Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth (998 Views)

Benue Massacre: Doyin Okupe Provides Shocking Revelations / Clinton Lost Because She Wanted To Edit The Holy Bible – Doyin Okupe / Why I Wanted Wike Out Of Rivers –doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by emamos: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
Doyin Okupe
Erstwhile Senior Special Assistant to then President Goodluck Jonathan on Public Affairs, Doyin Okupe, has come to the defence of the Minister of State for
Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu in view of the odium the Minister attracted for reportedly stating that the present fuel shortage will last till May.
Okupe, who was quick to point out that he has no personal relationship with Kachikwu, observed in a statement
posted on his Facebook page that Nigerians hate being told the
truth, enjoining them to face the reality.
Aside calling for an end to the policy of
setting aside crude for local refining which he described as outdated and counter-productive, the former presidential spokesman gave insights into how Nigeria can overcome its energy crisis.
The social media post reads:
“The minister of state for Petroleum is a
Nigerian I know by reputation only. When he was appointed I actually wondered why on earth will a man in his exalted international position and pedigree come into the murky arena of the Nigerian oil business. It can only be patriotism.
Since he assumed office I have noticed a
high level of professionalism and candour.
“But Nigerians abhor the truth. The
minister said a few weeks ago that it is cheaper to import fuel
than process our crude locally. I thought that should be obvious to
all discerning minds. Our newest refinery is 35years old.
“The capacity of the refinery to
fractionate Crude reduces drastically with age. In its best form
you get about 51% PMS per barrel of crude refined. But at the
current ages of our refineries we hardly can do more than
35-40%.
“Therefore our policy of setting aside
crude for local refining is outdated and counter-productive and
should be stopped.
Secondly the minister said this present
fuel crisis will tarry till May and all hell was let loose. The Hon
Minister is right.
“He quietly informed the nation that NNPC is now responsible
for 100% of our fuel imports. The reason for this anomaly is not
farfetched.
We consume 40m liters of PMS daily. At
about $645/tonne that comes to about 55cents per liter is $22m/day.
Which importer and which bank in Nigeria of today can open $22m
daily?!!!!
“Not even the Almighty NNPC! So that is
the real cause of the scarcity. The truth is what the minister
said, its not going away soonest.
“The only reasonable, cost effective and
efficient way of ensuring Nigerians get petroleum products
regularly and continuously, without further complicating the
unavailability of the dollar and its continued stagnation of the
national economy, is by:
1. Scrapping the PPPRA.
2. Stopping the allocation of crude daily
for local refining.
3. Allocating appropriate volume of crude
to the oil majors under a transparent oil swap arrangement.
4. Invest in and improve the facilities of
discharging PMS in all our Ports.
5. Completely deregulate the
downstream.
Sector of the petroleum and stop the
federal government from selling petrol. Previous Nigerian governments have sustained this practice to their detriment. We
need not continue it especially in the face prevailing economic hardship.
It is not done anywhere and citizens are
the ultimate beneficiaries.
It is shameful and embarrassing that small countries like Benin Republic, Togo and even land locked countries
like Botswana and Swaziland do not have fuel queues.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/27/fuel-crisis-doyin-okupe-defends-kachikwu-says-nigerians-abhor-truth/
lalasticlala
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by emamos: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
It is well
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by dunkem21(m): 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin Zombies will start masturbatingg on Doyin Okupe ..

NNPC said two weeks, Kachikwu said two months, Ngige said its only PDP guys on the queue while Alhaji Lai lalasticlala is of the view that there's no scarcity at all ..

Who do we believe

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by politricks: 5:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Doyin okupe is a zombie!

buhahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by simafem(m): 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2016
i just want fuel...thats all....

somewhere on earth....sometime ago...

“Look, I’m just saying, I’m fed up with him.”
“Come on Judas mate, he’s done amazing things for us Remember when we were just 12 lads with no real purpose, hanging around and nobody thought we were cool?”

“Yeah, but-”

“No buts man. Now we’re cool. We’re somebodies. We’re The Disciples.”

“Sure, I get that, it doesn’t change anything for me though.”

“Really? Think of the branding opportunities here, dude. A whole range of The Disciples merchandise. Robes, robes with hoods, sandals, and I’m sure there’ll be other garments invented in time that we could stitch a logo onto and sell at the markets. We’re gonna make a fortune.”

“It’s not all about the money though. It’s about moving forward as an organisation and I don’t think we’re doing that any more.”

“I’ve got a mate Mark, he’s great with a slate and chalk. I reckon we get him in, sit him down, tell him the whole story, and he could write a book about us. We’d live on through the ages. Think about it, thousands of years from now people could be sitting in their homes with their families, perhaps eating some kind of confectionery that we don’t even know about, reading about us and our adventures.”

“You’re out of your mind, John. That’s never going to happen. Not with yer man still in charge.”

“What?”

“There, I said it. I’ve been thinking this for ages now, but old JC has lost the plot.”

“Are you crazy? You know the score. He’s CONNECTED man. Don’t say shit like that out loud.”

“I’m doing it. I’ve had enough.”

“Mate, think about all the things he’s done for us.”

“Quit living in the past, John.”

“I’m not! All those miracles, like healing the sick?”

“Ages ago.”

“Walking on water.”

“Yeah, he was the first to walk on water, but now everyone can walk on water and some are doing it even better.”

“The loaves and fishes. There were hardly any, and then there were loads of them. Everyone had a right good feast.”

“Again, that happened so long ago, and nowadays there are others who can substantiate bread and seafood with the benefit of in-depth statistical analysis.”

“What are you on about?”

“I want to know about Expected Loaves. Expected fishes. Or should I say ExpL and ExpF. It’s all outdated from him these days. He doesn’t understand how to be a modern messiah.”

“Ok, well you saw the leper, he was all lepery and then he came along and unlepered him. You can’t argue against that.”

“Piffle. If he really wanted to cure lepers he could bring back Richard the Keymaker and Andrew the Grey from their exile in the desert. Then I’d be impressed.”

“I can’t believe this. You’re dead set against him.”

“You’re damn right, I am. Look at this.”

*Judas unfurls a length of cloth on which he has hand-painted a slogan suggesting Jesus’s best days are behind him and he should take his leave*
“Oh no you didn’t!”
“Oh yes I did. Now, if you’ll excuse me I’ve got to go see a man about a dog. Definitely not to get thirty pieces of silver from someone or anything. Later, J-train.”

THREE DAYS LATER.

“Well, I hope you’re happy with yourself now, Judas.”
“Sorry John, but it had to be done.”
“Ok, there’s making a change and then there’s having him brutally tortured and crucified for hours on a cross. You don’t think it went a bit far?”
“It was maybe a little grim, but it had to happen for the sake of the organisation. Now we can move on into the modern era and really build this brand into something special.”

*There’s a knock on the door. John answers. Sees Jesus standing there right as rain*

“All right fellas, that was a lovely kip I just had. How’s it going there Judas, lad? Any sheets with you today?!”

“OH FFS!”—

Happy Easter everyone.
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by tayebest(m): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
Okupe why na... angry
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by dunkem21(m): 5:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
politricks:
Doyin okupe is a zombie!

buhahahaha

Read the last paragraph again grin
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
Ok
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by politricks: 5:43pm On Mar 27, 2016
dunkem21:

Read the paragraphs before that again.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by disloman(m): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
We knew all these.Just that we just want to be mischievous.My opinion is they want to solve this issue of fuel scarcity once for all.I may be wrong.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by ItzTun3chi(m): 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2016
I want a Nigeria With No Fuel Scarcity angry angry
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by rottennaija(m): 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2016
Finally, some wailers getting along.
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by disloman(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2016
dunkem21:

The last paragraph should be a shame to him and the govt he served.Why didn't they solved the scarcity while they are in office?Bro!go siddon or go to the lagoon.You know the next thing to do.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by disloman(m): 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
politricks:
Read the paragraphs before that again.
His brain couldn't decode that.Don't waste your precious time with that boy.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by goldman777: 6:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
Doyin okupe wailer happy at the confusion and praising kachikwu to make more mistakes against d interest of. D party.well im sure kachikwu will wakeup to his responsibilities sensing pdp wailers want to capitalise on his mistakes. angry
Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by mars123(m): 6:29pm On Mar 27, 2016
Okupe is so right...I mean what the hell? totally abhor the truth.

I met this Australian girl recently and we just chatted for 2 days! and guess what, the only thing stopping me from nyashing is the freakn distance. but my naija babes, if I never lie say I fit die, nothing for me.

Kachikwu is a real nigga. spoke the honest truth. now my people, should he apologise for telling you the truth? fuel scarcity is amongst the problems of Nigeria that the administration inherited (some lie lie people say there was never scarcity in the last administration) but we wey get degree for oil and gas engineering know the whole story oh.

The thing that is killing Nigeria is lies from government to governed, let us start telling ourselves the honest truth and 80% of our problems will go away.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Crisis: Doyin Okupe Defends Kachikwu, Says Nigerians Abhor Truth by millhouse: 7:54am On Mar 28, 2016
dunkem21:
grin Zombies will start masturbatingg on Doyin Okupe ..

NNPC said two weeks, Kachikwu said two months, Ngige said its only PDP guys on the queue while Alhaji Lai lalasticlala is of the view that there's no scarcity at all ..

Who do we believe
too bad

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Women Group Charges FG To Question Governor Wike / PDP Resolve To Replace Saraki With Aduda If CCT Convict Him / 10 Things To Know About The Next Oba Of Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.