Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish (639 Views)

Random Pictures / Help: I Think I'm Too Soft For A Man That I Am / Inspired Daily | Power Of Acts Of Kindness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish by Buharist: 7:26am On Dec 31, 2017
I have enjoyed a lot of random act of niceness and kindness but this one tops the pack.

Sometime in December 2001, i was on transit from school in Kaduna to Abuja to see a family member. As usual Christmas was close and fuel was very scarce and expensive. As expected transport fairs doubled.

By the time I got to Zuba junction I had spent all I had on me and my journey was to terminate in Kubwa. I had no option but to ask for help.

I approached this young man who I think should be in his 30's as he stood by the road side waiting to board a vehicle. After listening to my request he gave a deep breath and said he just arrived from lokoja and he was even robbed on the way and that all he can give me was 50 naira. I collected it and thanked him profusely as that was more than what I needed to get to my destination.

Bro, I can't even remember your face again but I pray God reward and bless you. That 50 naira was worth more than a million naira as it saved the day.

Kindly share yours let's celebrate this angels in human body.
Re: Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish by thesicilian: 7:32am On Dec 31, 2017
That's nice. Mine was a lady who loaned me N16,000 when I was desperately in need of it in 2010. I had asked all my friends doing internship with me together, more than 7 of them, but they all gave unbelievable excuses. Meanwhile they'd all got their salaries a few days prior and I was yet to get mine. Then this lady who we were not on talking terms asked when I would pay back if she gave me and I was shocked because I only asked her as a last act of desperation (you know, like when you can't remember where you parked your car and you start checking places that even a single tyre cannot enter).
Anyway I paid her back some 4days later when I got my own salary but I'll never forget how my own friends shot me down and an outsider came to the rescue.

PS: this is officially my last post of the year.

(1) (Reply)

Best Romantic Movies To Watch On Valentine’s Day / Where Is Shymex? / Opera Is Giving Out Recharge Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.