Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (648) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270730 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good day house! Don't really know what is wrong with my system. But I am sure it's infected with a virus. Once I click the start button nothing shows instead all what that shows is strokes like this:////////////////////////. Please what anti virus software can u recommend? And please where on net can I get it to download if possible. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by orobosa26(m): 10:27pm On Nov 06, 2015
sameolg616:

The quickest way inexperienced pros wld tell u is to FORMAT which wld work...
The technical solution is:
-go to ur device manager
-uninstall all ur usb drivers and let it re-install them again..
That's like 5mins as compared to 30-45mins

tanks boss for ur response but pls how do I reinstall D usb drivers or will it install automatically...tanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:01am On Nov 07, 2015
orobosa26:

tanks boss for ur response but pls how do I reinstall D usb drivers or will it install automatically...tanks
the drivers are already embedded in ur operating system,so it would search and install itself..just follow these steps:
while in device manager
1..un-install all the universal serial bus controller(see image below)
2..wen done,find the icon above "scan for new hardware"(see install image below as well)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:06am On Nov 07, 2015
noob03saibot:
Good day house! Don't really know what is wrong with my system. But I am sure it's infected with a virus. Once I click the start button nothing shows instead all what that shows is strokes like this:////////////////////////. Please what anti virus software can u recommend? And please where on net can I get it to download if possible. Thank you.
im a kaspersky superfan cuz its the best in the world.....try kaspersky antivirus (kav 2016).....
make sure its a licensed one and not a trial version...or a free impotent av
when u now combine it with malwarebytes antimalware+malwarebyte exploit...it wld feel like having usa+china+russia guarding ur SYRIA...

2 Likes

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 4:12am On Nov 07, 2015
sameolg616:

im a kaspersky superfan cuz its the best in the world.....try kaspersky antivirus (kav 2016).....
make sure its a licensed one and not a trial version...or a free impotent av
when u now combine it with malwarebytes antimalware+malwarebyte exploit...it wld feel like having usa+china+russia guarding ur SYRIA...
Please sir, how much can I get it for? And is it available on the Internet? If yes, please which website? I am referring to kaspersky anti virus sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 5:40am On Nov 07, 2015
noob03saibot:
my dear go and service or replace your keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 6:35am On Nov 07, 2015
please my USB flash drive is writing "write protected"while I'm trying to format it. any help here?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by victorlexa(m): 8:41am On Nov 07, 2015
pls i've been having display issues with my dell inspiron 3520.. the screen keeps malfunctioning and I av to hit d back of d screen most of d time to get it working again. a laptop repairer said it's screen prblm nd I av to change d screen while anoda said it's the flex cable dats faulty nd I av to change the flex
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crixtech: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2015
VITALYSTA:
please guys, flash drive won't format. it's writing "write protected". pliz how do I format it?
if its an inferior flashdrive, there is little or nothing you can do about it. Just get a new one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by orobosa26(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2015
sameolg616:

the drivers are already embedded in ur operating system,so it would search and install itself..just follow these steps:
while in device manager
1..un-install all the universal serial bus controller(see image below)
2..wen done,find the icon above "scan for new hardware"(see install image below as well)

Boss I followed the step but it's still not working any other solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crixtech: 9:01am On Nov 07, 2015
victorlexa:
pls i've been having display issues with my dell inspiron 3520.. the screen keeps malfunctioning and I av to hit d back of d screen most of d time to get it working again. a laptop repairer said it's screen prblm nd I av to change d screen while anoda said it's the flex cable dats faulty nd I av to change the flex
Since it works when you hit the back, its likely a loose connection or malfunction of the flex cable, just take it to a qualified technician for repairs
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by VITALYSTA(m): 12:50pm On Nov 07, 2015
crixtech:
if its an inferior flashdrive, there is little or nothing you can do about it. Just get a new one
otokolo!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2015
orobosa26:
hello gurus in the house pls my USB twin port at D left side of hp laptop is not working..pls in need ur help urgently
Is it only two usb in your laptop, and if there are others, are they working?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hey guys, i'm on Windows 10 and my PC has been working fine till this(pic) started 2 days ago.

Anyone with an idea of solving this??

NB: I know its not an harddrive issue cos i've checked and double checked.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by orobosa26(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2015
chuksmad:
Is it only two usb in your laptop, and if there are others, are they working?
d remaining one Is working well
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Horpsy17(m): 3:28am On Nov 08, 2015
hi guys. please where can I buy Intel Wi-Fi 5300 series wlan card. please reply ASAP thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olayiwolar1(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2015
Pleas guys I have an 8 months old Dell Inspiron 15 3541 Laptop bought online from Konga. I was working on it yesterday and it was working perfectly until it turned off itself and whenever I tried to power it on the white led light fades off itself and after some seconds it will start beeping continuously (not 4 not 7 beeps) with intervals
and by luck sometime it boots and after it gets to windows welcome page, it turns off again and start the beeping again with no dell icon nothing but just black screen, Please help this is my first experience with Dell. Anyone laptop engineer in the house willing to help can contact me on my line - 08165969446. Thanks in advance.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by crixtech: 10:04am On Nov 08, 2015
olayiwolar1:
Pleas guys I have an 8 months old Dell Inspiron 15 3541 Laptop bought online from Konga. I was working on it yesterday and it was working perfectly until it turned off itself and whenever I tried to power it on the white led light fades off itself and after some seconds it will start beeping continuously (not 4 not 7 beeps) with intervals
and by luck sometime it boots and after it gets to windows welcome page, it turns off again and start the beeping again with no dell icon nothing but just black screen, Please help this is my first experience with Dell. Anyone laptop engineer in the house willing to help can contact me on my line - 08165969446. Thanks in advance.
its a hardware issue, one of the components can be the cause, jst take it to a qualified technician for repairs...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Akell(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2015
Hello Gurus here, please I want to know if there is a security risk attached to using Torrent. A friend downloaded it o my laptop yesterday and I must confess, I have been enjoying it, but something tells me it has a security risk, is this true?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinNO(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2015
Hello guyz pls my mouse pointer has been movin on itself. Any tangible solution pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by martinNO(m): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2015
skydancer:

Send me your email, and I can send you a special software you can use to take care of this
pls also send 2 me mart2obyno@yahoo.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nad95: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
Pls house How do I copy files from CD to my pc windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
Right-click on cd drive -> copy ->Go to the destination Folder -> Paste.

Now lemme send you my BVN, I bill you, 50K.
grin grin grin

Nad95:
Pls house How do I copy files from CD to my pc windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olayiwolar1(m): 10:31pm On Nov 08, 2015
crixtech:
its a hardware issue, one of the components can be the cause, jst take it to a qualified technician for repairs...
. Thanks for getting back to me, the laptop is yet to work. Do you have a qualified technician you can refer me to. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Godsfirstson: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
SHOPPING IN USA MADE EASY:

Buy your favourites from United States

Get Free US shopping address.

Save up to 80% on your shipping by consolidating your numerous shopping items in one package.

Choose your preferred shipping courier i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, Royal Mail, Parcel Force, TNT and our Local Courier company.

Reduce the size of your parcel by removing unwanted packing materials to save money on shipping cost.

Buy not only from Amazon USA but including Ebay USA.
Know your shipping cost before you buy from USA
Call +14697069275 or +19792128365
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2015
I am using a Compaq Presario CQ57, some time ago my laptop fell. Though it worked for a few minute, but I notice it was hanging, so l close all the opened programs, shut down and restart after about 10 minutes, but the system will not boot. Instead it went in a never ending system repair mood. I took it to a repairer later that same day because I had to continue work on my school project. I don’t know what he did, but he opened the system, tried some things, which did not work and he finally had to install a new windows. Right now, the system comes on with the new windows, I can’t load the old windows, I can’t access all my installed programs and software and each time I go to the old drive I was using before the fall, the sys drags and becomes slow and finally hangs-depending on how deep I go within the drive. I will like go what can be or should be done about it. And if its possible for me to do it myself because where I am for the moment I can’t get a pc engineer around.
SYSTEM PROPERTIES
(1) RAM 4G (2) Processor 2.2ghz (2) Hard disk drive: 449g and 16.5g

thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chuksmad(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
orobosa26:

d remaining one Is working well
I suspect strongly that the USB ports are faulty, which is a hardware problem. But to be 100% sure, u can reformat your computer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by psalmdave(m): 1:39pm On Nov 09, 2015
AlphaT:

hello bro, you might be experiencing a problem with the motherboard of the PC. a motherboard is the circuit board of the computer in which the other components of the PC are arranged. its kinda expensive to repair. since your PC is just a few months old. you can always return it back to where you bought it from if it came with a warranty.
how much can the mother board cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chris1972: 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2015

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 09, 2015
AdeLaNa1:
Hey guys, i'm on Windows 10 and my PC has been working fine till this(pic) started 2 days ago.

Anyone with an idea of solving this??

NB: I know its not an harddrive issue cos i've checked and double checked.
What did you connect to your system before you start experiencing this issue?

1) Restart your system.

2) At the desktop press Windows Key + R to open 'Run'.

3) Type or copy and paste msconfig into 'Run' and click on 'OK' to continue.

4) Click on 'Services' tab, select the little box close to 'hide all Microsoft services'. Click on 'Disable all' and click on 'Apply'.

5) Click on 'Ok' and next click on 'Restart' to reboot your system.

Come back here with your findings for more information on what to do next if that didn't help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Tycoflu(m): 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tycoflu:
My Asus hardly charge except when I press the tip of the charger firmly into the port but it stops charging if I release my hand. The plastic part of the tip of the charger is melting gradually and the metal part very hot after some hours of charging. Yesterday, I tried charging but its not working even after pressing it firmly to the port. My friend is saying its the mother board that spoilt. Please I need your urgent solution and a reliable technician in uyo that can assist

I just returned from the repair shop now but problem now is this;
the laptop red charging light shows and green power on light comes on only when the charger is plugged. Yet the screen is not showing anything.
I even removed the battery and plugged the charger b4 powering it on. the green lights are showing but the screen is blank. Anyone with a solution.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 09, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.