Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post (16051 Views)

Boko Haram Victims Funds: Buhari Speaks On Wrongdoings, Vows To Punish Culprits / Why Nigeria, Its People, Are Suffering — Buhari / Soldiers Lead Boko Haram Victims Back To Their Base In Borno State. See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by mamabomboy: 9:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
NAIROBI — Thousands of Boko Haram victims are on the verge of starvation in northeastern Nigeria, months after being rescued from the radical Islamist group, the aid group Doctors Without Borders said on Wednesday.

At a remote camp of 24,000 displaced people in the city of Bama, an average of six people have died per day, mostly from diarrhea and malnutrition, according to the organization, also known by its French name Medecins Sans Frontieres, or MSF. Many more are on the verge of starvation.

“According to the accounts given to MSF by displaced people in Bama new graves are appearing on a daily basis. We were told on certain days more than 30 people were dying due to hunger and illness," said Ghada Hatim, MSF head of mission in Nigeria.

The camp in Bama is one of many that pepper northeastern Nigeria, where more than 2 million people are displaced. Many of their homes have been scorched by Boko Haram, which once controlled a huge swatch of the region before being forced to retreat by the Nigerian military.

The displaced now live in camps managed by the Nigerian military and the country's own aid agencies. The United Nations has a presence as well, but international aid groups are far less present than they are in other humanitarian crises, in part because of the tense security situation and the military's restrictions on their movement.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/06/22/boko-harams-victims-now-rescued-but-on-the-verge-of-starvation/

Photo source: https://www.nairaland.com/3160185/shocking-photos-modupe-ozoluas-empower

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by mamabomboy: 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Buhari is a heartless criminal.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 23, 2016
mamabomboy:
fool read be4 u comment

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by visijo(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2016
hardship na everywhere joor..
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by SageTravels: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2016
So after the media hype they will be left to cater for themselves.

Everyday new story in Nigeria. tomorrow 70,000 rescued. Nairalanders will be like Sai Baba. The best president.

One thing is to rescue them another is to cater for them. But I think I agree with this guy.

Alexander001:
many of them on seeing the hardship those on camp face wouldn't want to be rescued or may attempt to run. why don't FG channel that money meant for secondary school feeding programme to IDP camp, FG should just define their priority because they're doing a lot good on the wrong part.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Taryur3(m): 8:16am On Jun 23, 2016
I think the state government should be responsible for that.that should be the main job of the first lady in the the state.selfish people that only think of them self and their family.

1 Like

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2016
My God cry cry

And they were probably being fed well when they were still captives cry

11 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Qmerit(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2016
gosh what a life. And i am here shouting economy, economy yet i could feed and people re just living and dying what a life.
God save them and give them helper if the government fails

1 Like

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by jennybright(f): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2016
God have mercy. Our mother of Perpetual help intercede on their behalf

8 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by visijo(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2016
upon the starvation, them still de born new pikin??

2 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by bukynkwuenu: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2016
hunger will wipe the north very soon.....cos if the rich southeast is complaining of hard times....hmm i wounder wat the almajeris will do.....

sai baba

3 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by ednut1(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
evil country, the Nigerian foundation for support of victim of terrorism as at last year had 6 billion naira in fixed deposit account and 4m naira in call account with a bank in Nigeria (my friend who works der showed me). the heart of man is wicked abeg. angry

4 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by MadCow1: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
mamabomboy:

2 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Acidosis(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
The government has received billions from the US to cater for these folks, but the lack of ideas and mental accuracy to translate money into infrastructure won't make them do anything aside running after shadows with immunity.

It is only a matter of time before we dethrone the Pharaohs, Egyptians and the fearful Ugandans. Nigeria will be great again, but not under the 'rulership' of Pharoah.

4 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Look closely at the other kids you will know that's a sick person and baby, not people starving. I don't just understand why America Media are always keen on giving Developing Countries in Africa bad name. They always refer to the entire Nigeria as the North and they only show Borno State in their news, making the rest of world believe, the who of Nigeria look like Borno State. Such things makes foreign investors who have intensions of coming down to Nigeria to invest have a change of heart. Government needs to take a necessary action towards this. You will never see CNN show Banana Island, Abuja Metropolitan, Porthatcourt GRA and New Layout, Beautiful Akwa Ibom, Owerri, Lekki, and other beautiful places in Nigeria. Western world are evil and a huge bone in our throat angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Do they expect them to be well fed before or is Boko-Haram now a red cross society?

1 Like

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by oyetunder(m): 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
You see now, let us beware of those beating the drums of war all the time. It leads to waste...horror and useless needless graves. Liberia...Somalia...Sierra leone... What are their gains? We should not allow criminals to hide behind religion, resources, and politics to unleash terror. They had ended up wounding their regions more. Lord have mercy... Alas, even if foods were sent, I trust the Nigerians along the chain, the food may end up in foodstuffs markets in lagos and abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by SleekAboki: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2016
This is an international embarrassment! although, it illustrates the true state of the Nigerian economy.
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Deepfreezer(m): 8:22am On Jun 23, 2016
Fork Nigerian government.

1 Like

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by jacy67(f): 8:22am On Jun 23, 2016
na wao! Preparations should be made to rehabilitate the victims even before rescue. So that their conditions won't be worse. You can imagine what they can be used for (probably by boko haram) just for food.
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2016
so.....am I to be blamed for this?? undecided.....when a northerner donated millions of dollars to a university abroad...... No one from the north condemned it.....

God will protect them shaa o

2 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by DlawTECHY(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
Chai.
The way things are going in this country is a joke. Nothing is working.
Just feel like doing this to the Nigerian government...

2 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by dondavinchi(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
What abt d money d US government gv buhari to take care of dem

1 Like

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by SuperSupremo(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
May God help them through

AMEN!!!
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Dplaymaker(m): 8:23am On Jun 23, 2016
God pls heal our land. The suffering is too much.
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 23, 2016
buh can Buhari allow his kinsmen suffer? undecided

or is it because they are NE and Buhari is NW
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Alexander001(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2016
many of them on seeing the hardship those on camp face wouldn't want to be rescued or may attempt to run. why don't FG channel that money meant for secondary school feeding programme to IDP camp, FG should just define their priority because they're doing a lot good on the wrong part.

3 Likes

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by 2npe(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2016
May Allah protect all this people I'm seeing in this pic
Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by brajy(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2016
Baba bless me so I can be of help to those who needs help. oh lord feed the hunger and bless the hustler!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rescued Boko Haram’s Victims Are Suffering From Starvation: Washighton Post by Nellybank(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2016
I'd rather commit suicide in boko's camp dan die in the hands of this useless nigerian governtment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Missing After Boko Haram Ambush / Buhari’s Three Years Far Better Than Obasanjo’s Eight Years – Tony Momoh / Akwa Ibom State Gets New Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.