Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,553 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher (2296 Views)

5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Apostle Suleman: "Disciples Of Jesus Were Armed, Were His Bodyguards'' (Video) / ‘i’m NOT JESUS!” - The Man Who Walked Through The Streets Of Nairobi (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2016
This beliefs are culled and gotten from on Jesus' words. Some of the beliefs of the disciple of Jesus include --
-- They believe and continue in the words of Jesus. And you can only find Jesus' words from the gospels i.e MATTHEW,MARK,LUKE AND JOHN ONLY.
31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:31-32.
--They receives His words like a little child.
I tell you the truth, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."
Mark 10:15.
--They don't follow the voice of a stranger. They don't follow any other words apart from Jesus words because He is their shepherd. They don't follow Paul nor his teachings because he is a stranger.
--They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger's voice."
John 10:5
--They don't go to church,neither do they belong to any Christian institutions or denominations. Worship has no location. It is neither in temples,nor camp grounds but in Spirit and in truth.
20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you people say that the place where people must worship is in Jerusalem." 21 Jesus said to her, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You people worship what you do not know. We worship what we know, because salvation is from the Jews. 23 But a time is coming - and now is here - when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
John 4:20-24.
--Jesus is their only shepherd (PASTOR),no man is or has any capability of pastoring or shepherding.
They are not pastors and they don't have any pastor. Jesus is the only PASTOR.
14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.
John 10:14-16.
--They are not to be called teachers neither are they to call anyone teacher. For is their teacher which is Christ.
But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers.
Matt 23:8.
--Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one teacher, the Christ.
Matt 23:10.
--They call no man their father on earth. For one is their Father ,who is in heaven. They don't even ascribe the term or authority FATHER to any man on earth not even their biological father,spiritual father,god father.
And call no one your 'father' on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
Matt 23:9.
--They have a new family not their biological family because they are born of the Spirit. Born again means to be BORN THE SECOND TIME. So your first birth has been done away with. In this second birth,God is now their Father. Your mother,brother and sister are those that do God's will. A new family,God's family.
48 To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, "Who is my mother and who are my brothers?" 49 And pointing toward his disciples he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
Matt 12:48-50.
And whoever has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
Matt 19:29.
--They are not from this world. They are not citizens of any country on this earth. Not Nigerians,Americans,Chinese,Ghanaian etc.
They do not belong to the world just as I do not belong to the world.
John 17:16.
--They love their enemies,don't pray nor wish their enemies death. They bless those that curse them.
43 "You have heard that it was said, ' Love your neighbor ' and 'hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Matt 5:43-45.
--They don't resist an evil person,they don't take vengeance at all.
38 "You have heard that it was said, ' An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth .' 39 But I say to you, do not resist the evildoer. But whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well. 40 And if someone wants to sue you and to take your tunic, give him your coat also. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not reject the one who wants to borrow from you.
Matt 5:38-42.
--They don't swear at all not even in the LAW COURT.
Let your word be 'Yes, yes' or 'No, no.' More than this is from the evil one.
Matt 5:37.
--They don't pray in the open. Not in churches, not in dinning halls.
But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.
Matt 6:6.
--THEY ARE ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, THEY ARE DISCIPLES,STUDENTS AND EVEN FOLLOWERS OF JESUS.
You can get more of this beliefs in the gospels. Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only. And you shall know the truth,and the truth shall set you free. John 8:32o

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Varagous(f): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
true

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by stonemasonn: 10:26pm On Mar 26, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 11:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
Varagous:
true
Pls, i made a mistake earlier but i have corrected it.
Mistake- They are CHRISTIANS
Correction -They are not CHRISTIANS.
Sorry for the mistake.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 11:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
stonemasonn:
Nice one
Sorry for the mistake
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by macino1(m): 11:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
got it

1 Like

Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Peritus(m): 1:26am On Mar 27, 2016
Were they not called Christians because they followed or behaved like Christ, and not because there was a religion called Christianity.
Whosoever follows the way of Christ is like Christ and so, is a Christian.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Empiree: 2:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
Sorry for the mistake
Got you. The one thing you successfully convinced is the fact that CHRISTIANITY WAS NOT FOUNDED BY JESUS. That's just true.

However, practically you are unable to convince me your practices is any different from christians even though you do not call yourself by that. You still believe in Jesus is son of God like Christians do. You indirectly believe in Jesus godhead, godson, etc. Unless you can explain your understanding of what "I and my father are one" means. You believe that, right? . What does it mean?
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 2:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
Got you. The one thing you successfully convinced is the fact that CHRISTIANITY WAS NOT FOUNDED BY JESUS. That's just true.

However, practically you are unable to convince me your practices is any different from christians even though you do not call yourself by that. You still believe in Jesus is son of God like Christians do. You indirectly believe in Jesus godhead, godson, etc. Unless you can explain your understanding of what "me and my father are one" means. You believe that, right? . What does it mean?
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father's hand. 30 The Father and I are one."
John 10:29-30. Jesus said His father and Him are one. They are united in purpose,Jesus came to do the will of God. He obeys His voice.He does what He sees the Father do.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Empiree: 2:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one can snatch them from my Father's hand. 30 The Father and I are one."
John 10:29-30. Jesus said His father and Him are one. They are united in purpose, Jesus came to do the will of God. He obeys His voice.He does what He sees the Father do.
Good job.

You clearly established FACT here that Christians don't understand. At underlined is evidence of "Jesus is God" in christiandom. Underlined actually means the highlighted part which is the way muslims understood it.

Scholar8200, do you agree with him?. "I and my Father are one" which christians use as proof of Jesus is God is understood differently by your fellow "christian". It is the same way muslims understood the phrase, PURPOSE.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 4:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
Good job.

You clearly established FACT here that Christians don't understand. At underlined is evidence of "Jesus is God" in christiandom. Underlined actually means the highlighted part which is the way muslims understood it.

Scholar8200, do you agree with him?. "I and my Father are one" which christians use as proof of Jesus is God is understood differently by your fellow "christian". It is the same way muslims understood the phrase, PURPOSE.
I am not a Christian,can't you get it. Pls respect my opinion. I don't do religion
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 4:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
Peritus:
Were they not called Christians because they followed or behaved like Christ, and not because there was a religion called Christianity.
Whosoever follows the way of Christ is like Christ and so, is a Christian.
The name Christians was used to mock followers of Jesus. Jesus never gave them a name like that. Jesus said the world does not know Him and will this same world define your identity. All Jesus called them is disciples even friends. I rather stay with the name the truth calls his followers .
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Empiree: 4:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
rexben:
I am not a Christian,can't you get it. Pls respect my opinion. I don't do religion
I got that. I am not saying you are. That's why I said "christian". Cant you see I quoted it?
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
Empiree:
I got that. I am not saying you are. That's why I said "christian". Cant you see I quoted it?
okay,pls use disciple of Jesus rather than "christian",that is my identity
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by easterwick(m): 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2016
My brother am glad i found you to be sincere pls this s my numb 08060075530
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by easterwick(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
where is your location?
Let us find our brethren[sheep]who are gone astray together i was once lost but find and giving authority and power to go inseach for the lost sheep so we can be one i didnt know the scriptures so become taught by God thru d holyspirit first cast out from my church who pray enemie to die read the bible i saw another jesus telling he will protect me and give me riches if follow him but when i refuse somethng begin to manipulate n control me i was beaten and my gament[glory]was tore into two living me wounded my bible got lost i decided to come bck frm my place to my home town to get a bible i was bound by family and thrown me into psychiatric hosptal claiming am mad inside i begin to see how destiny are diverted Gods children so alot to be said my brother we are the peter christ is buildn is church on cus verily the corner stone builders[men of God] has rejected will soon be reveal cus they choose to built on sand.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Scholar8200(m): 9:54am On Apr 07, 2016
rexben:
This beliefs are culled and gotten from on Jesus' words. Some of the beliefs of the disciple of Jesus include --
-- They believe and continue in the words of Jesus. And you can only find Jesus' words from the gospels i.e MATTHEW,MARK,LUKE AND JOHN ONLY.
What of Revelations? Then since Jesus assured the Apostles that the Spirit will lead them into the Truth He would not reveal then, and Jesus also commanded these to,"Feed My Sheep/Lambs" and that," if they keep My saying, they will keep yours", are you not disobeying the Lord Whom you claim to follow by rejecting those He approved?

31 Then Jesus said to those Judeans who had believed him, "If you continue to follow my teaching, you are really my disciples 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
I tell you the truth, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."
--They don't follow the voice of a stranger. They don't follow any other words apart from Jesus words because He is their shepherd. They don't follow Paul nor his teachings because he is a stranger.
How about Peter (the one specifically commanded to feed His lambs), John etc?

--They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger's voice."
--They don't go to church,neither do they belong to any Christian institutions or denominations. Worship has no location. It is neither in temples,nor camp grounds but in Spirit and in truth.
How then are we to observe the Lord's supper? Remember it was observed not in isolation but in fellowship!

Or do you urge converts to baptise themselves? Again why then did Jesus command that new believers be taught?

20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you people say that the place where people must worship is in Jerusalem." 21 Jesus said to her, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You people worship what you do not know. We worship what we know, because salvation is from the Jews. 23 But a time is coming - and now is here - when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such people to be his worshipers. 24 God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."
--Jesus is their only shepherd (PASTOR),no man is or has any capability of pastoring or shepherding.
And He said ,"Feed My sheep" meaning there are that serve Him in that capacity.

14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.
--They are not to be called teachers neither are they to call anyone teacher. For is their teacher which is Christ.
But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher and you are all brothers.
--They call no man their father on earth. For one is their Father ,who is in heaven. They don't even ascribe the term or authority FATHER to any man on earth not even their biological father,spiritual father,god father.
And call no one your 'father' on earth, for you have one Father, who is in heaven.
But He commanded thus:"TEACHING them to observe all things..." What then?

--They have a new family not their biological family because they are born of the Spirit. Born again means to be BORN THE SECOND TIME. So your first birth has been done away with. In this second birth,God is now their Father. Your mother,brother and sister are those that do God's will. A new family,God's family.
48 To the one who had said this, Jesus replied, "Who is my mother and who are my brothers?" 49 And pointing toward his disciples he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."
And whoever has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.
--They are not from this world. They are not citizens of any country on this earth. Not Nigerians,Americans,Chinese,Ghanaian etc.
--They love their enemies,don't pray nor wish their enemies death. They bless those that curse them.
43 "You have heard that it was said, ' Love your neighbor ' and 'hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
38 "You have heard that it was said, ' An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth .' 39 But I say to you, do not resist the evildoer. But whoever strikes you on the right cheek, turn the other to him as well. 40 And if someone wants to sue you and to take your tunic, give him your coat also. 41 And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not reject the one who wants to borrow from you.
But whenever you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.
--THEY ARE ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, THEY ARE DISCIPLES,STUDENTS AND EVEN FOLLOWERS OF JESUS.
You can get more of this beliefs in the gospels. Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only. And you shall know the truth,and the truth shall set you free. John 8:32o
Some called them the sect of the Nazarenes in Jerusalem, others called them Christians in the Gentile world, these and other names refer to the Disciples/followers of Jesus Christ!
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 2:45pm On Apr 07, 2016
He asked Peter to feed His sheep. By the way,are you Peter or was Paul Peter. It is given to Peter specifically. Peter i guess was the eldest,it is the same as saying Peter look after your younger ones because they are brothers (disciples of Jesus). Jesus is the only Shepherd. A sheep can not become shepherd or can it ?
Pertaining baptism,Jesus never baptised anyone. He never taught about it. The whole essence of water baptism was to reveal Jesus. Baptising them in the name of the father,son and Holy ghost was not water baptism.
Can you call a fellow student that teaches and assists you a teacher? No,you can't. Jesus said,
The world cannot define your identity. The name Christians was given to the disciples of Paul. After Paul taught people in antioch for a year,they called them Christians.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Scholar8200(m): 3:54pm On Apr 07, 2016
rexben:
He asked Peter to feed His sheep. By the way,are you Peter or was Paul Peter. It is given to Peter specifically. Peter i guess was the eldest,it is the same as saying Peter look after your younger ones because they are brothers (disciples of Jesus).
Now let's hear what the primary audience of that charge had to say:

The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2 [size=15pt]feed the flock of God which is among you[/size], taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

1 Peter 5:1-4
Now, do you know more than Peter? Or, were you there when Jesus spoke those words to him?

Jesus is the only Shepherd. A sheep can not become shepherd or can it ?
Ask Jesus, HE commissioned Peter, a sheep!

No,you can't. Jesus said,
The world cannot define your identity. The name Christians was given to the disciples of Paul. After Paul taught people in antioch for a year,they called them Christians.
Then who was Peter writing to:

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Peter 4:16
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by easterwick(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
When i read the bible i always shares tears because inside the bible it is both God and devil that speaks no one can no this that is why the devil also uses the scriptures and the word s in the bible to work cus he also acclaimed to be God it all started from the book of genesis to the end in genesis we were told God put adam to sleep before he created woman out of him who made adam to fall and this s how mostly witchcraft operate you must fall asleep for them to work and manifest daybreak and the head of all craft is a woman let me end there you the truth is hidden in bible that is why jesus christ came and said he is the truth,way,life all that hav ever come before or after him are thieves why because even though you are prophet apostle, man of God etc as God spoke through you devil can still speak through you cause man is flesh and spirit this reason why devil claim ownership of moses cus he too uses moses
when i read some verse sufer a witch not to live,kill and split blood on alter,use offactory money to buy your heart desire even bear if u can get to ur church,u rob me in tithe i just laugh why did u think jesus christ came and begin to change many laws like love ur enemy,pray for persecuters,freely u receive freely u give many but let me tell u all jesus words are spiritual so to understand it you must be in spirit so also to paul epistle they are spiritual when u read the bible and love christ then his word will enter you as love then u begin to read through roman by paul then u become more interesting and loving and u ll be carried away cus christ said salvation is by true repentant but paul will tell you is by faith so say i believe in ur hearth. in all big top churches only the leader has the holyspirit the rest thinks what talk to them in their heart is the holy spirit No when u have the holyspirit you can cast out devil, heal sick,drink deadly thngs without harming raise the dead cus is a person carring annointn and is very jealous always identifie by doves but if u receive the spirit as firstborn and a virgin [man]not defile by woman then christ ll call you into his marriage by given u a ring and a robe [prodigal son]14400 redem frm men as firstfruit, blesed are u then. as u begin to read the passage called to the bride marriage is either matt or luke then u start feel some thng moving in your private part this s wen u r n spirit may 3days dried fasting. but wen u get to romans then u begin feel reverse and reinitiation most expecially where paul said ...are able to graft you in again so wen u love to follow paul u get to galatn and begin to receive mark which no one will trouble u again as persecution brethren everythings is secret and spiritual i hav fast dry for 4days reading only new textamt it is love and hatred for mammon thngs that reveal the real jesus to me as baby but the persecution s great my anointn has drench away they quench my spirit, beatn with a wood twice called i hav demon and am mad and now i was to be shawn by christian so i ll be ashame, threaten to come to me with a rod that is why am happy wen i fnd rexben 2 s beta dan 1 i was told to make disciple by batism of the holyspirit so gradually true lovers of christ will emerge i know many love christ but are deceive cus no holy spirit why dey didnt ask with honest repentant it no body fault the trick n error where in the beginn like fall of adam. peter was told to feed us d lamb n sheep three times but what happen great paul came and feed lamb where is peter he believe a man that say he meet christ act9v7 those with him hear the voice bt see no one and wen dey wan arrest am he said act22v9 those with me saw light but hear no voice.. come and start telln paul wrote frm divine wisdom u that dine and learn frm christ himself u are surpose to write to believers first i love paul he is great and sitn with a crown at the right hand of the father who gave prosperity and fame,power,security and all will worship but not those their name is in book of life cus they are choosen they dont love this earth and u also hate jezebel[witches n marine] and burn hr wth fire hmm life he that is leadeth to captivity dey go,bcus he enjoy his life
my christ does not give prosperity,cannot kill,hate. But he is LOVE cus his father is LOVE
come all ye,hate your life and come out from christian your father is wating he is faithful.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 6:39pm On Apr 10, 2016
Scholar8200:
Now let's hear what the primary audience of that charge had to say:

The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
2 [size=15pt]feed the flock of God which is among you[/size], taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
3 neither as being lords over God’s heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

1 Peter 5:1-4
Now, do you know more than Peter? Or, were you there when Jesus spoke those words to him?

Ask Jesus, HE commissioned Peter, a sheep!

Then who was Peter writing to:

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.
1Peter 4:16
14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be ONE flock and ONE shepherd.
Can you see that,Jesus said one flock and one shepherd. He is not the chief shepherd but the only shepherd. One flock and one shepherd. Peter drifted from what Jesus said. One thing that is paramount with men is the desire to rule,some even said they are born to rule. Jesus said you are all brothers,if you want to be the greatest,you must SERVE!!!!!! My question,what did Jesus mean by one flock and one shepherd?
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
easterwick:
where is your location?
Let us find our brethren[sheep]who are gone astray together i was once lost but find and giving authority and power to go inseach for the lost sheep so we can be one i didnt know the scriptures so become taught by God thru d holyspirit first cast out from my church who pray enemie to die read the bible i saw another jesus telling he will protect me and give me riches if follow him but when i refuse somethng begin to manipulate n control me i was beaten and my gament[glory]was tore into two living me wounded my bible got lost i decided to come bck frm my place to my home town to get a bible i was bound by family and thrown me into psychiatric hosptal claiming am mad inside i begin to see how destiny are diverted Gods children so alot to be said my brother we are the peter christ is buildn is church on cus verily the corner stone builders[men of God] has rejected will soon be reveal cus they choose to built on sand.
Bro,i got all what you said. God will begin to strengthen you to follow Jesus.
13 When Jesus came to the area of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14 They answered, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 And Jesus answered him, "You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven! 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Matt 16:13-18.
I tell you Peter (means small stones), on this rock(meaning the revelation of Jesus as the Son of God), i will build my church (ecclesia,the called out ones).
So Jesus disciples or flock are ecclesia i.e the called out ones Matt 16:18, one flock John 10:16,little ones Matthew 10:42 etc.
Jesus disciples are to teach people to obey all that Jesus commandments as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John.
teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Matt 28:20.
Jesus work is to gather His sheep because He is the shepherd.
I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.
John 10:16.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Scholar8200(m): 8:21am On Apr 11, 2016
rexben:
14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be ONE flock and ONE shepherd.
Can you see that,Jesus said one flock and one shepherd. He is not the chief shepherd but the only shepherd. One flock and one shepherd. Peter drifted from what Jesus said. One thing that is paramount with men is the desire to rule,some even said they are born to rule. Jesus said you are all brothers,if you want to be the greatest,you must SERVE!!!!!! My question,what did Jesus mean by one flock and one shepherd?
You accuse Peter, James, Paul etc In one post, Peter was obedient, James and Paul were not; in another Peter was disobedient etc
Repent of your conceitedness!

When Jesus said these, what did HE mean:

He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
Matthew 12:30

Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you
John 20:21

Again Jesus said, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

He answered, “Yes, Lord, you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Take care of my sheep.

John 21:16
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Empiree: 1:46am On Apr 13, 2016
This Is A Scene That I Memorized Back In 2007, And I Phrased It To My Christian Friend At Work, Nick. This Is The Scene That Brought Him To Islam. It Was Fun That Night. When He Got Home After Debates With Me For A Week, I Formatted His Pre-Existing Beliefs About Jesus According To Bible. Since Then, He Can Not Stop Asking Me Questions About Islam. At The End Of The Week, He Is Gradually Changing, Started Talking About Islam With His Wife. His Wife Said "who have you been listening to?". They Had Arguments Back And Fourth And He Finally Told His Wife That He Wants To Be Muslim.

A Month Later, His Wife Accepted Islam After Strong Arguments With Him. Nick Was Only 21 At That Time. They Are Caucacian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR-eWKkWHmU&ebc=ANyPxKr2ulaoPELmzdKbujUI5ASPyufKuIDUhmcE4IcTE__tEPz2Pbh9yaBIg6nzDXvc6IGxiH52&nohtml5=False
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
1 "I tell you the solemn truth, the one who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way, is a thief and a robber. 2 The one who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens the door for him, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own sheep out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they recognize his voice. 5 They will never follow a stranger, but will run away from him, because they do not recognize the stranger's voice." 6 Jesus told them this parable, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. 11 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. 12 The hired hand, who is not a shepherd and does not own sheep, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and runs away. So the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them. 13 Because he is a hired hand and is not concerned about the sheep, he runs away. 14 "I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me - 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd. ] This is why the Father loves me - because I lay down my life, so that I may take it back again. 18 No one takes it away from me, but I lay it down of my own free will. I have the authority to lay it down, and I have the authority to take it back again. This commandment I received from my Father."
John 10:1-18
His sheep will only follow Him(the shepherd). They won't follow a stranger,never. They are loyal and obedient to the end. The will follow His words,voice,teachings only as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2016
42 Jesus replied, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come from God and am now here. I have not come on my own initiative, but he sent me. 43 Why don't you understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot accept my teaching. 44 You people are from your father the devil, and you want to do what your father desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I am telling you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who among you can prove me guilty of any sin? If I am telling you the truth, why don't you believe me? 47 The one who belongs to God listens and responds to God's words. You don't listen and respond, because you don't belong to God."
John 8:42-47.
If you belong to God,then you won't have problem believing in Jesus because He is the son of God and He came to do His Father's will on earth. Continuing in His word and teachings in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John only
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 18, 2016
rexben:
Bro,i got all what you said. God will begin to strengthen you to follow Jesus.
13 When Jesus came to the area of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?" 14 They answered, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." 15 He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" 16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 And Jesus answered him, "You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but my Father in heaven! 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
Matt 16:13-18.
I tell you Peter (means small stones), on this rock(meaning the revelation of Jesus as the Son of God), i will build my church (ecclesia,the called out ones).
So Jesus disciples or flock are ecclesia i.e the called out ones Matt 16:18, one flock John 10:16,little ones Matthew 10:42 etc.
Jesus disciples are to teach people to obey all that Jesus commandments as recorded in Matthew,Mark,Luke and John.
teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Matt 28:20.
Jesus work is to gather His sheep because He is the shepherd.
I have other sheep that do not come from this sheepfold. I must bring them too, and they will listen to my voice, so that there will be one flock and one shepherd.
John 10:16.

I am also one of you and would like to trace back myself to the root
God has blessed me with lots of gifts I wud like to share with those of same calling
Everything you have said on here can only be grasped by those that have been called.
Here is my number 07717678703
If u send me a text on whatsapp or call that wud be nice.
Am based in the UK
Drop me a message pls and i will get back to you
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 9:52am On Apr 18, 2016
drillskillz:

I am also one of you and would like to trace back myself to the root
God has blessed me with lots of gifts I wud like to share with those of same calling
Everything you have said on here can only be grasped by those that have been called.
Here is my number 07717678703
If u send me a text on whatsapp or call that wud be nice.
Am based in the UK
Drop me a message pls and i will get back to you
let me drop my email address, rexben.rb@gmail.com. I will be expecting your message. Thanks
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2016
I know why people even christians don't follow Jesus. It happened first when He came from the father.
Now this is the basis for judging: that the light has come into the world and people loved the darkness rather than the light, because their deeds were evil.
John 3:19.
They don't want to come to light because it will expose their deeds.
The Jews,the Pharisees,Sadducees,scribes did not follow Him.
Even Christians,Pope,Pastors,Apostles,Prophets won't follow Him also.
The devil gave them substitute to follow Jesus,he gave them Saul turned to Paul. He worked very hard for the devil by persecuting Jesus disciples. The devil then promoted him to deceive people by professing to follow Jesus. If you look at paul closely,he was busy antagonising Jesus. He actually went to the gentiles and preached another Jesus,he then cursed anyone who brings another gospel to them. Paul,a useful tool in the hands of the devil
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by easterwick(m): 11:27pm On May 08, 2016
Paul is another jesus all christians are following because he gives them wealth n protection, do you know i was ask to minister in one pastor divition church and he promise to pay me 50k a month but i refuse he now told me that d devil knws the scripture more than me that he leave me to my faith so two things why people refuse to follow jesus christ is poorverty n troubling to death after that they have receive the mark of the dragon in galatian by going to bible school and graduate they will carried judgemental mindset begin hold their enemies to be put to death and deceive people into captivity Apostle john saw this in revelation that is why he said saint should be patient bcus they will lead them the saint(elect) into captivity by worshiping d dragon and destroying a soul with a their sword. It happen to me they almost deceive me that my uncle who is a native doctor is my cause of my troubling dat i should pray he die that now the call of God is upon my life i most be under a mentorship who will train me by going to bible school we all need to be careful most especially wen we are still under parents.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by rexben(m): 1:46pm On May 24, 2016
easterwick:
Paul is another jesus all christians are following because he gives them wealth n protection, do you know i was ask to minister in one pastor divition church and he promise to pay me 50k a month but i refuse he now told me that d devil knws the scripture more than me that he leave me to my faith so two things why people refuse to follow jesus christ is poorverty .
Jesus and wealth,riches are two parallel lines that can never meet. To follow Jesus, you have to denounce riches,possessions. Luke 12:33. He even said His disciples should not lay up treasures here on earth but in heaven. Matthew 6:19-20. It is very hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom heaven says Jesus. Matthew 19:24. Jesus went further to say woe to your who are rich,for you have received your consolation. Luke 6:24.

Jesus ministry was associated with poverty,He came to preach the good news to the poor. Luke 4:18. He even said, blessed are the poor, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Luke 6:20

To lose and hate your life in this world John 12:25,you must be poor. Lets take a brief look at the prodigal son parable. As long as the son still had money to spend,he never remembered home,his father. In a nutshell what was separating the son from the father is WEALTH.

According to the parable (for we know parables talks about the kingdom of God) the father is God,the prodigal son represents we human beings. We need to desire to go home to GOD(not by suicide). That was why Jesus asked us to lay up treasures in heaven Matthew 6:20.
Re: Some Of The Beliefs Of Disciples Of Jesus As Taught By Jesus,the Teacher by Kobojunkie: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
rexben:
Good list you have here!

So have you done what Jesus Christ commands that you do in order to become worthy of Him? undecided
If yes, how long have it been since He first showed up and what has the experience been since then? undecided
If no, why not? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Benson Idahosa Blessed & Prophesied To Young Aliko Dangote / Does God Exist? / Matthew 24:34..."this Generation..." Which Generation Was Jesus Referring?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 188
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.