Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,005 members, 7,810,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) (4116 Views)

What’s The Breed Of This Puppy Called ? / Plz Petlanders,are These Pure Boerboels,advice Before I Buy It Today Plz / What Breed Does This Puppy Lionel Messi Is Holding Belong To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by TD4real: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2016
I love dogs but i have never owned one. My friend who has six dogs wants to sell one of his pups to me. He says its a cross breed of english mastiff and ......(forgotten the mother"s breed) . Price is 50k. Please for those who know much about dogs, advice if its a fair deal and also is the puppy still too young for me to buy ( he suggested that i leave it 2 more months before buying ).

Plus , whats the average cost of owning a dog in nigeria,

I have a rugular job and work 12 hrs a day and sometimes weekend . Will i be able to take care of the dog

Please your advice is needed, i will attach pictures of parents and pups

Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by tripplephi: 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
bros u do not need dogs.... why buy what will be reducing your cash with style.... why not multiply your earnings first before bringing in DOG into your life. your 50k cant even take proper care of you. YOU ARE NOT MARRYING THE DOG..... so drop the thought before you find out how broke you actually can be,

my dad had 4 dogs n he spends money on them that could have been used to do better things... tho he has the time but when they deliver he makes almost half a million from the rotweiler pups and dobaman cross breeds.... HE HAS THE TIME.... now i live alone and am my own man.... I STILL WOULDNT GET A DOG not even for free,,,, you really need to consider getting a management study or financial skill/intelligence.

EVEN A POOR MAN WILL BE HATED BY HIS DOGS..... dont do it bro

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by phlame(m): 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
50k For Mixed undecided undecided undecided
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by TD4real: 2:05pm On Mar 26, 2016
tripplephi:
bros u do not need dogs.... why buy what will be reducing your cash with style.... why not multiply your earnings first before bringing in DOG into your life. your 50k cant even take proper care of you. YOU ARE NOT MARRYING THE DOG..... so drop the thought before you find out how broke you actually can be,
my dad had 4 dogs n he spends money on them that could have been used to do better things... tho he has the time but when they deliver he makes almost half a million from the rotweiler pups and dobaman cross breeds.... HE HAS THE TIME.... now i live alone and am my own man.... I STILL WOULDNT GET A DOG not even for free,,,, you really need to consider getting a management study or financial skill/intelligence.

Brodaaaaa, doubt if you understood my post. I said dog price is 50k, not my salary. I earn over 200k a month and i think thats enough to take care of a dog

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by TD4real: 2:07pm On Mar 26, 2016
phlame:
50k For Mixed undecided undecided undecided

Please is the price too much? I need your honest advice before i make a mistake
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Sirmuel1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 26, 2016
If you really like the Dog, please go for it. The main thing is buying what you will be proud of. No amount is too much for what you like. grin

But he could have reduced it a little, he is your friend cheesy
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Oppypoppy: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hmmmm d puppies don't worth the price. How are u sure the male dog is the father. Why not go to d Police, u r sure of getting true breeds.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by phlame(m): 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
TD4real:

Please is the price too much? I need your honest advice before i make a mistake

Price is way too much if those are the parents...

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Ayordeyleyy(m): 3:16pm On Mar 26, 2016
just get a pure breed
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by dacovajnr: 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2016
Why not a get a pure breed instead and the dam looks much like Ekuke
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2016
At 50k you can get a pure breed puppy of a choice dog. But Sir I think the right path here is to find out which particular dog/s breed/s appeals to you, what purpose/s you want that dog to serve, how will that particular dog handle being alone for up to 12hrs as you stated (guard and guardian breeds don't have a problem with being lonely once they are adult but pet/toy breeds can develope temprament issues when denied bonding with their human parents). Thats my take on this. Youtube Dog 101, Dog breed info videos, fairvet.com etc can hasten your research, plus contributions from experienced dog owners and lovers here is priceless.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by TD4real: 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Bubewilson:
At 50k you can get a pure breed puppy of a choice dog. But Sir I think the right path here is to find out which particular dog/s breed/s appeals to you, what purpose/s you want that dog to serve, how will that particular dog handle being alone for up to 12hrs as you stated (guard and guardian breeds don't have a problem with being lonely once they are adult but pet/toy breeds can develope temprament issues when denied bonding with their human parents). Thats my take on this. Youtube Dog 101, Dog breed info videos, fairvet.com etc can hasten your research, plus contributions from experienced dog owners and lovers here is priceless.

Thanks man, i appreciate . But is there anything wrong with a mixed breed . And what advantage do pure breeds have over mixed breed
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2016
TD4real:

Thanks man, i appreciate . But is there anything wrong with a mixed breed . And what advantage do pure breeds have over mixed breed
You welcome Sir. Nothing is wrong with mixed breed as all dogs are dogs, plus even the purest of any bloodline at a time was mixed/crossed with a unique breed in the breed development stages to get the standards we have today. Since this standards have been set and particular desirable traits had remained dorminant in the breeding stages, hence a breed is set to be recognized and standardized. At such they say some dogs are more dogs than others due to purity. The choice of getting a pure or mixed breed is entirely the voilition of the dog adopter and i see nothing wrong with one's choice as long as he understands that variations in temprament, physical features etc. are all engraved in DNA of such mixed breed dogs. Depending on what you want the dog for- a pure breed costs more than a mixed breed. Thats the only advantage I know of in Nig and Nairaland. Personaly i like huge fierce bulky dogs thats why the likes of Caucasian ovrtchakah, Kangal, GSD, (Straight back, pure German working dog bloodline not the slant American show dog bloodline) etc. top my list. With this choice I wouldn't want to have a Mexican Chihuahua, Basenji etc somewhere in the bloodline as puppies might not turn out to be what i expect them to look like and it's also not good for business.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by lenkel: 7:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
boss get a pure breed don't waist ur tym on dis .......
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Funmiladey(m): 10:12am On Mar 27, 2016
Bro just add some more cash to that 50K and get a good looking pure/full breed of choice, am sure you will be happy for doing so and not those puppies up there in pics.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by TD4real: 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thanks people. From the comments iv got. I finally have decided not to buy it anymore.... Thanks much for your advice. Anybody with a full breed english mastiff should contact me plz. Happy easter petlanders!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by jolosola(f): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2016
1. Are u sure those are d parents?
2. If dt is d mother, she is already a mixed breed (probably Alsatian nd God knows what) nw u want to get a pup of a mixed breed? (Will advice against dt).
3. Are u getting d pup just as a pet? I mean no thoughts of future breeding (cuz breeding dt pup wil produce monsters with traits of different breeds).
4. Its not worth that price, but dt aside, what do u really want as per breed? Don't just buy anything cuz u av d money.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Sudirnge1(f): 8:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Bubewilson:
You welcome Sir. Nothing is wrong with mixed breed as all dogs are dogs, plus even the purest of any bloodline at a time was mixed/crossed with a unique breed in the breed development stages to get the standards we have today. Since this standards have been set and particular desirable traits had remained dorminant in the breeding stages, hence a breed is set to be recognized and standardized. At such they say some dogs are more dogs than others due to purity. The choice of getting a pure or mixed breed is entirely the voilition of the dog adopter and i see nothing wrong with one's choice as long as he understands that variations in temprament, physical features etc. are all engraved in DNA of such mixed breed dogs. Depending on what you want the dog for- a pure breed costs more than a mixed breed. Thats the only advantage I know of in Nig and Nairaland. Personaly i like huge fierce bulky dogs thats why the likes of Caucasian ovrtchakah, Kangal, GSD, (Straight back, pure German working dog bloodline not the slant American show dog bloodline) etc. top my list. With this choice I wouldn't want to have a Mexican Chihuahua, Basenji etc somewhere in the bloodline as puppies might not turn out to be what i expect them to look like and it's also not good for business.
just got a mixed breed puppy,gsd mother vs caucasian father i hope they turn out grate, this is my first atemp at foriegn dog, i love pure bread but its expensive.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sudirnge1:
just got a mixed breed puppy,gsd mother vs caucasian father i hope they turn out grate, this is my first atemp at foriegn dog, i love pure bread but its expensive.
cool bro. I hope same too. If you intend to breed her just examine what % of Cauc or GSD she has got more and cross with a PURE breed male Cauc or GSD. This can give you decent puppies and your puppy price should be reasonable too. Retain the purest of the pups and cross again with a pure breed choice male. In a short time you will have almost pure breeds (however variations can occur at anytime).
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by olisafincy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
Guy no buy that dog you no see as the mama be. you will regret it if u buy
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Baroba(m): 2:01am On Mar 28, 2016
Am trying to figure out exactly what cross the dam is, GSD/ Boarboel??..Shepherd / Mastiff cross, People are creating horror in the name of cross breeding in this country.. 50k is surely too expensive like others have said.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Sudirnge1(f): 4:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Bubewilson:
cool bro. I hope same too. If you intend to breed her just examine what % of Cauc or GSD she has got more and cross with a PURE breed male Cauc or GSD. This can give you decent puppies and your puppy price should be reasonable too. Retain the purest of the pups and cross again with a pure breed choice male. In a short time you will have almost pure breeds (however variations can occur at anytime).
tnx, im stil hoping to own a pure bread cauc or gsd someday.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Sudirnge1:
tnx, i'm stil hoping to own a pure bread cauc or gsd someday.
nice, hope to get mine from you someday.
Re: Urgent Advice Before I Buy This Puppy (pictures ) by space9880: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
tripplephi:

next time read well

(1) (Reply)

6 Weeks Old Nice Black German Shepard For Sale / Dog Mating Pig Got Stuck / Breeding Standard Pedigree BB Puppies At A Very Affordable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.