Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,894 members, 7,844,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281228 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by vicshownero2(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
@deji here is d link again- www.fixya.com/support/t6166732-hp_dv9000s_screen i did what u said and it stil displays d screen in 8places.am really fed up coz both my project and seminal work as both stoped.incase its a motherboad problem pls what can i do to fix it tnx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
vicshownero2:

@deji here is d link again-   www.fixya.com/support/t6166732-hp_dv9000s_screen   i did what u said and it stil displays d screen in 8places.am really fed up coz both my project and seminal work as both stoped.incase its a motherboad problem pls what can i do to fix it tnx

Dear vicshownero,

Have clicked on the above link and everything contain is absolutely right. Swap test laptop
with a working monitor and see what happen. pretty certain need a motherboard replacement.
Motherboard cannot be fix it has to be replace. is like a car engine totally need replacing the whole
lot. best bet is to sell it as scrap and use the repair money to get another one as it would be
too costly. Good luck
Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by phemmy88(m): 9:03pm On Nov 06, 2010
though i don't av a comp. Problem 4 now but i just wanna commend the Good work of the Engrs here most especially deji, U guys 're great!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by honeric01(m): 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2010
oweniwe:

@honeric: which dell model be dat?

dell 1545, you can go for the 16s
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by rasidi(m): 2:41am On Nov 07, 2010
my system hangs when on.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:06am On Nov 08, 2010
@nearest, I know am asking you to repeat yourself but did you forget your windows password or bios password? Windows password comes up after the welcome screen while bios password comes up immediately you put on the system. Which one is it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2010
Hullo all!!!

Can anyone help me on how I can get a sound device for my laptop Dell Latitude D600. Anytime I want to play video or audio in the system, it will prompt a message that no sound device is installed in the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:15am On Nov 09, 2010
Okponee:

Hullo all!!!

Can anyone help me on how I can get a sound device for my laptop Dell Latitude D600. Anytime I want to play video or audio in the system, it will prompt a message that no sound device is installed in the system.

drivers for dell

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Okponee: 8:24am On Nov 09, 2010
@ Zim Drill. Thank you very much for your quick response. I will try it out now.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comrade2009: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2010
I want to format my deskstop, but the window will just standstill in "set up is just inspecting your hardware configuration" it will no longer continue. Please want can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:27pm On Nov 10, 2010
Comrade2009:

I want to format my deskstop, but the window will just standstill in "set up is just inspecting your hardware configuration" it will no longer continue. Please want can i do?

do you want to format the same drive that has your OS or a drive you plugged on your pc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Phemmmy(m): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2010
Use another CD to start the installation again.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zogo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2010
AM getting different instructions from different people on how to wire my ethernet cable with RJ45 plugs. some give the order-

-Brown/brown & white
-Green/Green & White
-Blue/Blue & white
-Purple/Purple & White

Pls is this order correct? pls help. tenx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jibson999(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
zogo:

-Brown/brown & white
-Green/Green & White
-Blue/Blue & white
-Purple/Purple & White

Pls is this order correct?
from my exp it depends on d type of connectivity u want. wat u have here is d cross over type(i.e u are connecting to a switch/hub)
if this is the case then u are right, but it all depends on ur harmony
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Comrade2009: 9:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
I want to format the hard drive that has the OS of the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2010
Comrade2009:

I want to format the hard drive that has the OS of the system.

do you want to format while you install or just formatting ? you will lose your OS and all data
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by emynem05(m): 3:48am On Nov 12, 2010
@ zim drill
afta 4mating my lappy i did dxdiag wif run prog. It showed me dat graphic accelerator is not present and one oda accelerator. Which of d driver should i instal to fix dis. I hav installed ati catalyst plz post link for nvidia.i tried openning a game i installed it said d rite graphics accelerator not found. Windows7 os
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:55am On Nov 12, 2010
emynem05:

@ zim drill
afta 4mating my lappy i did dxdiag wif run prog. It showed me dat graphic accelerator is not present and one oda accelerator. Which of d driver should i instal to fix dis. I hav installed ati catalyst plz post link for nvidia.i tried openning a game i installed it said d rite graphics accelerator not found. Windows7 os

it is always best to go to your make website and download all the latest drivers of your OS
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PrinceLat(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
i've 4llowed this thread for a while now, and i noticed how u guys help people, so pls helpppppppppppppp
i have a prob with my system, hp compaq dc 7700 small form factor, all of a sudden when i put on the system, it does not boot at all, it just reads the ram size on the board then goes off, i removed the had disk and powered it, same thing happened again, i have changed the processor the ram but it wont come up still , just counting up to the ram size and then it goes off, sometimes it counts to (420, 560, 920) before going off.
i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 12, 2010
Prince Lat:

i've 4llowed this thread for a while now, and i noticed how u guys help people, so pls helpppppppppppppp
i have a prob with my system, hp compaq dc 7700 small form factor, all of a sudden when i put on the system, it does not boot at all, it just reads the ram size on the board then goes off, i removed the had disk and powered it, same thing happened again, i have changed the processor the ram but it wont come up still , just counting up to the ram size and then it goes off, sometimes it counts to (420, 560, 920) before going off.
i would appreciate any help i can get. thanks
hello sir
possible causes could be a faulty ram module,
can you get into the BIOS
if you can then try and perform a memory test,
to see what the problem is,

then give feedback thanks.
kingsley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by PrinceLat(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2010
thanks for d info, but the thing is that, i removed the ram and tried on other system and it worked perfectly, as per the BIOS
even when the system gives options of pressing the various funtion keys, it has no effect on it.
thanks any help will be welcome from anybody.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:10pm On Nov 12, 2010
Prince Lat:

thanks for d info, but the thing is that, i removed the ram and tried on other system and it worked perfectly, as per the BIOS
even when the system gives options of pressing the various funtion keys, it has no effect on it.

do you have the OS disk ? if you have just put it in and start it and let us know of the results
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:54pm On Nov 12, 2010
emynem05:

@ zim drill

[/quote][quote author=ZIM DRILL link=topic=301179.msg7127158#msg7127158 date=1289552106]
it is always best to  go to your make website and download all the latest drivers of your OS

Dear emynem05,

Thank you for your recent enquiry and would all like to know make and model of your computer.
Installing incorrect drivers can cause system instabilities. For example HP 530 Windows XP.
providing this information will help my colleagues to pinpoint you to the correct website.

Here at nairaland regardless of a user knowledge/literate all queries are dealt with equally.

I hav installed ati catalyst plz post link for nvidia.i tried openning a game
i installed it said d rite graphics accelerator not found. Windows7 os

You already installed ati catalyst without installing the video drivers. That's too hasty and
the wrong way of doing it. Uninstall the catalyst driver and reply back with your computer
make and model and we search for the drivers, usually the catalyst is automatically installed
when the drivers finish installing.We look forward to the make and model of your computer.

Good luck and enjoy your weekend
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:06am On Nov 13, 2010
Dear Technicians,

I have been following your post and would like to comment you all for your efforts.
May I also use this opportunity to urge all of us to raise our standard and work more as a
collective team. everyone's time is precious and nothing comes free however our contributions
towards providing 1st level diagnostics would go a long way in helping our fellow citizens.

Lets ask for the followings on all enquiries.

Make and model of computer ? ie HP Laptop 530 Windows XP ?

And ask more questions from the user to narrow down the cause .

Also lets start with basic diagnostics. for example. Laptop screen
is black LEDs Light on and nothing on the screen. We may ask user
to turn off laptop remove the battery and try it. if no joy then we can
move on to the next step. I[b] am not the moderators of this section[/b] however
from day one of joining i felt there's a need for accountability.

We are computer professional and please lets put into practice

Have a nice weekend !

Deji
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:17am On Nov 13, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

it is always best to go to your make website and download all the latest drivers of your OS

ZIM DRILL:

do you want to format while you install or just formatting ? you will lose your OS and all data

Example of a good diagnostics and user questioning
cool cool cool
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:29am On Nov 13, 2010
Kingsleyinfo:

hello sir
possible causes could be a faulty ram module,
can you get into the BIOS
if you can then try and perform a memory test,
to see what the problem is,

then give feedback thanks.
kingsley

Prince Lat:

RE:System fails boot,

Dear Prince,

I referred to Kingsleyinfo advice about getting you back on your feet and appreciate
your explanations. Here's your diagnostics in narrowing down the cause.

Turn on PC AND observe LEDS light on keyboard ? Press CAPS Locks. Any light ?
Afterwards check to make sure no disk in cd/dvd drive and test. Furthermore
remove everything attached to the pc so we have the pc on is own

This process is called ATX Reset to the motherboard static electricity.

Once everything is disconnected press and hold down pc power button
for 30seconds then test. if no joy take it to a technician for further diagnostics/fix
There's little we can do as we provide 1st level diagnostics. Who replaced the processor ?

I am 65% certain is the jumper that needs switching position> This is advance and would advice you to
visit a computer engineer. On the screen does it say Verifying DMI POOL DATA. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:37am On Nov 13, 2010
Okponee:

Hullo all!!!

ZIM DRILL:

drivers for dell

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=gen&ServiceTag=&SystemID=LAT_PNT_PM_D600&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

Dear Okponee,

Thank you for your recent enquiry. we observed you were provided with a link to download a sound
driver to your computer and would like to check the progress so as to know if this has been sorted and
to help you further. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by utimayor(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2010
please my starcomms neo driver cannot work on my windows 7 OS, i called their office and they said i should take it to starcomms office for a custom configuration. i am no where near any of their office. can any one help me? pls,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:49pm On Nov 13, 2010
uti-mayor:

please my starcomms neo driver cannot work on my windows 7 OS, i called their office and they said i should take it to starcomms office for a custom configuration. i am no where near any of their office. can any one help me? pls,

i dont know what is a starcommns neo but am sure it might not be compatible with windows 7

you can run it in compablity mode, run it under the last OS you had
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by utimayor(m): 1:08pm On Nov 13, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

i dont know what is a starcommns neo but am sure it might not be compatible with windows 7

you can run it in compablity mode, run it under the last OS you had
ZIM, starcomms neo is a 1XCDMA internet Access Devices (USB) ownwed by starcoms, i don't understand can you explain better, thanks a bunch.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2010
i guess you got the SHORTCUT of the device on screen

right click and got to properties --- then compatibility--- then tick where it says RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILTY MODE FOR ---- then choose the OS you had before  let me try to upload pictures for you

dont forget to click on OK or APPLY to makes the changes effective let us know of the results

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (1224) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.