Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,119 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

14 Things I Hate About The New Iphone SE - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 14 Things I Hate About The New Iphone SE (1764 Views)

14 Things You Can Buy Instead Of The Iphone 7 / What Phone Are You Currently Using And What You Like And Hate About It? / Introducing The New Iphone SE: Cheapest Iphone Ever (Mini But Mighty) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Things I Hate About The New Iphone SE by banjicom(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2016
The price of iPhone SE, presented on March 21 in Cupertino, was lower than the usual Apple smartphones prices. But still very expensive! In Nigeria, the price of a new iphone SE with a minimum of 16-gigabyte version will cost you #110,224.11 (553.890 US Dollar). This price alone can buy you a new flagship android device with more specifications, but i guess the apple fans don't care. In addition to the price, the iphone SE itself have some issues and lack some basic features which are all present in other smartphones within it price range.

1. A very outdated design
During 2015, Apple sold more than 30 million smartphones, which include the iPhone 5S and budget iPhone 5C. Having concluded that users likes their small smartphones. The iphones has same designs, maybe to apple design is irrelevant - but this is weird.The new released iphone SE looks identical to the old iphone 5s which was released 2 years ago, this design is outdated Why go back to the past designs?

2. Weak battery
The battery in the iPhone SE was only increased by 82 mAh. Reporters have not yet tested the battery life, but the result can already be predicted based on past observations and reports, this means a weak battery life which can only struggle to last for a day usage.

3. The lack of USB Type-C
The USB Type-c has a great advantage and the iphone SE lack this feature. If you look at a USB Type-C cable you’ll notice that both ends look exactly the same and the plug on each end is perfectly symmetrical. With USB Type-C you can plug either end of the cable into a device and plug it in right side up or upside down. It doesn’t matter because USB Type-C is orientation agnostic. This means there’s no chance of damaging the cable–or the ports on your phone–by plugging it in the “wrong” way.

4. No external SD CARD support
The 16gb version will cost you $580 while the 64gb version will cost $700. This means in other to increase your internal storage you will have to spend more, this doesn't make sense. This is a smartphone capable of recording 4k video but having only 16gb of internal memory, spending $700 for an iPhone SE is just too expensive.

5. Inability to work as a removable disk
With Too many restrictions and security: the iphone can not be directly connected to a PC, they, unlike the Android-devices cannot be used as a mass storage. You can only achieve this by jailbreaking which is very risky and you also lose your warranty. Even when using iTunes to synchronize media files between iPhone and PC. You will not be able to locate and see your files - the IOS filesystem is too secured.

6. No Dual Sim Support
Dual sim support has been a must for all smartphones manufacturers, except Apple: The iphone only support nano-SIM format. Many iPhone and iPad users can be seen using and carrying a second phone.

7. NFC implementation
The iPhone SE has a NFC module, but only works with the Apple Pay payment system which is not available for international users. The NFC module can be said to be virtually useless.

Read More: http://www.phonetweakers.com/2016/03/14-things-i-hate-about-new-iphone-se_27.html

Re: 14 Things I Hate About The New Iphone SE by Joel3(m): 10:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
grin I thought you guys laugh iPhone 6 the #bendgate

so they decided to go back to the formal way or drawing board. releasing a flagship is not easy as most of you guy thought. it has to pass through too many debates, screening and approval before its release. there most be a flaws we humans ain't perfect.
Re: 14 Things I Hate About The New Iphone SE by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
I dont know where you got your prices from though.
Re: 14 Things I Hate About The New Iphone SE by mosjames: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
All of una wey dey shout say apple no dey slack

(1) (Reply)

Glo Internet Network Speed Has Tremendously Improved, Have You Notice That? / How To Save Pictures Or Videos On Whatsapp Status / Pls, Which Good Phone Can I Buy Within The Range Of #50k To #55k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.