Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,290 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (609) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270759 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1STOFHISNAME: 4:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Pls,i need urgent assistance.my screen of my android tab is no longer working &i need d files on phone storage 4 my exam.How do i view d files when connected to a computer without 'turning on usb storage'.unfortunately,my default setting is 'usb mass storage'! PLS HELP!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2015
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux
Please help me out! My PC keeps hanging any time I ON it, sometimes before it BOOTS it will hang and sometimes it hung after Booting or when I am using it and many at times it will Show me a BlueScreen saying your Computer can't Start or Sorry! Harddisk problem blah! blah! blah!
I thought it might be from the HardDisk or something else.... Waiting for your Reply plz.
Thanks for your Usual Perusal Palz
1STOFHISNAME:
Pls,i need urgent assistance.my screen of my android tab is no longer working &i need d files on phone storage 4 my exam.How do i view d files when connected to a computer without 'turning on usb storage'.unfortunately,my default setting is 'usb mass storage'! PLS HELP!
sameolg616:

possible causes:
1..ram memory issues..blowing the ram slot used to work back then but its most likely incompactible ram module..remove the ram modules and fix one by one and restart...or get a working ram and fix..
2...it might be ur motherboard is faulty- press the caps key to toggle on/off..if it doesnt come on then meet ur hardware tech...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
sameolg616:

the attrib command only restores the attributes of ur folders and files temporarily but never removes the causing-virus itself...had a similar case over the weekend and like a joke it took 3hrs to remedy the situation(he is a dj playing live at a lounge)..first,i tried to download the latest kaspersky 2016 antivirus staright to the system(i dint wan infect my hard drive) and the new AV comes wit the complete updates..problem was,i restarted the system then the trojan took over again...
solution that worked(i described it some days ago).i put in my live usb and re-installed win7 (not upgrade,clean install without formating the partition)..it would warn u there exists a current OS..not to worry,continue ur installation..
when its done,all ur old files wld be stored in a folder "windows.old"(dont open them yet..
quickly install a strong antivirus and its corresponding updates...now scan the whole computer or just the folder windows.old..
the shortcomings of ths type of recovery is that u will need to re-install alll ur apps but alll ur files wld be intact..
THE BEST METHOD remains...remove the hard drive,put in an external hdd enclosure and scan from a clean system with a strong antivirus...if u wondering why i dint use this method the..its simple--i started getting some messages that some certain systems files were corrupt...its very possible too that some may be corrupt wen u use this method(some infected files may not be disinfected but qurantined and for mr "avast" it wld delete...so in the end u may still have to reload the os!
THE WORST METHOD wld be to install an antivirus into an already infected system...pple that right malicious codes aint dumb,the make smart viruses that can render the AV useless the moment its being installed...
Why taking that long process if you have a restore point? If you are interested in getting it solved in Windows 7, as the case may be with this one, you can use avg at the Safe Mode to do that or simply disable all non-Microsoft services and install a potential malware-antivirus tool and do the scan.

If the person in question is vast with computer administration and troubleshooting he can solve the problem without doing new installation. The commands work along with malwarebytes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
sameolg616:

windows 10 is still in its testing mode...so expect errors...
i would always advise a clean install in most cases..obviously,your system make is currently experiencing difficulties from any:
1..certain updates not compactible with ur driver and components,applications
2...ur hard drive may have errors ie bad sectors thereby making it difficult to boot
for now,assessing "only" your present complaint and observation,i would leave the rest because any other cause wld appear after booting and give an error..
solution..
bakup your files first...(im sorry i cant type how to again..im tired)
2...specify the previous os before the upgrade(ie win 7 or 8 32bit or 64bit)
3...contact me on 08061679732...i have only win 10 enterprise 64bit...it wld work for a clean install no matter the os u had..
else contact bill gates(lol)
Windows 10 is not longer in testing mode but in final. The truth is that one might come across errors along the line of using it in daily routines.

It is right to make sure he backup all important data to external drive before proceeding with the upgrade. The only way to get it activated for free is to upgrade a genuinely licensed Windows 7 or 8 through 8.1.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oyimzy(m): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
Please I need your help, my Zinox laptop was formatted and windows 7 was installed on it... microsoft office applications Version 2007 which was installed stopped working and it said the software wasn't compatible, I re-installed it and it worked only to stop working the next day... so i installed microsoft office 13 and it worked and stopped the next day... same story for Mozilla,Adobe Pdf. thanks for your in advance
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:24am On Aug 19, 2015
all4naija:
Why taking that long process if you have a restore point? If you are interested in getting it solved in Windows 7, as the case may be with this one, you can use avg at the Safe Mode to do that or simply disable all non-Microsoft services and install a potential malware-antivirus tool and do the scan.

If the person in question is vast with computer administration and troubleshooting he can solve the problem without doing new installation. The commands work along with malwarebytes.
Do u wan bet restore mode can be ineffective Atimes?besides i can't recall it being mentioned in the post.its allowed u corrected urself saying using attrib with malware byte.i really don't wan debate this issue longer than necessary but the complexity of the problem in view dictates which method to use..alongside ur experience.the new variant is A stubborn Trojan dropper(fraudrop) and it's more potent than u think..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:33am On Aug 19, 2015
all4naija:
Windows 10 is not longer in testing mode but in final. The truth is that one might come across errors along the line of using it in daily routines.

It is right to make sure he backup all important data to external drive before proceeding with the upgrade. The only way to get it activated for free is to upgrade a genuinely licensed Windows 7 or 8 through 8.1.
I expected some1 like u to know better wen I say "it's still in testing mode"..just cuz they say final doesn't mean they stopped testing it-it means its stable enough for u consumers..and the compNy now awaits pples observations,complaints and suggestions which wld aid they in preparing updates and in turn a service pack..I suggest u start reading the information contained in the updates u install so u know beta.."on the road of quality,there is no end or final "
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sinaj(f): 6:24am On Aug 19, 2015
please my space key is no longer working on my windows 8.1 dell laptop av checked d sticky key too but its not turned on...

wot will I do cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:32am On Aug 19, 2015
sinaj:
please my space key is no longer working on my windows 8.1 dell laptop av checked d sticky key too but its not turned on...

wot will I do cry

If u sure its not working , it needs to be replaced
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2015
sinaj:

wot will I do cry
though it my b faulty, try blowing it in case some particles are stuck underneath. keyboard no cost sha
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:41am On Aug 19, 2015
Oyimzy:
Please I need your help, my Zinox laptop was formatted and windows 7 was installed on it... microsoft office applications Version 2007 which was installed stopped working and it said the software wasn't compatible, I re-installed it and it worked only to stop working the next day... so i installed microsoft office 13 and it worked and stopped the next day... same story for Mozilla,Adobe Pdf. thanks for your in advance

Try installing it again! Do a clean installation instead
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by justi4jesu(f): 6:43am On Aug 19, 2015
sinaj:

wot will I do cry

The keyboard is weak, replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 19, 2015
sinaj:

wot will I do cry
let's know if u ve been using windows 8.1 b4 or you just upgraded becoz in some cases, the keyboard might still be in a perfect condition but the windows might not be suitable for the laptop model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luckygurl(f): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2015
I'm having issues browsing with my laptop, pop up adverts keep showing and also new tabs open without my consent. This happens on google chrome.
Also mozilla firefox tells me to check my proxy settings as my proxy server is refusing connections.

Please how do I resolve these??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2015
Luckygurl:
I'm having issues browsing with my laptop, pop up adverts keep showing and also new tabs open without my consent. This happens on google chrome.
Also mozilla firefox tells me to check my proxy settings as my proxy server is refusing connections.

pls always make it important to always version of operating system in full like windows 7 ultimate,premium 32bit or 64bit so we can knowhow to assess the problem accurately(different os versions have their limits)
its hard to access the problem from here but ur proxy issue may be from multiple connections or from the use of an earlier proxy setting or software(hotspot shield or those software u pple use for free browsing)..in mozilla,goto tools--->options,advanced--->network then settings and choose "no proxy"
as for ur multiple tabs opening,i suggest u uninstall and re-install it (if it were mozilla,u can refresh the settings to default)
or
simply
try this just before anything else(in case ur system has been hit by an adware)as a temp measure..create a new profile:
1..goto control panel
then users or user account
2..create a new user wit adminstrator rights
3..log off the current account and login to the new one and observe if the problem persists...
until then can i make further suggestions
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2015
Luckygurl:

for chrome,u'll c four lines stacked on the right side of the address bar so click it,click settings,extensions,get more extensions den check for adblock plus and click it..it will shw u add to chrome so click the link and allow it install after which u close chrome and reopen it..u should now see a red logo with abp written in it.with this,goodbye to popups.
Note:u nid internet connection for this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbengem(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Pls I got a mini laptop 110-3500 series windows 7 32bits d bluetooth Ȋ̝̊̅§ working fine but the wifi adapter driver is missing it only shows d LAN icon while d option for connect to a wireless network was not there and I tried downloading wifi adapter driver but they all failed it shows error 31 on the device manger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adexcoco(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2015
SKY-D PLS I ADVICE; AM STARTING A CAFE BUSINESS ND I NEED TO GET LIKE 2 LAPTOPS 2 HARD TO D ONES I AV WITH 40K AT MY DISPOSAL. CAN I ACHIEVE GETTING A GOOD SYSTEM WITH DAT AMOUNT
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
adexcoco:
SKY-D PLS I ADVICE; AM STARTING A CAFE BUSINESS ND I NEED TO GET LIKE 2 LAPTOPS 2 HARD TO D ONES I AV WITH 40K AT MY DISPOSAL. CAN I ACHIEVE GETTING A GOOD SYSTEM WITH DAT AMOUNT
im sorry,i tink using a desktop is better wit a cool 19" widescreen led monitor...there is this dell model i now use for my clients for pos softwares..
its a dell optiplex gx620 usff...its cute,effective and portable and u can find it in core duo..its affordable

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gbengem:
Pls I got a mini laptop 110-3500 series windows 7 32bits d bluetooth Ȋ̝̊̅§ working fine but the wifi adapter driver is missing it only shows d LAN icon while d option for connect to a wireless network was not there and I tried downloading wifi adapter driver but they all failed it shows error 31 on the device manger
oga,state the model of the mini laptop...if ur sure its not a device driver problem...them u havent turned on the wifi hardware using a combination of keys...check on ur laptop keyboard or look for a wifi switch on the body of the laptop....(keystrokes may differ according to different makes and models)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
sameolg616:

I expected some1 like u to know better wen I say "it's still in testing mode"..just cuz they say final doesn't mean they stopped testing it-it means its stable enough for u consumers..and the compNy now awaits pples observations,complaints and suggestions which wld aid they in preparing updates and in turn a service pack..I suggest u start reading the information contained in the updates u install so u know beta.."on the road of quality,there is no end or final "
It is no longer in testing mode, sir. Windows 10 is a final OS release to the public more or less a service that is one of the reasons for updates as usual. That is a complete fact. It is only the Windows Insiders who are doing the test at the moment and for Insider Previews. The build 10525 came out yesterday and I am testing it as well. In general Windows 10 is not in testing mode.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
sameolg616:

Do u wan bet restore mode can be ineffective Atimes?besides i can't recall it being mentioned in the post.its allowed u corrected urself saying using attrib with malware byte.i really don't wan debate this issue longer than necessary but the complexity of the problem in view dictates which method to use..alongside ur experience.the new variant is A stubborn Trojan dropper(fraudrop) and it's more potent than u think..
Dude, I don't think you are conversant with LNK and shortcut errors. The fact that you are begging the question means you are one stubborn person who thinks he knows about it more than the others whereas you know nothing. Please, stop making it look like the idea is reserve for one particular solution. I didn't read where another individual talks about system restore and there is nothing wrong is point it out in my post.

All avenues must be tried before taking the last resort of doing clean install. There is even a registry delete and flags-creating method which I didn't mention and it works effectively at times.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gbengem(m): 5:12pm On Aug 19, 2015
sameolg616:

oga,state the model of the mini laptop...if ur sure its not a device driver problem...them u havent turned on the wifi hardware using a combination of keys...check on ur laptop keyboard or look for a wifi switch on the body of the laptop....(keystrokes may differ according to different makes and models)
it's a hp mini 110-3604ei laptop and it doesn't require any key combination to switch on d wifi cos a key with a bluetooth/wifitower controls both d bluetooth A̶̲̥̅̊₪d d wifi adapter A̶̲̥̅̊₪d ones I press d key d bluetooth goes on but d wifi option is totally missing but I noticed a driver named "Network Controller" refuses to work it has a yellow exclamation showing on it on d device manager
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
all4naija:

Dude, I don't think you are conversant with LNK and shortcut errors. The fact that you are begging the question means you are one stubborn person who thinks he knows about it more than the others whereas you know nothing. Please, stop making it look like the idea is reserve for one particular solution. I didn't read where another individual talks about system restore and there is nothing wrong is point it out in my post.

All avenues must be tried before taking the last resort of doing clean install. There is even a registry delete and flags-creating method which I didn't mention and it works effectively at times.
is someone intimidated?nawa o...i tink i wld be foolish to stoop low to ur level and be debating wit u....av not been on this forum for a very long time and i tink my image/integrity precedes me..im here to help the people like sly(u just read my posts2days ago and i attended to his prob instantly-let him testify)..ITS NOT BRAGGING CUZ I CAN ALWAYS BACK IT UP..
on a last note,u can decode this statement "the complexity of the problem in view dictates which method to use..alongside ur experience[i][/i]"
i dont pretend to be a man of the people but a man for the pple

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 6:48pm On Aug 19, 2015
Gbengem:
it's a hp mini 110-3604ei laptop and it doesn't require any key combination to switch on d wifi cos a key with a bluetooth/wifitower controls both d bluetooth A̶̲̥̅̊₪d d wifi adapter A̶̲̥̅̊₪d ones I press d key d bluetooth goes on but d wifi option is totally missing but I noticed a driver named "Network Controller" refuses to work it has a yellow exclamation showing on it on d device manager
u need to run all the drivers including that network controller cuz that where the wifi drivers are....thats the main reason it aint working...
i just looked it up on hp site,if ur os is WIN 7,here is the link http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Mini-110-3600-PC-series/5046265/model/5059496#Z7_3054ICK0KGTE30AQO5O3KA30R1
u need to download all the drivers(all of it)to know which would work...i think the 1st 2 shd solve your prob(atheros 2011 and brodcom)..
i normally use drp 15 to automatically install drivers if u have it...
wat do u tink "all4naija" ,could u give us ur "all avenues" or "registry delete and flags-creating method" formular?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oyimzy(m): 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
adetwin:

Try installing it again! Do a clean installation instead

Ok, I'll do dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 11:49pm On Aug 19, 2015
sameolg616:

is someone intimidated?nawa o...i tink i wld be foolish to stoop low to ur level and be debating wit u....av not been on this forum for a very long time and i tink my image/integrity precedes me..im here to help the people like sly(u just read my posts2days ago and i attended to his prob instantly-let him testify)..ITS NOT BRAGGING CUZ I CAN ALWAYS BACK IT UP..
on a last note,u can decode this statement "the complexity of the problem in view dictates which method to use..alongside ur experience[i][/i]"
i dont pretend to be a man of the people but a man for the pple

i thought it was a computer section and not a testosterone fight..hian! Have you both considered if your opinion is correct but it depends on which point you are looking at it from and which version? Take it easy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2015
adexcoco:

yes, you can get laptops for that amount but if you make it N50K, I will provide you with HP 6735b with 120GB hard disk and 2GB RAM.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roselynbas(f): 11:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=Gbengem post=37125732] it's a hp mini 110-3604ei laptop and it doesn't require any key combination to switch on d wifi cos a key with a bluetooth/wifitower controls both d bluetooth A̶̲̥̅̊₪d d wifi adapter A̶̲̥̅̊₪d ones I press d key d bluetooth goes on but d wifi option is totally missing but I noticed a driver named "Network Controller" refuses to work it has a yellow exclamation showing on it on d device manager[/quote

the wifi card may have been disconnected too. Just give it to the TEchnician to check and put it back properly. Then, install the driver, it should work properly. Hope this helps!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by osca123(m): 12:31am On Aug 20, 2015
please tech gurus here i need directions on how to configure my hp laptop's wifi hotspot to connect and browse with my techno s9.

i mistakingly tempered with the configuration, since then it just connects but does not browse.

pls help....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luckygurl(f): 7:36am On Aug 20, 2015
sameolg616:

pls always make it important to always version of operating system in full like windows 7 ultimate,premium 32bit or 64bit so we can knowhow to assess the problem accurately(different os versions have their limits)
its hard to access the problem from here but ur proxy issue may be from multiple connections or from the use of an earlier proxy setting or software(hotspot shield or those software u pple use for free browsing)..in mozilla,goto tools--->options,advanced--->network then settings and choose "no proxy"
as for ur multiple tabs opening,i suggest u uninstall and re-install it (if it were mozilla,u can refresh the settings to default)
or
simply
try this just before anything else(in case ur system has been hit by an adware)as a temp measure..create a new profile:
1..goto control panel
then users or user account
2..create a new user wit adminstrator rights
3..log off the current account and login to the new one and observe if the problem persists...
until then can i make further suggestions

Ok!! Sorry about that, I'm on windows 8.1

I chose the no proxy on mozilla and I can now browse with it.

About the creation of a new profile, I tried it but didn't see any create a new user with administrator rights options, How do I do it??
Thanks for the response smiley smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Luckygurl(f): 7:38am On Aug 20, 2015
bugzygee:
for chrome,u'll c four lines stacked on the right side of the address bar so click it,click settings,extensions,get more extensions den check for adblock plus and click it..it will shw u add to chrome so click the link and allow it install after which u close chrome and reopen it..u should now see a red logo with abp written in it.with this,goodbye to popups.
Note:u nid internet connection for this

Noted, thanks!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.