Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,773 members, 7,866,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:09 AM

The Photography Of TY! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Photography Of TY! (531 Views)

Setting Up A Photography Studio / Spot This Photography Firm Advert Banner. / Free Logo Design To The First Four Persons - Benzy Graphics/photography (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Photography Of TY! by Lazyreporta(m): 9:31am On Mar 28, 2016
Tayo Agbede is one photographer that brings passion and dedication to his chosen career. Tayo is a 2014 graduate of Accounting from the prestigious University of Lagos (Unilag). A native of Akoko South-West local government in Ondo State, he is the last in the family of seven. Tayo’s passion for his work comes from his strong Christian background which, according to him, has also shaped other aspects of his life, including how he runs TY Photo and Video Productions. In this interview by Tunde Odutade (TeeDee) and Bukunmi Solomon (Kumbis), Tayo’s passion for the art of photography is laid bare.

What drew you to photography and how did you start?
The Passion to explore the world of images drew me into Photography. Growing up, I had the fortune of owning a small camera. I took this camera with me everywhere I went, especially to school, where I took photos of my friends, and ever since that time, my passion for photography grew day after day. I started professional photography in 2009 when I got admission into Unilag.

What were the difficulties you first encountered when you started?
I prefer to call it challenges, not difficulties because you encounter challenges in order to become a better person. The major challenges I had then were strange reactions from photographers who I tried to associate with to gather more ideas in the field. I must confess to you, most of their reactions were not always welcoming. They tended to keep their ideas to themselves and they believe they know it all.

Who taught you the nifty aspects of photography?
Pastor Sanmi Agbede. He is my elder brother and a Minister in the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). He gave me the nitty-gritty of what photography is all about and he bought me my first professional camera.

Your professional name is ‘TY Photo’, how did you come by that name?
The brand name TY photo was derived from my name ‘Oyetayo’. If you remove the prefix ‘Oye’, you have ‘Tayo’. The abbreviated form of ‘Tayo’ is ‘TY’ and since many people know and address me as ‘TY’ already, I took it as my brand name.

What kind of events do you handle?
All kinds of events… weddings, birthday, modelling shoots, naming ceremonies, etc.

You train people don’t you?
Yes. I train people both in photography and videography. Currently, I have five people undergoing apprenticeship in the art of producing images using both still and video camera.

What will it cost to learn photography under you?
Money is not the primary consideration here. If anyone wants to learn from me, the first thing to consider is that individual’s passion for the art of photography. Once I have established the presence of passion and enthusiasm, we can then go on to discuss duration and cost.

What tools does someone who intends to go into Photography need to have?
As I said earlier, the paramount thing is the passion and interest towards the job. Then other things

What advice do you havefor photography enthusiasts who want to go professional?

Prayer, focus and dedication are the fundamental principles to get there. Be passionate about the job. Love it and give it all you have got.

When you look at the world of photography, a few famous names quickly come to mind. Who would you say is your role-model and how have you been influenced by this role model?
I have more than one role-model, both home and abroad. The one closest to heart, however, is K. LALA. I love the work he is doing. I follow him closely on social media. I hope someday soon, I’ll meet him in person and say a big “thank you” for inspiring me. Another person who inspires me is TY Bello.

How has the social media shaped your work?
The social media has helped me immensely by putting me on the spotlight. It helps showcase what I do and has given me a wider audience. I do get bookings, calls and comments on different social platforms. In this age and time, the social media can’t be neglected.

Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
I see myself becoming one of those renowned photographers you talked about earlier.

Let’s come to your personal life. What is your favourite meal?
As an Ondo guy, it is pounded yam and egusi soup.

Are you married?
No. I’m single, for the time being though.

When are you getting married?
Very soon, but TeeDee, allow me keep the cards to myself. I will certainly inform you guys at layreporta.com when the time comes…..laughs.

What are your hobbies?
Web surfing, cooking, traveling and watching football.

Can you tell us about your most memorable day?
The day of my convocation in Unilag was my most memorable day. You see, on that day, I went down memory lane, recalling the names of some of my colleagues who started but didn’t complete the program. The bible says, “It’s not of him who willeth nor he that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.” God has been merciful to me.

Source... http://lazyreporta.com/2134-2/

Cc: naijacutee, puskin, dominique, FOD)

(1) (Reply)

Bill Gates Opinion On Nigeria / Is VFL Profitable / WORKING FROM HOME : My Personal Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.