Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,100 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? (20494 Views)

Advise For Someone Who Wish To Go Into Dog Breeding Business. / Help A Novice In Dog Breeding For Security / The Truth We Never Knew About Dog Breeding (for Business Operators). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by krak101(m): 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
dacovajnr:
lolx nazo lah.you fit accept?
... Nah. Dog business is not all about getting dogs. The most difficult parts feeding n fending for them
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by OCTAVO: 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
Hey, you'd better find out from them if it is profitable before you jump into the business. You never can tell the real source of income of an average Nigerian who looks rich. Dog Breeding could just be for cover up. smiley
Very intelligent comment! I've seen so many people with cover-up businesses.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by madgoat(m): 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
Generalkorex:
I want to ask if the business is very lucrative.
I know of 2 guys in my area. Whose use good cars and live in a good apartment.
And they are dog breeders.
They have different breeds.

Number 1 mistake is u are already comparing ur proposed business to pple who u assume are apparently doing well in d business. Appearance is deceptive so dnt be deceived by their apparent wealthy life style. For all u knw, the money might not be frm dog breeding.

N.B : for u to actually live large from dog breeding, make sure u av quite a number of pure breed dogs.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by madgoat(m): 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
GreenWhiteGreen:
Hey, you'd better find out from them if it is profitable before you jump into the business. You never can tell the real source of income of an average Nigerian who looks rich. Dog Breeding could just be for cover up. smiley

Exactly..... Especially yahoo boys
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by ojay2053(m): 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Cybertext:

Try a Caucasian, or Russian Shepherd,
thanks, sir.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
krak101:
... Nah. Dog business is not all about getting dogs. The most difficult parts feeding n fending for them
Well Feeding and Fending isn't a problem...I have 5 dogs presently but not just the kind I would love to breed bro
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by saintruky(m): 10:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Please wats the necessary criteria to look out for when wanting to buy a dog?... Irrespective of breed
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Arckeen: 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2016
AntiWailer:

Yes it is.

My pet dog littered 6puppies.

the least was sold for 70k.

N:B I am not a breeder, i just take care of my baby and she littered.

I bought her for 80k
Lhasa right ?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Godsonkemz(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Its a very lucrative business however, just like any other animal husbandry, it has its own risk. I've been into this business since 2009. Two of the greatest challenge in this business are seasonal epidemic that often comes during harmattan and dry weather when there's limited water supply and dirty and untreated environment which can trigger diseases. Though some species like rott, dobberman, german shepherds also known as assersian dogs, cockesian and some species of mastiff may survive the harsh weather unlike greatden, pitbull among the rest. Rott and bull mastiff easily adapt but bull mastiff can empty ur food bank within a space of time. As skinny as dobberman may look, it can run very swift very good for security though mine only bark and allows rott to do the rest. These three are my favorites because dey can deliver.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by nma4god(f): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2016
teejaypee:
. . Where are you studying ? smiley
MOUAU
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by fisfat(m): 3:26am On Mar 28, 2016
AntiWailer:

I paid 15k to get my dog laid.

bought her for 80k a while ago.

she littered 6puppies

and i sold the least for 70k, others are 80/85 cos they are very beautiful.

Sorry for my question.
Where do you base?
How did you sell them? I mean ur major selling point. Is it for the police or who are your main buyers? Whats the breed of your dog? Thanks
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by krak101(m): 5:51am On Mar 28, 2016
dacovajnr:
Well Feeding and Fending isn't a problem...I have 5 dogs presently but not just the kind I would love to breed bro
... The type you'd love to breed requires a special kinda feeding. I have two Neapolitan Mastiffs and I know how much I spend just to get a good result. It's not easy. Trust me
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by LannisterIMP: 7:03am On Mar 28, 2016
AntiWailer:

I paid 15k to get my dog laid.

bought her for 80k a while ago.

she littered 6puppies

and i sold the least for 70k, others are 80/85 cos they are very beautiful.

@House @Seun pls I need a Pure Breed of GSD or Labador.
Any one with info or Reference DM/Inbox me or on Whatsapp/Viber pls.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by AntiWailer: 7:19am On Mar 28, 2016
fisfat:

Sorry for my question.
Where do you base?
How did you sell them? I mean ur major selling point. Is it for the police or who are your main buyers? Whats the breed of your dog? Thanks

They are beautiful Lasha Apso. A foriegn breed and a toy dog.

My Vet got 3 buyers. Your vet is a major key, so always show your vet you value your dog so much.

I work for a big firm and I got 2 people to buy by calling sending pictures to their children and girl friend.

The other one is from a friend who knew another person etc.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by AntiWailer: 7:21am On Mar 28, 2016
Arckeen:
Lhasa right ?

yes boss
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2016
krak101:
... The type you'd love to breed requires a special kinda feeding. I have two Neapolitan Mastiffs and I know how much I spend just to get a good result. It's not easy. Trust me
Yea Bro I think you are Right my Dogs are actually Jack Russell Terrier and I don't think Such dogs are in Demand here..coz they are considered to be Local like Mongrel..are you a breeder?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Holyfield1(m): 8:25am On Mar 28, 2016
adepiero:

you just need to type it to make it work. the comment should be in between the brackets[font=serif] [/font]
Wow, I got it yaaaayyyyyy.....Thanks a bunch grin grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I got it, I'm happy

1 Like

Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Sharon6(f): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2016
testing my font
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by Sharon6(f): 8:55am On Mar 28, 2016
testing my font
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by adepiero: 8:58am On Mar 28, 2016
Holyfield1:
Wow, I got it yaaaayyyyyy.....Thanks a bunch grin grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Glad i could help wink
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by krak101(m): 9:19am On Mar 28, 2016
dacovajnr:
Yea Bro I think you are Right my Dogs are actually Jack Russell Terrier and I don't think Such dogs are in Demand here..coz they are considered to be Local like Mongrel..are you a breeder?
... Not really
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 9:33am On Mar 28, 2016
krak101:
... Not really
it would've been more helpful if you're One..Do you sell your pup when your Dam litters?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by krak101(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2016
dacovajnr:
it would've been more helpful if you're One..Do you sell your pup when your Dam litters?
They're yet to litter. YES. Am looking forward to cashing in on my investment.
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 10:38am On Mar 28, 2016
krak101:
They're yet to litter. YES. Am looking forward to cashing in on my investment.
Can you gimme one @ giveaway price preferably a stud atleast atleast to kickstart my journey offering stud service embarassed
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by krak101(m): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2016
dacovajnr:
Can you gimme one @ giveaway price preferably a stud atleast atleast to kickstart my journey offering stud service embarassed
My bro in dog business... Nothings free. That's why I said earlier dog breeders are like ritualists. Until then sha hopefully I'll show them puppies
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by teejaypee: 10:54am On Mar 28, 2016
nma4god:
MOUAU
. That's cool . I applied Unijos though .

What level are u ?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by dacovajnr: 11:00am On Mar 28, 2016
krak101:
My bro in dog business... Nothings free. That's why I said earlier dog breeders are like ritualists. Until then sha hopefully I'll show them puppies
You are right sha...drop me your digit or is your email active?
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by nma4god(f): 7:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
teejaypee:
. That's cool . I applied Unijos though .

What level are u ?
200level .....were u offered admission??
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by teejaypee: 9:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
nma4god:
200level .....were u offered admission??
. . .

Nope oh

last year jamb . Had 223. Was not offered admission into UNN.
Vet med

so this year i took jamb again had 277 vet med unijos. .
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by nma4god(f): 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
teejaypee:
. . .

Nope oh

last year jamb . Had 223. Was not offered admission into UNN.
Vet med

so this year i took jamb again had 277 vet med unijos. .
wooooow.......yet u didn't get it?? .....u do love this course pretty much....
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by teejaypee: 9:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
nma4god:
wooooow.......yet u didn't get it?? .....u do love this course pretty much....
. .
This present jamb i wrote, i'm sure i'd get it by God's grace .

Though If i had applied unijos the first time i would have been admitted by now .
Re: Is Dog Breeding That Lucrative? by nma4god(f): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
teejaypee:
. .
This present jamb i wrote, i'm sure i'd get it by God's grace .

Though If i had applied unijos the first time i would have been admitted by now .

amen to that......just go n get ready for school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria / Boerboel, Rottweiler And Pitbull , Which Do You Think Is Better ???! / Pedigree German Sherpherd Dogs For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.