Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, (693 Views)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? / Pls....this Is All U Need In These World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by baronblessed: 11:14pm On Mar 27, 2016
I find john 3:13. a little confusing,,, And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Does it mean that elijah and enoch didn't ascend to Heaven or at the moment none is in heaven even the saints Pls. The pastors in the House Help us out! Thanks.
Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by Cutehector(m): 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
Did elijah ascend to heaven with his own power? Smtyms people need to ask God for d spirit of understanding
Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by tripplephi: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2016
GUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THIS IS OLD SCHOOL NA...... GO AND CHECK GOOGLE FOR OVER 30 TRANSLATIONS THAT HAVE NO ISSUES EXPLAINING WHAT YOU ARE ASKING IF YOU TRULY SEEK ANSWERS...... KJV WAS EVEN D 13TH TRANSLATION TO BE PRINTED NOT THE FIRST.... IF U RELY ON KJV.... YOUR CHRISTIAN LIFE WILL LACK MODERN DAY APPLICATION
Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by osesology(m): 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 27, 2016
tripplephi:
GUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYYY THIS IS OLD SCHOOL NA...... GO AND CHECK GOOGLE FOR OVER 30 TRANSLATIONS THAT HAVE NO ISSUES EXPLAINING WHAT YOU ARE ASKING IF YOU TRULY SEEK ANSWERS...... KJV WAS EVEN D 13TH TRANSLATION TO BE PRINTED NOT THE FIRST.... IF U RELY ON KJV.... YOUR CHRISTIAN LIFE WILL LACK MODERN DAY APPLICATION
well, I see kjv as the authorised version just as u find it written as 'the authorized kjv version' I think other simpler versions are to help u understand the kjv.
Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by baronblessed: 12:07am On Mar 28, 2016
Cutehector:
Did elijah ascend to heaven with his own power? Smtyms people need to ask God for d spirit of understanding
. Before did u expect Him to ascend with His power In Dat part of d bible jesus said No Man Has Ascended To Heaven,,, did enoch and Elijah fly to Heaven or did dey ascend to Abraham's bosom and not Heaven?
Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by niceeric(m): 12:32am On Mar 28, 2016
simple, Enoch WALKED with the Lord and he wasn't seen anymore, in no place in the Bible is it written that he ascended

Elijah was TRANSPORTED in a burning chariot (not his own doing)- it's like having a free ride in a car which isn't yours to your workplace you can't take glory of facilitating your movement to work after that

But Jesus Christ ascended without any chariot, no disappearance as His disciples and some other people saw Him slowly, miraculously, fantastically disprove the law of gravity on earth by ascending unaided to heaven.

I hope you get the difference in the 3 scenarios.

1 Like

Re: Pls This Verse Of The Bible Keeps Confusing Me,,,,, by dayowunmi(m): 3:04am On Mar 28, 2016
Read other translations. Niv and message translations

(1) (Reply)

The Kingdom Brethren (Daily Nuggets) / What Does The Blood Of Jesus Christ Do? / My Fellow Catholics, What Is Wrong With This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.