Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (121909 Views)

Attention: Senior Engineers/ Supervisors/ Managers/ HR Reps / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Download Free Petroleum Reservoir Simulation Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by nerilove(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2012
PLS GUYS, DO SOMEONE KNOW ABOUT THIS COMPANY,GLOBAL DRILL BAY OIL AND GAS. HOW GENUINE ARE THEY? I WANT TO TRAIN WITH THEM AND THEY PROMISED THE TRAINEES JOBS AFTER THE TRAINING. PLEASE CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT? Website: www.globaldrillbay.com
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 7:04pm On Nov 27, 2012
nerilove: PLS GUYS, DO SOMEONE KNOW ABOUT THIS COMPANY,GLOBAL DRILL BAY OIL AND GAS. HOW GENUINE ARE THEY? I WANT TO TRAIN WITH THEM AND THEY PROMISED THE TRAINEES JOBS AFTER THE TRAINING. PLEASE CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THAT? Website: www.globaldrillbay.com

fraud !!!! shocked run !!!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Rickywowoz: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2012
H
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by oyintiloye(m): 8:58am On Dec 01, 2012
Any oil and gas or petroleum engineering student here who studies in English? I need help with English textbooks on petroleum engineering.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 03, 2012
I need sincere advise on these decisions I am about to take. I intend to study Msc in Subsea Engineering in a Uk university, although the money involve is huge, i'm stil trusting that funds will be made available.

To further enhance my desire to study this course, i bought the Subsea engineering handbook which I've been reading and it has been quite a read. Almost like I'm in school already. Alright the question I want to ask engineers who are already practicing in the field is this?

1. Can I have a career as a ROV pilot technician without having to study msc? Although the training fee is high and i stil have to travel abroad for the training but it's less expensive than a full masters program.

2. To have better understanding of ROV's, do I have to study Subsea engineering? Will my depth of knowledge in Subsea systems give a better grasp of ROV's?

In the Subsea Engineering handbook I'm reading, Rov's systems are covered but not like the way the training company promised their superior training that I'll undergo in 3weeks.

And from training company's email, i am told that i'd be highly sought after and that my wage from a month job would still cover the expenses from the training. The training would cost close to $14362 which includes BOSIET certification and another oversea medical certification.

What should I do? Do this course and forget the higher cost consuming Msc or trust God for the finance for both? I really need a mentor in the subsea industry.

Thanks.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Insanity(m): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2012
leki2: I need sincere advise on these decisions I am about to take. I intend to study Msc in Subsea Engineering in a Uk university, although the money involve is huge, i'm stil trusting that funds will be made available.

To further enhance my desire to study this course, i bought the Subsea engineering handbook which I've been reading and it has been quite a read. Almost like I'm in school already. Alright the question I want to ask engineers who are already practicing in the field is this?

1. Can I have a career as a ROV pilot technician without having to study msc? Although the training fee is high and i stil have to travel abroad for the training but it's less expensive than a full masters program.

2. To have better understanding of ROV's, do I have to study Subsea engineering? Will my depth of knowledge in Subsea systems give a better grasp of ROV's?

In the Subsea Engineering handbook I'm reading, Rov's systems are covered but not like the way the training company promised their superior training that I'll undergo in 3weeks.

And from training company's email, i am told that i'd be highly sought after and that my wage from a month job would still cover the expenses from the training. The training would cost close to $14362 which includes BOSIET certification and another oversea medical certification.

What should I do? Do this course and forget the higher cost consuming Msc or trust God for the finance for both? I really need a mentor in the subsea industry.

Thanks.

Which training school are you talking of? Is it IBC academy? 'Cuz i'll like to know more about their certificate courses.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Nobody: 1:50am On Dec 04, 2012
No, it is not IBC. It is Subnet Service in the Uk. Check their website.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by vcrown(m): 8:06am On Dec 04, 2012
Please my big bros, iam an up coming engineer, what do i need 2 know 2 become an industrial(oil & gas) piping designer?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by vcrown(m): 8:21am On Dec 04, 2012
Love this ;DLove this
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by sugarlilz: 4:41pm On Dec 18, 2012
Hello guys, pls I've just been should I say kinda offered a job @ cledop oil and gas drilling company but I haven't gone for the interview yet, so I dunno how much dey pay fresh graduates. Pls can someone kindly tell me their range?? I'm going all the way from Lagos to Porthacourt for this interview,I wanna knw if its worth it coz I have a job alredy. Pls dnt just read ooh reply! Thanx
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by kingsmecca(m): 1:01am On Dec 19, 2012
Hi Engineers! I'm a student of The University Of Port Harcourt pls I need who can help me for 2013 Internship programe (IT) space in any Oil and Gas industry here in South-south especially Port Harcourt, pls U cn Inbox me on 08035800805 I'll appreciate plsss....
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by patuwa2(m): 1:30am On Dec 19, 2012
As a Chemistry and Education graduate, do I have oppprtunity to advance my career in the oil drilling industries?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by kingsmecca(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
Hello everyone! I'm a Gas Engineering student of University of Port Harcourt pls I need who can assist me to get the 2013 Internship programe (IT) space in any Oil and Gas firm here in Rivers state, pls inbox me on 08035800805 I'll appreciate.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Chynexa(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2013
Good day guys. I salute you all, and wish all a wonderful and prosperous new year. I must appreciate the good works u guys are doing here. Bravo!

@Dr. Ferlie:
Pls does anybody have any news on the Professional Drilling Programme at the IPS Drilling School, Uniport for the 2013 Admissions for the Well Engineering and Well Control short courses?
Pls if you have any information as regards to that pls kindly let me know at: akohchinedu@gmail.com
I will appreciate much.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ayodot(m): 9:14am On Jan 11, 2013
@all. Compliments

I studied chemical and polymer engineering and HSE 1 and 2 training PMPI institute. I did an elective in reservoir engineering.
Please, I need a job in an oil company. whether offshore, onshore; permanent contract or sub contract; well paid or averagely paid; shifting or permanant day. Something that end my sitting down at home. Any form of assistance will be appreciated. My mail ayotunde.odusanya@yahoo.com

thanks in advance
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by uyuoko(m): 8:00am On Jan 19, 2013
Please i need ideas on petroleum engineering final year project topic.am looking at working on smting from the drilling or production area.any help on this would be highly appreciated.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by 0Edward0(m): 1:35pm On Jan 22, 2013
@all any reservoir/petroleum engineer thats needs the petrel software with sample data and a demo project can contact me on 08063551165. The software comes with the full licence. I do not offer tutorials but I can make available materials upon request. Thanks.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by raymatex: 4:02pm On Feb 04, 2013
Hello my good NLs, I started my career in drilling rig as roustabout after 2yrs I was promoted to roughneck/floorman, for pass 3yrs now I have worked as floorman. I have done my Huet and boset traininmg. Please someone here give link to work in any UAE country as floorman. Any help we be highly appreciate. God bless u all. Mail me, amajiraymond@yahoo.com
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by amattahcj(m): 8:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls I need the same info, here is my own email amattahcj@yahoo.com. BB pin:292EBB95
Chynexa: Good day guys. I salute you all, and wish all a wonderful and prosperous new year. I must appreciate the good works u guys are doing here. Bravo!

@Dr. Ferlie:
Pls does anybody have any news on the Professional Drilling Programme at the IPS Drilling School, Uniport for the 2013 Admissions for the Well Engineering and Well Control short courses?
Pls if you have any information as regards to that pls kindly let me know at: akohchinedu@gmail.com
I will appreciate much.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Kennyinusa(m): 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2013
their website is ipsng.org.
amattahcj: Pls I need the same info, here is my own email amattahcj@yahoo.com. BB pin:292EBB95
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by jakedes(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Dr Ferlie and all NLndrs on this thread...thanks for all the infomations and contributions...i have been looking for this type of thread...stumbled upon it through google...
Please i would really appreciate your advice...
I am a graduate of Chemical Engineering from FUTO..and i have also obtained a safety OSHA cert..i so much have passion in building a career on drilling..please i need informations on professional drilling program..recognised schools in Nigeria where i can run the program and cost...anybody with tangible information should please reply me thanks

1 Like

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by amblessede: 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Radz: What's the breakdown of the semester in terms of months?...October to...?..then?
@ dev: since my univ. studies is in english can i forget takin TOEFL?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 1:01am On Mar 03, 2013
amblessede: @ dev: since my univ. studies is in english can i forget takin TOEFL?
@ amblessede, You don't need TOEFL for admission though it would be nice to have one. Just a letter justifying that your medium of instruction during Bachelors studies is English Language would do just fine.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ocheezie: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
Hi all.I have a degree in Chemical Engineering(2-1) amd have worked for 3yrs with UAC of Nigeria,though as a Sales Executive. I resigned on personal grounds and I'm presently undertaking NDT(Ultrasonic Flaw Detection and Penetrant Testing) in PH, to be certified on 15th March,2013. Any links to a reputable NDT organisation to build a career with or advice on a career path will be highly appreciated.thanks brothers ands sisters-ochemeaudu@yahoo.com
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by amblessede: 6:33pm On Mar 05, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
devmantic:

@ amblessede, You don't need TOEFL for admission though it would be nice to have one. Just a letter justifying that your medium of instruction during Bachelors studies is English Language would do just fine.

@ devmantic, tanx for replyn my post. for the lateral entry for nigerians, 3.8 was required but i made 3.61 in mechanical. do i stand a chance, pls advise. also, the list of required docs for certification is so long, even passport pic dey sef. thru ur own xperience, whioch ones xactly did u certify
finally, hw do u rate ur study experienc so far. wot r the job prospects looking like. any offers yet
also, i hv a got msc in thermal power and fluid engineering in university of manchester, wot do u think. shld i pursue it
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 1:04am On Mar 06, 2013
amblessede: [color=#006600][/color]

@ devmantic, tanx for replyn my post. for the lateral entry for nigerians, 3.8 was required but i made 3.61 in mechanical. do i stand a chance, pls advise. also, the list of required docs for certification is so long, even passport pic dey sef. thru ur own xperience, whioch ones xactly did u certify
finally, hw do u rate ur study experienc so far. wot r the job prospects looking like. any offers yet
also, i hv a got msc in thermal power and fluid engineering in university of manchester, wot do u think. shld i pursue it

@ amblessede, wow.... too many questions... I hope i can answer all.. wink

"For the lateral entry for nigerians, 3.8 was required but i made 3.61 in mechanical. do i stand a chance, pls advise"
Well, i will encourage u to apply first... if u possess on-the-job experience related to oil & gas, that might just help u secure an admission on the long run...

"the list of required docs for certification is so long, even passport pic dey sef. thru ur own xperience, whioch ones xactly did u certify"
I really do not understand what u mean by certified docs but i know u will be requested to send your original transcripts, copies of certificates, reference letters if any, CV, personal statement and the likes and a recent passport photograph during the shortlisting phase.. I submitted all docs required of me.. At the embassy, after securing an admission, some of these docs will be requested for confirmation, i had to submit all originals as well for verification.

"finally, hw do u rate ur study experienc so far"
Well, i did give it a 4/5 for a petroleum engineering institute that is still gaining grounds internationally.

"wot r the job prospects looking like. any offers yet"
The job market is tight and competitive worldwide. Every graduate of the programme stands a chance to get a job but the competition is high. High standards are set by oil & gas coys particularly when qualified candidates are numerous. There are limited number of oil and gas coys here (probably 10 in all). This is about the case here. I was opportuned to have an internship and i am currently awaiting interview results for graduate trainee roles. So u stand a chance as well if u excel HARD in your studies.

"i hv a got msc in thermal power and fluid engineering in university of manchester, wot do u think. shld i pursue it"
I am not so good at pointing a career path for individuals.. I believe every person has a dream-job or career-line they intend to follow.. If you believe deep within yourself that thermal power and fluid engineering is the path you want to take, then go for it.. I would recommend you request a career advice path from Okeyz. He is a more informed person u should channel this question to..

I hope i made your day grin
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by amblessede: 9:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
devmantic:

@ amblessede, wow.... too many questions... I hope i can answer all.. wink

"For the lateral entry for nigerians, 3.8 was required but i made 3.61 in mechanical. do i stand a chance, pls advise"
Well, i will encourage u to apply first... if u possess on-the-job experience related to oil & gas, that might just help u secure an admission on the long run...

"the list of required docs for certification is so long, even passport pic dey sef. thru ur own xperience, whioch ones xactly did u certify"
I really do not understand what u mean by certified docs but i know u will be requested to send your original transcripts, copies of certificates, reference letters if any, CV, personal statement and the likes and a recent passport photograph during the shortlisting phase.. I submitted all docs required of me.. At the embassy, after securing an admission, some of these docs will be requested for confirmation, i had to submit all originals as well for verification.

"finally, hw do u rate ur study experienc so far"
Well, i did give it a 4/5 for a petroleum engineering institute that is still gaining grounds internationally.

"wot r the job prospects looking like. any offers yet"
The job market is tight and competitive worldwide. Every graduate of the programme stands a chance to get a job but the competition is high. High standards are set by oil & gas coys particularly when qualified candidates are numerous. There are limited number of oil and gas coys here (probably 10 in all). This is about the case here. I was opportuned to have an internship and i am currently awaiting interview results for graduate trainee roles. So u stand a chance as well if u excel HARD in your studies.

"i hv a got msc in thermal power and fluid engineering in university of manchester, wot do u think. shld i pursue it"
I am not so good at pointing a career path for individuals.. I believe every person has a dream-job or career-line they intend to follow.. If you believe deep within yourself that thermal power and fluid engineering is the path you want to take, then go for it.. I would recommend you request a career advice path from Okeyz. He is a more informed person u should channel this question to..

I hope i made your day grin
@ devmantic, u try joor. tanx
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ocheezie: 11:29am On Mar 08, 2013
It's really sad that no one here has chosen to give a reply or credible advice to my inquiry above.I'm really at cross-roads as I've resigned my job.and I just got my level II ASNT.really hasn't been easy staying without a job
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by amblessede: 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
devmantic:

@ DEV, SORI ABEG NO VEX. IN MY REFERENCE LETTERS IT IS STATED THAT THE MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION IS ENGLISH. DOES THAT SUFFICE OR DO I STILL NEED A SEPARATE LETTER TO STATE THAT?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 12:15am On Mar 09, 2013
amblessede:
@ DEV, SORI ABEG NO VEX. IN MY REFERENCE LETTERS IT IS STATED THAT THE MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION IS ENGLISH. DOES THAT SUFFICE OR DO I STILL NEED A SEPARATE LETTER TO STATE THAT?

That will suffice. I had the same as well.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by jinduokoroma: 2:56pm On Mar 09, 2013
I have a test on march 16 for the position of Roustabout in transocean. Pls if anyone has template of their entry level position, kindly give me advice on how to pass this test. Help!!! I can't blow this opportunity

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

Your Thoughts On Nigerian Banks Salaries 2021 / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.