Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,056 members, 7,814,634 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses (46198 Views)

Emmanuel Ekemejewan Sideso's 10th Coronation Anniversary As The Ovie Of Uvwie / How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch / Ovie Richard Layeguen Ogbon's 100th Birthday Celebration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Lilimax(f): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
Good health and longevity are God's endowment...
I pray for such smiley
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Pakonte(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
i must greet u...my amiable Ovie....i rep oviri olomu

2 Likes

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2016
God pls grant me good health and longevity .
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by abiolag(m): 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
I pray to b as healthy as the great king when i get old
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by FarukuWadata12(m): 2:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
This post is totally crap... he has to been interviewed, so that he would explicate how he managed to stay healthy like this

1 Like

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by 4nobody4every1: 2:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lilimax:
Good health and longevity are God's endowment...
I pray for such smiley
True cool

1 Like

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mentcee:
The evil policies and wickedness of the idiottt called Buhari will soon kill him.

I wonder what kind of bitterness moves someone to write what I have just quoted.

It seems that almost one year after an eleciton was lost, and after the loser congratulated the winner, and moved on with his life...some people are still so angry and obsessed with the winner to the point that they have to use every opportunity to post their anger and bitterness at every point in time...even on non-political posts.

It almost seems pointless to tell them to stop it. But I would tell them one thing....no matter how many politicians get elected....only you can make your life better. Not some guy in Aso Rock that knows nothing about you.

Also,in life there are winners and losers. The best thing the loser can do is get up, brush the dirt off, think hard about why the loss....and then get ready for the next fight/battle, etc.

To Mr Mentcee....my condolences. 2019 is round the corner. Be patient. That is what democracy is all about...the good days and the losing days.

See you in 2019.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by bankylan: 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
My grandfather was able to read, write and walk around with his walking stick at the age of 125....He died in 1995.

His secrets: no red meat,no drinking, no smoking...always eating fruits, dry fish and vegetable...He was always active. I still remember how he told me the story of the war in yorubaland in the 1890s when I visited him.

2 Likes

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by sayfullaah11: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
BiggerBangs:
We Yoruba calls it Ajedewe
it's call àjídèwe not ajedewe!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Opharhe: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Elijahrona2:
Hmmmm. Ughelli ughelli
Not Ughelli but Olomu Kingdom(Ughelli south L.G.A).
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
bankylan:
My grandfather was able to read, write and walk around with his walking stick at the age of 125....He died in 1995.

His secrets: no red meat,no drinking, no smoking...always eating fruits, dry fish and vegetable...He was always active. I still remember how he told me the story of the war in yorubaland in the 1890s when I visited him.

I once read about a Greek guy who in the 1960's at the age of 60 was told by his American doctors (he was living in the US at the time) that he was unhealthy...and he was. High BP, High cholesterol...etc.Was told he would die early.

Then he moved back to Greece....and his diet changed to vegetables, fruits, olive oil. Also started walking long distances.

At 99...he went to visit the US...and found that all the doctors who told him he would die early....were themselves dead. grin

Never too late to change the habits.

2 Likes

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by kilokeys(m): 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ask am for birth certificate.. Na story..

That dude might be 75..

I have seen obituaries of 125.. Smh
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Disneyboy: 3:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
sameer1212:
99? shocked
The man look 70 though.

He is 99........He is my king......
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Disneyboy: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
chaberry:
Where is his birth certificate?
Seriously, that man don't look 99 to me:| or do they now have Monarch age, just as in football age

that's his true age.......Am from Olomu.....

2 Likes

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Disneyboy:

He is 99........He is my king......
Good.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by onionsbeans12: 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
FarukuWadata12:
This post is totally crap... he has to been interviewed, so that he would explicate how he managed to stay healthy like this
you are correct. Am still reading downward if I will find that place.

1 Like

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Allosaurus: 3:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
But presidiot Mumummadu Bullhari looks older than this man na. undecided
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by KweenE(f): 3:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
[LORD ℓ̊ pray 4 such graceb][/b]
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by onionsbeans12: 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I wonder what kind of bitterness moves someone to write what I have just quoted.

It seems that almost one year after an eleciton was lost, and after the loser congratulated the winner, and moved on with his life...some people are still so angry and obsessed with the winner to the point that they have to use every opportunity to post their anger and bitterness at every point in time...even on non-political posts.

It almost seems pointless to tell them to stop it. But I would tell them one thing....no matter how many politicians get elected....only you can make your life better. Not some guy in Aso Rock that knows nothing about you.

Also,in life there are winners and losers. The best thing the loser can do is get up, brush the dirt off, think hard about why the loss....and then get ready for the next fight/battle, etc.

To Mr Mentcee....my condolences. 2019 is round the corner. Be patient. That is what democracy is all about...the good days and the losing days.

See you in 2019.
It is not bitterness. He is just doing what Buhari, apc boys did to GEJ. It shouldn't pain you.

1 Like

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by chaberry(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Disneyboy:

And you were equally present during his birth
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
onionsbeans12:
It is not bitterness. He is just doing what Buhari, apc v
boys did to GEJ. It shouldn't pain you.

While I opposed GEJ...it was never , personally speaking at this level of bitterness.

I even took time out to defend some of the man's policies .

You don't have to be like the apc people in your opposition.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by goshen26: 3:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
his birth cert or idontbilivit
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Disneyboy: 3:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
chaberry:
And you were equally present during his birth
My grand dad told me before he died
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by iamdeejayscar(f): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
Dope papa
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by LKO(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
He is the father of Late Princess Elizabeth Ogbon-Day, the first Nigerian woman ever to be appointed as an Ambassador. She was appointed by President Shehu Shagari during the second republic.

1 Like

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
Disneyboy:

Pakonte:
i must greet u...my amiable Ovie....i rep oviri olomu

Long live the king

God bless Olomu Kingdom
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Mattew690(m): 4:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
OLD FO*OL

Make u go sleep baba u don old

$make ur pikin too enjoy na abi? ? ? ?
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by EmperorMGI: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
Good to know about this!...BTW, my grandfather clocked 100, November 2015....and he still can do all this!
More grace to his leadership!
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Opharhe:
Not Ughelli but Olomu Kingdom(Ughelli south L.G.A).

Where e day?
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by ogahope(m): 4:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mentcee:
The evil policies and wickedness of the idiottt called Buhari will soon kill him.
You definitely speak like a child. Instead of acknowledging the good work of God in his life, u are here talking trash.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
with all due respect, I don't think he should be driving regardless of how able he is. At that old age, he is a road safety hazard as he could die at the wheel at any time and cause a major accident.
just saying

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen In Trouble, Offer Sacrifice For Arresting Spiritual Drummers In Lagos / Spot This Outside Your Gate, What's Your Next Move? / Alaafin Of Oyo Trains With Larry The Boxer In London (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.