Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (747) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1268969 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:56am On Sep 15, 2016
Mercykayy:
Weldone gurus in the house. Please, my hp 620 keyboard stopped working. hv tried hard resetting and lots of stuffs i read online but non worked. please help. no technicians is close by. thanks a lot.

are you sure is connected very well? if not check the flex and re click it.... if its not working u will av to replaced it den..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rebuke: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2016
Hi, please I need an urgent assistance to my window 7 compacq mini ish.

It does not boot and shows the following error:

window could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: windows root >\system32\hal.dll.please re-insatall a copy of the above file

When I clicked on option F10 as prompted for repair it shows this:

Edit windows boot options for: Window 7

Partition: 1

Hard Disk: 1bfc1bfc

/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN_

Please can I know how serious this is in case I have to take it to a computer engineer. I will appreciate everyone's response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2016
Please whenever I tried to install Microsoft word 2013,it will not install and it keep on saying "there are no product affected by this package installed on this system" Please how can I solve this problem and I have never installed Microsoft word in the system before.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2016
Rebuke:

window could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: windows root >\system32\hal.dll.please re-insatall a copy of the above file

/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN_

Please can I know how serious this is in case I have to take it to a computer engineer. I will appreciate everyone's response.

ur window is corrupted u Av to format it

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
AwesomeRomeo:
Please whenever I tried to install Microsoft word 2013,it will not install and it keep on saying "there are no product affected by this package installed on this system" Please how can I solve this problem and I have never installed Microsoft word in the system before.

you know it has both 32 bit and 64bit hope u select d compatible 1 for ur system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AwesomeRomeo: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2016
horllamy:

you know it has both 32 bit and 64bit hope u select d compatible 1 for ur system
Yes. My laptop is 32bit and I downloaded the 32bit version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rebuke: 3:38pm On Sep 15, 2016
horllamy:

ur window is corrupted u Av to format it

Thnks Horllamy, can yhu give me a little guide on how to do that my self?
Was alrdy thinkn of takin it to an engineer but my xperience has tot me a lot of lessons. Don't know if I can tell them specifically that I want them to format my window when I get there or I should let them decide.

Sent yhu a PM though.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:56pm On Sep 15, 2016
Rebuke:

Was alrdy thinkn of takin it to an engineer but my xperience has tot me a lot of lessons. Don't know if I can tell them specifically that I want them to format my window when I get there or I should let them decide.

Sent yhu a PM though.

you will have to give it to nearest engineer,but if u are living within Lagos I can help you to fixit....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Rebuke: 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
horllamy:

you will have to give it to nearest engineer,but if u are living within Lagos I can help you to fixit....

K, thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 15, 2016
Rebuke:

K, thanks.

aiit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chybyke4ly(m): 12:36pm On Sep 16, 2016
Greetings good people. I'm really in a deep poo right now. Was browsing last night with my system and suddenly discovered that my personal files were encrypted,so I decided to reboot the system to allow it time to restore the file. Immediately I minimized the browser I saw a write-up on my homepage that goes thus "your important files have been encrypted...bla bla bla...to decrypt, click on http://......". A set of five web addresses were provided for me to visit to get my files back. On clicking the first one and following some prompts, I found out I need 400$ to get MY OWN FILES back. The whole provided process of recovery is timed such that if I don't pay up within 2 or 3 days the fee will increase to 800$. A little research made me know I'm battling with CERBER3 RANSOMEWARE VIRUS. I've been so devasted since then. I have so many important files which I can't afford to lose, company spreadsheets,presentations and personal scanned documents. I don't even know to what to do right now. That's why I'm using this channel to enquire if anyone here has encountered such challenge and successfully surmounted it. Please I'll appreciate every solution proffered in this regard. Thanks a lot, and please don't mind my shabby write-up. Its windows7 32bit, HP.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by morganist99(m): 12:49pm On Sep 16, 2016
chybyke4ly:
Greetings good people. I'm really in a deep poo right now.
Was browsing last night with my system and suddenly
discovered that my personal files were encrypted,so I
decided to reboot the system to allow it time to restore the
file. Immediately I minimized the browser I saw a write-up
on my homepage that goes thus "your important files have
been encrypted...bla bla bla...to decrypt, click on http://......".
A set of five web addresses were provided for me to visit to
get my files back. On clicking the first one and following
some prompts, I found out I need 400$ to get MY OWN FILES
back. The whole provided process of recovery is timed such
that if I don't pay up within 2 or 3 days the fee will increase
to 800$. A little research made me know I'm battling with
CERBER3 RANSOMEWARE VIRUS. I've been so devasted since
then. I have so many important files which I can't afford to
lose, company spreadsheets,presentations and personal
scanned documents. I don't even know to what to do right
now. That's why I'm using this channel to enquire if anyone
here has encountered such challenge and successfully
surmounted it. Please I'll appreciate every solution
proffered in this regard. Thanks a lot, and please don't mind
my shabby write-up.
Its windows7 32bit, HP.
sorry about that but you must have been visiting some malaicious websites..Ransomeware is a very stubborn virus to deal with... You can easily show hidden files: Open Computer,
press the Alt key, select Tools, and click Folder
Options. On the View tab, select Show hidden files,
folders, and drives, and then click OK. If your data reappears after you elect to show
hidden files, that’s great—it means there’s an
easy fix for your woes. Open Computer, navigate to
C:\Users\, and open the folder of your Windows
account name. Then right-click each folder that’s
hidden, open Properties, uncheck the Hidden attribute, and click OK.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sfinkzslot(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2016
hello house,
who knows how to connect Tenda router (pictures below) with a PC, using the PC wireless connection instead of ethernet (WAN), so I can share Internet connection through its WiFi n LAN features
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chybyke4ly(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2016
morganist99:
sorry about that but you must have been visiting some malaicious websites..Ransomeware is a very stubborn virus to deal with... You can easily show hidden files: Open Computer,
folders, and drives, and then click OK. If your data reappears after you elect to show
Plz sir,may I hv ur digits?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by morganist99(m): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
chybyke4ly:

Plz sir,may I hv ur digits? Or chat me on whatsapp 08134990492. Thanks.
sent you a message
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brandon180(m): 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2016
guys pls my laptop has a battery problem.. its technically a television... once there is no power source...d laptop goes off....recently I was playing pes2015 wen my PC went off...was very surprised... so I tried playing it again and my PC went off, I checked d fans, CPU usage everything is normal...someone told me d reason y my system goes off is because... d power is not enough.... didn't really understand wat he said...BT guys wat is actually d problem....why will my PC just go off like dat
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
Ehitunez:
can't I get any one of one gig what of Radeon 7750

Of course, you can.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2016
brandon180:
guys pls my laptop has a battery problem.. its technically a television... once there is no power source...d laptop goes off....recently I was playing pes2015 wen my PC went off...was very surprised... so I tried playing it again and my PC went off, I checked d fans, CPU usage everything is normal...someone told me d reason y my system goes off is because... d power is not enough.... didn't really understand wat he said...BT guys wat is actually d problem....why will my PC just go off like dat

I think your system is doing over heating
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brandon180(m): 6:59pm On Sep 16, 2016
horllamy:

I think your system is doing over heating
so wat causes d over heating
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by focuso1(m): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2016
brandon180:

so wat causes d over heating
1. Maybe d fan vet as blocked or u will need to put thermal paste on top of the processor....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by penitential(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2016
Anybody with apple MacBook pro charger for sale should please contact me......07034714388
Not new Ooooo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Chukabiz(m): 10:58pm On Sep 16, 2016
please sir, i wanted to restore my Dell hard drive factory setting. I got to the point where i am supposed to select "system image" but my system could not find any system image . please help me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:50am On Sep 17, 2016
Rebuke:

/NOEXECUTE=OPTIN_

HAL(hardware abstration layer)
your boot.ini is missing or corrupt ...you need to repair your os with a an installation cd via sfc command to replace the missing files..
i think a profession is the best option
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 2:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Rebuke:

Sent yhu a PM though.
its really a simple problem so why format..thats always the easy way out...just get a windows 7 cd to startup ur system and choose repair
my computer...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:17am On Sep 17, 2016
chybyke4ly:
Greetings good people. I'm really in a deep poo right now.
Was browsing last night with my system and suddenly
discovered that my personal files were encrypted,so I
decided to reboot the system to allow it time to restore the
file. Immediately I minimized the browser I saw a write-up
on my homepage that goes thus "your important files have
been encrypted...bla bla bla...to decrypt, click on http://......".
A set of five web addresses were provided for me to visit to
get my files back. On clicking the first one and following
some prompts, I found out I need 400$ to get MY OWN FILES
back. The whole provided process of recovery is timed such
that if I don't pay up within 2 or 3 days the fee will increase
to 800$. A little research made me know I'm battling with
CERBER3 RANSOMEWARE VIRUS. I've been so devasted since
then. I have so many important files which I can't afford to
lose, company spreadsheets,presentations and personal
scanned documents. I don't even know to what to do right
now. That's why I'm using this channel to enquire if anyone
here has encountered such challenge and successfully
surmounted it. Please I'll appreciate every solution
proffered in this regard. Thanks a lot, and please don't mind
my shabby write-up.
Its windows7 32bit, HP.
i have been preparing or this your case for 6-7months now and ur the first i may have to attend to...
when ur are advised to get commerical antivirus/protection,u would be doing DIY and seeking cheap antiviruses or some wld say,i, here to make money..
i tink first u have to get off the internet...whatever is transmitting from your laptop is using the internet as a transport..and logically,your system time would be the clock..in other words,u may need to shutdown your system too..dont attempt to change your date...it may have a FAILSAFE rule(i know the trojan would be able to operate on its own in offline mode)
just remove your hard drive then call on 08061679732
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:31am On Sep 17, 2016
morganist99:
you need to understand how a hacker thinks moreso,the syntax involved in hacking..this aint that ralia odinga playtin that just hides files..this is the real deal that changes a files extention in a modified extention eg a notepad document has an extension of .txt but u dont see that in windows mostly..thats its signature used to identify it worldwide as corel is cdr...
when that extention changes,it becomes unrecognizable and in turn targeted files are encryted using a master password(same way i can encrypt a file and in some cases encrypt a partition-it wld make it hidden) and in the end what makes a ransom different from other viruses,trojans is that its a blend of all that put together,not to delete your files maliciously,playfully but to make money....the modern day hacker understands how difficult it is now to get vital information out of your instead he locks everything up and request for fee..
if u ask me,i wld tell u he modern day hacker just got smarter grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:36am On Sep 17, 2016
brandon180:
you already answered your own question...its a power problem starting from your battery then your charger....even if your fan aint working,it wont just go off when there is no power..even when there is power,it would still overheat...so i rule out fan or overheating
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:05am On Sep 17, 2016
Chukabiz:
please sir, i wanted to restore my Dell hard drive factory setting. I got to the point where i am supposed to select "system image" but my system could not find any system image . please help me.
if you have deleted the recovery partition then you can no longer have the system image except u imaged it externally to another device..
the only difference between me formatting/reloading your system and your system image is the system image instructions have been pre-defined in a batch file and its automated and u dont even need to start downloading or looking for its drivers after formatting it..
but in the end,we would still get the same desired results..
nowadays,i tink i can beat the time taken to restore the system by a few minutes using my driverpack and even save u more space on ur hard drive grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by amicableSavage: 8:47am On Sep 17, 2016
pls wat version of inventor 'll work for my windows 8.1 pls reply
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kennykendo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 17, 2016
embarassed uhm av got two issues dunno where to start.
1. my HP pavilion 15 n211ax AMD chipset developed a fault whereby it trips off on its own.until maybe u plug the charger. Now when it gets full and the Amber light turns white, at times if you unplug it, the PC goes off, most times it doesn't.. it got so bad that it trips off tries to restart then goes off again.. as am typing this it doesn't even come on nor charge. technicians say it's motherboard... but it's scarce.

2. a laptop HP elitebook 8530p I make use of because of work, packed up last night.. I was using it while charging, until the battery became full, I unplugged it. I used it till the ba3 ran down so I plugged it to charge.. after about 2hrs I woke up and discovered it wasn't charging at all, with the chord still plugged and no indicator was on.
I removed the ba3 put it back and it showed the white light on the indicator which shows that a ba3 with power has been inserted.. now even with the chord plugged in.. it's not charging..
when you press the power button, the Amber light blinks for 6-7 times and will not come on.. pls help. av got to submit something by Monday.. and it's saved in that system..
av tried removing the ba3 and holding the power button for 10,30,60 seconds before reinserting yet nothing...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bashiruhammed97(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2016
please help me out/ acer mini laptop does not power on at all. no indicator light on. have tried al my best yet stil not turn on.

(1) (2) (3) ... (744) (745) (746) (747) (748) (749) (750) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.