Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,397 members, 7,846,663 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard (23364 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG's Subsidy On Fuel Hits N29.68bn In 14 Days / Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Oil Marketers Lament Forex Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity Imminent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by yaki84: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.On fuel...it is obvious....subsidy has to go so that marketers would have the cash to import fuel. Sure...prices would be high...but they would fall (see the GSM experience).

2.On power.....let's be honest....it is going to take ten years to fully improve generation, and sort out the wretched transmission system that we have right now. Either way...we must increase power supply because it is key to getting us off oil permanently.

on power, but u wanted gej to use 4yrs to make nigeria become paris abi?
dia ris god ooooooooooooooo
chai chai......
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
yaki84:

on power, but u wanted gej to use 4yrs to make nigeria become paris abi?
dia ris god ooooooooooooooo
chai chai......

GEJ took the first step...by privatizing power.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by yaki84: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
blaquemyc:
abeg make i no waste time dey comment before this 15% bar wey i dey manage drain out.

on bluetooth make I helpu recharge ur batree.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by scachy(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nicepoker:
.boo. Hari should travel to afghanistan and may he never come back. Increase in power generation credit goes to the dullard. Drop in generation they blame GEJ. Useless set of people {zombies}

No be small thing Bro. Bunch of incompetent scammers
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Lordbinsmar: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
Built2last:
Why are people expecting miracles when square pegs were put in round holes.

Ngige is a medical doctor- in charge of Labour
Fashola a season lawyer who has never held spanner heads power.

Amaechi, a historian abi na English he read, heads transport.

Fayemi, a political scientist was made in charge of solid minerals. ..
Dakuku's whobis totally clueless about maritime has been put in charge of NIMASA.

Some mofos will tell you he is a technocrat. .how about we put a technocratic expert there.

The consequence of all the above misplacements is that they learn on the job and steal for the next 4 years.
when I saw the placements where expertise was sacrificed for political compensations. I knew Nigeria has entered auto reverse again.

Haven said that I think It's not good for a man to talk too much.

IMO, APC talked too much during their campaigns.
They got Nigerians to believe that the last administration was grossly incompetent.

Nigerians were so engrossed in their promises that they thought that once APC takes over interlocking blocks will start coming out from the ground to cover the ground for smooth walk.

Alas, they had no plan but talk and talk is cheap.

Fashola so nicely rubbished the power sector in the last regime that he said you don't need the brain of an astronaut to make power work in months.

Buhari was seated in the town hall meeting in Lagos when he made his analysis of the power sector.

PMB was so convinced that he handed over the sector to him.

Today we hear it's vandals behind power drops

Were these vandals there when Fashola was ranting? Yes. One will think he had solutions to vandalism.

If anybody I repeat, anybody still has hope with this government. ...examine your head and wake me up in 2019.
PDP killed Nigeria in 16years but APC is here to bury it.
God bless you.you said it all.

3 Likes

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
yaki84:

thr is no subsidy at the moment. abi u no hear price modulation?
the policy of buhari is that of zimbabwe.
u know the two countries hv 1 thing in common, they r lead by ancient n brain dead men!
nnpc is doing a job of 10 people, how will they deliver?
why not share the job to other marketers that r reliable so they can also help them?
dont tell me there is no forex, whr is nnpc getting its own forex to import?
dont forget they r now responsible for the entire imports of fuel which is 40million litres a day to nigerians. n the fed govt thru cbn gives them facilities which is dollars at the official rate of 199naira per dolls to do their transactions but deny other marketers both the major n independent access to forex at the same official rate.
what nnp need do is partner with 3 or 4 major marketers to assist them cos the work load for them is much.
n someone will say buhari is not the one calling the shot at the petroleum industry, who would reason like dis if not buhari.

Zimbabwe is different from Nigeria in that the Land reform programm of 2000 devastated Zim's ability to make forex for the savings account.

For Nigeria to be like Zimbabwe....we would have to close down all out oil companies...and hand them over to be wrecked. Not gonna happen.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by yaki84: 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

GEJ took the first step...by privatizing power.

was it a bad step?
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by modik(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by comos: 3:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
where is fashola ?
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by yaki84: 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
ybalogs:
Patience is what's needed at this time. We're all suffering but we have a high hope things will always get better. Let's stop wailing and pray for our dear nation.

prayer without work?
has buhari sign the 2016 bill I to law?

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
yaki84:

was it a bad step?

Sorry to disappoint you....but no it was not.

The problem was Government could no longer fund electricity adequately...so privatization was the better alternative.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by yaki84: 4:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
ybalogs:
The way some people walk ehn, you'd think all they want is for this Government to fail. But why will you want your country to be in disarray just cos you want to prove you said so? We need to change our mindset to really move forward in this country.
God bless Nigeria.

did u hear what short ngige said?
lemme remind u, he said d people that r suffering today r only pdp members who looted the nation treasury. abeg I wan ask those people out thr who queue for hrs waiting to buy fuel na pdp members alone?
if we dont wail the sycophants in buhari's govt will always tell him the country is doing fine.
we r helping him to govern well.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by HRich(m): 4:03pm On Mar 29, 2016
IykeChukz:
Our minister of petroleum have been on visit to Nigeria and will soon go and beg for willpower and wherewithal to strike...

Relax coz you seem wailing...
Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Lordbinsmar: 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Ijoba Bubu ti take over.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Vince09: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Wailers at Work

If solving Nigerias problems were so easy, PDP would have solved all of them over 16 years ago..

#iStandWithPresidentMuhammaduBuhari..

#FuckThelWailers.

clearly you don't need a vert
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by pattybf(f): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
LudaChriz:
How power supply suddenly became a rocket science to Fashola & Osinbajo is what baffles me the most

yea, I expected much more under Fashola's watch!

so disappointed now.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by 4nobody4every1: 4:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Wailers at Work

If solving Nigerias problems were so easy, PDP would have solved all of them over 16 years ago..

#FuckThelWailers.

Hahaha, true talk, Fidifi had 16 years to address the epileptic power supply and they couldn't achieve anything serious despite the huge monetary investment in that sector and the remarkable rise in the price of crude oil sad

2 Likes

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by onoslove(f): 4:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
SleekAboki:
What is Mr Buhari doing with over $300 billion so far recovered or returned from the corruption fight? shouldn't part of that money be channeled into building more power plants? Why is 3 trillion lying fallow in TSA while the people's economic social and political wellbeing is zero? who is using the interest accrued from these funds?
same question I have been meaning to ask. What is Buhari doing with all the recovered loot. Main while, my salary has been reduced by 21.5% since Buhari came in. This is just not fair

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by james2man: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Failed country ruled by selfish and confused set of political class, inflicting hardship on nigerians. This country can render ones life useless if you're not smart enough and you begin to wonder if it was witches and wizards manipulating your life, whereas it is as a result of failed institutions... Nigeria always on retrogression.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by SleekAboki: 4:16pm On Mar 29, 2016
onoslove:
same question I have been meaning to ask. What is Buhari doing with all the recovered loot. Main while, my salary has been reduced by 21.5% since Buhari came in. This is just not fair
What! 21.5% Are you serious This is corruption!!! Please leak the full details so we can hold this government accountable.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Malawian(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
SleekAboki:
What is Mr Buhari doing with over $300 billion so far recovered or returned from the corruption fight? shouldn't part of that money be channeled into building more power plants? Why is 3 trillion lying fallow in TSA while the people's economic social and political wellbeing is zero? who is using the interest accrued from these funds?
oga, you dont seem to understand how Abbbokkki thinks. they are content with having their money in the banks so that that they can look at their bank balance and satisfy their conscience that they are solvent, even if they continually eat tuwo shinkafi moring,afternoon, night. unlike an igbo man that would view the money as capital and reinvest it, or a yoruba man that would use it to do owambe - yet in a twist of irony, also stimulating the economy. these abokkkkki are inanimate and saturated.

2 Likes

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by SleekAboki: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
Malawian:

oga, you dont seem to understand how Abbbokkki thinks. they are content with having their money in the banks so that that they can look at their bank balance and satisfy their conscience that they are solvent, even if they continually eat tuwo shinkafi moring,afternoon, night. unlike an igbo man that would view the money as capital and reinvest it, or a yoruba man that would use it to do owambe - yet in a twist of irony, also stimulating the economy. these abokkkkki are inanimate and saturated.
No wonder Buhari never added a single thing to himself or enlarge his barn since 1983 but suddenly contests to bring change to over 200 million people the result is very self evident.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by 9jatatafo(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
SleekAboki:

According to the government the money will be used as evidence and exhibit against those that returned the monies. Stupid talks by APC

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by olutunde12(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Standing5:
Wailers and wailing.

Did you eat this morning?

Many of your colleagues who had their brain in their tongues have stopped talking. You too will soon keep your mouth where it belongs!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Lingx(m): 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
CHANJI BANZA

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by egalitarian78: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Built2last:

Dakuku's whobis totally clueless about maritime has been put in charge of NIMASA.

Some mofos will tell you he is a technocrat. .how about we put a technocratic expert there.

The consequence of all the above misplacements is that they learn on the job and steal for the next 4 years.
when I saw the placements where expertise was sacrificed for political compensations. I knew Nigeria has entered auto reverse again.

They got Nigerians to believe that the last administration was grossly incompetent.

Nigerians were so engrossed in their promises that they thought that once APC takes over interlocking blocks will start coming out from the ground to cover the ground for smooth walk.

Fashola so nicely rubbished the power sector in the last regime that he said you don't need the brain of an astronaut to make power work in months.

Buhari was seated in the town hall meeting in Lagos when he made his analysis of the power sector.

Were these vandals there when Fashola was ranting? Yes. One will think he had solutions to vandalism.

If anybody I repeat, anybody still has hope with this government. ...examine your head and wake me up in 2019.
Dat portion 'technocratic expert' really turned me on. Dat phrase is a great one, they use d word to deceive us once they compensate politicians forgetting their are those who are professionals /experts in dat field in addition to being technocrats in their own respect.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by egalitarian78: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
Built2last:

Dat portion 'technocratic expert' really turned me on. Dat phrase is a great one, they use d word to deceive us once they compensate politicians forgetting their are those who are professionals /experts in dat field in addition to being technocrats in their own respect. D painful part was dat d president even claimed he put square pegs in square holes.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by olutunde12(m): 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
pattybf:

yea, I expected much more under Fashola's watch!

so disappointed now.

If you want to destroy somebody's CV, give him Nigeria's Power Ministry as the minister. Have you forgoten Chief Bola Ige who promissed power in 6 months? Obasanjo moved him to Justice Ministry where he belonged after two years of para_cycling.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by sweetluva(m): 4:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Built2last:

Good analysis but we need to give them some more time to work. Four months Is still very early to assess the government. Let Nigerians be a little bit patient so the government will implement its first budget.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by truthspeaks: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nawa oo. Dis ur buhari must be perfect. No1 shld criticize him or make him tk responsibility else d person is tagged a wailer, ipob, etc. Pls only u can stand wit buhari but as far as Nigerians r experiencing hardships, they ll be against buhari. So beta get used to dat. Pdp myt hv abused their 16yrs but I tink d current man in power is buhari n ApC. As such, they r responsible for anythn dat hapns btw now n 2019. Nigerians hv bn patient enuf to allow him honeymoon n globetrot for 10-11 months. We wnt results even if it's d tiniest of it in d lives of Nigerians. So any hardship, I blame buhari
MadCow1:
Wailers at Work

#FuckThelWailers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by nortcentrallord(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
"Have you blamed GEJ today"? grin grin grin grin

When you see the true meaning of cluelessness, you become mute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fayose: I Went To Court With Perfume To Burn My PDP Cards & Flags If Sheriff Won / Army Frees 978 Detained Boko Haram Suspects / PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.