book 4530s, i3, 4Gb,500HDD

Google atx reset and follow the steps to take your battery out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etingi(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2014
I will check thanks.
deji2009:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etingi(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2014
I did but the screen is still blank
deji2009:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
etingi: I did but the screen is still blank

good day can you let us know your location? lets see how we can send in our engineer to fix it up.... contact: check our signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please, before you download the Windows 10 Technical Preview know that it is not meant to be run on your personal computer. It is meant for test and to report bugs to Microsoft. For those of you who are willing to see how the new Windows 10 looks and functions, you might want to run it in your old machines, on a separate partition of your hard disk or on the virtual machine. If you are ready to download the Windows 10 follow the link below:

Windows 10 download link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Etinosajay(m): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
.....sorted
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Please help me, my D-links modem is showing dial up failed... How am I gonna resolve this..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello please
Bought a mega 14 software with numerous apps + pes 14 but
I can't install apps or games on my newly bought acer win8 laptop.
Please what do I do??
Am average in computer operating not that kind of guru
Really fustrating Me.
Please help!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.