Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? (20493 Views)

Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. / Help A Novice In Dog Breeding For Security / The Truth We Never Knew About Dog Breeding (for Business Operators). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by gretblue: 3:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
dacovajnr:
Use dog train you? This one hard ooo! grin
Nairalander with bad mouth since 1924. I hail una
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
greggng:
I once loaned my dog to someone and that's the last time I saw my dog. The story is like ese oruru case. The only difference was that he took a picture of my dog while sleeping and informed me he died. The only evidence was the picture show me the body no way. Show me grave make I go do forensic no way.

What breed Sire
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Bbklopsy: 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
Hey, you'd better find out from them if it is profitable before you jump into the business. You never can tell the real source of income of an average Nigerian who looks rich. Dog Breeding could just be for cover up. smiley
fact
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][img][/img][url][/url][color=][/color]
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
gretblue:

Nairalander with bad mouth since 1924. I hail una
[size=18pt]as I no understand nko[/size]

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by adepiero: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
Holyfield1:
Sorry for disturbing you, I didn't see such on nairaland fonts...do I have to download it or, I just don't get it
you just need to type it to make it work. the comment should be in between the brackets[font=serif] [/font]
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
[img][/img] I get bingos for sale. 100k each
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by AntiWailer: 4:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojay2053:
. Baba, abeg which breed is that?

Beautiful Lhassa Apso.

Pure Breed
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Originalsly: 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
Hmmm.......what is new about this?...making money off of ehmmm....bitches having sex?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by greggng: 4:05pm On Mar 27, 2016
Unfortunately I don't knw the breed but let me describe. You know those white dogs like parlor dogs with beautiful white hairs. They grow like dwarf. With this u can help me with the breed

dacovajnr:
What breed Sire
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Generalkorex(m): 4:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
greggng:

Unfortunately I don't knw the breed but let me describe. You know those white dogs like parlor dogs with beautiful white hairs. They grow like dwarf. With this u can help me with the breed
I dnt knw the breed either but I'v seen the breeds times without numbers
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
greggng:

Ilhasa apso I guess
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by pomide(m): 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
ITS NOT LUCRATIVE!
My Boerbell gave birth and ate all her puppies over night! My oda terrier gave birth to 5pups... 3 died from a virus dt almost killed the mother during breastfeeding. People love the other two, but want dem for free! I had to dash my girlfriend one.

I've stopped any breeding program for life... and concentrated on loving the bitchess

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by ojay2053(m): 4:15pm On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

Beautiful Lhassa Apso.

Pure Breed
. They are indeed beautiful. Is the demand high here in naija?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by greggng: 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
I love that dog like mad eventhough must of my friends accuse me of being a lady for having such a pet. Despite her smallness her barking will chase a dangerous thief away. Very active. I am working at getting two of it a male and a female.

Generalkorex:

I dnt knw the breed either but I'v seen the breeds times without numbers
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by AntiWailer: 4:18pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojay2053:
. They are indeed beautiful. Is the demand high here in naija?

I honestly don't know but when you take good care of it everybody want to collect it from you.

Some one once offered me 100k @ shoprite when the daughter begged him to talk to me.

I told him NO and collected his number. He was one of the people that bought one of my puppies for 85K.

Remember i did not buy it for any profit reason.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by pomide(m): 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Its Not Lucrative! My Boerbell gave birth n ate all her pups overnight. My oda terrier delivered 5 pups... 3 died from a virus that almost even killed d mother during weaning! peeps like d remaining two buh want them for free! I just had to dash one to bae!
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by AntiWailer: 4:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
greggng:

That is a Lhassa Apso. My kind of dogs

They are awesome.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Generalkorex(m): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
greggng:
I love that dog like mad eventhough must of my friends accuse me of being a lady for having such a pet. Despite her smallness her barking will chase a dangerous thief away. Very active. I am working at getting two of it a male and a female.

those breeds can bark ehn
and they can run for africa

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by kayo80(m): 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

Like I said earlier, I am not a breeder.

She was just my very good friend and she eats Chicken, Beef, boiled egg majorly. She rejected all dog food
(I spoilt her, i guess)

The breed generally likes a lot of attention but they are one of the smartest dogs around.

When well trained and taken care of, u av ur money bag there.

Okay. Thanks for this information.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by ikorodureporta: 5:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
With all these dog stories, no single Pishure undecided ....except the one from IKOTUN grin
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by stagger: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
pomide:
ITS NOT LUCRATIVE!
My Boerbell gave birth and ate all her puppies over night! My oda terrier gave birth to 5pups... 3 died from a virus dt almost killed the mother during breastfeeding. People love the other two, but want dem for free! I had to dash my girlfriend one.

I've stopped any breeding program for life... and concentrated on loving the bitchess

You have to feed the dog extra during and after childbirth or it will eat its puppies. Many animals will do this if they are hungry. Also, the parvovirus in fection could have been prevented with the appropriate vaccine and treatment. Many people do not use certified vets.

If you want to breed dogs for money, you have to be prepared to spend money to keep them fed and healthy.

4 Likes

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by ojay2053(m): 5:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

I honestly don't know but when you take good care of it everybody want to collect it from you.

Some one once offered me 100k @ shoprite when the daughter begged him to talk to me.

I told him NO and collected his number. He was one of the people that bought one of my puppies for 85K.

. I personally love dogs, and we have alsatian breed in our family house, I've been thinking of the breed to buy for myself that is naturally intelligent and beautiful.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by ojay2053(m): 5:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

. I personally love dogs, and we have alsatian breed in our family house, I've been thinking of the breed to buy for myself that is naturally intelligent/smart and beautiful.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by oz4real83(m): 6:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
My very close friend's dog has been eating eba,rice,amala,akpu,yam and plantain for many months now. I don't think my friend has given the dog any meat for the past 5months. Is that dog still a carnivore? I dey wonder o!
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by diva90: 6:38pm On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

Yes it is.

My pet dog littered 6puppies.

the least was sold for 70k.

N:B I am not a breeder, i just take care of my baby and she littered.

I bought her for 80k

It's really a good business especially if it's a fine foreign breed.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by nma4god(f): 7:02pm On Mar 27, 2016
teejaypee:
Damn. . My love for animals makes me wanna read veterinary medicine
come join us
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by macho44(m): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
swiftfunds:
it's lucrative o.....my senior brother has plenty of them he uses it to train us in school
U must be from "Akwa-Ibom" Lol.
www.gossipmirrors.com
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by teejaypee: 8:10pm On Mar 27, 2016
nma4god:
come join us
. . Where are you studying ? smiley
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by AntiWailer: 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2016
diva90:

It's really a good business especially if it's a fine foreign breed.

Yes you are right.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Cybertext(m): 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Generalkorex:
I want to ask if the business is very lucrative.
I know of 2 guys in my area. Whose use good cars and live in a good apartment.
And they are dog breeders.
They have different breeds.

Dog business here in Jos is one of the most lucrative business aside poultry farming, I know a certain guy that makes millions yearly as profit from dog business, he recently imported a Caucasian puppy (male) for about 450k naira,... your location might not really matter in rearing a dog,some of the important factors in having a successful dog farm is : the breed of the dog, space, feeding, treatment, care, and most importantly demand and supply.

2 Likes

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Cybertext(m): 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2016
ojay2053:
. I personally love dogs, and we have alsatian breed in our family house, I've been thinking of the breed to buy for myself that is naturally intelligent/smart and beautiful.

Try a Caucasian, or Russian Shepherd,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria / Boerboel, Rottweiler And Pitbull , Which Do You Think Is Better ???! / Pedigree German Sherpherd Dogs For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.