Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1269598 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by odicity: 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2015
please my system was hard to shut down for some hrs but i force it off, latter i tried to restart it keeps showing preparing to automatic repair latter diagnosing PC and an option screen with shutdown and see advance settings options. how can i fix this without losing any applications or files
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammygoody(m): 3:09pm On Oct 21, 2015
vickifeanyi47:
speaker may have some slight opening.u also need to change ur DVD drive or get an external one
Sorry to barge in, but how can I connect an external DVD drive?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajiaj(m): 4:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
sameolg616:

You ar simply an Oga at the top...Realised this wen I started following d thread recently... u n oda guys here show that sm1 like me still has a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long way to go. I'll pm u on whatsapp(Is that ok wit u?)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2015
Akell:
Akell:
Sameolg616 and other anointed gurus,

my keyboard sudden changed. I noticed that since yesterday, whenever I hit on the '@' key, it gives me {"}. And whenever i hit on {"}, it gives me "@", this wasnt the issue untill yesterday, please what ca i do to revert this? Thanks.

Windows 10 pro. I've been on this OS for a month now. 64 bit
Since using win 10, go to control panel, region, then under format,location and administrative, change to United States
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kwinsliy(m): 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2015
all4naija:

The charger is the major problem. The system is possibly not earthed when you plug in the charger. Try this if you can see any difference.

1) Put the laptop on your laps and plug in the charger.

2) Plug in your USB control pad and try to see if there is any changes.

3) Try a new charger that is recommended for your system make.

If you are still having the same problem it is time to see your tech to check for any wrong contact(power jack, power integrated circuit,etc) and fix them.
putting it on the laps helps. Thanks alot. I gues i wld hv 2 manage dt method til i replace d charger

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AustinX(m): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2015
hello, please i need help, i cant find my webcam after updating my system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Vyntra(m): 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2015
please who know about hard disk reallocated sectors problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinNO(m): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Sorry man,
its a desktop system, 1gb Ram, intel processor. D problem is dat i find it diffult in openin work saved under My Document of my system n such wrk are dame important. Pls wat do u suggest i do plss

litaninja:
Chairman, you're posting multiple issues, with little to no information for people to help you out with.
What type of computer do you have? Make and model would be nice. Configuration? RAM? Hard disk? Are you getting errors? What are the errors? e.t.c.
With this info, it would be easier to help you out....

Cheers.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2015
Please ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my net frame stopped working..... I downloaded it nd after installing it showed data is invalid... What to do pls?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 11:22pm On Oct 21, 2015
No yawa bruv.
Do you get any error messages when you try to open the docs? Is it all docs or specific formats? E.g. all word documents might not be opening...and PDFs would open.
Are the document icons changed from what they used to be? Let's hope you've not picked up a crypto-locker variant.

Cheers.

martinNO:
Sorry man,
its a desktop system, 1gb Ram, intel processor. D problem is dat i find it diffult in openin work saved under My Document of my system n such wrk are dame important. Pls wat do u suggest i do plss

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:51am On Oct 22, 2015
igben:
computer audio no sound coming out try trouble shooting and still same pls help.........
Ur sound driver is not installed or compactible.dont be fooled when u do a clean install and windows 7makes it look like all the drivers have been installed..
Get the laptop model and hit the manufacturers website to download the compactible driver or use a driver cd.
Always learn to post the model of ur laptop or do screenshot of the device driver page so pple here can help post the link or assess the problem better
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:25am On Oct 22, 2015
Akell:
Sameolg616 and other anointed gurus,

my keyboard sudden changed. I noticed that since yesterday, whenever I hit on the '@' key, it gives me {"}. And whenever i hit on {"}, it gives me "@", this wasnt the issue untill yesterday, please what ca i do to revert this? Thanks.
i discussed this issue last week.in fact,it was the reason i was banned for posting a link..
the problem you are having is called "keyboard remap"..it may be caused by a few factors.u may not remember clicking onto a link from a website that would actually deploy a simple script into ur registry..
its an old trick i used to try on friends....
bugzygee already sent u a reply...but i would send u the main program used to remap your keyboard(not to worry,its not a virus)...there are plenty of them.even microsoft have their own version.what hackers use is a script or registry file that contains only certain keys to reprogram-im not sending u that either.
just for ur learning delight u can use the program to re-program any key on ur keyboard..have fun till u program ur enter key to press "SPOIL" grin grin grin

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:33am On Oct 22, 2015
sameolg616:

i discussed this issue last week.in fact,it was the reason i was banned for posting a link..
the problem you are having is called "keyboard remap"..it may be caused by a few factors.u may not remember clicking onto a link from a website that would actually deploy a simple script into ur registry..
its an old trick i used to try on friends....
bugzygee already sent u a reply...but i would send u the main program used to remap your keyboard(not to worry,its not a virus)...there are plenty of them.even microsoft have their own version.what hackers use is a script or registry file that contains only certain keys to reprogram-im not sending u that either.
just for ur learning delight u can use the program to re-program any key on ur keyboard..have fun till u program ur enter key to press "SPOIL" grin grin grin

Good one bro.
but next timw to avoid been sanctioned .

Just quote whatever your message might be.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:35am On Oct 22, 2015
sameolg616:

Ur sound driver is not installed or compactible.dont be fooled when u do a clean install and windows 7makes it look like all the drivers have been installed..
Get the laptop model and hit the manufacturers website to download the compactible driver or use a driver cd.
Always learn to post the model of ur laptop or do screenshot of the device driver page so pple here can help post the link or assess the problem better

Nice!!!
I'm liking your job here Boss.

Kudos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:36am On Oct 22, 2015
AustinX:
hello, please i need help, i cant find my webcam after updating my system

still cant find it ?
Try see control panel for installed programmes.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tolzeal(m): 1:46am On Oct 22, 2015
landinfo:
I need help!!!!!!!!!

I have tried to "crack" the PES 2015 I bought, but no show....I have winrar it & extract but it has refused to play.

When I click on "crack" to play, it tells me that "sdkencryptedappticket.dll" is missing although I have downloaded the the stuff & set-up & run it, still it tells me "sdkencrytpedappticket.dll" is missing.

I use a Toshiba dual core that has 500GB storage...gurus, abeg wetyn be the problem or can I meet any of u guys personally to see issue

You hve one??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:53am On Oct 22, 2015
Crespodinho:
Please ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my net frame stopped working..... I downloaded it nd after installing it showed data is invalid... What to do pls?
thi is one good reason i always prefer a clean install...u can simply error trap...
im not sure u can use the dism command line even if i tried to explain it..
(in a powershell.type Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:Path to\sxs /LimitAccess)
as for the downloaded dotnet,the may already be corrupt...
use reliable sites like filehippo(dot)com
download dotnet 4.5 instead..in windows 10,something is strange in how some older programs call-up the dotnet3.5 and it would start installing..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:55am On Oct 22, 2015
Crespodinho:
this is one good reason i always prefer a clean install...u can simply error trap...
(in a powershell.type Dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:Path to\sxs /LimitAccess)
download dotnet 4.5 instead..in windows 10,something is strange in how some older programs call-up the dotnet3.5 and it would start installing..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 22, 2015
VITALYSTA:

please what do mean by "your browser was finishing downloaods before completing them"?
it kept claiming the download had finished even when only half of the file was downloaded.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2015
odicity:
please my system was hard to shut down for some hrs but i force it off, latter i tried to restart it keeps showing preparing to automatic repair latter diagnosing PC and an option screen with shutdown and see advance settings options. how can i fix this without losing any applications or files
Wen next u get to the advanced settings,click on it and find restore this opening a new window "restore to an earlier date".look for a restore point date earlier to the time u started having this problem ie if u started experiencing the problem on Thursday,restore to Tuesday to be on the safe side..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2015
WARNING!pls use the software "key mapper" only for educational and reconstructive purposes only.we are all adults here so there is no need telling u "pls don't try this at home".just don't go to people's systems and start freaking them out.
Also,don't remap ur enter key,when ur system reboots and u av a password,u may not be able to press enter to login..if u do,just remember,only JESUS SAVES!(lol)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gorgeousnogo(f): 9:21am On Oct 22, 2015
martinNO:

can u send me a copy pls
.. of ? The idm?.. if its the idm, please quote the owner ooo.... i think he is in a better position to share his softwares..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skillz4u(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2015
Good Day
My system HP 625 keeps giving me problem when ever I shut it down and try to ON it, when I press the ON button it fail to ON it will only show light on the ON button and the screen will be black without showing anything, and the Fan will be rotating, at times when I remove the Ba3 for some minutes and insert it back and ON again it will show but this morning its still showing black screen when I ON it. Just BLACK SCREEN no HP sign showing b4 the Black screen only black screen. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noblebright(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2015
vickifeanyi47:
speaker may have some slight opening.u also need to change ur DVD drive or get an external one
Thanks alot, pls how much is external drive n did i need to change my speaker or is there any other remedy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2015
From experience, that sounds like either a bad motherboard or faulty Graphics display chipset. But not to jump to conclusion, do you have an external monitor? Try plugging the laptop to the external monitor and see if it gives you any output when you tun it on. If it doesn't, you may need to consult a hardware tech.

Cheers.

Skillz4u:
Good Day
My system HP 625 keeps giving me problem when ever I shut it down and try to ON it, when I press the ON button it fail to ON it will only show light on the ON button and the screen will be black without showing anything, and the Fan will be rotating, at times when I remove the Ba3 for some minutes and insert it back and ON again it will show but this morning its still showing black screen when I ON it. Just BLACK SCREEN no HP sign showing b4 the Black screen only black screen. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Skillz4u(m): 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
litaninja:
From experience, that sounds like either a bad motherboard or faulty Graphics display chipset. But not to
jump to conclusion, do you have an external monitor? Try plugging the laptop to the external monitor and see if it gives you any output when you tun it on. If it doesn't, you may need to consult a hardware tech.

Cheers.
Thanks I'll try

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Topshow2010(m): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2015
Please distinguished nairalanders ,kindly advise on how to go about my HP laptop that is so corrupted wit virus.I was told by a friend to buy kapersky antivirus to remove d virus but am afraid it might affect my vital documents.
Kindly tell me what to do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jazzygrafix(m): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
Pls i have an HP Envy 16 with intel core i5, 12gb ram.

The shared video memory is 1792, but system/dedicated video ram is Zero. And asuch i cannot do my gamings. Please i need help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Crespodinho(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2015
sameolg616:

thi is one good reason i always prefer a clean install...u can simply error trap...
I dint get it.. It said it dosnt understand d sxs path
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doofanc: 8:49pm On Oct 22, 2015
gurus in d house. pls I have an issue DAT desperately needs rectification.

I have a window 7, but have not been able to connect to internet. troubleshooting gives "invalid IP." I've done all d DNS flushing/resetting/renewing to no avail. I tried using an external adaptor (dlink) still not working. I've deleted and reinstalled d drivers, still nothing

I'm extremely hesitant to format it because I'm not sure it will help. someone also suggested d network card because it fell at a time.

pleeeeesae hellp!!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doofanc: 8:52pm On Oct 22, 2015
alternatively any engineer based in Abuja I wouldn't mind meeting to rectify it. would gladly pay for d service. please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.