Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,401 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI (8856 Views)

LATEST: Get Up To N10,000 Airtime To Make Calls To Any Network On Your Mtn Line! / I Dialed This *559*40# On My Mtn Line And Got This. / My MTN Data has Been Returned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 8:56am On Mar 28, 2016
I have tried formating my phone still the same result, I tried editing the IMEI, but can't edit. I have done everything possible yet is not working. I can only browse with it but I can't make or receive calls, I can't even send or receive text.

But if I put d Sim in another phone I can call and text.
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by jideprof: 9:09am On Mar 28, 2016
It's your phone not d sim, what type of device?
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 11:38am On Mar 28, 2016
Tecno v7, other Sim works just the MTN that is giving issues, am currently using my Etisalate to call browse and send text
jideprof:
It's your phone not d sim, what type of device?
Tecno v7, other Sim works just the MTN that is giving issues, am currently using my Etisalate to call browse and send text
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by Elsquidme(m): 1:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
what have you done to the phone that started it? I bet you tamper with the imei before.
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 1:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Elsquidme:
what have you done to the phone that started it? I bet you tamper with the imei before.

I formatted the phone, the Sim was inside when I formatted it
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by jideprof: 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
grimandevil:
Tecno v7, other Sim works just the MTN that is giving issues, am currently using my Etisalate to call browse and send textTecno v7, other Sim works just the MTN that is giving issues, am currently using my Etisalate to call browse and send text

Change your IMEI with MTK Engineer Mode app
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 2:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
jideprof:

Change your IMEI with MTK Engineer Mode app

I don't have that on my phone, a beg help me. Step by step means, na beg I d beg
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by bogtrotter: 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Did you buy it brand new? If you got it fairly used definitely the initial person that was using the phone must've tweaked the imei.
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
bogtrotter:
Did you buy it brand new? If you got it fairly used definitely the initial person that was using the phone must've tweaked the imei.

Bought it new, but took it to phone repairer sometime ago
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
grimandevil:

Bought it new, but took it to phone repairer sometime ago
Check ur emei with *#06# and you'll see that the emei isn't there, just use mtk to put another one
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by Mafia4life(m): 3:41am On Mar 29, 2016
You may need to write IMEI in Meta Mode via PC using 3G Meta tool. Flash baseband before writing imei. That's the only solution if mtktool doesn't work
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 6:08am On Mar 29, 2016
I don't understand a single word here. A beg I d go phone repairer again

OK now I get it, what's imei of mtn
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 6:16am On Mar 29, 2016
yemaldo:

Check ur emei with *#06# and you'll see that the emei isn't there, just use mtk to put another one
Mafia4life:
You may need to write IMEI in Meta Mode via PC using 3G Meta tool. Flash baseband before writing imei. That's the only solution if mtktool doesn't work
yemaldo:

You guys are already helping, how can I Input d imei of MTN please. It shows unknown
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by JideSM: 8:58am On Mar 29, 2016
grimandevil:
I have tried formating my phone still the same result, I tried editing the IMEI, but can't edit. I have done everything possible yet is not working. I can only browse with it but I can't make or receive calls, I can't even send or receive text.

But if I put d Sim in another phone I can call and text.

I apologize for this, it is best if you take the device to a technician who would help in adding the IMEI via the engineering mode. The device rooting wiped off the IMEI from the device.
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by grimandevil: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
JideSM:

I apologize for this, it is best if you take the device to a technician who would help in adding the IMEI via the engineering mode. The device rooting wiped off the IMEI from the device.

I didn't root my phone, or less the enginer I gave it to did that without my knowledge
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by Elsquidme(m): 12:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
grimandevil:

I didn't root my phone, or less the enginer I gave it to did that without my knowledge
bros, mtn doesnt have imei. Its your phone that has. Type *#06# on your phone. If a long string of numbers appear, then copy it out. Löok under ur battery compartment in your phone, you wil see d imei or if you have the cartön which the phone came with it, then luk for a sticker which the imei is writen on. Compare with d one u writen down and check if they are same. Now look for a phone engineer around you who knows imei tweeking then tell him to write d imei for u. If they are not same, it means it has been tampered with. Proceed to write the imei you found in the phone battery compartment or phone carton or maybe on the phone receipt if written dia.
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by ritababe(f): 12:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
lwkmd Bro Mtn no dey get IMEI oh, Na ur phone, download mobile uncle and IMEI converter use it to change ur IMEI number
Re: Help My MTN Line Keeps Saying Invalid IMEI by Mykelpato(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
A bloody tweaked, have tweaked and is using ur phones imei grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Manually Register BIS (eg Etisalat) On Unlocked Blackberry / MTN Unlimited Night Browsing 1am-5am: TOTAL SCAM / How To Move Apps From Phone Memory To SD Card On Any Version Of Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.