Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

I Want To Open A Standard Saloon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Open A Standard Saloon (5815 Views)

How Much Is Needed To Open A Standard Barbing Salon? / Barbing Saloon Vs Laundry Services: Which Is A Better Business? / How To Open A Domiciliary (foreign) Account With Gtbank, Zenith Bank & Firstbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 12:20pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello nairalanders,i am intending to open a standard saloon with male and female together. anyone here who has an experience should please explain to me the cost of setting one up and managing it location is a port harcourt.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by JohnNgene: 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hmmm...

Male and female
Equipments N300,000

Location is Port-Harcourt. PORT-HARCOURT!!!
Rent is N300,000 per annum

Miscellaneous N200,000

That means you should have at least N800,000 as your startup capital.

Though my experience in the business is zero. Lol. I just want to help you blow the whistle so that more experienced people can comment.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Thanks...rent is below the above amount where i wan to site it smiley
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by saintikechi(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Am also planing on setting up a standard salon in umuahia. My budget is 120k for rent 100k for equipment and 80k for miscellaneous.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 3:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
saintikechi:
Am also planing on setting up a standard salon in umuahia. My budget is 120k for rent 100k for equipment and 80k for miscellaneous.
have you done the market survey.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by saintikechi(m): 3:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
darthv:
have you done the market survey.

I will be going to Aba next week to do the market survey for the equipments, don't know howmuch standing dryers costs but I think it should be around 20k and the size of the shop will determine how many I will buy. I already have a generator and AC. I also need someone with experience to tell me the things that will be needed in a standard salon.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 26, 2016
should i actually advice them, because i know more about the biz.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 26, 2016
Followin cos am intrested
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 8:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
Businessnaija:
embarassed
Businessnaija:
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
saintikechi:

I will be going to Aba next week to do the market survey for the equipments, don't know howmuch standing dryers costs but I think it should be around 20k and the size of the shop will determine how many I will buy. I already have a generator and AC. I also need someone with experience to tell me the things that will be needed in a standard salon.
i was told that the standing dryers are outdated,most saloon use the hand dryer and its cheaper around 3-5k something.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2016
darthv:
embarassed

The cost of setting up a standard saloon depends on how much you have.

First thing to consider is getting a good location.

The basic equipments/instruments needed are:

- Standing dryer 12-15k , one is enough

- Hand dryer 3-5k , two is enough

- Stretcher is 1,500 - 2k depending on where you are buying from.

- extra large mirror. 2 is enough, front and back.

- industrial standing fan and Ac

- Head washer (not sure of the name) but this is used to wash their hair or something, either after relaxing or for another purpose. But yyou need it, and this one comes in four categories

- steam combs

- Then other necessary equipments/instruments, such as shampoo, combs, brush, powder etc.

Furnitures needed are:

- waiting seat, atleast two. 10-15k or less, if you decide to construct our locally made own.

- Desk or table, to keep your instruments and equipments

- six chairs. should incase you have customers, they will seat on it, while your workers fix them.

- Also clippers 3-5k for original one.

Shop Structure.

If you need more customers, kindly buy sliding glass doors (tinted ones) , and paint your show room , white with a touch of deep pink.

furthermore, try and demacate the male and female section with a light wood or PVC, and remember to build a small space for the manager ( am available for this job).

Goodluck.
dont mind my accent, na one smalLG phone i dey use type.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 9:18pm On Mar 26, 2016
Businessnaija:

The cost of setting up a standard saloon depends on how much you have.

First thing to consider is getting a good location.

The basic equipments/instruments needed are:

- Standing dryer 12-15k , one is enough

- Hand dryer 3-5k , two is enough

- Stretcher is 1,500 - 2k depending on where you are buying from.

- extra large mirror. 2 is enough, front and back.

- industrial standing fan and Ac

- Head washer (not sure of the name) but this is used to wash their hair or something, either after relaxing or for another purpose. But yyou need it, and this one comes in four categories

- steam combs

- Then other necessary equipments/instruments, such as shampoo, combs, brush, powder etc.

Furnitures needed are:

- waiting seat, atleast two. 10-15k or less, if you decide to construct our locally made own.

- Desk or table, to keep your instruments and equipments

- six chairs. should incase you have customers, they will seat on it, while your workers fix them.

- Also clippers 3-5k for original one.

Shop Structure.

If you need more customers, kindly buy sliding glass doors (tinted ones) , and paint your show room , white with a touch of deep pink.

furthermore, try and demacate the male and female section with a light wood or PVC, and remember to build a small space for the manager ( am available for this job).

Goodluck.
dont mind my accent, na one smalLG phone i dey use type.
lol thanks boss.. i appreciate your reply so much its all i had ever been wanting,thanks bro once more.now for the mangerial aspect which is more profitable having a standby person that colects all themoney or after month balancing by each workers.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
darthv:
lol thanks boss.. i appreciate your reply so much its all i had ever been wanting,thanks bro once more.now for the mangerial aspect which is more profitable having a standby person that colects all themoney or after month balancing by each workers.

Let a manager handle the place, because they go reck you dry.(am available for manager oo).

Branding kills the game, in the sense that, your workers should be on uniform, while your manager is on suit, this way, you will stand the test of time, and attract big madams and ogas, plus big girls and guys.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 10:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
Businessnaija:

Let a manager handle the place, because they go reck you dry.(am available for manager oo).

Branding kills the game, in the sense that, your workers should be on uniform, while your manager is on suit, this way, you will stand the test of time, and attract big madams and ogas, plus big girls and guys.
lolz oooo... am just a student in uniport and the location is uniport.where you wan see big madam for there.my major target are student till i expand.where do you reside?
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
darthv:
lolz oooo... am just a student in uniport and the location is uniport.where you wan see big madam for there.my major target are student till i expand.where do you reside?
Anambra state
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
Businessnaija:
Anambra state
thats far
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 26, 2016
darthv:
thats far
far, how
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by saintikechi(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2016
darthv:
i was told that the standing dryers are outdated,most saloon use the hand dryer and its cheaper around 3-5k something.

Then ill go for the hand dryers instead.
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2016
Businessnaija:
far, how
ill get back to you once i get things started..but will one need a business registration to operate
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2016
darthv:
ill get back to you once i get things started..but will one need a business registration to operate
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2016
darthv:

Yes, if you would like to register the business incase of further expanding and growth.

No, because that would only inquire more expenses....
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by darthv: 10:49am On Mar 27, 2016
Businessnaija:

Yes, if you would like to register the business incase of further expanding and growth.

No, because that would only inquire more expenses....
for the no aspect any repacautions??
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2016
darthv:
for the no aspect any repacautions??
Still NO
Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by wanderrerr: 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2019
@ op did you eventually venture into it?How did it turn out?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Open A Standard Saloon by NaijaPress: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2020
You need a hair saloon business plan to achieve that...

(1) (Reply)

How To Withdraw Money From Your Paypal Account / Gtb Cash Dispense Error!!! Help!!! / Souvenir Bags Manufacturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.