Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

What A Day!(a Must Read) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What A Day!(a Must Read) (536 Views)

Mother's Day - A Short Story / Not Just An Ordinary Day (A Short Romance Story By Kayode Odusanya) / A Day Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What A Day!(a Must Read) by mandy1990: 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2016
I was so tired when I got home. I needed to eat something but there was no food at home ,so I opened the refrigerator and took out a bottle of chilled malt. As I sat down to enjoy my drink, kay,the gateman came in“I beg madam no vex oh! E be like say sisi laide dey gate"he said hurriedly like as if i was going to beat him up.“Hmm” I said angrily.I wasn't expecting laide,who lived close by. A nosy person and I hated her for that. I don't know why she decided to pay me a visit sef”I murmured to myself. “Make I open gate for am"the gateman asked.I had even forgotten that kay was still in the sitting room.“Ehnn!” I quickly answered,but still I was angry. “Babe how are you na” laide shouted as she walked majestically to the sittingroom with her short skirt and a see~me~through top that revealed her breasts.she had her hair tied with a colourful ribbon,her lips painted with a red lipstick.she sat on the sofa close to me while she threw her handbag on the other chair.“How are you na”I replied her”.“Any latest,her eyes wide open like that of a koala,“because my ears are wide open”.laide and I use to be close pals until the day I discovered that she was a homebreaker.then I decided to keep my distance;but she keeps coming to me,and I think she still prefers me as her friend. “My sister I don't have gist for you today jareh!”. “Haba! Mj,as she fondly calls me.how will you tell me that you don't have any sweet gist na! Ok ohh! give me drink na,she requested,cold one shah!”. I looked at laide with disdain.“I don't know why you even came sef!”I complained to myself not knowing that I spoke out.“Ehn!what did you say” she asked impatiently. “Nothing lai”I quickly answered her to avoid answering more annoying questions.“Let me get you the drink as you requested”. I got her the last bottle of malt from the refrigerator.laide gulped down the drink like a greedy fellow.i just threw my face away from her direction,picked up my already “warm” drink and left for my room while laide watched television. The following day,I left home for the market. I already had the list of items written down on a piece of paper. As I took out the list from my bag,a young boy approached me begging for alms. “Abeg I dey hungry sister”. I was moved with pity because the boy was too young to beg along the busy market place. He ought to be at school”,i told myself. I quickly opened my purse and brought out some change of #30,gave the little boy the money.“Thank you sister”the boy said smiling revealing a set of colored teeths. The little boy ran as fast as his legs could carry him,jumping happily. I later realized that i haven't bought my items,so I beg
Re: What A Day!(a Must Read) by mandy1990: 10:28pm On Mar 27, 2016
To get the complete story, you can reach me through mandyobabues@gmail.com or wattsapp(08078591410).

(1) (Reply)

The Fence by XTGOZIE / Nine Feet Tall And Other Stories / I Have Read 16 Books This Year, What About You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.