Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,718 members, 7,834,369 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1276621 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2016
Psalmueldo:
Hello everyone. Have two issues.
1) My laptop shuts down itself claiming overheating despite the fact that i always position it in a way to allow for ventilation.
2) I play FIFA game but their is no commentary despite setting the commentary to on. Every other sound functions are working bar the commentary.

1) Check to see if your computer is actually overheating...try blowing the fan out...check to see if you can update your BIOS as well. You will have to look online to download the latest version of your computer BIOS....You may also have a failing fan that needs replacing...if the PC heats up too much the computer imediately shuts down for safety precaution.

2) Did you purchase the official copy? If so, please see about uninstalling and installing again; and try paying attention to the installation. Sounds to me this may be an unoffical version you have...I have come across a few games that does not have commentary while playing. It's all about the way the game was packaged and uploaded.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 7:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
tolulope855:
Please can anyone suggest to me a working anti virus and where I can download it. Bless up people

I always recomend to use what Microsoft is offering. Which is Microsoft Security Essential or their Windows Defender

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 7:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dermie:

Yes, there is. Get a USB Hard Drive Enclosure (SATA/ IDE).

Note: Always remember to power off your PC and unplug power cord before touching internal components

You are lucky if this works...it sounds to me like you may have a bad drive. And if thats the case...then you are pretty much screwed unless you have the time and patient to fix the mechanical pieces in the drive. Which is a waste of time.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 7:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
laykside:
hello...m using hp compaq 610 2gb ram..i had windows 8.1 32bits installed n it, so i tried windows 10 pro buh after installaiton it showed my system type as 64 bit operating system--x64based processor and most things i run on it is slow.pls how can i get it back to 32 bits still wit dat windows 10 tnx..

If this was an upgrade pushed by Microsoft, then you would've been on a Windows 10 32bit system. It looks like you just inserted and installed a Windows 10 64bit OS. The only way to revert back now is to install a fresh copy of windows 8.1 32bit system.

OR you can upgrade your RAM to 4gb and stay on Windows 10 64bit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dermie:

Alright. I'll be expecting.
Good evening sir, sorry I am late in getting back to you. I have ran the command prompt as admin, here is a snapshot of the result I got

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
grayht:
Pls, where can I recase my old compaq CQ56 laptop in lagos

Call me or whatsapp
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dammygoody(m): 4:43am On Jun 29, 2016
Welldone gurus in the house my HP 15 PC has some few problems: It can't seem to project, brings up "your PC can't project to another screen try updating the driver...." and I've tried to do that all to no avail
The bluetooth also can't find any device neither can it be found, mean while, I've actually updated its driver.
PLEASE, what can I do again?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 5:15am On Jun 29, 2016
AM so tired of trying to update to windows 1o.ave tried using the cd and direct download from microsoft,after wasting over 3.5gig of data i get error message that looks like a coded phone number 080x900xv bla bla,my system meets the requirement so i dunno what the deal is....so sticking to my windows 8 pro with media center....rubbish
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2016
noob03saibot:

Good evening sir, sorry I am late in getting back to you. I have ran the command prompt as admin, here is a snapshot of the result I got

Good day, Alright. I see only the "Wireless LAN" and "Ethernet adapter" details, are there more up?

Have you connected successfully to a wireless network before?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 12:55pm On Jun 29, 2016
[size=15pt]I have a problem with my windows 7, I tried updating/upgrading sometime last year since then, I keep getting the 'windows not genuine' prompt each time I boot my system.. I can't even have a wall paper because it keeps taking me back to a black screen.. I have even tried updating windows from my windows update all to no avail as it keeps telling me to try again... I want to have a genuine windows 7, Please what do I do[/size]
@ Hollarmy, Dermie, Lexusgs430 and others
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 2:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
Dermie:

Good day, Alright. I see only the "Wireless LAN" and "Ethernet adapter" details, are there more up?

Have you connected successfully to a wireless network before?
No, there are no more details. That was all I saw on the screen. And like I said earlier, I just got the system, and it was a refurbished one, so I haven't connected to wireless "lan" before sir. You said something about installing a Bluetooth adapter or so, should I opt for that? But the "wlan" part may pose a problem, cause I have never tried it before so I won't know if it is working, but I will assume it isn't working since the Bluetooth isn't sir.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
Amicable24:
[size=15pt]I have a problem with my windows 7, I tried updating/upgrading sometime last year since then, I keep getting the 'windows not genuine' prompt each time I boot my system.. I can't even have a wall paper because it keeps taking me back to a black screen.. I have even tried updating windows from my windows update all to no avail as it keeps telling me to try again... I want to have a genuine windows 7, Please what do I do[/size]

Try to find window 7 activator to activate it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
horllamy:

Try to find window 7 activator to activate it
Online??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
dammygoody:
Welldone gurus in the house my HP 15 PC has some few problems: It can't seem to project, brings up "your PC can't project to another screen try updating the driver...." and I've tried to do that all to no avail
The bluetooth also can't find any device neither can it be found, mean while, I've actually updated its driver.
PLEASE, what can I do again?
pls bro either you restore system or format it simple
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
Amicable24:
Online??
You may do it online or offline I mean to buy the software
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 4:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
horllamy:

You may do it online or offline
I mean to buy the software
Ooooops, I don't knw abt that.. What will it cost me if I intend doing it onlin?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by cp2dec1: 5:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
noob03saibot:

No, there are no more details. That was all I saw on the screen. And like I said earlier, I just got the system, and it was a refurbished one, so I haven't connected to wireless "lan" before sir. You said something about installing a Bluetooth adapter or so, should I opt for that? But the "wlan" part may pose a problem, cause I have never tried it before so I won't know if it is working, but I will assume it isn't working since the Bluetooth isn't sir.

You may have an issue where the devices you are looking for may be disabled in the BIOS. Your BIOS should be able to tell you exactly what all devices were built into your computer. If you do not know how to access your BIOS or how to access the devices menu in your BIOS, provide the make and model of your computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Amicable24:

Unfortunately, if this error has been present for the duration you have stated, an activator might not work again.
Try using an activator, if it fails, back up all your files and folders, then perform a fresh install and activate with activators within 24 hours of fresh install.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
Amicable24:

Ooooops, I don't knw abt that.. What will it cost me if I intend doing it onlin?

I don't know
If you are living in lagos I can help you to fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
horllamy:

I don't know
If you are living in lagos I can help you to fix it.
Thank you for your response.
I stay in Lagos.. It depends on whr u ar. Where can I meet u?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
Amicable24:
Thank you for your response. I stay in Lagos.. It depends on whr u ar. Where can I meet u?
I base in computer villa
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
horllamy:

I base in computer villa
Ooooops, I stay in Ikorodu.. maybe anytime I'll be coming, I'll let u knw... Thanks for ur time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
Amicable24:

Ooooops, I stay in Ikorodu.. maybe anytime I'll be coming, I'll let u knw... Thanks for ur time
You can check my signature for my contact

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amicable24: 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
horllamy:

You can check my signature for my contact
wink smiley Thanks man...I'll keep in touch
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by codedlee(m): 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
DOMCOM I.T SOLUTIONS
We are Nigerians based end to end IT solution with proven track records from a decade for businesses of all sizes. We have been focusing on improving our client’s expertise in key competencies through Mobile Application Development, Web Designing and Graphic Designing, Digital Marketing and much more.

We provide solutions such as :-

• Responsive Web Design
• Custom Logo Design
• Custom CMS (Content Management System)
• Ecommerce Website Design
• Full SEO Services
• Pay-Per-Click Advertising Campaigns
• Design & Set-up Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
• Creative web design and development

Our on the Shelves Solutions :-

• Custom ERP & CRM Solutions
• Human Resource Management Software’s
• Customized Application Development
• Mobile Apps Development (Android, iPhone, Windows, etc.)

We appreciate you let us know of your interest, to know more about our work process & methodology. We are also available online for discussion about Project needs over Skype @vitalis2020. WhatsApp or call- +2349098186899 or email- nwokolovitalis1990@gmail.com
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Engrcharlesid(m): 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
my computer refuse to boot .....it is showing me disk error or strike whenever ready....what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 4:21am On Jun 30, 2016
cp2dec1:

You may have an issue where the devices you are looking for may be disabled in the BIOS. Your BIOS should be able to tell you exactly what all devices were built into your computer. If you do not know how to access your BIOS or how to access the devices menu in your BIOS, provide the make and model of your computer.
Thank you, I ll check for the bios stuff, if I can't locate it, then I ll post the make and model to you. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:07am On Jun 30, 2016
Engrcharlesid:
my computer refuse to boot .....it is showing me disk error or strike whenever ready....what should i do

One of the booting file is corrupted you have re-install your os
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AndreSalvatore: 7:47am On Jun 30, 2016
Hi nairalanders, a very cute moaning to u all (its morning down here)..... My hp system refused booting on a certain morning..... Took it to an engineer to check out fault/s, and he was like "ur IC got burnt"..... Pls engineers in d crib, can u hlp me as to know if its 'repairable' n if yes, how much Would it cost me..... Tnx again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:55am On Jun 30, 2016
AndreSalvatore:
Hi nairalanders, a very cute moaning to u all (its morning down here)..... My hp system refused booting on a certain morning..... Took it to an engineer to check out fault/s, and he was like "ur IC got burnt"..... Pls engineers in d crib, can u hlp me as to know if its 'repairable' n if yes, how much Would it cost me..... Tnx again.

What is the model number inbox me on whatsapp...check my signature
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 10:04am On Jun 30, 2016
guys,after upgrading to windows 10,i inserted a driver pack software and did some driving,lol, in the process i lost my bluetooth icon,under device manager i saw it but when i try to start a connection i get bluetooth not found error...the thing tire me...

and which sites can i download hd movies of over 5oomb,cos d few i saw keep taking me to new pages wihtout a download link
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daeveed(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
pls epp me ...my hp pavilion dv6 just locked and i forgot the password

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.