Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,434 members, 7,861,207 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard (23366 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG's Subsidy On Fuel Hits N29.68bn In 14 Days / Fuel Scarcity: FG Not Contemplating Hike In Petrol Pump Price - SGF Says / Oil Marketers Lament Forex Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity Imminent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by SleekAboki: 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
9jatatafo:

According to the government the money will be used as evidence and exhibit against those that returned the monies. Stupid talks by APC
Very silly and clueless statement from APC. It will amount to a miracle if APC and Buhari remains there by 2019.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by DMerciful(m): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2016
Do not be deceived! there is neither recovered funds or 3 trillions anywhere else why is Nigeria in this sorry states and you have trillions? where is the wisdom in that? undecided
SleekAboki:
What is Mr Buhari doing with over $300 billion so far recovered or returned from the corruption fight? shouldn't part of that money be channeled into building more power plants? Why is 3 trillion lying fallow in TSA while the people's economic social and political wellbeing is zero? who is using the interest accrued from these funds?
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by 9jatatafo(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
SleekAboki:

Very silly and clueless statement from APC. It will amount to a miracle if APC and Buhari remains there by 2019.

I was shocked when I heard the president saying it. A group petitioned the presidency that he should publish the amount he has recovered through his anti graft crusade and what the money has been used for an also to name the names of those who refunded monies and the amount that was when that silly state was made.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by SleekAboki: 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
DMerciful:
Do not be deceived! there is neither recovered funds or 3 trillions anywhere else why is Nigeria in this sorry states and you have trillions? where is the wisdom in that? undecided
I'm flabbergasted.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by SleekAboki: 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
9jatatafo:

I was shocked when I heard the president saying it. A group petitioned the presidency that he should publish the amount he has recovered through his anti graft crusade and what the money has been used for an also to name the names of those who refunded monies and the amount that was when that silly statement was made.
You can imagine the shallow depth of our leaders!!!
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Eeroh95(m): 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Federal government has been lost before independent

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by 9jatatafo(m): 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
SleekAboki:

You can imagine the shallow depth of our leaders!!!

I have come to understand that our so called leaders are Visionless and brainless.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Rooneyboy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
Built2last:
Why are people expecting miracles when square pegs were put in round holes.

Ngige is a medical doctor- in charge of Labour
Fashola a season lawyer who has never held spanner heads power.

Amaechi, a historian abi na English he read, heads transport.

Fayemi, a political scientist was made in charge of solid minerals. ..
Dakuku's whobis totally clueless about maritime has been put in charge of NIMASA.

Some mofos will tell you he is a technocrat. .how about we put a technocratic expert there.

The consequence of all the above misplacements is that they learn on the job and steal for the next 4 years.
when I saw the placements where expertise was sacrificed for political compensations. I knew Nigeria has entered auto reverse again.

Haven said that I think It's not good for a man to talk too much.

IMO, APC talked too much during their campaigns.
They got Nigerians to believe that the last administration was grossly incompetent.

Nigerians were so engrossed in their promises that they thought that once APC takes over interlocking blocks will start coming out from the ground to cover the ground for smooth walk.

Alas, they had no plan but talk and talk is cheap.

Fashola so nicely rubbished the power sector in the last regime that he said you don't need the brain of an astronaut to make power work in months.

Buhari was seated in the town hall meeting in Lagos when he made his analysis of the power sector.

PMB was so convinced that he handed over the sector to him.

Today we hear it's vandals behind power drops

Were these vandals there when Fashola was ranting? Yes. One will think he had solutions to vandalism.

If anybody I repeat, anybody still has hope with this government. ...examine your head and wake me up in 2019.
PDP killed Nigeria in 16years but APC is here to bury it.

Spot on , archive material .

3 Likes

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by drizzymadbet(m): 5:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.On fuel...it is obvious....subsidy has to go so that marketers would have the cash to import fuel. Sure...prices would be high...but they would fall (see the GSM experience).

2.On power.....let's be honest....it is going to take ten years to fully improve generation, and sort out the wretched transmission system that we have right now. Either way...we must increase power supply because it is key to getting us off oil permanently.

hey dude stop deceiving the public, for the record the low price of oil have gradually and systematically removed subsidy, there is nothing like subsidy again, the landing cost of petrol is about 70 something naira. So what it invariably means is that for every litre of fuel you purchase , you indirectly pay tax to the government. calculate about 7 naira by 40 million litres of fuel on an average consumed in this country and tell me how much you think this wicked government is earning daily.

in your second point I agree that it would take quite some time to sort the power problem, Buh you know where my problem with this government is ? is that they have maintained the status quo of what previous government did in the past, this ain't rocket science. unbundle the power ministry and let regions generate and distribute power within their regions and let's see who would allow saboutuers to disrupt power in their areas.

Any body who believes in the government is on a long thing. The president is as confused as ever, the only positives I guess is only on the fight on terrorism, that's only if it can be sustained

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by drizzymadbet(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Wailers at Work

If solving Nigerias problems were so easy, PDP would have solved all of them over 16 years ago..

#iStandWithPresidentMuhammaduBuhari..

#FuckThelWailers.

Idiot no wonder you are a madcow1, your position is yours. No one us challenging that.

suffering and smiling, I know you still queue at dispensing stations to get products at astronomical prices. You stand with buhari while he cruises around the planet, while you are confined in your little lungu hussling to meet ends meet.

Bros leave politicians , all of em are crooks, only there for their gratification .

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by drizzymadbet(m): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
ybalogs:
The way some people walk ehn, you'd think all they want is for this Government to fail. But why will you want your country to be in disarray just cos you want to prove you said so? We need to change our mindset to really move forward in this country.
God bless Nigeria.

idiot why don't the said government prove them wrong, what the people is telling em is to man up and fulfill at least 40% of the numerous promises. is that too much to ask for ?
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Coraje(m): 6:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
The issue is that we are the enemy of our own selves. Why would some set of people be vandalizing oil pipelines when they know for sure it will cause hardship for others. They think they are discrediting federal government's effort not knowing they are mortgaging their lives and the lives of their children.
This case of pipe vandalism by the N deltans should not be taken lightly. I pray that God will give the wisdom to deal with these idiots
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by vaca1: 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
Standing5:
Wailers and wailing.
how many likes and shares did you get. you can see for yourself that Apc have joined the wailing train
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by drizzymadbet(m): 6:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Seenyo:
I'm surprised that same pmb that openly wept with emphathy during campaigns suddenly don't give a damn about d plight of d masses!

that's is politics 101 that the smart dude was playing on gullible Nigerians, he was simply garnering public sympathy.

The dude doesn't give a hoot about you, me or any other Nigerian except the elite
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by drizzymadbet(m): 6:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
yaki84:

thr is no subsidy at the moment. abi u no hear price modulation?
the policy of buhari is that of zimbabwe.
u know the two countries hv 1 thing in common, they r lead by ancient n brain dead men!
nnpc is doing a job of 10 people, how will they deliver?
why not share the job to other marketers that r reliable so they can also help them?
dont tell me there is no forex, whr is nnpc getting its own forex to import?
dont forget they r now responsible for the entire imports of fuel which is 40million litres a day to nigerians. n the fed govt thru cbn gives them facilities which is dollars at the official rate of 199naira per dolls to do their transactions but deny other marketers both the major n independent access to forex at the same official rate.
what nnp need do is partner with 3 or 4 major marketers to assist them cos the work load for them is much.
n someone will say buhari is not the one calling the shot at the petroleum industry, who would reason like dis if not buhari.

Bros calm down, this is what happens when one think he knows it all, now I believe and agree that the dullardino calls the shot in every ministry cos am sure kachukwu with all his exposure in the oil and gas industry cannot prefer this kind of idea
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by drizzymadbet(m): 6:19pm On Mar 29, 2016
Malawian:

oga, you dont seem to understand how Abbbokkki thinks. they are content with having their money in the banks so that that they can look at their bank balance and satisfy their conscience that they are solvent, even if they continually eat tuwo shinkafi moring,afternoon, night. unlike an igbo man that would view the money as capital and reinvest it, or a yoruba man that would use it to do owambe - yet in a twist of irony, also stimulating the economy. these abokkkkki are inanimate and saturated.

hahaha you got me cracking on this one. it is the plain truth

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by benmike2358: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2016
zik4ever:
This is no longer (if it has ever been) a matter of wailers. My friend in Abuja just told me today that he is ready to join in any anti-government protest over same issues of power and fuel supply. He said he had to get up at 2am to shower due to excess heat as a result of PHCN blackout and of course, he cant keep running fuel through out the night at nearly N200 a litre. My friend said it's been very bad in Jos, Plateau State and a gallon goes for as much as N1800 because a taskforce is chasing/arresting black marketers so it is now an underground market for fuel. A friend in Port Harcourt has been roaming from station to station like a nomad in search of fuel at official price. He cant afford to buy at N150. People, we are grappling with a national emergency! My understanding is that we have raked in money from recovered stolen funds and locked up so much in the TSA. It is in time like this that critical thinkers and out of the box executives/financial managers manifest .. we need prompt and pragmatic delivery of promised changes. Excuses have expired and are not acceptable/tenable.
U re really informed
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
#bitter lesson/hard fact!
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by egobetatoday: 6:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
ybalogs:
The way some people walk ehn, you'd think all they want is for this Government to fail. But why will you want your country to be in disarray just cos you want to prove you said so? We need to change our mindset to really move forward in this country.
God bless Nigeria.

even if all nigerians want buhari to fail cant he atleast prove us wrong? people said he is a dullard and he keeps confirming it. in chosing his ministers he placed square pegs in round holes...he made it a time to compensate people who helped him during the elections. How is that nigerians fault? Why is he surprised that things are falling apart? He is doing nothing, except ofcourse wasting our forex on trips abroad and he wants us to keep hailing him for taking nigeria backwards. I only blame myself for not going out exactly a year ago (March 28th, 2015) to vote for Gej. Maybe we wouldnt have been in this quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by kajoula(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
[size=22pt]Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost[/size]
[size=18pt]Naija Fomula[/size] grin grin grin [size=18pt]under APC led Government[/size]

[size=18pt]GOD help us[/size]

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Mike008(m): 6:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
"Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain".
Let's feel the pain now and wallow in the joy later.

If you don't trust this government, you can still hope in it.

These are hard times no doubt, but lets take solace in the fact that under this government billions will not be stashed away by unscrupulous politicians as used to be the case.

Succour will come to all of us, its just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by coolscott(m): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
MadCow1:
Wailers at Work

If solving Nigerias problems were so easy, PDP would have solved all of them over 16 years ago..

#iStandWithPresidentMuhammaduBuhari..

#FuckThelWailers.

[size=18pt]And if it was not that hard as this party in power thought, they would at least not have made things worse only in 9-10 months[/size]
gurunlocker

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by streetsoldier1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
Built2last:
Why are people expecting miracles when square pegs were put in round holes.

Ngige is a medical doctor- in charge of Labour
Fashola a season lawyer who has never held spanner heads power.

Amaechi, a historian abi na English he read, heads transport.

Fayemi, a political scientist was made in charge of solid minerals. ..
Dakuku's whobis totally clueless about maritime has been put in charge of NIMASA.

Some mofos will tell you he is a technocrat. .how about we put a technocratic expert there.

The consequence of all the above misplacements is that they learn on the job and steal for the next 4 years.
when I saw the placements where expertise was sacrificed for political compensations. I knew Nigeria has entered auto reverse again.

Haven said that I think It's not good for a man to talk too much.

IMO, APC talked too much during their campaigns.
They got Nigerians to believe that the last administration was grossly incompetent.

Nigerians were so engrossed in their promises that they thought that once APC takes over interlocking blocks will start coming out from the ground to cover the ground for smooth walk.

Alas, they had no plan but talk and talk is cheap.

Fashola so nicely rubbished the power sector in the last regime that he said you don't need the brain of an astronaut to make power work in months.

Buhari was seated in the town hall meeting in Lagos when he made his analysis of the power sector.

PMB was so convinced that he handed over the sector to him.

Today we hear it's vandals behind power drops

Were these vandals there when Fashola was ranting? Yes. One will think he had solutions to vandalism.

If anybody I repeat, anybody still has hope with this government. ...examine your head and wake me up in 2019.
PDP killed Nigeria in 16years but APC is here to bury it.

u just spoke my mind...infact 3 bottles of origin for u....#howFEDEXfitlocateyou?#

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by yaki84: 7:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
drizzymadbet:

Bros calm down, this is what happens when one think he knows it all, now I believe and agree that the dullardino calls the shot in every ministry cos am sure kachukwu with all his exposure in the oil and gas industry cannot prefer this kind of idea

he calls the shot n he doesnt hv 2 or 3 guys in nnpc management team just appointed?
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by coolscott(m): 7:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
MadCow1:

In under a year?

Really?

Dude.. We gave the Nigga 4 years.. Dont be in a hurry to judge..

Sit back and let them work their Change.

I feel the hardship, I feel the pains, I feel the sufferings, but I have faith. If after the 4 years elapses, shiit remains the same, I will vote for a different Candidate... AS LONG AS ITS NOT THE PDP.

Its time to demonopolize our Polity.

#iHaveFaithInPresidentMuhammaduBuhari..

[size=13pt]You playfully toss the 7-year old into the pool.
He seems to be struggling, instead of swimming.
You say "It takes 3mins and 30secs to drown. Let's wait for the 3 mins and 30 seconds to elapse. If it is clear then that he has clearly failed to swim by then, we will bring him out"
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Ekugbeh(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

1.On fuel...it is obvious....subsidy has to go so that marketers would have the cash to import fuel. Sure...prices would be high...but they would fall (see the GSM experience).

2.On power.....let's be honest....it is going to take ten years to fully improve generation, and sort out the wretched transmission system that we have right now. Either way...we must increase power supply because it is key to getting us off oil permanently.
shar*ap and park well. Wetin dis 1 de talk.
Jez sayin unrealistic talks here.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by MadCow1: 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
coolscott:

[size=13pt]You playfully toss the 7-year old into the pool.
You say "It takes 3mins and 30secs to drown. Let's wait for the 3 mins and 30 seconds to elapse. If it is clear then that he has clearly failed to swim by then, we will bring him out"
[/size]

Brilliant... grin

I will do you one better..

The Israelites where slaves in Egypt for 430 years..

430 years they slaved and toiled in Egypt under many Pharoahs.

Then comes Moses, he does all he did and brings them out of Egypt. Less than a year in the Wilderness on their way to the promise land, guess what they said to Moses...... grin

exodus/16-3. refer..

Let that sink in for a moment before you respond.

1 Like

Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by coolscott(m): 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

[size=16pt]Power did improve under the last administration. Why does it have to deteriorate in only one year?

When the new administration came in (and without doing a single thing) the further improvement felt at the time on account of work done by the just leaving administration was attributed to president Buhari's body language.

It was hailed as the change we are talking about.

So it s interesting to hear a PMB supporter now say "...it is going to take ten years to fully improve generation, and sort out the wretched transmission system that we have right now."
[/size]

Ekugbeh
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lanre4uonly:
It's a pitiable situation.

It is a pitiably lugubrious situation. Lol
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by Iam2awesome(m): 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
I have said again and again that A PC and PDP are two sides of the same coin. It took the PDP 16 years to kill Nigeria but APC are trying to bury her in less than 12 months.

Tell me one individual in Buhari's cabinet that is performing? All of them are square pegs in round holes. The monitor of solid minerals development is the most useless of them all.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by 4wrd9ja: 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I don't know if you are a youth but this line of reasoning will not get us out of this mess ,we should be tired already. There is no subsidy anywhere, its government that is making money from the masses with the current price. we should force them to build refineries here that's the wise thing to do ,this will solve forex problem as 60% of our forex is wasted on fuel importation which is the highest. dollar will come down,there will be more jobs. talk about subsidy is diversionary, that encourages importation at the detriment of the masses but to the benefits of the ruling class ,the oppressors.
Re: Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard by coolscott(m): 8:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
MadCow1:

Brilliant... grin

I will do you one better..

The Israelites where slaves in Egypt for 430 years..

430 years they slaved and toiled in Egypt under many Pharoahs.

Then comes Moses, he does all he did and brings them out of Egypt. Less than a year in the Wilderness on their way to the promise land, guess what they said....... grin

Let that sink in for a moment before you respond.
[size=15pt]You playfully toss the 7-year old into the pool.
You say "It takes 3mins and 30secs to drown. Let's wait for the 3 mins and 30 seconds to elapse. If it is clear then that he has clearly failed to swim by then, we will bring him out". He may be dead before you bring him out.

With your own analogy, the issue is that you got it wrong.
Moses took the children of Israel out of Egypt in order to take them to the promised land.
In our case, PMB has taken us from our measureable wilderness journey to the promised land, into a year of slavery in Egypt!
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: APC, PDP Senators Clash Over Schedule Of Duty / Osinbajo's Problematic Ambition - The Cable / Elderly Man Blocks Road In Rivers To Protest His Vandalized Chair & Bench

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.