Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,055 members, 7,814,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses (46197 Views)

Emmanuel Ekemejewan Sideso's 10th Coronation Anniversary As The Ovie Of Uvwie / How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch / Ovie Richard Layeguen Ogbon's 100th Birthday Celebration (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Mentcee(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
ogahope:

You definitely speak like a child. Instead of acknowledging the good work of God in his life, u are here talking trash.
I don't want to call you an idiott.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Opharhe: 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Elijahrona2:

Where e day?
Ughelli south local govt area na. Bounded by Udu, Ughelli etc.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by AkumahTalk(m): 6:22pm On Mar 29, 2016
Well I'd hate to be the one riding in his passenger's seat when his earthly body decides to fail him. Any moment from now....
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by SuccessJay(m): 6:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Long Live HRM...
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Innogbonna127: 6:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
seyema:
Sign of good health
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by ambafrank: 7:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Na God win, Owo soup and Banga
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by segunotiti(m): 7:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
by the way, it's against the law to drive above the age of 70

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by jambor(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
miteolu:
STORY
its true, I ve come in contact wit him. He is d only Royal Canon in Church of Nigeria. Anglican Communion
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Donjowebs(m): 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
That is my King! Alarigogo!!! Ofurhierhanre!!! Wo sun to!!!!
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Octaves(m): 3:49am On Mar 30, 2016
Prince Philip, Queen Elizabeth's husband at 96 looks younger than son, Prince Charles at 68
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Octaves(m): 3:51am On Mar 30, 2016
segunotiti:
by the way, it's against the law to drive above the age of 70
Are you sure? Because i have many Aunts and Uncles above that age still driving
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by EDhims(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2016
Happy for my king....

Ajuvwe! Ajuvwe!! Ajuvwe!!!, vwo suen tón
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by EDhims(m): 7:57am On Mar 30, 2016
sameer1212:
99? shocked

The man look 70 though.

He became king at abt d age of 70 and d kingdom at DAT time thought he won't last long on d thrown because of his ill health den. But today here he is still reigning. He's a deacon also

Ajuvwe!!! Wo su ton
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by EMriss(m): 8:57am On Mar 30, 2016
withgodconsults:
UGHELLI—INDIGENES of Olomu Kingdom in Ughelli South Local Government Area, Delta State have every reason to celebrate their revered monarch, HRM Ovie Richard Layeguen Ogbon Ogoni-Oghoro I JP, the Ohworode of Olomu Kingdom.

Interestingly, the Ohworode, the oldest educated monarch in the state, who turned 99 years in January is so blessed that he still reads without glasses, walks unaided and displays the strength of a horse. The monarch in company of his immediate family recently caused a stir when he drove himself in a black Lexus jeep to St. Andrew’s Anglican Church, Ogoni- Olomu for a special thanksgiving service. Secret of longevity Acknowledging God as the secret behind his longevity, the monarch urged all Nigerians, especially Urhobos to turn to God in solving her problems stressing that no human effort can permanently eradicate the problems plaguing the country. According to him, “God has been magnanimous to us as a people, yet we are crawling and sleeping. Am urging every one of us to learn how to give our hearts and soul to God as this is the only way we can succeed in life.” Speaking on the secret of his longevity, the monarch said: “God is the secret of my longevity and that is why at my age, I can still drive.” An epitome of God’s gift Governor Ifeanyi Okowa described the royal father as an agent of change while presiding over the activities of his people for the past 28 years as Ohworode of Olomu kingdom.

The governor, who was represented by the State Commissioner for Water Resources, Sir Fidelis Tilije a grand reception by the Urhobo Social Club, Lagos in honour of the monarch at Olomu, stated that as an epitome of God’s gift to Nigeria as a nation, all Deltans should emulate the leadership qualities of the monarch, adding that as an agent of change, there are lessons to be learnt from his life and times. Radiates excellence On his part, president of Urhobo Social Club, Chief Simeon Ohwofa while giving reasons for the honour bestowed on the monarch, said: “The Owhorode as a king, radiates excellence in his leadership for the past 28years on the throne and this excellence is what the club stands for, hence we have decided to celebrate him.” In his paper presentation titled, “The progressive leadership in a traditional setting,” the guest speaker at the reception, Prof. Samuel Ibodje, described the monarch as a colossus whose image transcends the frontiers of Urhobo into the international arena while remaining visibly endearing to his people as their monarch for the past 27years.

Dignitaries present at the event include the Olu of Warri, Obi of Onitsha, Pere of Seimbiri Kingdom, government officials and Ivie from the various Urhobo kingdom.

at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/99-yr-old-delta-monarch-who-reads-without-glasses/
GOD IS GREAT..wats his earthly secret?
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Emeka71(m): 9:11am On Mar 30, 2016
But after some time He must depart and his 1st son (prince) shall continue ruling the town.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Wealthy15(f): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
This king came for our liberation last year Oct and danced more than everyone,may God keep you.ovie vwo su ton.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by segunotiti(m): 10:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Octaves:
Are you sure? Because i have many Aunts and Uncles above that age still driving

You are in naija, where those who enforce laws don't even know them.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Evestar200(f): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2016
Emeka71:
But after some time He must depart and his 1st son (prince) shall continue ruling the town.
no, nt his son, another person 4rm another village
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Emeka71(m): 7:53am On Apr 07, 2016
Evestar200:
no, nt his son, another person 4rm another village
Are you kidding or joking ?
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Evestar200(f): 10:00pm On Apr 07, 2016
Emeka71:
Are you kidding or joking ?
is d truth, thats how is done in dis particular kingdom
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Emeka71(m): 1:39pm On Apr 08, 2016
Evestar200:
is d truth, thats how is done in dis particular kingdom
Do you mean Olomu kingdom? In most towns in that region; the 1st son(prince) occupies the throne when the king dies.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Evestar200(f): 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2016
Emeka71:
Do you mean Olomu kingdom? In most towns in that region; the 1st son(prince) occupies the throne when the king dies.
Yes in olomu kingdom. kingship in this kingdom is by village by village not by family.
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Emeka71(m): 8:49am On Apr 13, 2016
Evestar200:
Yes in olomu kingdom. kingship in this kingdom is by village by village not by family.
Okay understood but which Local government is that because In most Ibo tradition ; the 1st son(prince) is the one to ascend the throne after the obi dies .
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Evestar200(f): 8:23pm On Apr 16, 2016
Emeka71:
Okay understood but which Local government is that because In most Ibo tradition ; the 1st son(prince) is the one to ascend the throne after the obi dies .
Olomu town in Ughelli South local goverment
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Emeka71(m): 9:36pm On Apr 17, 2016
Evestar200:
Olomu town in Ughelli South local goverment
In most(all) Anioma communities; is the 1st son that ascends the throne. BTW is that your hometown ?
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Evestar200(f): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
Emeka71:
In most(all) Anioma communities; is the 1st son that ascends the throne. BTW is that your hometown ?
yes
Re: Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nice use of purple in this shapes! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Policemen In Trouble, Offer Sacrifice For Arresting Spiritual Drummers In Lagos / Spot This Outside Your Gate, What's Your Next Move? / Alaafin Of Oyo Trains With Larry The Boxer In London (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.