Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,150 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:51 AM

Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt (3208 Views)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) / My Experience Buying My First Car (a USED Car) On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by oyee2003dr(m): 9:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
Sorry sir,it was preventable by just employing an experienced kazeem from your station to avoid that lemon deal

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by austin4real(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Do you have a picture of the said camry..... it's just quite unfortunate u bought what I would call a lemon... there are things to look out for when purchasing a naija used car, i've successfully purchased so many for different clients, tho you would spend a bit on minor detailing and stuffs, but it all boils down to luck...
Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by musicwriter(m): 9:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
Urbino:
Afterthought #3: I've subconsciously tied my sense of self worth to owning a car. I'm buying the car not because I actually need it, but because I "need to", I have an official car although I'm not allowed to drive it,I have a driver.
I just want to do this so I can find out if there's peace of mind on the other side.

If you can't drive, why do you need the car anywhere?.

Nothing would happen, if you buy the car. The only thing that would happen is you'll start spending money unnecessarily- because that grade of car costs a lot to maintain. And after 1 year or less you'll find out you'll not like that one again and you'll probably start looking to buy another one. And so on.....

Take it easy o!. Before you blame your village people for accident.
Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by abumeinben(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
jayriginal:

But it's true na. Who throws away money like that in these hard times?

Na corper na, E never look for work. Except say hin Papa na CBN Governor Secretary.

He even get mind buy car for online...

1 Like

Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by diportivo: 9:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
Urbino:
Afterthought #3: I've subconsciously tied my sense of self worth to owning a car. I'm buying the car not because I actually need it, but because I "need to", I have an official car although I'm not allowed to drive it,I have a driver.
I just want to do this so I can find out if there's peace of mind on the other side.

Ofcos,tying ur sense of worth to a car has to be becos u can afford one.....and i say to u,follow ur heart

There has to be some other reasons tied to the "need to" own a car.....life is too short to suffer unnecessary emotional turmoil

You av learnt ur lesson....hopefully u r wiser now

Dont forget to post pictures if the 09 accord....so dat we can pour liberations on ur behalf

PS,i enjoyed ur story.....nice write up cool

3 Likes

Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by Urbino: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2016
Thank you
diportivo:

Ofcos,tying ur sense of worth to a car has to be becos u can afford one.....and i say to u,follow ur heart

There has to be some other reasons tied to the "need to" own a car.....life is too short to suffer unnecessary emotional turmoil

You av learnt ur lesson....hopefully u r wiser now

Dont forget to post pictures if the 09 accord....so dat we can pour liberations on ur behalf

PS,i enjoyed ur story.....nice write up cool

Re: Buying My First Car... Hard Lessons I Learnt by mcobinad(m): 10:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
There is always a big caveat when buying from a private owner. I was almost tempted to say whether the car in question had a valid Nigerian equivalent M.O.T (a certification) that proves the car's road worthiness before he sold the car on to you. Someone collects your money and sells to you a a potential pitfall of a car and there is no legal recourse to recover your funds. Oh dear, nothing ceases to amaze me in Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2003 Lexus Rx300 Navigation - Bluetooth (super Clean) Tokunbo / »»» Sold!!! Neat Registered KIA Sorento 05 @ N950k Negotiable ««« / Toyota Camry 2004 XLE Fulloption Toks... 1.78m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.