Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,580 members, 7,854,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December (695 Views)

Ilorin Attack: Saraki Upset With Kwara Gov,who Responds,"we Warned You" / Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by bigfather(m): 10:04am On Jul 27, 2009
[b]Elderstatesman and father of Governor Bukola Saraki of Kwara State, Dr. Olusola Saraki, has promised to reveal the identity of the person who is going to take over from his son in 2011. Specifically, he told a group of selected journalists at his Abuja home that he would pick the candidate after his return from Umrah in December, 2009.

He said he is now praying to God, seeking His divine intervention in this direction: “I have not yet decided on who I will pick as candidate.”

He disclosed that there was never a time he thought of making his daughter, Senator Gbemisola Saraki, successor to his son, Bukola: “I heard people saying that I would be giving the ticket to Gbemisola after Bukola but those are rumours, because I have not yet decided.”

Saraki said he chose to seek divine intervention because of his past experience: “If you ask me this question after Christmas this year, then I would be definite in letting you know my next candidate for the governorship of Kwara State. But as of today, I do not know who will be the next governor and I leave that to God. I want to go to Umrah and pray to God after fasting to help me because Kwara State has now gone very far. So, we want somebody who would continue and do even more than what Bukola has done. If you go to Kwara State today, you will know what I am talking about.

“I am praying to God and I intend to go for the Umrah to seek the guidance of God. When I wanted to put (Mohammed) Lawal (the late governor of Kwara State) there, I went for Umrah for the same purpose since the previous three governors did not perform up to my expectation.
“I went to Umrah and sought forgiveness and true guidance. I prayed to God that I wanted somebody who would take care of Kwara State for me. I went to Umrah and I called Mallams to join me and together, we prayed to God. Lawal was among us, praying and he was saying (as I later gathered) God, ‘make me the one to give this Saraki man what he wanted for Kwara State.”

He confessed that he almost did not give the ticket to Lawal: “When it became obvious that he would get the ticket, I complained to my faithful that I didn’t want any person with military background to be the Governor of Kwara State. I set-up a seven-man screening committee. They screened all the aspirants.

“I was worried that Lawal had got the highest mark. But I said, perhaps God wanted to use this man for the development of Kwara State. I could have changed the result if I had wanted to do so, but I told them to release the result and Lawal became the governorship candidate.

“After only one year in office, he began to agitate for a second term, convincing himself that I was going to make my son, Bukola, the governor. But I told him that Bukola was never a politician and that he never for once interfered in the political situation of Kwara State. But Lawal never believed me.”[/b]
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by olabukola: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2009
Na waoh, Gov is named not elected shocked shocked shocked shocked owa risky ooh.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by deor03(m): 11:11am On Jul 27, 2009
Why waste money on election then.

Let INEC give out the money meant for election for states as SOFT loans for SMES.

At least it would have an impact.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by blacksta(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2009
I love Nigeria - This surely a path to destruction.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by agitator: 11:47am On Jul 27, 2009
We have what we want
No complain, like somebody said in another thread, every Nigerian has hope that one day his relation or close friend will be at the top, then he will also join in the enjoyment.

Let's keep hoping and praying (stupid fools)
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by SegzyJoe(m): 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
Are you people suprised? This is not the first time Oloye will be picking Governor for Kwara, even Kogi. I could remember years ago,, he told Lawal that Second term ticket was in his pocket.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Ibime(m): 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
Peoples Destruction Party is at it again!
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by ademocrat(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2009
Nigeria is dying, may Yar dua die before 2011, so that it will cause power confusion between Peoles destroyers Party and they will kill themselves cause to solve Nigeria"s problem some people must die, and not to lead to zimbabwe they themselves should eliminate themselves. or ok I know as a christan I ought to pray for my leaders(its in the bible), but Yar dua is not my laeder, cause the same bible says BLIND MAN CANNOT LAED BLIND MAN sad sad sad embarassed cry
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Eziachi: 5:05pm On Jul 27, 2009
All hail lord of Kwara!!
The God almighty Saraki has spoken and so it shall be done.
What is new as far as Nigeria is concerned?
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Fhemmmy: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2009
Is the dude the owner of Kwara?
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by JustGood(m): 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2009
This pronouncement should be enough to make the people of Kwara State revolt. What a cheek!
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Fhemmmy: 5:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Now i know that politics in Nigeria has gone to another level.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by TonyTone1: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2009
Dis our politicians are narrow minded wat if this guy dies before that december, na wa ooooooo it s a shamecry
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by bilymuse: 5:29pm On Jul 27, 2009
this Yoruba/hausa man is obviously sick
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Jul 27, 2009
bilymuse:

this Yoruba/hausa man is obviously sick

he surely cant be that much sick, if he has the whole of Kwara in his palm
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by presido1: 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Is the dude the owner of Kwara?
Hiz not a dude but a clown, sadly Kwara is his own.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by kuramo: 6:07pm On Jul 27, 2009
All hail to Dr Olusola Saraki ( Chairman and Absolute Chief Executive Officer , Kwara State Plc )
Kwara State it appears is the sole personal property of God Saraki.

Who can one blame but all the fools who call Kwara State their home, such madness would not be possible without their tacit collusion, i only hope they will eventually wake up from their slumber and do the right thing.
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Gbawe: 7:23pm On Jul 27, 2009
kuramo:

All hail to Dr Olusola Saraki ( Chairman and Absolute Chief Executive Officer , Kwara State Plc )
Kwara State it appears is the sole personal property of God Saraki.

Who can one blame but all the fools who call Kwara State their home, such madness would not be possible without their tacit collusion, i only hope they will eventually wake up from their slumber and do the right thing.

Very true !!! This is clearly a case of the 'slave driver' becoming far too comfortable because the 'slave' is far too docile !!!
Re: I Will Name Next Kwara Gov In December by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2009
presido1:

Hiz not a dude but a clown, sadly Kwara is his own.

How?
i guess i need to go and talk to him, maybe he cld name me as next governor, even though, i am not from kwara state

(1) (Reply)

Requiem For Nigeria@49 / Made-in-lagos Transformer Hits Market / Lagos Presents Three Bedroom Flat Keys To Atlas Cove Widows/victims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.