Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation (1011 Views)

Ghanaian King, Céphas Bansah Rules Via Skype From Germany, Builds Jail For Women / SHOCKING!!! See What These Women Go Through Just To Become Pregnant!! / BBC Apologizes To Emir Sanusi Over False Publication Of Financial Recklessness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by tandoe: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2016
A high school football star has had a rape case against him dropped after spending 6 years in jail. This was after the accuser confessed on Facebook that the rape never happened. So the question is what should happen to the girl now

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by Cutehector(m): 7:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
Noooooo pleease dey shouldn't go to jail.

They just have to be raped everyday for d number of years d falsely accused man spends in prison!

1 Like

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by Eddygourdo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2016
Well in this age of equality, she should spend at least six years he spent, 2 additional years for wickedness

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by tandoe: 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2016
Brow u harsh o
Well I don't think they should isn't there freedom of expression. I heard my little sharp mouth neighbour screaming at an elderly man who tried to carry her that he shouldn't touch her that her mom said that she shouldn't allow him touch her...this got the man embarrassed and angry. I couldn't stop laughing observing from the car
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
The guy should be compensated and the girl thrown into jail for 6 years. I thought advanced countries have ways of proving rape cases. They are not so advanced afterall

3 Likes

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by Fulaman198(m): 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2016
lofty900:
The guy should be compensated and the girl thrown into jail for 6 years. I thought advanced countries have ways of proving rape cases. They are not so advanced afterall

Correct, don't be fooled by false propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by tandoe: 8:08pm On Mar 27, 2016
Is rape also considered as a sexual preference like gay activities undecided
Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jail time? I don't know but some form of punishment is needed. The guy sat in jail for 6 years of his life!

And even if the guys name is cleared later his reputation is already damaged.

1 Like

Re: Should Women Go To Jail For False Rape Accusation by bigfrancis21: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Rape accusations reported by females are taken very seriously here in the US and in some cases only the female's word or accusation is enough 'evidence' to get the offending victim, usually make, arrested or guilty as accused. It is one way for the voice of women to be heard and it is a sense of belonging to them to know that they can get justice for wrongdoings. Since history, women have been victims of countless number of rapes and things are taking a different turn in modern times. Now, some females have taken advantage of this favorable justice system to land some men in jail at their will. I remember reading somewhere that 10% of all rape accusations are false. Penalizing false rape accusations may reduce the number of women willing to come forward if they've been raped for fear of being penalized if their accusation isn't validated. On the other hand, not penalizing false rape accusations could serve as an incentive for certain females to 'get back' at some males as a retaliatory form of response for just any reason.

My recommendation would be to institute some kind of penalty for false rape accusations by anybody IF the accused is willing to press charges. This way, it would be left to the accused to choose to press charges or not if falsely accused of rape. For the US, this can be between any 2 people regardless of gender.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife, Sultan Of Sokoto Attends Coronation Of Oba Of Benin (photo) / The Genealogy Of Igbos / TB Joshua: Keep Our Son’s Body Intact, Monarch Tells SCOAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.