Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,141 members, 7,811,214 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 (2337 Views)

What Igbos Need To Know About Lagos / What Lagos Yoruba Need To Know About Lagos. / Ameachi Talking About Lagos-calabar Rail To House Of Rep. Aviation Comm. (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by jchima14: 8:55am On Mar 27, 2016
Lagos State is known mostly for hosting one of the most popular cities in Nigeria, Lagos City. But that’s not all about Lagos state. There is so much you probably don’t know about Lagos State. Here is a list of 8 facts that you should know about Lagos State.

1. It is the Smallest State in Nigeria
Of all the 36 Nigerian states, Lagos state is the smallest. It looks absurd but it’s actually true that this is the smallest Nigerian State. This is despite the fact that it hosts one of the most popular cities in Nigeria – Lagos City.

2. The Most Populous State in Nigeria

Though it is the smallest state in the country, Lagos remains the most populous state in the West African country. The country accommodates 1200 new people daily.

3. It has the Tallest Building in West Africa
Lagos state plays host to the tallest building in West Africa. NECOM house towers is the tallest building in the West African region. This building that is located in Lagos is 160m above the city.

4. Nollywood is Centered in Lagos
Africa’s most popular film industry, Nollywood is centered in Lagos. Nearly all the acting scenes in Nigerian movies are in Lagos. It can only be compared to California in the United States.

5. It is a Fast Growing State in the World
Playing host to the city of Lagos, the state of Lagos is considered to be among the fastest growing states in the world. The city of Lagos is responsible for propelling Lagos state to an economic hub.

6. The Longest Bridge in Africa is from the state

Lagos state has the longest bridge in the continent. The bridge connects Lagos Island to the Mainland and it is 11.8km long.

7. Lagos Means ‘Lakes’

The name is said to have been given by a Portuguese explorer, Rui de Sequeira when he visited the area in 1472. There are other affectionate names that Lagos is called though: Eko, Lasgidi, etc.

8. There Is Another Lagos In Portugal

Are you surprised? Yes there is another Lagos in Portugal only it’s not a state but a municipality. It’s a coastal town with a much smaller population compared to the Lagos in Nigeria.

SOURCE: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/lifestyle/item/6484-8-amazing-yet-unbelievable-facts-about-lagos-state-most-people-don-t-know-no-7
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Kingsasian(m): 9:13am On Mar 27, 2016
Interesting.
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by chriskosherbal(m): 9:15am On Mar 27, 2016
Lagos city is indeed a force to reckon with.
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Daughterzion(f): 9:37am On Mar 27, 2016
but i believed them
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by phunbyt(m): 9:42am On Mar 27, 2016
Nice one OP

*Attention*
Ladies and gentlemen we are on our way to FP pls buckle up, cis its gonna be a bumpy ride.

2 Likes

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Ariani: 9:48am On Mar 27, 2016
phunbyt:
Nice one OP

*Attention*
Ladies and gentlemen we are on our way to FP pls buckle up, cis its gonna be a bumpy ride.

Make I buy land space here.
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by seunmsg(m): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2016
God bless Yorubaland.

Eko oni baje o!

3 Likes

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by excellencyabia1: 9:52am On Mar 27, 2016
Smallest but booming. What is the benefit of being big or large with nothing.

1 Like

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by swtdrms(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2016
Lagos, a country within a country.
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by seunny4lif(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2016
grin grin
State with the highest touts
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by BlackPeni5: 10:10am On Mar 27, 2016
9. Lagos is also known as No Man's Land. Since it belongs to Ipod, Fulani and others. However some youruba settlers have been allowed to live there as well.

3 Likes

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Houseofglam7(f): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2016
Front page material!!!!

Lalasticlala, where art thou?

1 Like

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by seunmsg(m): 10:30am On Mar 27, 2016
BlackPeni5:
9. Lagos is also known as No Man's Land. Since it belongs to Ipod, Fulani and others. However some youruba settlers have been allowed to live there as well.

Eeyah, if wishes were horses, ipobians would ride all over the world proclaiming their ownership of Lagos. Unfortunately, the opposite is the case.

Good bless Lagos role in promoting Nigeria's unity, the day ipob stop claiming Lagos, then the end has come for the country. Post like the above shows we remain one Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Twizzy30(m): 11:17am On Mar 27, 2016
Hit The Like Button If You Are A #Lagosian

1 Like

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by slimfit1(m): 11:23am On Mar 27, 2016
Thanks for unnecessary social studies
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by tayooluwole: 11:38am On Mar 27, 2016
BlackPeni5:

In the voice of IPOB who never step to lag before, Lagos is no man's land. Igbos is accountable to the 45% of lagos population and economy. While the yorubas and d rest 249 tribes or there about shares the remaining percent...lol... I love Igbo people for their doggedness in claiming other people's territory through mouth action...

3 Likes

Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Blackfire(m): 11:59am On Mar 27, 2016
Lagos is a NO MANS LAND... Ok wait before una stone me.
Lagos is ALL MANS LAND.
*TAKES COVER, BEHIND EASTER CHICKEN*
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by silentachieverr(m): 12:09pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lagos is the economic capital of Nigeria and Lagosians are very smart. Whenever i go to other states in the country i can't help but wonder how the residents there can survive in Lagos coz they take things very slowly, no ginger at all.
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Torch1(m): 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
What's unbelievable here?
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Dymaco(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2016
BlackPeni5:

Guy wear your bashing helmet
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 27, 2016
tayooluwole:

In the voice of IPOB who never step to lag before, Lagos is no man's land. Igbos is accountable to the 45% of lagos population and economy. While the yorubas and d rest 249 tribes or there about shares the remaining percent...lol... I love Igbo people for their doggedness in claiming other people's territory through mouth action...
look at the trash you just spewed
.its obvious you were a Dumbo in school ... Lagos is a Yoruba state,its indigenes are known as "Awori" and "Egun" which are subsidiaries of the Yoruba tribe... and Yoruba account for 50% of Lagos' population ... the most widely spoken language in Lagos is Yoruba .. so WTF are you saying?
Note:I am not Yoruba ... but I stand for truth
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by tayooluwole: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2016
CaptainECole:
look at the trash you just spewed
.its obvious you were a Dumbo in school ... Lagos is a Yoruba state,its indigenes are known as "Awori" and "Egun" which are subsidiaries of the Yoruba tribe... and Yoruba account for 50% of Lagos' population ... the most widely spoken language in Lagos is Yoruba .. so WTF are you saying?
Note:I am not Yoruba ... but I stand for truth

You don't seem to understand the message I am passing across and you rush to pass comment... Try to read again. The message is purely to laugh at igbos claiming lagos to be no man's land... Mind you, I am a typical yoruba and Lagos solely belongs to the yorubas...
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by arewaboy(m): 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
I found no 2 quite amusing.. Is Lagos officially the most populated state in Nigeria?
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by ademasta(m): 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cool
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Toro2015(m): 2:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Lagos, a mega city of slum famous for its squalid congestion and filth.
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by saintkeppy(m): 3:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
arewaboy:
I found no 2 quite amusing..
Is Lagos officially the most populated state in Nigeria?
. I know u are finding it funny cos of 2006 census reports, where Kano was placed ahead of Lagos interms of highest population ranking bros like seriously over-population dey worry Lasgidi or abi make we wait till next year(2017) for a new census report?
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
tayooluwole:

You don't seem to understand the message I am passing across and you rush to pass comment... Try to read again. The message is purely to laugh at igbos claiming lagos to be no man's land... Mind you, I am a typical yoruba and Lagos solely belongs to the yorubas...
ok.. am sorry..probably I misinterpreted you
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Sunofgod(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
10) Lagos stinks - be prepared if your flying in from a foreign country!

Its the first thing you'll notice - guaranteed!
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by SageTravels: 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
I concur
Re: 8 AMAZING Yet UNBELIEVABLE Facts About Lagos State - Many Don't Know No.7 by Boland(m): 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
BlackPeni5:
Lol.. And it has always been Governed by the Yoruba settlers..

Wake up man, it's dawn!

(1) (Reply)

Prices Are Getting Better Under General Buhari / Fayose Visits Oba James Adewumi Ajibade Of Ikole-Ekiti(photos) / See Photos Of Owner Of Igberetvnews In Biafra Ware With His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.