Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,587 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year (60229 Views)

Fuel Tanker Crashes In Cross River State As Residents Rush With Gallons. Photos / Man Killed In Fatal Car Accident Due To Bad Road In Cross River State. Photos / Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by OyiboUgbo04: 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2017
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
dins4real:
cool grin grin angry cool grin grin cheesy

Op, u are too much. All of ur observations were on point. In cross river, they have more than 33 local dialect. I serve in Boki East July 2011/ June 2012. In boki alone, they have different dialect, to the extend that a person in wula can't understand someone in bateriko, same in boki east.
On my last count, I am being in Cross river for more than 6 times after service. Oh boy that place is sweet die. I tell u.
Can't wait to go there again and get entertained!!! grin grin

I'll love to spend like a week of my leave there smiley
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 12:08pm On Jun 14, 2020

cry

There are better tinz to do in Calabar besides the girls jare...You can visit Marina resort, where you can sip fruit juice or Cold beer by the sea, thereafter, you can visit the Slave History Museum at the resort... You fit cry inside the museum after you watch the short movie wey dey dem show inside that museum, before you go from one dark room to another where first class art works of slaves are on display with soft background slave music....Its first class, compared to what i saw in both Togo and Ghana...#Trash..My favourite is the Airport Joint! Chai, That airport dey full from 4pm upwards...joints every where with correct fish, assorted suya and beer on the lush green grass. If you are kinky,and less-Pastoral, You might as well want to visit Flour Mills on Muritala Muhammad way at night for some Exotic Calabar Calabar flavoured quickie...lol..*runs out of thread*

What's kinky about them? Abeg nack me tory as I'll love to spend like a week of my leave there smiley
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 12:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
JaypeeAnics:
you forgot to mention dat d ppl so much hates APC and loves PDP...
ITS A PDP STATE.

It means they'll prolly hate muslims a lot also...
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 12:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
WoodcrestMayor:
U can say that again...I was there some weeks back for 5nights...forgot abt Lagos completely smiley

I will be back there cool

Bro abeg nack me tory meen...
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
These observations are spot on. coincidentally, I served with the Op in the same community in Bekwarra (Abuana/Apakpa). My service year remains the wildest period of my life. I explored to the fullest. I toured all but Bakassi LGA of the state. I remember my first trip to Obudu ranch, on Peter's bike, a student in the sch I taught,...I was wow! My mind was blown by the beauty of the ranch...my sim changed from MTN NG to MTN CAM...Cameroon... so close to Cameroon. I had to invite bae from Lagos so we could visit together.... glad she had a blast! If you love nature...You ought to visit that place before you die.... My favorite part of living in Bekwarra was the fresh unequalled undiluted palmie....straight from the source... Gosh! Imagine taking palmie early momo before going to teach your students... wey be say dem self don dey OK before dem come sch...mehn...una go just synchronize...dey float for class...anything wey you teach them, ask them...Do you understand?...Yes Sir! No time to check time. I still have a Family in Bekwarra... The ADIE Family. I love them wholeheartedly, they love me like a son. I ate 3 square meal on the same table with the family... wen food don...dey go call me ' Corper Wale food don done o'. The whole family shed tears the day they organized a small sent forth for me...Op cried too...lol...I cried too...I remember Corper Endurance weeping like a baby...mehn...the bond was so strong. That's the essence of NYSC if you ask me. I played my part to develop the community through my CDS Project....as I was the President of my CDS then...Op too contributed his part in building the community. didn't witness a single wedding ceremony. Burial...called Bury....is a way of life in that part of the world...People dey die like chicken...Bury is always celebrated in a Big way, irrespective of who died. Akpu must be eaten daily, otherwise they will fall sick...lol...Education is not taken seriously as we do here in the west. Somebody is always giving somebody belle...lol. Their girls like Corpers naturally... Maybe its the Uniform...lol...Mothers always trust corpers with their daughters. I ate Dog meat for the first time in this community...Snake meat too....ahh...i hate snake...but, i love the meat..#Peppered!. They love football...They love intellectuals..if you are one, they will all shut up and listen to you when you are talking....They also have their bad sides...but, who doesn't? ..I didn't even miss lag all through. Will I serve in Bekwarra again? YES!!! Incidentally, i just got off the phone with one member of the ADIE family. Dolapo God bless you for this post....You made me reminisce this afternoon...I still shed a tear...don't even know why....and I don't know this people from Adam....God bless NYSC for this priceless opportunity!

Which swimming pool is your last picture?
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 1:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Zeusd3:

This post is so right I served in bansara, ogoja. N transport fee to igoli from bansara is close #1000 n I have to go 2 clearance. To clarify us all it was July 5th nt 2nd...
You forget to mention that an average women in cross river is slim shade.... U hardly find a fat woman (calabar nt included).
The average age of having sex is 12 years of age....N early marriage is a norm there.....

I almost redeployed because of ishibori girls...truth to God...

Hanhan, wetin dey do you now?
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by PaulH07: 2:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
freshvine:
Swim some Rivers in ogoja and die. The water spirits or rather cult group will take you and even tell your rescuers when to come for your corpse if they'd think you're just drowning?

Only in ogoja I try urinating in a gutter and to my amazement live band was playing as the water travelled down the gutter after heavy down pour.

Which kain lie be this one oh...maybe na hallucination you dey get be that...
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by lebete3000: 8:41pm On Dec 31, 2020
bord:
Everything you mentioned as observation is nothing but the truth. I served in Cross River State, Ikom LGA. I attended burial like madt. And yes, i came across some barbaric people and presupposed witches but apart from that Cross River State is very peaceful and loving. Just that it was rain water I drank for the better part of my stay there. Cos most sachet pure water transported to our village were expired ones. I had one of my best times there though

Do you mean Ikom is a village?
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by cenaman(m): 5:00am On Oct 01, 2023
Nitefury:
Nice one op. But I'll make some corrections. It's Agbakpa and not Akpakpa. And Agbakpa is Ogoja while Afrike 1 (a.ka. Okpeche) is Bekwarra.
the op is right, Akpakpa is in Bekwarra, while Abakpa is in Ogoja.

Nothing like Agbakpa in Ogoja.
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by cenaman(m): 5:11am On Oct 01, 2023
freshvine:

I stayed at ogon street, Port Harcourt street and mission road. Do you know Stephen Amama?
You are from Ogoja??
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by cenaman(m): 5:24am On Oct 01, 2023
invectives:
you like to argue!! Abakpa is in Ogoja while Akpakpa is in Bekwarra after abuochiche.
waoo! Are you from Bekwarra?
Re: 10 Things I Learnt About Cross River State During My Service Year by cenaman(m): 5:30am On Oct 01, 2023
donem:

@ bolded legor idiagbo is an Hon. in house of reps, not a senator.
So my people full nairaland grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okada Man Overtaking A Tanker Involved In Accident In Lagos,1 Killed (Graphic Pi / Lockdown: Warri In Pictures Today / These Ten Countries Can Sell Citizenship To You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.