Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,614 members, 7,847,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (495) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1282336 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by G12(m): 5:54pm On Jan 08, 2015
bedfordng:
try and install the raw file again, or maybe latest version of most of your software.if it occurs, then it may be that a virus has corrupted your files.some virus can not be detected by some antivirus.did you try to open other softwares to see if they are working also.

I have done that yet same problem keeps reoccurring. my safari and opera browsers are still opening. I am just scared that if the problem persist it may affect other programs on the system. I really want to fix it before it does more damage.

I have tried to restore my system to an earlier date, but i was not successful with that.

I tried using the method attached below , but I got to a stage I couldn't proceed because I couldn't find the next step.

Please what's the way out?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by conyema12(m): 7:27pm On Jan 08, 2015
LordReed:

Yeah it should be powerful enough but if you plan to do multitasking with it I'd advice you to upgrade the ram to 8gb.

Thank you very much.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bedfordng(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
G12:

I have done that yet same problem keeps reoccurring. my safari and opera browsers are still opening. I am just scared that if the problem persist it may affect other programs on the system. I really want to fix it before it does more damage.

I have tried to restore my system to an earlier date, but i was not successful with that.

I tried using the method attached below , but I got to a stage I couldn't proceed because I couldn't find the next step.

then your system may be infected with virus that is eating the programs little by little.this kind of stuff happened to me when i used my external hard drive to install softwares for some one not knowing the system has a very bad virus that currupt my drive and system.none of my tools was installing, could not open any of my program, they show stuff like yours.so i had to wipe the system like over 5 times due to avoiding too much loss of tools on my external disk.scanned the drive with avast but did not detect most of them but when i used a simple free antivirus called smadav, i got rid of them and lost some tools.your best shot is to format the system because scanning it may not resolve it all since some virus have a way of hiding some where unnoticed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tjosh007(m): 12:41am On Jan 09, 2015
my pc tones on starting....its a short continuous very loud toning. Pls what do ido?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:46am On Jan 09, 2015
tjosh007:
my pc tones on starting....its a short continuous very loud toning. Pls what do ido?

Its a memory or video card issue... Can you unscrew the memory and change it with another? What's the make of your laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:48am On Jan 09, 2015
G12:

Backup your FILES and do a clean installation.. … can you do that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:51am On Jan 09, 2015
adetwin:

Backup your FILES and do a clean installation.. … can you do that?

.... Ur location let's send an engineer to help fix it, contact: check our signature, Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 10:23am On Jan 09, 2015
G12:

That should indeed fix it. Worked for me before. At what stage did you get stuck?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 10:39am On Jan 09, 2015
Timiskhid:
Hello guys, my cd drive is nt working.. nt even showing in the Computer folder.. i checked d hardware its like having a probz.. hw can i fix it.. plss.. every reply counts..

Verify that the device is visible in the BIOS, and showing up without problem in Device Manager (No question mark, exclamation mark or downward pointing arrow). If everything looks fine, then it is probably just a case of a missing drive letter/path. Try the following.

Press Windows key + R > Type diskmgmt.msc in the search box and enter > In the window that appears, locate the device, right click on it and choose "change drive letter and paths" > Click add, select a drive letter and click OK.

I hope this helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoadeleye(m): 11:12am On Jan 09, 2015
Hello guru's in the house, here is my problem, actually am still a newbie in owning a laptop,.

I just bought a laptop ''aspire V5'', so i feel like downloading some games on it, can i just put any game i saw on internet on my pc, or is their any specification i must consider before attempting to download any game on it.. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yurme(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2015
Hello house pls I wnt 2 knw d price of 200gig hard disk for hp windows 7 ultimate #tnkz in adv
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davibid: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2015
Pls assist me Msword 2010 activation key. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by G12(m): 5:27pm On Jan 09, 2015
shawlxAk:

That should indeed fix it. Worked for me before. At what stage did you get stuck?

thanks.

at (step 5), I found this security update - KB958488 instead of KB2859537 listed. I uninstalled the one showing I found on my system anyway(step 6). after restarting my system I didn't find (step 7)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 5:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
omoadeleye:
Hello guru's in the house, here is my problem, actually am still a newbie in owning a laptop,.

I just bought a laptop ''aspire V5'', so i feel like downloading some games on it, can i just put any game i saw on internet on my pc, or is their any specification i must consider before attempting to download any game on it.. Thanks in anticipation

Yes, There are some recommended specifications before a game could work smoothly on your PC.t requires huge date for you to download a Nice. Whats the total size of the game you are trying to download.?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoadeleye(m): 6:12pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tolzeal:

Yes, There are some recommended specifications before a game could work smoothly on your PC.t requires huge date for you to download a Nice. Whats the total size of the game you are trying to download.?

i so much appreciate for taking ur time to reply me back, i want to download FIFA 15 and is 9.3GIG
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2015
omoadeleye:

i so much appreciate for taking ur time to reply me back, i want to download FIFA 15 and is 9.3GIG

On everygame, there will be REQUIREMENTS. Compare the Game requirement with your PC. if they match then you are good to download.
Drop your Pc specs.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2015
MOSCO4ALL:
hello great 9jas, pls my pc can't play vidio what can i do?

You need A required application that will help you with VIDEO format youre trying o see.
VLC
KM PLAYER , are good options.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
shilohboy:
@omega: i've tried it but no difference
For those using zain to surf now, i have a question.
How do your thumbnail images show on your web browser, internet explorer or firefox? Do they appear blurred? Example of a site would be facebook. Do people's pictures there appear ok or distorted?
I have been having that problem since yesterday. All i could think of was that maybe zain are using some form of web accelerator that compresses images to improve faster browsing, hence the speed we are all experiencing.
I'm yet to try my mtn connection to see if thats where the problem is from.
Any comments? Suggestions?

Are you still having issues...?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoadeleye(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Tolzeal:

On everygame, there will be REQUIREMENTS. Compare the Game requirement with your PC. if they match then you are good to download.
Drop your Pc specs.

ok thanks for your time bro
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by akpos4uall(m): 8:55pm On Jan 09, 2015
akpos4uall:

Mother board? My suspicion all along. How much is that going to cost me. Is it worth trying to repair it or better to get a new laptop all together.

zyzxx:
check d cost to each other first.

I don't know much about mother board. About how much is it for a mother board? The laptop make is Hp dv6-1425ei
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Avalani(m): 9:14pm On Jan 09, 2015
I've got a Samsung np300e5c-a07us experiencing screen problems. The display freezes and moves up then down within 3 seconds continually. I suspect it's a screen problem. Am I right? And if I am, how much do you guys reckon it will cost to fix it?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 9:17pm On Jan 09, 2015
akpos4uall:

I don't know much about mother board. About how much is it for a mother board? The laptop make is Hp dv6-1425ei

Replacing motherboard is as good as BUYING a pc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luminous11: 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2015
BUY AND REPAIR YOUR LAPTOPS, PHONES, APPLE, SAMSUNG, DELL HP, ACER, BLACKBERRY, SAMSUNG GALAXY.. AT AFFORDABLE PRICES

FOR YOUR PURCHASE, SALES, INSTALLATION, SUPPLIES OF ALL KIND OF COMPUTER, SOFTWARE/HARDWARE REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE, COMPUTER NETWORKING, LAPTOP SALES, WEB DEVELOPERS, DESIGNERS AND HOSTING, WIRELESS COMMUNICATION SERVICES, COMMUNICATION AND TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES, INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS CONTACT: PETER on 08137520124
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoadeleye(m): 8:12am On Jan 10, 2015
please can anyone help me here, actually am new in computer owning world, actually i was trying to watch video on my laptop, but the app was prompting me to update my video app before can be able to watch any video on my phone, but actually i try downloading an update but the downloading was not progressing at all, can anyone suggest an help issue for me or any other way to be play video on my phone, thanks....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 9:05am On Jan 10, 2015
omoadeleye:
please can anyone help me here, actually am new in computer owning world, actually i was trying to watch video on my laptop, but the app was prompting me to update my video app before can be able to watch any video on my phone, but actually i try downloading an update but the downloading was not progressing at all, can anyone suggest an help issue for me or any other way to be play video on my phone, thanks....

Save your self from much stories bro.
Download VLC player and set as default.

LINK: http://filehippo.com/download_vlc_32/download/f525a67c68f759f1498570b83c1c5d42/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoadeleye(m): 9:20am On Jan 10, 2015
Tolzeal:

Save your self from much stories bro.
Download VLC player and set as default.

LINK: http://filehippo.com/download_vlc_32/download/f525a67c68f759f1498570b83c1c5d42/

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gafmod: 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2015
my system internet explorer has refused to respond each time i try to launch it i get this message "The application was unable to start correctly(0*0000005).click ok to close application.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gafmod: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2015
my system internet explorer has refused to respond each time i try to launch it i get this message "The application was unable to start correctly(0*0000005).click ok to close application". Please,i need your assistance........
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoadeleye(m): 1:58pm On Jan 10, 2015
Tolzeal:

Drop your Pc specs.

Aspire V5-122P
CPU: AMD Dual-Core Processor A4-1250 (1.0GHz)
MEMORY: 4 GB DDR3 L Memory
BATTERY: 3-cell Li-ion battery
STORAGE: 500 GB HDD
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2015
G12:

thanks.

at (step 5), I found this security update - KB958488 instead of KB2859537 listed. I uninstalled the one showing I found on my system anyway(step 6). after restarting my system I didn't find (step 7)

Hmmm. Try the following.

1. Temporarily disable your anti-virus protection and see if the problem persists. If yes, try no. 2.

2. Since system restore didn't work for you, I suggest that you manually undo all recent system changes prior to when you first encountered the problem. Disable windows update services first before uninstalling recently installed updates.

3. As a last resort, re-install Windows.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10, 2015
gafmod:
my system internet explorer has refused to respond each time i try to launch it i get this message "The application was unable to start correctly(0*0000005).click ok to close application". Please,i need your assistance........

Try a different browser.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 8:49pm On Jan 10, 2015
omoadeleye:

Aspire V5-122P
CPU: AMD Dual-Core Processor A4-1250 (1.0GHz)
MEMORY: 4 GB DDR3 L Memory
BATTERY: 3-cell Li-ion battery
STORAGE: 500 GB HDD

That should be 6 right?.
Anyways you can give it a try. It should work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.