Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® (504 Views)

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE ASSORTMENT °•° By Kelechi Onyema® by kcphilips(m): 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2016
CHAPTER ONE [THE MORNING RUSH] Story begins…. It was a very bright and beautiful morning with the birds chirping and the mist filled the atmosphere. Wow! Finally its today I exclaimed and jumped out of my bed, I didn’t straighten up my muscles and joints as I did on regular basis. Yes! Its almost time, I quickly removed my pajamas and rushed into the bedroom to freshen up, while bathing under the cool and revitalizing sprinkles of water from the shower, a swift thought came to me that I had got no new clothes to put on for the upcoming valedictory service (VS) which I suppose was today. I began fantasizing if today was actually the D-day, immediately the overwhelming feeling that woke me was suspended. I wasn’t sure again if today was actually the day. Again I remembered that dad had promised to take me for shopping a day to my valedictory service. Which hadn’t happened yet, that means today is the assigned day for the shopping and my valedictory service would be tomorrow I concluded. After bathing, I entered my room and confirmed the days date. lo it was a Thursday the 12th of July, 2014 my valedictory service was scheduled for the 18th.. I wore my boxers and headed straight to my parent’s room, knocked on their door then stepped in after I got the approval. I exchanged pleasantries with them. Noble; Dad, are you aware of today’s date? Dad; what’s with the date? Me: It’s the 17th. Mom: so, what’s happening today? Me: (smiles) its today you promised to take me out for shopping against my valedictory service which will be coming up by tomorrow been the 18th. Dad: (Giggles) ooh! I see, that’s why you wear the smiled of one who has just killed an elephant. Mom: (chuckles) you are a funny man, his happy that he’ll soon be tagged as a secondary school leaver, that’s why he woke up very early this morning. On regular basis Am the one who wakes him up which he often begs for some extra minutes to round up his sleep. Me: (retorted) mom, that’s not true o, I have changed a great deal. Dad: ok let’s watch out from this day hence forth. It’s still for your own good because when you eventually enter into the university my wife wouldn’t be there to wake you up. Mom that’s right noble, better try to change from the look in you eyes am sure you had a sleepless night waiting anxiously for dawn. ME: nope, Mom Am not of the likes of Lillian. Mom: (cuts in) really? Ok tell me who was in the bathroom very early this morning? _____I looked at my mom then my dad up, down, left and right _____ ME: maybe its some ghost or so **All burst into laughter** Dad: There are no ghosts in my house. ____ just then Lillian Steps into the room without knocking, she was fond of it and whenever she’s queried for it the reply she gives is “this is my fathers house I have every right to enter anywhere, anytime whosoever needs privacy should shut the door before him/her. Indeed she was right___ *** she greeted walked towards my mom parted her hands and sat on her laps*** Lillian: dad where is the party taking place? Mom: (retorted) Lillian, we are talking about noble’s valedictory service celebration which is coming up tomorrow will you like to attend? Lillian: [boastingly rubs her arms like someone getting ready for boxing] for sure! As a point of fact if I don’t attend then no one steps an inch out of this house. ** we all smiled at her confident demeanor. As if, if left alone she can knock us all in just a single jab** ___Lillian was a small girl,12 years but had the mouth of a 20year old, because of the way she talks and also very smart and intelligent___ ME: please o, no one is going to leave your behind before you box someone. Lillian: oh noble, (laughs and points at me) that’s why you woke up extremely early today, you love parties too much!! right mom? Mom: yes dear. By this hour it was already few minutes past seven when my dad dismissed the discussion and assigned me to clean the car after which I should get prepared for the shopping alongside Lillian. Mom instructed Lillian to do the dishes, while she prepares breakfast. **The event that occurred on my V.S left me in a state of total confusion because secrets have ever wanted but never new about were reveled making my long awaited inciting and expectant V.S not to end so well for me** Continue reading………

(1) (Reply)

Today's Quote / Abiku: A New Story I Am Working On / Pain=>write Up By Dindy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.