Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,585 members, 7,958,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? (1040 Views)

Ibo Made Shoes Becoming Proud Of Its Brand. (pix). / The Word WAHALA!! Is It A Yoruba,hausa Or An Ibo Word? / Attention Mods: The Problem With Nairaland 2. (romance Section Please) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by onyeben: 5:47pm On Jul 25, 2009
I keep asking myself What the problem is with ibo girls nowadays. Before i say my bit on this issue, i want to say i am a confirmed ibo guy from Anambra state. I remember a friend of mine a girl(yoruba) asked me a similar question, of which she also asked "Why are more ibo guys dating yoruba girls and even marrying them". I had to tell her that ibo guys are more charming, goodlookin, appealing, caring, financially more bouyant etc. But when my friends and i sat down to analyse it. We found out that more yoruba girls are finding the heart of ibo guys. I have an ibo friend, 2 to be exact who said they will never marry an ibo girl. Of course they've had terrible experiences in the hands of ibo girls. I myself i've been dating a yoruba girl for quite a while, aside from this amongst the girls i've dated and without boasting i've been with quite a few the yoruba girls in my life have all come out tops. The ibo's have been my worst experiences. I've noticed ibo girls are too proud, not too respectful, selfish, and God help the guy if he doesn't have money they and her family treat him like sh*t, even if he does have money she still thinks he doesn't have enough.

No disrespect to ibo girls out there cos i know there are a few good ones. But my fear is What's becomin of our ibo girls, especially nowadays. Cos the ibo brothers are getting away, and i know an ibo brother can get away with bringing a yoruba girl home, BUT GOD HELP A SISTER TO BRING A YORUBA GUY HOME. SHE'S GOT TO BE READY FOR WAR!

SO WILL THE REAL IBO GIRL PLEASE STAND UP!
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by methodman(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2009
D worst of d tribe is Calabar.
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by eyonigger(m): 12:57pm On Jul 26, 2009
Its a cross over a thingy, the same goes to Yoruba guys, you see alot of them dating/marrying ibo girls. Just like me grin
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by queentayo: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
My brother is happily married to an ibo girl.
Have got quite a number of female yoruba friends happily married to ibo guys as well
So I absolutely agree with eyonigger

I think its about the Person, Upbringing, Exposure, Values, and sometimes religion.
As long as we all remember the other person is a Human beign/individual 1st and not a tribe or religion(it does matter but its secondary) It would then be easier to have an open mind to get to know such persons before stigmatising/stereotyping

You'll find out in most homes of the same tribe, there are different practises and interpreatation of culture and tradition,

Onyeben, i wish you the best, whether Ibo, Yoruba, Calabar or Hausa girl.
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by Donvilo(m): 8:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
Well, as for me. I would say that there is nothing wrong with ibo ladies. It's just that most of them weren't brought up properly in their respective homes. But all the same, there are some good ibo girls out there waiting 4 a man to and take them. Unfortunately, not every ibo guy is lucky to meet these girls.
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by Rebarobyn: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2009
people differ, not all igbos are money conscious and not all yorubas are respectful, its about finding the right person
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by PurestBoy(m): 5:58am On Jul 28, 2009
Another bastard Igboman showing his lunacy,
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 28, 2009
Onyeben!onyeben!onyeben!how many times did i call u?stop this!it is TRIBALISM.u are not an ibo.but if u are.u are disgrace 2 d whole igboland and deserves 2b treated as an outcast.delete dis thread u fool!
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2009
lol, please it's all down to preference. I'm not in any way drawn to ibo guys and its not a crime. My mum adored my last bf who is Yoruba and she wouldn't mind me marrying him.
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
onyeben:

I keep asking myself What the problem is with ibo girls nowadays. Before i say my bit on this issue, i want to say i am a confirmed ibo guy from Anambra state. I remember a friend of mine a girl(yoruba) asked me a similar question, of which she also asked "Why are more ibo guys dating yoruba girls and even marrying them". I had to tell her that ibo guys are more charming, goodlookin, appealing, caring, financially more bouyant etc. But when my friends and i sat down to analyse it. We found out that more yoruba girls are finding the heart of ibo guys. I have an ibo friend, 2 to be exact who said they will never marry an ibo girl. Of course they've had terrible experiences in the hands of ibo girls. I myself i've been dating a yoruba girl for quite a while, aside from this amongst the girls i've dated and without boasting i've been with quite a few the yoruba girls in my life have all come out tops. The ibo's have been my worst experiences. I've noticed ibo girls are too proud, not too respectful, selfish, and God help the guy if he doesn't have money they and her family treat him like sh*t, even if he does have money she still thinks he doesn't have enough.

No disrespect to ibo girls out there cos i know there are a few good ones. But my fear is What's becomin of our ibo girls, especially nowadays. Cos the ibo brothers are getting away, and i know an ibo brother can get away with bringing a yoruba girl home, BUT GOD HELP A SISTER TO BRING A YORUBA GUY HOME. SHE'S GOT TO BE READY FOR WAR!

SO WILL THE REAL IBO GIRL PLEASE STAND UP!

Could you define an IBO GIRL?
What you have described is simply nothing but LAGOS GIRLS. Has nothing to do with the tribe.
Most of the girls you met were probably bred in Lagos. The only connection they have with their tribe is that they go home during xmas. Some have never been home. Some don't even speak their language.
You are a product of your environment. If you are looking for an IBO girl. Why don't you go to an IBO state to find someone that is really IBO. Just hope you don't land in the hands of a gold digger. Anyway, you are okay with any woman as long as you are compatible
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by onyeben: 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2009
PurestBoy:

Another bastard Igboman showing his lunacy,
PurestBoy or wateva the f**k is ur name. There is really no need for name callin. U should just air ur opinion and get on with ur business. i wonder if u even understood the thread. I'm just airing my personal opinion both from personal experience and other experiences.
Re: What's The Problem With Ibo Girls? by Oluschenco(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2009
onyeben:

PurestBoy or wateva the f**k is ur name. There is really no need for name callin. U should just air ur opinion and get on with ur business. i wonder if u even understood the thread. I'm just airing my personal opinion both from personal experience and other experiences.

Why lunacy? is it because he has revealed the reason why your sisters' are still at your fathers house?

(1) (Reply)

Ended / Mr.cork / What Is Happening To Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.