Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe (434 Views)

Lola Rae: No More Dick Photos - Singer Scolds Fans Sending Her Nudes On Snapchat / Mercy Aigbe And Her Kids Michelle And Juwon Slay In Same Native Wear / Actress Angry With Actor, Yul Edochie For Not Kissing Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by Consecratedp: 12:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
In a recent chat with Punch, Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe who is a mother of two spoke about her acting career and her marriage.

Read excerpts below:

In the last few years, you have attained new heights in your career. Some of your fans are of the opinion that you no longer fit into the Yoruba genre.

Some people write to me and request that I should feature in more English movies because they believe that only then will I gain more acceptance and recognition. My fans believe I’m not being appreciated in my sector.

Will you eventually stop acting Yoruba movies?

I can never stop acting Yoruba movies because that industry made me who I am today. As a matter of fact, a lot of people don’t know I am from Edo State. When I began featuring in Yoruba films, I
wasn’t speaking the language flawlessly, so I had to learn on the job. My industry is very accommodating and that is why I would always be grateful to them for accepting me and giving me a platform to excel. I also produced a movie titled Osas in order to connect with my Benin roots.

What roles can’t you take up even if the price is right?

I can never act nude because it is against our culture and my beliefs.

How Supportive is her husband?

”Whenever I am overwhelmed with my business, career and family, he is always there to encourage me. He always recommends that I keep pushing.”

Is he comfortable with romantic scenes she takes part in?

”Yes, he is and I actually kiss in my movies. I was already an actress before I met my husband and he goes through my scripts. Sometimes, he chastises for not kissing well in a movie. I could be on set for a week or more and he does not make an issue out of it. I know I married my friend and he is very understanding.”

How does she Keep her home?

”It hasn’t been easy and this is actually my second marriage. Before I got married to my present husband, I asked God to make this my second and last marriage because I want to stay married. Our marriage is under scrutiny all the time and a lot of people just want to find faults even when there are no faults. My previous marriage taught me to be more patient, tolerant and prayerful.”

SOURCE: http://paulolarewaju..com.ng/2016/03/my-husband-scolds-me-for-not-kissing.html

Re: My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by Mologi(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
Sorry..
Re: My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by Consecratedp: 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
cc: lalasticlala, ijebabe
Re: My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by Mrop(m): 12:39pm On Mar 29, 2016
pele
Re: My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Which can lie be this?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by menix(m): 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
Madam shut up, u re not lie mohammed..

He should ve also scolded you for not forking well in movie scenes...

Onye Asi Uwa Mmebi...
Re: My Husband Scolds Me For Not Kissing Well In A Movie - Mercy Aigbe by Tallesty1(m): 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Aunty Mercy You Can Lie ooo.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Celebrity Obsession, Nollywood Gossip, Etc / Nigeria Mega Hits: Artiste Vs Producer / Cynthia Morgan Opens Up About All Misconceptions Concerning Her Music Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.