Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,007 members, 7,845,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (735) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281295 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:04pm On Aug 08, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
My computer randomly (at least seemingly) froze a couple days ago. I had to manually restart my computer with the power button. After I restarted it, my computer would not get past the opening windows screen. It would usually just freeze and after a couple more trys, I was greeted with an error message that says:

Windows has has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurrred.

Any help or suggestions?
Thanks.

it may be the haddrive as faulty
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whiz10(m): 4:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
I tried switching off my laptop but it took almost 30mint without shutting down. So i had to remove the battery. Fast forward to today, i switched it on and here is what it kept displaying. Who gonna help me out? I don't want to lose my files in that system. They are very important to me.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bikerboy1(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2016
Over hanging is the current problem am having now. especially when connected to the internet. Not slow internet speed. The entire system hangs badly. Say, you want to open a folder or copy a file.

Please I need a solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2016
good evening everybody... please am having issues with my laptop(hp 630). last week when I was using it, I noticed a smell coming out from it and later discovered that the plug connecting the Dc power Jack to the mother board was burnt... now, I hv replaced the DC power Jack but when I plugged in the system I noticed same smell again but I quickly unplugged the system before it get burnt again.... please what could be the possible problem... thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 8:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
slimbryan:
good evening everybody... please am having issues with my laptop(hp 630). last week when I was using it, I noticed a smell coming out from it and later discovered that the plug connecting the Dc power Jack to the mother board was burnt... now, I hv replaced the DC power Jack but when I plugged in the system I noticed same smell again but I quickly unplugged the system before it get burnt again.... please what could be the possible problem... thanks.

Visit your nearest Laptop technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 11:22am On Aug 09, 2016
bikerboy1:
Over hanging is the current problem am having now. especially when connected to the internet. Not slow internet speed. The entire system hangs badly. Say, you want to open a folder or copy a file.

Please I need a solution

WhatsApp me 08139462401 I can help u on it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rioemmanuel(m): 1:47pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hi every one, I use a hp pavilion dv6000. I discover recently that the battery shut down ones it is at 70%. please I need help on this as it is really affecting my productivity. Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xxpress(m): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2016
My laptop is not powering on. It's showing windows error recovery before it of by itself again. Pls, what's the solution, hope I won't lose all my data.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xxpress(m): 5:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
whiz10:
I tried switching off my laptop but it took almost 30mint without shutting down. So i had to remove the battery. Fast forward to today, i switched it on and here is what it kept displaying. Who gonna help me out? I don't want to lose my files in that system. They are very important to me.
This is the same issue am having with my system and I don't want to lose the data on the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by whiz10(m): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2016
Xxpress:

This is the same issue am having with my system and I don't want to lose the data on the system.
what have you done, about it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samuelUMOH(m): 11:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
Hello guys. I need assistance my flash drive is not recognise anymore on my laptop and on any system .What can I do to recover my data ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 1:02am On Aug 10, 2016
bikerboy1:

Please I need a solution
B4 giving out solution I need to know d capacity of ur ram.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 1:02am On Aug 10, 2016
bikerboy1:

Please I need a solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 1:12am On Aug 10, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Hello guys. I need assistance my flash drive is not recognise anymore on my laptop and on any system .What can I do to recover my data ?
Since u say it's unrecognizable by different pc u tried it on I don't think it ur files are recoverable but assuming that ur flash disk was corrupted den you would need to download an app known as disk digger or restoration to recover your files but it's not guaranteed 100%
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 1:14am On Aug 10, 2016
samuelUMOH:
Since u say it's unrecognizable by different pc u tried it on I don't think it ur files are recoverable meaning Dat your flash has damaged but assuming that ur flash disk was corrupted den you need to download an app known as disk digger or restoration to recover your files but it's not guaranteed 100%
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xxpress(m): 5:17am On Aug 10, 2016
whiz10:
Nothing. Planning to take it to computer village
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngRx(m): 8:10am On Aug 10, 2016
goodmorning sirs.

dontcknow
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by youngRx(m): 8:11am On Aug 10, 2016
goodmorning sirs.

dont know why but my PC sudenly goes off when the batry drops below 70%....any solution pls??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Xxpress(m): 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
whiz10:
Am planning to take it to computer village.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bikerboy1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
Joshua35g:

Ram is 2gb HD is 320

NB: Its a mini Laptop

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Youngsage: 4:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hello bosses

Please my system hangs at times, but of recent its been getting morr frequent. The whole system just starts acting slow, especially when I'm connected to the internet. I use Mozilla Firefox and its frustrating hoe just switching between tabs can take donkey years. Then the browser itself stops responding and at times, force closes.
Somebody, please epp me. cry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mdrill(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2016
Hi! My PC seems to be affected by a shortcut virus. When I connect my USB drive to it, all the folders appears as shortcuts. How can I get rid of this problem permanently?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 10:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
Youngsage:
Hello bosses

Please my system hangs at times, but of recent its been getting morr frequent. The whole system just starts acting slow, especially when I'm connected to the internet. I use Mozilla Firefox and its frustrating hoe just switching between tabs can take donkey years. Then the browser itself stops responding and at times, force closes.
Somebody, please epp me. cry
Ur RAM needs to be upgraded
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 10:05pm On Aug 10, 2016
bikerboy1:

Ram is 2gb HD is 320

Thanks
U need to install CCleaner on ur laptop 4 proper cleaning up of the whole device.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2016
bikerboy1:

Ram is 2gb HD is 320

Thanks
U need to install CCleaner on ur laptop 4 proper clean up of the whole device.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OAUTemitayo: 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2016
Please my system was formatted and reloaded with windows 7 while it was previously using windows 7 starter which was how it was when I bought it brand new.
Now after it was loaded with windows 7 I noticed all the utilities like WiFi, Bluetooth, webcam are nowhere to be found. The system is also lagging. Please how can I reinstall the windows 7 starter so that the WiFi, Bluetooth and webcam can be used?
All the F keys are working for something else. I can't change alphabets to upper case as the caps is not recognised again though it is working. Seems something is wrong with the windows installed.
I also noticed that the number keys are only displaying the alpha numeric instead of numbers. Please help me
It is a Packard bell mini laptop. I just don't get the windows installed.
Joshua35g
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Joshua35g(m): 11:02pm On Aug 10, 2016
Mdrill:
Hi! My PC seems to be affected by a shortcut virus. When I connect my USB drive to it, all the folders appears as shortcuts. How can I get rid of this problem permanently?
You need to perform a bootscan With ur Antivirus more preferably avast Antivirus it will erase any trace of this virus
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 12:39am On Aug 11, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Please my system was formatted and reloaded with windows 7 while it was previously using windows 7 starter which was how it was when I bought it brand new.
Now after it was loaded with windows 7 I noticed all the utilities like WiFi, Bluetooth, webcam are nowhere to be found. The system is also lagging. Please how can I reinstall the windows 7 starter so that the WiFi, Bluetooth and webcam can be used?
All the F keys are working for something else. I can't change alphabets to upper case as the caps is not recognised again though it is working. Seems something is wrong with the windows installed.
I also noticed that the number keys are only displaying the alpha numeric instead of numbers. Please help me
It is a Packard bell mini laptop. I just don't get the windows installed.
Joshua35g

After reinstalling, the missing drivers should have been reinstalled, if it was done by a professional that knows his onions from his agbalumo's.
If you have access to the internet, log unto www.driverupdate.net
Download the free scan version and reinstall your missing drivers.
I hope the windows 7 has been activated?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OAUTemitayo: 12:53am On Aug 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

After reinstalling, the missing drivers should have been reinstalled, if it was done by a professional that knows his onions from his agbalumo's.
If you have access to the internet, log unto www.driverupdate.net
Download the free scan version and reinstall your missing drivers.
I hope the windows 7 has been activated?
Yes the windows 7 has been installed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Yes the windows 7 has been installed

Has it been activated?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by OAUTemitayo: 1:31am On Aug 11, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Has it been activated?
YES sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bikerboy1(m): 3:26am On Aug 11, 2016
Joshua35g:

U need to install CCleaner on ur laptop 4 proper cleaning up of the whole device.

Thanks.

Hope I can download the CCleaner online?

(1) (2) (3) ... (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.