Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face (57840 Views)

FAKE RAMBO INSECTICIDE!!! Please Be Careful. / Mosquitoes Develop Resistance To Insecticide Nets In Lagos, Kwara, Others / What Can I Use To Clear These Spots On My Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 1:46am On Mar 29, 2016
I have used insecticide treated nets for many years now without issues. I relocated to lagos recently and the first thing I noticed was the mosquitoes, they are not like any I've seen before. They are as huge as those small termites.

Long story short. I bought this so called insecticide treated net from a road side vendor. He told me to air it overnight before I use it (which is the usual thing). I opened the net and spread it out in a room in d house for about eight days before I hung it up 2 days ago.

On the first night, I noticed a slight burning sensation on my lips and nose, but I attributed it to the fact that the net was new. This night also, I noticed the same burning sensation, but it kept increasing. Right now, I feel like my whole face is on fire.

I've taken down the net and have thrown it into the washing machine. I've also washed my face but the burning has refused to subside.

Please, I have a 6 month old baby sleeping with me. Would this burning have any adverse effects? What do I use to bring down the pain? Can I still use d net after I have washed it considering the baby?

Oh, the baby is sleeping fine so I'm not sure he feels what I am feeling (I sincerely hope so).

I really need ur help.

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by MrPresident1: 1:59am On Mar 29, 2016
Sorry.
But I think you should not put that net in your washing machine, the active ingredient might leach into other clothes.

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 2:08am On Mar 29, 2016
MrPresident1:
Sorry.
But I think you should not put that net in your washing machine, the active ingredient might leach into other clothes.

Oops! But there are no clothes in the machine now. I don't know, should I have thrown the net away?
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by MrPresident1: 2:13am On Mar 29, 2016
faites:

Oops! But there are no clothes in the machine now. I don't know, should I have thrown the net away?

You may have to throw it away really because you cannot use it and you have to be careful so as not to use it for your baby. I believe the burning sensation will go with time, no sleep for you tonight, sorry sad
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 2:24am On Mar 29, 2016
MrPresident1:

You may have to throw it away really because you cannot use it and you have to be careful so as not to use it for your baby. I believe the burning sensation will go with time, no sleep for you tonight, sorry sad

Thanks a lot. I've already started keeping vigil with my head outside the window.

What do u think is wrong with the net. Is the chemical used on it substandard or am I just allergic?
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by MrPresident1: 2:30am On Mar 29, 2016
faites:

Thanks a lot. I've already started keeping vigil with my head outside the window.

What do u think is wrong with the net. Is the chemical used on it substandard or am I just allergic?

Since you've used treated nets before without this kind of issue, there could be a number of conclusions:

The net is fake
The active ingredient is too corrosive
or as you said, you may even be reacting to the active ingredient allergy tins
you did not adhere well to instructions before use

sorry again

2 Likes

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Blizzy9ja: 4:17am On Mar 29, 2016
Your net is absolutely fine... You probably didn't sun the net properly as directed and washing it is fine at least that will help reduce the chemical concentration on the net

2 Likes

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by freeDR(m): 4:38am On Mar 29, 2016
It's nothing. Don't wash it. Keep using it but make sure it doesn't make contact with your body anymore. Whenever you hang it, tuck it into the edges of the bed properly, and don't rest your naked body on any part of it. About the pain, it'll soon relieve you.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by beyondwalls: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2016
So sorry OP.

I had the same experience two nights ago, it wasn't funny at all. I only washed the net with water and dried it for less than 8hrs.
I bathe like 4times before dawn and at a point applied baby oil on my face when the burning sensation started. The worst one was the heat in my sac. I could not sleep at all, rushed out of the house for work at an unusual time. After seeing a nurse, she said no medication to help just wash the affected part and applied oil which i have done.

It has finally stopped, terpeneol did it!

Will try the net today again, wish myself happy sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by ccollins(m): 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
faites:
I have used insecticide treated nets for many years now without issues. I relocated to lagos recently and the first thing I noticed was the mosquitoes, they are not like any I've seen before. They are as huge as those small termites.

Long story short. I bought this so called insecticide treated net from a road side vendor. He told me to air it overnight before I use it (which is the usual thing). I opened the net and spread it out in a room in d house for about eight days before I hung it up 2 days ago.

On the first night, I noticed a slight burning sensation on my lips and nose, but I attributed it to the fact that the net was new. This night also, I noticed the same burning sensation, but it kept increasing. Right now, I feel like my whole face is on fire.

I've taken down the net and have thrown it into the washing machine. I've also washed my face but the burning has refused to subside.

Please, I have a 6 month old baby sleeping with me. Would this burning have any adverse effects? What do I use to bring down the pain? Can I still use d net after I have washed it considering the baby?

Oh, the baby is sleeping fine so I'm not sure he feels what I am feeling (I sincerely hope so).

I really need ur help.
hello dear, I really do like your pic .. u can do well to contact me on collins4reall@gmail.com.. u look sweet
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by corektchic: 8:59pm On Jan 07, 2017
Im having similar issues now. Ive washed it like 4x in the machine. Sun dried it against their instruction. So ill try again tonite

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Nukualofa: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2017
ccollins:
hello dear, I really do like your pic .. u can do well to contact me on collins4reall@gmail.com.. u look sweet
A married woman is what you Are disturbing. You need to visit your village doctor

Cc faites

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 10:39am On Feb 17, 2017
Nukualofa:
A married woman is what you Are disturbing. You need to visit your village doctor

Cc faites

Lol
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Nukualofa: 10:49am On Feb 17, 2017
faites:

Lol
Am i right? Because you made mention of sleeping with a little baby inside same net shocked
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2017
Nukualofa:
Am i right? Because you made mention of sleeping with a little baby inside same net shocked

You're not quite correct.
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Nukualofa: 4:50pm On Feb 17, 2017
faites:

You're not quite correct.
See you can't be beautiful like that and still be a spinster.

I will have to apologize to that guy then smiley

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 9:04am On Feb 20, 2017
Nukualofa:
See you can't be beautiful like that and still be a spinster.

I will have to apologize to that guy then smiley

funny you
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by maradelkitchen(f): 2:00am On Apr 11, 2017
faites:

I really need ur help.
op,I'm going through same now,pls what did you use?
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 9:20am On Apr 11, 2017
maradelkitchen:
op,I'm going through same now,pls what did you use?

I didn't use anything. I just washed my face and waited for it to stop. It took a while but the burning finally left. So, your would stop too after a while. Just ensure you wash and sun the net before using it again.

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by maradelkitchen(f): 9:39am On Apr 11, 2017
faites:

I didn't use anything. I just washed my face and waited for it to stop. It took a while but the burning finally left. So, your would stop too after a while. Just ensure you wash and sun the net before using it again.
thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Mayowa83: 12:34am On May 06, 2017
faites:

I am going through same O. I dried the net for 24hours( in another room) as dem talk. My baby don scratch body tire dey cry. My face is on fire. I don wash O, still dey pepper.
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Mayowa83: 9:10am On May 06, 2017
I spread the net for good 24hours in a shade, since they said shade and not under sun. People, the thing still pepper me and my daughter O... My face is on fire, my body swollen. My 1yr 1month daughter just they scratch body through the night like say na chloroquine. The funny thing i spread it because I took my time to reda it unlike the other one I got 2years ago, we used it immediately and no peppery sensation, Same MAGnet product. This one I followed instructions of course cos my neighbour said something about spreading in sun. I have removed it and put it under sun this morning but my body still dey pepper me
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Mayowa83: 9:13am On May 06, 2017
I spread the net for good 24hours in a shade, since they said shade and not under sun. People, the thing still pepper me and my daughter O... My face is on fire, my body swollen. My 1yr 1month daughter just they scratch body through the night like say na chloroquine. The funny thing i spread it because I took my time to reda it unlike the other one I got 2years ago, we used it immediately and no peppery sensation, Same MAGnet product. This one I followed instructions of course cos my neighbour said something about spreading in sun. I have removed it and put it under sun this morning but my body still dey pepper me
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Mayowa83: 9:14am On May 06, 2017
Mayowa83:

I am going through same O. I dried the net for 24hours( in another room) as dem talk. My baby don scratch body tire dey cry. My face is on fire. I don wash O, still dey pepper.
spread it for good 24hours in a shade, since they said shade and not under sun. People, the thing still pepper me and my daughter O... My face is on fire, my body swollen. My 1yr 1month daughter just they scratch body through the night like say na chloroquine. The funny thing i spread it because I took my time to reda it unlike the other one I got 2years ago, we used it immediately and no peppery sensation, Same MAGnet product. This one I followed instructions of course cos my neighbour said something about spreading in sun. I have removed it and put it under sun this morning but my body still dey pepper me
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Mayowa83: 9:15am On May 06, 2017
I spread it for good 24hours in a shade, since they said shade and not under sun. People, the thing still pepper me and my daughter. My face is on fire, my body swollen. My 1yr 1month daughter just they scratch body through the night like say na chloroquine. The funny thing i spread it because I took my time to read it unlike the other one I got 2years ago, we used it immediately and no peppery sensation, Same MAGnet product. This one I followed instructions of course cos my neighbour said something about spreading in sun. I have removed it and put it under sun this morning but my body is still peppery
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by faites(f): 4:29pm On May 08, 2017
Mayowa83:

Eyaa. I am so sorry about that. I really don't know what causes it, but I don't think it has any adverse effects. I guess you and your child must be free by now. Just wash the net very well and sun dry it to reduce the chemicals.

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Jay4joy: 5:36pm On May 08, 2017
Sorry about the burning sensation you had on your face. That is rather harsh treated net. Hope your baby is okay. I think you have sensitive reaction to the chemical used on the net. Try powder on the face and burning sensation will down. I will advise you use an ordinary mosquito net for yourself and baby. The most important now is preventing mosquito bite and being safe from chemical on the net adverse effect.

Our foldable mosquito net should be suitable and an option for the barrier required for preventing mosquito bite.

Visit us if you will like to buy mosquito net. www mykingbiz. com

1 Like

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by amborn4c: 4:23am On Jul 04, 2017
wow....just saw this issue with you, i understand the mosquito net problems, especially the fake once circulating in town.

i've got good news for you, there is a final solution for these dangerous insects, with no toxin, bad smell or noise,
visit my page facebook.com/killmosquitoes.
safe for your children, solar powered or electric powered but yet affordable
Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by tonididdy(m): 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2017
thank God for google oh and it referring me to Nl, as i dey type so....my nose is on a burning sensation spree

i just had to type "burning nose sensation and allergies" and walllaaaa.....i saw nairalanders complains of a mosquito net and geez it hit me...i just spread a brandnew net mumcee gave me just 2hrs ago.

Naija Govt. una well done oh...anyway no what to do now.!

2 Likes

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by Perge(m): 10:23am On Sep 30, 2017
I'm fvcked guys! My face is under attack, any prescription to reduce the pain please?

3 Likes

Re: Help! My New Insecticide Treated Net Is Burning My Face by NoToPile: 10:34am On Sep 30, 2017
Sorry guys I guess it will fade away .

I have never followed that do not spread under the sun and do not wash instruction.

I wash and spread and spread and spread before using, I have heared so many stories that touch about these insecticide treated nets. Its the net I need abeg not the insecticide, I would rather have a net alone than net plus insecticide that will cause trouble for me. Ordinary net will prevent mosquitoes too.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can A Lady Flatten Her Big Tummy??? / Civil Servant Killed By Thunder In Oro, Kwara (Photos) / Fertility Clinics In Lagos Pay N50k For Sperm - Doctor Tells Masturbators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.