Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn (9701 Views)

Christian Hymn I Love To Sing: "My Jesus, I Love Thee" / What's Your Favorite Hymn? / Story Behind The Hymn, "When I Survey The Wondrous Cross" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by influenz: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2018
Mine is

What a friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Oh, what peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer

29 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Trustme2(m): 9:29am On Feb 18, 2018
I need no other argument
I need no other plea
It is enough that Jesus died
And that he died for me

Only me today I have 4 FTC on front page. I wish this thing comes with monetary reward. But no Seun will never dash anybody N1.
Anyway this is a sign of better things to come. Just shower me with some likes and I'll be Ok

Finally you can be sure that most youths born from 1990 upwards cannot relate or know these wonderful hymns that were inspired by God through the writers and that inspired some of us while growing up.
Pls let us not allow these hymns to be lost in our Christian journey especially in this era of Pentecostal churches where noise and uninspiring and worldly songs has taken over the music ministry

28 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Robisky001(m): 9:38am On Feb 18, 2018
Spirit of God in the clear running water,
Blowing to greatness the trees on the hill,
Spirit of God in the finger of morning.

11 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Kalashnikov102(m): 9:42am On Feb 18, 2018
Youth obey the clarion call Let us lift our nation high Under the sun or in the rain With dedication ad selflessness

After this I guess God can change Nigeria.. Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Epositive(m): 9:45am On Feb 18, 2018
Emi ba l'egberun ahon Fun iyin olugbala Ogo Olorun obami Isegun ore re smiley

19 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by butterflyl1on: 9:52am On Feb 18, 2018
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by tesppidd: 9:57am On Feb 18, 2018
ALL THE EARTH PROCLAIM THE LORD
SING YOUR PRAISE TO GOD
ALL THE EARTH PROCLAIM THE LORD
SING YOUR PRAISE TO GOD
Serve you the Lord, heart filled with gladness.
Come into God's presence singing for joy!

9 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2018
it pays to serve Jesus I speak from my heart He'll always be with us if we do our part there's nothing in this wide world can pleasure afford there's peace and contentment in serving the Lord

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by chaarly(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2018
There is a green hill far away,
without a city wall,
where our Dear Lord was crucified,
who died to save us all.
We may - we may not know,
We Can't- we cannot tell,
What pains- what pains he had to bear
But we- but we believe
It was- it was for us
He hung- He hung and suffered there

#Happy Sunday

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by OPAUGBEE(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2018
A wonderful Saviour is Jesus my Lord, a wonderful is he.... Ss & S 540

7 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Nobody: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2018
When I survey, the wondrous cross on which the king of glory died, my richest gain, I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. .

28 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2018
grin

Jesus my saviour is all things to me
Oh what a wonderful saviour is he
Guardians, protection my life guide is he
Mighty deliverer Jesus for me.
Jesus for me
Jesus for me
All the time everywhere Jesus for me...

Then another most loved one is this kiss

Take me, deeper in love with you
Jesus, deeper in love
Hold me, closer in love with you
Jesus closer in love with you.

Lord there is a longing only you can fill
A raging tempest only you can still
My soul is thirsty for you oh my God
Lord quench my thirst and fill my soul........

14 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by tesppidd: 10:02am On Feb 18, 2018
Puzzypleazer:
Is it true that Jesus had a big prick, that's what hoes on the Bible liked him?
even if you don't believe in Jesus Christ you must not be this silly.

even if that's your opinion of our Lord Jesus Christ, don't you think it's better to be silent?
no one is going to pay you for this comment.

i know you don't believe in the devil too but I can swear you've never been this derogatory with the devil.

this is how people carry curses from generation to generation and end up blaming it on one innocent old woman in their village.

40 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by AishaBuhari: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2018
Puzzypleazer:
Say this on a Muslim thread and get banned instantly

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Vinstel: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2018
To God be the glory, great things he hath done
So loved he the world that he gave us his son
Who yielded his life an atonement for sin
And opened the life gate that all may go in

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by adakaibeyamma: 10:03am On Feb 18, 2018
Puzzypleazer:
May God have mercy on you undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by HRich(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2018
These one of mine

3 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by obailala(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2018
Guide me, O thou great Redeemer,
pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but you are mighty;
hold me with your powerful hand.
Bread of heaven, bread of heaven,
feed me now and evermore,
feed me till I want no more.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by NORSIYK(m): 10:03am On Feb 18, 2018
Just as I am, without one plea, But that Thy blood was shed for me, And that Thou bidst me come to Thee, O Lamb of God, I come, I come. . . . The greatest song ever written

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2018
Mimo mimo mimo

ECWA Hymn book

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by DoreJoe(m): 10:04am On Feb 18, 2018
Praise my soul the king of heaven
To our fathers in distress

14 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Agbaletu: 10:04am On Feb 18, 2018
I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up, and let me stand
By faith on Canaan’s tableland;
A higher plane than I have found,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by mexxmoney: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2018
Blessed Assurance Jesus is mine
O what a foretaste of glory divine
Heir of salvation, purchased by God
Born of His spirit, washed in His blood

31 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Bonaventura(m): 10:05am On Feb 18, 2018
God of mercy and compassion
Look with pity upon me
Father let me call thee father
'Tis thy child returns to thee

Jesus Lord I ask for mercy
Let me not implore in vain
All my sins I now detest them
Never will I sin again...

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by NORSIYK(m): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bidst me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.
. . .
The greatest song ever written

17 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by tesppidd: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2018
AishaBuhari:

Say this on a Muslim thread and get banned instantly
get banned or get killed?

6 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by bomasek(m): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Bless father,bless thine worthy children this day.

2 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Chumani(f): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Forth in Thy name, O Lord, I go,
My daily labor to pursue;
Thee, only Thee, resolved to know
In all I think, or speak, or do.

8 Likes

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by itchie: 10:06am On Feb 18, 2018
Immortal invisible God only wise
In light inaccessible hid from our eyes
Most blessed, most glorious, the Ancient of days
Almighty victorious, Your great name we praise

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by AishaBuhari: 10:07am On Feb 18, 2018
tesppidd:
get banned or get killed?
Both then
Re: Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn by Mobi47(m): 10:07am On Feb 18, 2018
Howww can I reeepppaaayyy theee Lord for hhiiissss goodnessss toooo meeeee

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does The Jehovah Witness & Watchtower Magazine Teach That Is Wrong ? BEWARE / Poll : Are You A Trinitarian Or ONE GOD Believer - All Welcome To Vote / The Prayer That Repairs Your Body - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.