Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,176 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271697 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etinoxa: 5:30pm On May 06, 2016
tall2ce:
My laptop HP pavilion sleekbook 14 performance is very slow takes close to 3mins to boot apps and it also hangs,also get hot temperature and anytime i do a PC refresh it comes back to normal and after some days after which I install office package 2013 and FIFA 14 it starts some few days after to misbehave and it does not turn off display most times, am sure it's not virus cos my windows defender is updated and it saw nothing. Help a nairalander
Thanks.

CLUE: "hot temperature" and this is how you treat it. Let the system cool down normally then power it up. Open task manager, click on processes then click on top of the column that has CPU twice. this will sort the program with the highest CPU usage first. Try terminating the program by right-clicking and select "end program". Then wait to see if the CPU still heats up.

Some apps I have encountered like the stubborn "NTVDM" are responsible for this sluggishness of the PC. And here is how it works.
- the app starts and triggers the PC to allocate as much CPU as it can to it. This in turn makes the CPU attain it's processing threshold and within a short while, it starts heating. In some cases you hear the fan whirling at full speed but this is sometimes not enough to cool the PC down. Then the PC start slowing down.

Another reason is when the cooling fan area is clogged with dust. So the fan can no longer blow out the heat and this accumulate in large amount hence, causing the processor to heat up and slow processing.

FIX: Get a technician to carefully clean the unit and blow out dust.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tall2ce(m): 7:09pm On May 06, 2016
etinoxa:

CLUE: "hot temperature" and this is how you treat it. Let the system cool down normally then power it up. Open task manager, click on processes then click on top of the column that has CPU twice. this will sort the program with the highest CPU usage first. Try terminating the program by right-clicking and select "end program". Then wait to see if the CPU still heats up.

Some apps I have encountered like the stubborn "NTVDM" are responsible for this sluggishness of the PC. And here is how it works.
- the app starts and triggers the PC to allocate as much CPU as it can to it. This in turn makes the CPU attain it's processing threshold and within a short while, it starts heating. In some cases you hear the fan whirling at full speed but this is sometimes not enough to cool the PC down. Then the PC start slowing down.

Another reason is when the cooling fan area is clogged with dust. So the fan can no longer blow out the heat and this accumulate in large amount hence, causing the processor to heat up and slow processing.

FIX: Get a technician to carefully clean the unit and blow out dust.
baba so so grateful.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 06, 2016
Hi bros.... i mistakenly did a wrong selection at the bios menu and now my laptop can't boot beyond the bios menu. at the bottom left, it shows: F2 for setup, F4 to restore. THe keyboard is not responsive. I tired using another external keyboard, still no difference. I tired F10, esc. del etc, yet no solution. Please can you help? its a samsung laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by baddest095: 10:35pm On May 06, 2016
guys pls help..my PC crashes anyhow..even when am not playing game...immediately I on it..its CPU usage is 80%..even when av done nothing with it..pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Eze2000(m): 12:54am On May 07, 2016
hello guys
pls I need your help.
I just discovered this minute that my PC's PDF reader has crashed. I tried to open a PDF file and the screen displays 'The apps refused to start'
I use an HP G7 and the system is windows 8.1
I just used it 2 weeks ago and the only major thing I did since then was download this Indonesian anti virus called smatev.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 9:36am On May 07, 2016
Morning fellas!
My pc USB port can't acess my external hard drive, but its always indicating connecting light frm my external harddrive, but my system cannot access it, is always complaining of low power and also my uSb ports can't transfer media and files from my system to my phone(s) vice versa
....Pls help me out!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by etinoxa: 3:31pm On May 07, 2016
baddest095:
guys pls help..my PC crashes anyhow..even when am not playing game...immediately I on it..its CPU usage is 80%..even when av done nothing with it..pls help

Use the task manager to check the app consuming your CPU. Open the task manager, click on processes and double click the Top of the CPU column twice. The processes will then be filtered with the highest at the top. You can right click and select "end process" or you can select properties to get more info about the process.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 7:40pm On May 07, 2016
My pc USB port can't acess my external hard drive, but its always indicating connecting light frm my external harddrive, but my system cannot access it, is always complaining of low power and also my uSb ports can't transfer media and files from my system to my phone(s) vice versa ....Pls help me out!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 11:48pm On May 07, 2016
One of my USB ports just stopped working, pls house how can I fix it

HP Compaq nx7400
Windows 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 12:10am On May 08, 2016
Valentinooo:
One of my USB ports just stopped working, pls house how can I fix it

HP Compaq nx7400
Windows 10

I would not advice attempting to fix it, since you stated one usb port, it means you have one or more extra.
Simply get a usb extension connector, if you need multiple ports
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 7:23am On May 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

I would not advice attempting to fix it, since you stated one usb port, it means you have one or more extra.
Simply get a usb extension connector, if you need multiple ports
Why I'm even bothered is because that port charges my phone faster than others smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 7:26am On May 08, 2016
Valentinooo:
Why I'm even bothered is because that port charges my phone faster than others smiley

Is the damaged port 3.0?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Valentinooo: 9:55am On May 08, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Is the damaged port 3.0?
No
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ebao2(m): 9:34pm On May 08, 2016
Unable to connect to internet,it keeps on telling me limited,pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Philcool(m): 9:08am On May 09, 2016
My laptop doesn't boot up completely on its iwn again but says this;

"Warning: MBR cylinders (16450590) is not equal to the BIOS"

"Warning MBR total sectors (16450560 is greater than the BIOS one (16434495)."

What do I do please.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tall2ce(m): 1:14pm On May 09, 2016
my system has issues relating to slow performance and hanging and I took to HP service centre only for them to call replacing hard drive and updating windows for me at 28000naira
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by myhobbies(m): 9:12pm On May 09, 2016
Pls I am having issue with a new battery I bought some months ago. The battery is not charging up to 100%. It stops at 83 or 86%. What is the cause and how can I solve the issue pls . Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:12pm On May 09, 2016
Henrique4real:
Hello! Pls helllp! My pc has refused to come on/ boot. Its showing : there are no boot devices press f1 to reboot, press f2 for set up. If I hit f1, it shows d same message but if I hit f2 it sends me to settings and I don't know weda to tamper with any of the settings there. Help cos the PC is still new. Don't know what cud b wrong. Its DELL. Thanks
your os may be corrupt or hard drive failure
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:14pm On May 09, 2016
Philcool:
My laptop doesn't boot up completely on its iwn again but says this;

"Warning: MBR cylinders (16450590) is not equal to the BIOS"

"Warning MBR total sectors (16450560 is greater than the BIOS one (16434495)."

What do I do please.
your mbr/partition table is corrupt....you may need to diagnose your hdd for partition repair and eventually reload your os if needed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 11:17pm On May 09, 2016
Xodun:
My pc USB port can't acess my external hard
drive, but its always indicating connecting light
frm my external harddrive, but my system
cannot access it, is always complaining of low
power and also my uSb ports can't transfer
media and files from my system to my phone(s)
vice versa
....Pls help me out!
many factors may be responsible:
1..your hdd port may be bad
2..the cable may not be required cable needed to power the external hdd
3..u may be plugging in in the wrong port...ie if the ext hdd is usb 3.0 and ur plugging it into a usb 2.0 port
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by myhobbies(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2016
myhobbies:
Pls I am having issue with a new battery I bought some months ago. The battery is not charging up to 100%. It stops at 83 or 86%. What is the cause and how can I solve the issue pls . Thanks

Any solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leonJunior: 4:21pm On May 10, 2016
Hello my toshiba satellite c885d is having speaker problems,it is always making cracking sound. solutions pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bobojoshua(m): 6:05pm On May 10, 2016
Guys, my monitor is displaying "out of frequency" error. Solution to this problem would be highly appreciated.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xodun: 5:50am On May 11, 2016
My desktop system keeps pops out
"Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot drive and press a key"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by leksy07(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2016
hello, pls, my windows 8.1 system is not working properly,, the windows botton is not working and also i cant shut down the normal way because the side display is not showing for me to shut down.. am using short cut to shut it down now
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ernie4life(m): 3:26pm On May 11, 2016
please my laptop does not charge when it's on only when I switch it off, what can I do to resolve this?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunene66: 4:12pm On May 11, 2016
Guys in the House. I'm having issues with my laptop's connection to the net. Im using a Dell Windows 10 laptop. Of recent I have realised that the laptop's internet connection gives a slow response. Even when using my office wifi, its slow, while other PCs have fast connection. I use Kapersky internet security and its up to date. Guys what can be wrong. Its really baffling me as it just started about three weeks ago and I have been using the laptop since last year November
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by topsy509(m): 5:27pm On May 11, 2016
Good day guys, please where can i download free microsoft office for my mac. I didn't have full functionality on the one that came with the laptop as i was required to do full subscription/payment so i deleted the office suite. Would appreciate if you can assist with possible sites where i can download the free or cracked office suite. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omorttee4u(m): 1:27am On May 12, 2016
ernie4life:
please my laptop does not charge when it's on only when I switch it off, what can I do to resolve this?

The cell on your charger had weaken, try get another charger, used one would be better and not Chinco ooo. Talking from experience. Cheers.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoladeazeez: 1:43pm On May 12, 2016
www.azeezomolade.website:
I've been very busy,
@stan: pls give me more details. What error messages does it give? What does it do when you try to convert? Do other converters work? Your formatting problem is typically that of a virus problem. A virus can hook files in a removable drive and work with it, thus you are unable to eject it or format it. It is no use formatting a drive on a virus infected computer. Because immediately after that, the virus rehooks. Open command prompt and type 'control folders'. A window will popup. Click the view tab. Scroll and check view hidden files and folders. uncheck the hide system files and hide known file extensions. This will enable you to see hidden viruses in your flash. Alternatively, you can write 'attrib -h -s E:\*.*' where E is the label of your removable drive.

@ochuko: I've sent you d settings, r u so ungrateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (700) (701) (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.