Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,492 members, 7,861,415 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

Where Is The End Of Our Suffering? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The End Of Our Suffering? (380 Views)

END Of The APC In Lagos State - Displaced Slum Dweller Claims / Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post / Suffering And Smiling: Nigerians Blast I Stand With Buhari Group (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The End Of Our Suffering? by junnyjake(m): 2:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
With recent happenings in the country, many find it very difficult to smile given the unfavorable twist of events especially on the poor and underprivileged masses.
No day would you put on your TV, radio, or log on to the internet in search of good news would you feel relieved, it's either one bad news or the other, and we begin to question ourselves what is happening? Where did we go wrong? What can we do in spite of our cascading back to the dark ages?
Everyday we hear news of policies unfavourable to the poor, which makes one start to question the sensitivity of the government towards its people.
The change many hoped to see when they queued to desperately vote out the incumbent government of then, is not what is manifesting today.
I live in the north, and during the election I campaigned against the present government, caz my attention was on the candidate which I knew had nothing special to offer, I was resisted by many, but the few that saw things my way would have reasons to reiterate their stand.
With taxation the source in which this government are willing to harness, many can rightly say ‘the hard times are here.’ it was the stamp duty on every deposit above 1000 naira, then the increase in electricity tariff, as if that is not enough, the most recent proposal to implement tax of 9% on call, SMS, mobile data among others.
Many may say, before the passage of the bill, the national assembly would have to approve of it - that which is true, but what really sickens me the most is the existence of the bill in the first place.
The national assembly which is now termed a gathering of beer parlor discussion which I won't totally disagree with, is lacking the trust of the people they are representing, with the case of misplaced priorities - how more can you relate to the frivolous petition bill aka the social media bill, or the bill that gives men the go ahead to marry more than one wife amidst the economic crisis we are currently experiencing.
I end by asking God to help us, caz looking up to our leaders many would die of hypertension.
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Where Is The End Of Our Suffering? by ernecy(m): 2:44pm On Mar 27, 2016
My dear, it's only getting worse, we just getting started.

(1) (Reply)

Leave Buratai And Our Military Alone / Buhari Jets Out To US On Wednesday For 4th Nuclear Security Summit / Boko Haram‘we Are Fighting Sect Not Shekau,’ Nigerian Army Says(details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.