Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style (2360 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by oyinda3(f): 11:45pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

My dear Noetic, where does the bible permit us to "worship God in our own way" in church? don't you see what a slippery slope that is? If you're at home the story is different but God through Paul has given us guidelines to follow when in the fellowship of other believers - not to do it in 'our own way'.

@Ibkaye,  kiss

so please tell us. what are the criteria for church worship?? undecided
anybody can worship the lord whatever way God directs him to as long as his heart is true and he's worshiping in truth. even david went ballastic with dancing in the presence of the lord. i wasn't there though i'm sure some ppl around him would have thought he was drunk

You miss the point my dear. Its not about being conservative - if it were then David with his stark naked dancing would have been sinning.

The issue here is the obviously flippant, casual and comical demonstration from the men in the video.

yea the video made you laugh and u felt guilty. church shouldn't be funny like that. lol

you think he was doing it to create a scene but trust me you don't know what's going on in the guy's mind. people who go out of the norm like that are usually filled with the spirit. i've witnessed a mad man enter my church once and started doing crazy things - dancing, singing and praising God his own funny, weird way. the way God has entered into him i guess.

and like ibkaye said, you are being very subjective with the "comical demonstration" part. different things seem comical to different people. when i was young, i saw "speaking in tongues" and "rolling on the ground" as comical as well and always LMAO unintentionally. it was just too funny to me then to understand what emotions were in these people's hearts. some people take their singing to higher levels too that u have to laugh. now when i laugh at these things, the laughing is also out of understanding. and not just because i saw something bizarre or different.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by bawomolo(m): 1:31am On Jul 29, 2009
we don't need the club anymore.

what's up with him doing the cardiac robot dance though?
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by GODSON2009(m): 11:12pm On Sep 13, 2009
@jesoul
ill strongly and earnestly advice you to withdraw your comment about calling the man dancing a clown,in case you dont realise, the only woman that died barren in the bible was david's wife micah the daughter of saul for making the same comments you have just made, the man is claiming his manifold blessings for dancing like david danced
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by afiq(m): 2:50am On Sep 14, 2009
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by vanesa(m): 10:01am On Sep 14, 2009
@GODSON2009

ill strongly and earnestly advice you to withdraw your comment about calling the man dancing a clown,in case you dont realise, the only woman that died barren in the bible was david's wife micah the daughter of saul for making the same comments you have just made, the man is claiming his manifold blessings for dancing like david danced

What would have happened if everyone attending that day decided to fly the way the bro was flying? 911 right? smiley smiley
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Maykelly(f): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2009
ah! no no no, not at all! he's sick, sick in the head; i mean they should take him to Physiologist to examin him before is too late. He's not dancing, but demonstrating something else. embarassed or his dancing for the world- his another world's michael Jackson.

Christian are not for the world and don't dance crazy.

anyway sha : grin winners port harcourt has someone like this. I think i can't judge them pls forgive me.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Maykelly(f): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2009
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy really is funny, i have never seen a thing like this before cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin oh mine! Advice: for those of you over there that like going to club, u don't need it anymore - just attend service at that place - bro. franklin will entertain you very very much. grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

But believe me, I still insist that he should be examin before it gets out of hand.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Maykelly(f): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2009
cheesy grin grin grin grin grin oh! what a funny man grin grin grin grin grin biko bia, isi odikwa nwokea nma? grin
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by GODSON2009(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
vanesa:

@GODSON2009

What would have happened if everyone attending that day decided to fly the way the bro was flying? 911 right? smiley smiley
that isnt the point,the point is that he is glorifying the lord,not human by his dancing,the position david took in the bible's account was reserved for the court fool i.e the front, with the important officials,the king e.t.c taking the rear,so the same thing the man is doing is what david did then,if you go to church dance,pray worship the way your spirit ministers to you,without looking at what the next man or woman is thinking

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Issue Of Tithing-who Should Pay Tithe? / A Tribute To Christopher Hitchens / Word Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.