Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,787 members, 7,855,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (897) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1286868 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HiddenManna(m): 12:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
Razak5:

Ok, so test 1 completed.

Test 2. Start your laptop press F10 key hold on a while 15min to 20 min. Did it go off.?

please, do you also know how much the windows installation disc cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Please, Is It Possible To Change My Laptop Dvd/rw Lens? The Dvd/rw Keeps Loading Whenever I Insert A Disc And Finally Pops Up "please, Insert A Disc"

Consider replacing the dvd rom
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bigfredrick: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
Hello please i need your help regards my pc and modem..for few days now my pc hasn't been recognizing my glo modem(and have been using it to browse for past months).i dont know what can be wrong with it.i have tried all what i can think of.Firstly,i tested the modem on another pc and its worked fine,secondly,i tested all the usb ports to and they are all working fine and thirdly i tried connecting my system to a wifi hotspot and it did connect normally and browsed.and the funny thing again is that when i plug the modem into the pc its makes the normal notification sound(dnt knw if u get me).pls i would be glad if i get a reply soon.thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 4:08pm On Apr 05, 2018
Bigfredrick:
Hello please i need your help regards my pc and modem..for few days now my pc hasn't been recognizing my glo modem(and have been using it to browse for past months).i dont know what can be wrong with it.i have tried all what i can think of.Firstly,i tested the modem on another pc and its worked fine,secondly,i tested all the usb ports to and they are all working fine and thirdly i tried connecting my system to a wifi hotspot and it did connect normally and browsed.and the funny thing again is that when i plug the modem into the pc its makes the normal notification sound(dnt knw if u get me).pls i would be glad if i get a reply soon.thanks

go to control panel,click on uninstall programs
when the page open,look for the modem program there and uninstall it..
After uninstalling it,install it again and restart your system after the installation. it will work hopefully

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Please, Is It Possible To Change My Laptop Dvd/rw Lens? The Dvd/rw Keeps Loading Whenever I Insert A Disc And Finally Pops Up "please, Insert A Disc"

Yes, you will only change the DVD rom, not the lens itself.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by temigreat(m): 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
Pls hv u encounter this problem on ur laptop window changing from win 7 to win 95 anytime i click on any folder it shows thisThe server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect.Do u knw of any solution
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2018
HiddenManna:

In computer village you can get one for a token (usually NGN 200 to NGN 250).

Getting the disk isn't the main issue-genuine or not.

Please, back up, BACKUP, BACKUP your files on an external storage before attempting any formatting process.
If you don't then it'd be really bad. Then you'll start looking for software to recover your files... Then it will be too late.

This has happened so many times on this forum.
The person will be like: "Thanks so much, I've been able to format my laptop but I can't find my files".

Am like: " shocked funke grin...

Don't let this happen to you ok

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by one9ner: 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
PLS, any body with an idea on how to increase dedicated video ram on hp 650. mine is 32mb and i will like to make it 512mb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2018
HiddenManna:

Please, back up, BACKUP, BACKUP your files on an external storage before attempting any formatting process.
If you don't then it'd be really bad. Then you'll start looking for software to recover your files... Then it will be too late.

Of course if you don't need your files, you go ahead without backup...

The person will be like: "Thanks so much, I've been able to format my laptop but I can't find my files".

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 10:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
one9ner:
PLS, any body with an idea on how to increase dedicated video ram on hp 650. mine is 32mb and i will like to make it 512mb

Hello

Cannot happen.

I imagine you want to play games with it, right?

Or you tried one and it was lagging...

Or you wanted to install one game like that grin grin
and your laptop didn't meet the minimum requirements.

Whatever it is, you can't increase the dedicated video memory from that 32MB.

You will have to get a system with a good Intel HD graphics or something of 512MB.

I have 3 of such systems... Reasonable figures.

Call/WhatsApp on 08128714767.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by queenhecate: 6:27am On Apr 06, 2018
onegig:
Eyah sorry. not been here. Sorted this out or you still need help? you can have sent me a pm na.

it's sorted, thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 6:35am On Apr 06, 2018
sammyobi584:

Nice to be here .I just started learning on how to work and repair laptops last two months and believe you me..it is very interesting.
I have a question for you and the house.
A client brought a laptop with chrome as it's operating system.He wants to load windows 10 operating system to it.I have tried loading it but I always get struck in the tab that I suppose to input the command.
what is the easiest way to load windows 10 to Chrome OS laptops?

@Razak5 any tips please
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 7:29am On Apr 06, 2018
sammyobi584:

After uninstalling it,install it again and restart your system after the installation. it will work hopefully

@Bigfredrick how far. did the stuff worked out?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Benjaniblinks(m): 9:09am On Apr 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

Yes, you will only change the DVD rom, not the lens itself.
U Know How Much It Would Cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 12:56pm On Apr 06, 2018
sammyobi584:

@Razak5 any tips please

Hello.

The best way is for your client to use Windows apps for Chrome OS by going to Microsoft site.

Ofcourse there are ways you can wipe off chrome OS and put in a fresh OS (Windows 8 ) . But it has a lot to do with BIOS modifications...

BUT THE PROCESS isn't fool proof. Sometimes the windows might hang or freeze, some apps might not be supported etc.

Remember all those tiny errors in Windows you could easily resolve by refreshing... Well it'll be challenging with a chrome book...

Tell your client to either settle for windows App for Chrome OS or get a Windows PC.

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

The best way is for your client to use Windows apps for Chrome OS by going to Microsoft site.

Ofcourse there are ways you can wipe off chrome OS and put in a fresh OS (win cool. But it has a lot to do with BIOS modifications...

BUT THE PROCESS isn't fool proof. Sometimes the windows might hang or freeze, some apps might not be supported etc.

Remember all those tiny errors in Windows you could easily resolve by refreshing... Well it'll be challenging with a chrome book...

Tell your client to either settle for windows App for Chrome OS or get a Windows PC.

*cheers*

thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 1:59pm On Apr 06, 2018
sammyobi584:

thanks
you're Welcome
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
U Know How Much It Would Cost?

#2k for used

#4. 5-5k for new
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LionInZion: 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2018
My laptop has been warning me that the windows will expire in a few weeks. Telling me to update it using the keys from the windows disk purchased. But the problem is the person using it before who might have the key is not in the country presently. Please, what can I do before the expiry date? Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sholatech(m): 9:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
Please I need your assistance my Gurus. My laptop started hanging for about a week now. Anytime I leave the laptop for about five minutes and return back, it will not respond except I remove the battery. And I notice before removing the battery that it hot underneath with fan noise.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by HiddenManna(m): 10:14pm On Apr 06, 2018
Razak5:

Of course if you don't need your files, you go ahead without backup...

*cheers*

lol

shocked whoa!! so... how do I back up my files (using an external storage device) ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gentew(m): 2:15am On Apr 07, 2018
please house, my laptop Lenovo yoga 300 is tripping on and off by itself. I now realized that virus has eaten deep into the system. please recommend an effective antivirus for me and where to get it. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 6:17am On Apr 07, 2018
Gentew:
please house, my laptop Lenovo yoga 300 is tripping on and off by itself. I now realized that virus has eaten deep into the system. please recommend an effective antivirus for me and where to get it. Thanks

forget antivirus. Just format the system ist
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 6:18am On Apr 07, 2018
LionInZion:
My laptop has been warning me that the windows will expire in a few weeks. Telling me to update it using the keys from the windows disk purchased. But the problem is the person using it before who might have the key is not in the country presently. Please, what can I do before the expiry date? Thanks.

which window is that. I can help you with a key.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 6:19am On Apr 07, 2018
sholatech:
Please I need your assistance my Gurus. My laptop started hanging for about a week now. Anytime I leave the laptop for about five minutes and return back, it will not respond except I remove the battery. And I notice before removing the battery that it hot underneath with fan noise.

Maybe the fan is not working well..and also check the processor..
take it to a technician to ascertain the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zlatanized007: 7:24am On Apr 07, 2018
hi everyone! I am currently carrying out a research project on the following items on the Nigerian Postal System, (Lagos, specifically) and desperately need more information:

---- Current workforce size of post offices and sorting centres in Lagos
---- Average hourly rate including social costs
---- Average logistics warehouse rental rate /m2/month
---- Number of sorting centres in Lagos
---- Total number of employees on the sorting centre
---- sorting time window on the sorting centre
----- Total number of employees on the post offices
----- Number of post offices
----- quantities of letter and flats per year
----- quantity of registered mail per year
----- number of china parcels per year
----- number of sorting phases

please if you can drop useful links or information related to the above, please do, I have scanned through the NIPOST website with very little info. coming out.I know this platform contains many important people who are highly knowledgeable....God bless!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LionInZion: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2018
sammyobi584:

which window is that. I can help you with a key.

Windows 8.1
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 6:03pm On Apr 07, 2018
LionInZion:

Windows 8.1 Thanks
that will be next week when I enter office
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LionInZion: 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2018
sammyobi584:

that will be next week when I enter office

Okay. Thanks
But if I may ask, can I reenter the current one, will it work? I saw one on the system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sammyobi584: 9:38pm On Apr 07, 2018
LionInZion:

Okay. Thanks
But if I may ask, can I reenter the current one, will it work? I saw one on the system
you can try
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bigfredrick: 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2018
bro have rectified it.thanks.i did that
sammyobi584:

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gentew(m): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2018
Yes I have formatted it and It works well after then. But d problem started again when I inserted a flash drive to d extent that some buttons were malfunctioning but it stopped when I remove the flash. That made me believe that the cause is the virus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (894) (895) (896) (897) (898) (899) (900) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Broskyjames

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.