Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1277161 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
pxjosh:
I'm having issues with my system today.. When I try booting the system once it gets past the HP logo stage it immediately goes blank. I don't know what's wrong. ( I used it to play PES till around 1am yesternight)

I've removed and fixed the battery still no solution

horllamy:

Possibly its hardware problem

As suggested by hollarmy, it may be a hardware problem. Even so, could you restart the
laptop please and keep pressing f10 for bios, a blue screen should appear. Then, use your arrow
key to navigate to diagnostics and run me an hard drive short test. Is the fan spinning ? could you smell burnt from the
air vents? any CD DVD in the disk drive. What's the make and model number and operating system type,
for example, hp 530 windows vista basic. Moreover, I could have ask you to run a memory test on the same screen.
However, I'm not sure if you would have enough nepa light or generator power.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
xxgig:
Good morning all, my compaq
CQ56 now shuts down /
hibernate when ever i'm
using the system. this occur
especially when i am online. i'll
like to know what i can do to
remedy this situations.
thanks!

Dear xxgig,

Restart the laptop and keep pressing
f10 for bios until you see a blue screen

Use your arroew keys to naviagte to diagnostics
and run me a battery test. Please connect your charger
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 4:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
deji2009:

As suggested by hollarmy, it may be a hardware problem. Even so, could you restart the
laptop please and keep pressing f10 for bios, a blue screen should appear. Then, use your arrow
key to navigate to diagnostics and run me an hard drive short test. Is the fan spinning ? could you smell burnt from the
air vents? any CD DVD in the disk drive. What's the make and model number and operating system type,
for example, hp 530 windows vista basic. Moreover, I could have ask you to run a memory test on the same screen.
However, I'm not sure if you would have enough nepa light or generator power.
I used f10 for the bios and got those screenshots. I didn't get any option for diagnostic test.

I also checked the fan and nothing like burnts. The system came up early In the morning and immediately just went blank.

System is HP 15 Notebook PC, Running on windows 8.1

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 9:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
deji2009:

Dear xxgig,

thanks for your response, i'll give it a try.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 9:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
deji2009:

Dear xxgig,

i did not get option for battery test only memory test and primary hard dis self test.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yemi2plus(m): 12:07am On Mar 08, 2017
Please, how do I successfully activate mu Wins 8.1 pro? I have been using it for over seven months only for it to show "activate windows" yesterday.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:31am On Mar 08, 2017
yemi2plus:
Please, how do I successfully activate mu Wins 8.1 pro? I have been using it for over seven months only for it to show "activate windows" yesterday.
Use a windows activator. Get it from those guys selling computer software. pretty easy to use
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lexusgs430: 10:17am On Mar 08, 2017
sotall:
Use a windows activator. Get it from those guys selling computer software. pretty easy to use

Or download it for free.........
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AdebisiAdeyinka(m): 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2017
whenever I record a voice note with my laptop, it doesn't replay the voice when I finish recording
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by forke(m): 12:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pls help, I jus bought a fairly used laptop, am a novice wen it comes to laptop.. Excited abt my acquire pc I started exploring it, I mistakenly set media Centre as default program for opening all apps, can't open any of d apps install keep showing play media Centre...... Wat can I do to restore it bak to default
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bamidele539: 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
Papas n gurus in the house i hail you all, i wanna knw d steps and procedures on aw to make use of whatsapp on my laptop {HP elitebook 8530p} 4gb ram, 250HDD, because i av already downloaded whatsapp, thanks for ur responses
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2017
pxjosh:
I used f10 for the bios and got those screenshots. I didn't get any option for diagnostic test.

I also checked the fan and nothing like burnts. The system came up early In the morning and immediately just went blank.

Please google search the model of your laptop to find out if your laptop has been recalled.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2017
forke:
Pls help, I jus bought a fairly used laptop, am a novice wen it
comes to laptop.. Excited abt my acquire pc I started exploring
it, I mistakenly set media Centre as default program for
opening all apps, can't open any of d apps install keep
showing play media Centre...... Wat can I do to restore it bak to default

Use google to find out how to get to control panel and click on default program.
Then change it from windows media centre to windows media player
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:59pm On Mar 09, 2017
xxgig:
i did not get option for battery test only memory test and primary hard dis self test.

Ok, Google Hp battery test to run the test.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
pxjosh:

I'll advise you to take it to a computer shop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daphantom: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2017
Goodmorning guys. Pls how can I solve 'can't connect to this network' wifi problem? I use windows 8.1. The wifi used to work but started misbehaving recently, even the bluetooth does not work anymore. Anybody with an idea pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gingger(m): 10:32am On Mar 10, 2017
deji2009:

Ok, Google Hp battery test to run the test.

Pls how much does it cost to change the flex of a laptop, my laptop screen will just go white after initially showing the dell logo, the screen has been somehow fluctuating, Pls help
Cc:sotall
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2017
gingger:

Pls how much does it cost to change the flex of a laptop, my laptop screen will just go white after initially showing the dell logo, the screen has been somehow fluctuating, Pls help
Cc:sotall
Don't conclude its the flex (signal cable) . It may be from a bad screen. As regards the cost, it depends on the laptop and model. Whatsapp me on 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pxjosh(m): 11:17am On Mar 10, 2017
deji2009:

I'll advise you to take it to a computer shop.
Yeah I took it to a computer shop and discovered it was an issue with the os. The system was formated and its working even better now. Thank you so much sir

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sutst: 5:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
pls my laptop is working but not charging ave change d battery is still d same ting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
sutst:
pls my laptop is working but not charging ave change d battery is still d same ting

What is the model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tekel(m): 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
please fellas I need help. I woke up on Tuesday morning to switch on my laptop but it couldn't. tried every stuff I saw online but it came out negative. I took it to technicians but still negative, they all concluded I need 2 changed motherboard. please am devastated, someone should please come 2 my rescue.. the laptop is a HP 250 G3.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sutst: 7:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
horllamy:

What is the model
Hp620
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kweenskiga(f): 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
sotall:
When did this issue start? Did you recently reload the system? Are you watching high graphics video on a low-graphics laptop?
Its been 3 months. It's the same movies I have been playing. What do you mean by reload
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kweenskiga(f): 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
deji2009:
Source/Reference: Windows Support I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below: Press Windows key + X. Click on Control Panel. Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers. Click on Properties. Click on Enhancements Tab. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects" Click OK and check if issue persists. If issue still persists, as a workaround, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below: Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver: Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager. Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’. Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’. Select the option to Delete driver software. Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode: Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it. Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
tekel:
please fellas I need help. I woke up on Tuesday morning to switch on my laptop but it couldn't. tried every stuff I saw online but it came out negative. I took it to technicians but still negative, they all concluded I need 2 changed motherboard. please am devastated, someone should please come 2 my rescue.. the laptop is a HP 250 G3.
what else do you need again after taking it to technicians?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
Kweenskiga:

Its been 3 months. It's the same movies I have been playing. What do you mean by reload
I meant if you recently reinstalled the OS without driving it. If you didn't do that recently, then I suggest a physical examination by a technician is good
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Daphantom: 9:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
tekel:

HP 250 G3 seems like shitty pc. Thats what I use. wifi and bluetooth have stopped working.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
sutst:
Hp620

I will advise you to take to nearby engineer for more check
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 10:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
sotall:
3k should get you a compatible charger
Just discovered dis night another prob wit my PC. The touch pad moves the cursor on the screen but it doesn't click. What should I do? Pls reply ASAP!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 10:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
kov624665:

Just discovered dis night another prob wit my PC. The touch pad moves the cursor on the screen but it doesn't click. What should I do? Pls reply ASAP!
when did this start?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kov624665(m): 10:50pm On Mar 10, 2017
sotall:
when did this start?
This evening. I've not used it for 2 days but I made sure its fully charged. As I tried to work with it dis night, I discovered the touch-pad is not clicking. Thanx in antic...

(1) (2) (3) ... (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.