Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? (65162 Views)

"My Husband Employed Imam To Have Sex With Me For 3 Days" – Wife / Am I Wrong Fighting My Husband's Younger Brother's Side Chick? / Am I Wrong For Asking My Husband To Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by RiloKiley: 7:29am On Apr 01, 2016
cionon:

Where was it mentioned me and the neigbhour talked of juju? U pple shiuldnnot remix the version nau. Read and understand.
Nobody talked of juju with me. She was only telling me what she did to conceive. What my husband can take to boost our chances of conceiving. And I sawntge local thing as a risk to my husband's health and told her i dont want to be a widow.

If you had read through the thread, you will see I didn't gossip. I mean do I need to keep repeating how it went. I don't even tell of my marital issues to friends. I have been battling separation since and my best friend just knew of this on Tuesday and was surprised. Cos her first question was you can't just go through divorce you both must have been having issues
You don't need to answer everybody.
The issue with putting your problems on a faceless and free forum is that everyone gets to advice you. Responsible and irresponsible people, businessmen, doctors, truckpushers, jokers, immoral people, children, single moms, divorcees, drunkards. Your duty is to sieve the chaff from the seed and take the good advice.

My take.
The man doesn't love you. He never did. You probably knew this and only stayed with him out of desperation or maybe financial /status reasons.

You say you have already left the house. That's too bad. But I think you should move on. Stop thinking its because you opened up to him. From your story it's obvious he would have found any reason to leave you. Telling him about what your friend said about herbs is not enough for him to want to throw you out. He's just using it as an excuse.
I think you are in the denial phase of this situation. You don't want to believe this has finally happened to you. I think you should start by facing the reality that he has left you for the woman he really loves even before you were married. It's good you said you have a job, immerse yourself in the job. Derive your joy from doing your job better and improving your personal life. Pray for him if you want bit more importantly pray more e for yourself and believe God that all things will work out for good. Stay positive like some people have said here.

If he is really the one for you he will realise his errors and come back/call you back. If not then for goodness sake move on and know you will find a better person.

Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by WhoBeThisMan: 7:32am On Apr 01, 2016
TheArchangel:
He is not asking for divorce because of what you listed rather he is asking because you are yet to conceive and he is using that as an excuse. He even have a mistress....
Get yourself checked out medically and get treated and allow him to wallow in his mess.

Move on while you are young.
No amount of begging will douse an already made up mind.
you people need to be very careful the way you advise someone to leave her marriage. All the information you have right now is one sided. I can guaranty yoo that this is not even half the story. Yet you say he should wallow in his mess.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Fourwinds: 7:33am On Apr 01, 2016
enoqueen:
Let him go.

If there is anyway u can take revenge on him by disclosing what he had said about people, expose him.

Marriage has taught me not to ever trust my husband with words.
terrible advice

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 01, 2016
Ndeewonu:

Judging from a one-sided story is too bad. UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, no man would file for a divorce when his wife is an angel. He either misunderstood the situation or is under a spell.

When angry, women often say stu.pid things that they don't mean, and a stu.pid man is bound to take the words literally and act upon them. It is sad that some women use juju to make men love them. Sadly, every juju has an expiry date which must be renewed often to avoid adverse effects.

Women, your mouth and company have brought woes upon you.

I never used juju to hold my husband. I am a believing christain. Well yes my mouth I know brought me woes. I m going to make amends. But certainly not my company. I didn't even make friend with my own neigbhours until September of last year. I don't keep friends. I only had 5 friend in in attendance on my wedding day. Never told anyone about my marital isdue wat i was only concerened was how to conceive. Which I was a very serious member on the ttc thread hear on nairaland
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by TheArchangel(f): 7:38am On Apr 01, 2016
WhoBeThisMan:
you people need to be very careful the way you advise someone to leave her marriage. All the information you have right now is one sided. I can guaranty yoo that this is not even half the story. Yet you say he should wallow in his mess.

He is cheating bro, so definitely it is his mess or should she wallow too by soiling herself with reprisal cheating.? Or clap for him?

It is his mess when he engaged himself into adultery, a calculated decision to cheat on her.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 01, 2016
WhoBeThisMan:

Even if my husband comes here. It's what i said he will say. I m saying the truth so I can get help or solution. My husband is an ardent reader on nairaland. I am not editing the story to suit me or make me feel like a saint. I wasn't a saint. Had my own issues to deal with and probably my mouth. But I didn't cheat or carry men about.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by cyril700(m): 7:40am On Apr 01, 2016
enoqueen:
Let him go.

If there is anyway u can take revenge on him by disclosing what he had said about people, expose him.

u are a witch, quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by naijaboiy: 7:42am On Apr 01, 2016
bankybobo11:
Happy new month to these wonderful nairalanders: demig oddess (my Igbo bae), SAN DOSKI, vhee kie (geek), naij aboiy (swag), smelly mouth (ladies man) and sin aj (beauty) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Happy new month to you too. cheesy
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by gabbytabby: 7:44am On Apr 01, 2016
It looks like you have a tendency to try to buy, beg forlove, marriage and it gives the person you are with power to maltreat you.

You really need to learn to love yourself. Should he know that you love him and do not want divorce absolutely. Should you be beggging him to stay despite being a cheat absolutelyNOT.

Grow some back bone. Find a mother or mother figure that you can get sdvice from. Your mental health is important and it is not always healthy to keep it all in.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by bankybobo11: 7:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Smellymouth:

I dobale for you baba..

Happy new month and may all ur wishes, dreams and aspirations come to pass this new month...

Ekaro oooooo grin

Eshey sir, I wish you the same too
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by enoqueen: 7:48am On Apr 01, 2016
cyril700:
u are a witch, quote me anywhere

And I just checed u out. Is that really u on ur dp

U are a wizard.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by enoqueen: 7:49am On Apr 01, 2016
Fourwinds:
terrible advice

Thanks.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Charly68: 7:50am On Apr 01, 2016
I empathise with you my Sister,but the truth be told what do you do when you discover that the man you loved does not love you ? What do you do when the man you are dying for does not care if you die ? What do you do when you know that the one you love suddenly hates you like feaces ? This man I say is destined to suffer for his greed & avarice so let him go & suffer alone..You made a mistake in the first place by marrying to the man,your mistake is not because you told him the truth..He is a baby than can not handle the truths of life. So you married a baby Husband hence the pain of immaturity started manifesting. You are right & he is wrong & God can never take side with the wrong..So let him have his way so that you can enter your own future...You are complete in God & not in marriage ..many marriages are like yokes to people today. Look unto God & seek his face for help..nothing to regret when you speaks the truth . John 8:32 & 36 . I give the man one year after he remarries he will be back to zero level. If he can't keep a descent girl like you,what is assurance that he can succeed with an online girl. That is fake relationship already .watch & see how God will vindicate you by giving you divine compensation. You are favoured

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by onunwa21(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2016
jmichlins:
He does not deserve you. You are worth more much to be cheated on so let him go

This thing you just wrote, do u think is easy. Can u advice ur sis that way...
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by MrSly(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2016
PinketteDawn:

Sometimes you really need to confide in someone. There is no need to die in silence for something that could've easily been resolved if you had opened up. Any way, I can assure you that divorce does not ruin a child's life in all cases. In fact, if half of the men we have in our societies were brought up by single mothers, away from abusive fathers and surrounded by love and care, then we would have better individuals/marriages today.

Yes, divorce is tough, but it is always a better option especially when children are involved. A child's mental and psychological state can be greatly affected if s(he) is growing in an environment where s(he) constantly witnesses different forms of abuse and degradation on one parent by the other. Some men you see today who beat up their wives, abuse them verbally, financially, sexually and even cheat on them, grew up in an environment where such acts were tolerated so they don't even see anything wrong if they do the same to their wives in their own marriages. There is no way you can try to explain to man who thinks that a woman is beneath him and she should obey every word he says because her sole existence is to please him, that this notion is wrong especially if he grew up in a home where he was constantly seeing his father treat his mother with such notion and she was there tolerating it so that divorce would not ruin her child. Hello! The child is already ruined by being exposed and allowed to grow with that mentality.
parents who cannot train their children as a married couple cannot train them as a single parent.

1 Like

Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by bankybobo11: 7:52am On Apr 01, 2016
naijaboiy:

Happy new month to you too. cheesy

Thanks smiley
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Charly68: 7:53am On Apr 01, 2016
I empathise with you my Sister,but the truth be told what do you do when you discover that the man you loved does not love you ? What do you do when the man you are dying for does not care if you die ? What do you do when you know that the one you love suddenly hates you like feaces ? This man I say is destined to suffer for his greed & avarice so let him go & suffer alone..You made a mistake in the first place by marrying to the man,your mistake is not because you told him the truth..He is a baby than can not handle the truths of life. So you married a baby Husband hence the pain of immaturity started manifesting. You are right & he is wrong & God can never take side with the wrong..So let him have his way so that you can enter your own future...You are complete in God & not in marriage ..many marriages are like yokes to people today. Look unto God & seek his face for help..nothing to regret when you speaks the truth . John 8:32 & 36 . I give the man one year after he remarries he will be back to zero level. If he couldnt keep a descent girl like you,what is the assurance that he can succeed with an online girl. That is fake relationship already .watch & see how God will vindicate you by giving you divine compensation. You are favoured !
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by goldman777: 7:53am On Apr 01, 2016
cionon:
I confided in my husband when he accused me of listening to people. I then opened up and gave him an instance that if i listen to people i would ne doing what they asked me to do.I told him the advice a former neigbhour of his gave me. Of which I told her I can't do such. Now he uses it against me. I feel bad because he didn't even say what I told him exactly. He changed the story. He lied about it.

My husband goes about telling everyone i am diabolic because I jokingly told him that he should be grateful I don't have a wicked heart if not I will use magun to catch him and his mistress. Which he even replied that he knows i dont have that mind. That i am still a child.
this was said around march of 2015

Fastward to November he started asking for a divorce because he of his mistress he met online. Telling both his colleagues and family members that I am diabolic which is not true. I feel bad because this same man have also confided in me telling me things about his boss and others. We are currently separated

But in one of ur post on nl u said ur fiancee cald off ur engagement ur u really married is dis just another joke of a story

I just regret everything. I regret confinding in him and opening up to him. With pleas from everywhere, he is still insisting on divorce.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by rosalieene(f): 7:53am On Apr 01, 2016
cionon:

I am christain. I wasn't discussing marital issues with her. I was trying to conceive then. So I met her for advice on her she conceived her after 5years of marriage. That's how it went. He is really serious with the divorce. I don't want the divorce. I have begged him for another chance to change where I wronged him. But he has bluntly refused.
Shey they sign divorce papers. don't sign it.
stop begging him.... Go very far away from him en confide in your parents.
This might sound foolish to you but it clicked to my mind
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Glorious1985: 7:55am On Apr 01, 2016
Dog wey go lost wil nt hear d whistle of d hunter.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by WhoBeThisMan: 7:58am On Apr 01, 2016
TheArchangel:
He is cheating bro, so definitely it is his mess or should she wallow too by soiling herself with reprisal cheating.? Or clap for him?

It is his mess when he engaged himself into adultery, a calculated decision to cheat on her.
in every marital issue, there is "her story", "his story" and "the truth". I dont believe the marriage just suddenly collapsed to this point with just a few paragraph of explanation.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by 2HASUM(m): 8:01am On Apr 01, 2016
Go and marry her then, anumpama
jmichlins:
He does not deserve you. You are worth more much to be cheated on so let him go
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by jmichlins(m): 8:01am On Apr 01, 2016
onunwa21:

Ndeewonu:

Judging from a one-sided story is too bad. UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES, no man would file for a divorce when his wife is an angel. He either misunderstood the situation or is under a spell.
When angry, women often say stu.pid things that they don't mean, and a stu.pid man is bound to take the words literally and act upon them. It is sad that some women use juju to make men love them. Sadly, every juju has an expiry date which must be renewed often to avoid adverse effects.
Women, your mouth and company have brought woes upon you.
onunwa21:

if the husband of your sister should leave her for another woman and still threaten her life will you allow her to stay or take her out of his home.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by jmichlins(m): 8:03am On Apr 01, 2016
2HASUM:
Go and marry her then, anumpama
i do not wish to go the cursing lane with you. Happy new month and april fools day
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by josite: 8:07am On Apr 01, 2016
cionon:
I confided in my husband when he accused me of listening to people. I then opened up and gave him an instance that if i listen to people i would ne doing what they asked me to do.I told him the advice a former neigbhour of his gave me. Of which I told her I can't do such. Now he uses it against me. I feel bad because he didn't even say what I told him exactly. He changed the story. He lied about it.

My husband goes about telling everyone i am diabolic because I jokingly told him that he should be grateful I don't have a wicked heart if not I will use magun to catch him and his mistress. Which he even replied that he knows i dont have that mind. That i am still a child.

Fastward to November he started asking for a divorce because he of his mistress he met online. Telling both his colleagues and family members that I am diabolic which is not true. I feel bad because this same man have also confided in me telling me things about his boss and others. We are currently separated

I just regret everything. I regret confinding in him and opening up to him. With pleas from everywhere, he is still insisting on divorce.

stop regretting,work on your inner contents.as a man speaketh so he is.if you are not into the diabolic realm,where will the thought of magun comes from.and since that was what inside u,u spilled it out.your husband is not too far from thinking he has to be careful with you.just accept the divorce and go and do beta in your next relationship.some men including me cannot stand any lady with the least affiliation to the diabolic realm.guess your hubby is like me.NO GOING BACK.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 01, 2016
josite:

stop regretting,work on your inner contents.as a man speaketh so he is.if you are not into the diabolic realm,where will the thought of magun comes from.and since that was what inside u,u spilled it out.your husband is not too far from thinking he has to be careful with you.just accept the divorce and go and do beta in your next relationship.some men including me cannot stand any lady with the least affiliation to the diabolic realm.guess your hubby is like me.NO GOING BACK.

Ok i think it will suffice to say my husband Is a murderer because he said he will kill me and send the remains to my parents. It's not always so. I was only trying to tell him no matter how bad 8 am treated. I can't do it. Tnx for ur advice anyways
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by vicque(f): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2016
have you ever reasoned that you do not belong in that marriage?you are quite unhappy and always the one pleading and begging this man called your husband.babe you need to love your self...cos this man surely is over u..he has a mistress and you are smiling and joking about it?
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2016
bankybobo11:
Happy new month to these wonderful nairalanders: demigoddess (my Igbo bae), SANDOSKI, vheekie (geek), naijaboiy (swag), smellymouth (ladies man) and sinaj (beauty) grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

Tanx luv... kiss
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by girlfriendsnatc: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2016
cionon:

You must truly be diabolic because something poked me in the eye while I was reading this — looks like it was your bullshit! So that man better hurry and get a divorce before you kill him with your bullshit. What kind of woman subtly threatens her husband with magun? Obviously, a psychotic over-jealous b!tch that can actually do it, and secretly be ecstatic at his funeral.

NB:

Dear Nigerian men,

The number of Landlady's in Nigeria is exponentially rising. The question is what is killing all the husbands; or better yet "WHO" is killing them - murder or natural death? As far as we know Death is not a feminist. Y'all men should wise up before you go 6ft under. It usually starts with "I was only joking" when a woman wants to harm you.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by bankybobo11: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2016
SANDOSKI:

Tanx luv... kiss

You're welcome
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 01, 2016
PinketteDawn:

Sometimes you really need to confide in someone. There is no need to die in silence for something that could've easily been resolved if you had opened up. Any way, I can assure you that divorce does not ruin a child's life in all cases. In fact, if half of the men we have in our societies were brought up by single mothers, away from abusive fathers and surrounded by love and care, then we would have better individuals/marriages today.

Yes, divorce is tough, but it is always a better option especially when children are involved. A child's mental and psychological state can be greatly affected if s(he) is growing in an environment where s(he) constantly witnesses different forms of abuse and degradation on one parent by the other. Some men you see today who beat up their wives, abuse them verbally, financially, sexually and even cheat on them, grew up in an environment where such acts were tolerated so they don't even see anything wrong if they do the same to their wives in their own marriages. There is no way you can try to explain to man who thinks that a woman is beneath him and she should obey every word he says because her sole existence is to please him, that this notion is wrong especially if he grew up in a home where he was constantly seeing his father treat his mother with such notion and she was there tolerating it so that divorce would not ruin her child. Hello! The child is already ruined by being exposed and allowed to grow with that mentality.
God bless you for this comment! It is good to know that some people are very open minded.
Re: Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? by Princealex1(m): 8:38am On Apr 01, 2016
enoqueen:
Let him go.

two wrongs dont make right

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / My 19yr Old Wife Dumped My Daughter And Fled With Her Boyfriend Since On Sunday / Woman With 7 Husbands Reveals How She Satisfies All Their Needs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.