Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,968 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? (1830 Views)

Iceland Players Are Allowed To Have Sex Ahead Of Their Match Against Nigeria / Reddit Users React To The Super Eagles World Cup Kits By Nike / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
I think this is the main reason why Nigeria lost for the third consecutive term I.e(Tribalism).

How can keshi, siasia, Sunday oliseh e.t.c frm same region South South and South East impose players frm their specific region to dominate d national team other than selection of players based on their performances in the local league.
This is disgraceful. ...we lost as a result of these dead players.

They should learn frm coach Onigbinde and other foreign coaches.
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
All d players I saw their name were ibo players representing d country. they were fat, slow, not tactical and dead.

embarassed
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by whitley(m): 9:42pm On Mar 29, 2016
Am sure d name Musa is d new igbo

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by ClassCaptain(m): 9:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
chowlade:

All d players I saw their name were ibo players representing d country. they were fat, slow, not tactical and dead.

embarassed

what of ahmed musa

1 Like

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by rusher14: 9:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
Please name the Nigerian players making waves and their respective clubs.

Who should have been invited, should have started or is underrated?

The best performing players are the ones we know.

Stop the misinformation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by datola: 9:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
Either the OP or the Eagle's handler is triabalistic.
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
whitley:
to tell d truth. .igbo players are too much in the national team and they've bn playing in the same pattern since d time of immemorial.
For this reason Nigeria has not qualify for d nation's cup for the fourth time in Nigerian history. Next year's qualifier same mistake will be done again.

musa might not be frm igbo tribe; but he's used with their same pattern of playing football.
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Kingsasian(m): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
whitley:
I just tire o
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Oche211(m): 10:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
U guys have started with ur politics of division again.
Abdullahi, umar, musa etc. Are they 4rm anambra, ebonyi or delta?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by menix(m): 12:48am On Mar 30, 2016
chowlade:

to tell d truth. .igbo players are too much in the national team and they've bn playing in the same pattern since d time of immemorial.
For this reason Nigeria has not qualify for d nation's cup for the fourth time in Nigerian history. Next year's qualifier same mistake will be done again.

musa might not be frm igbo tribe; but he's used with their same pattern of playing football.

Am sure you blame employers of being tribe bias when your english can murder mungo park..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by ChynoBEATS: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2016
chowlade:
I think this is the main reason why Nigeria lost for the third consecutive term I.e(Tribalism).

How can keshi, siasia, Sunday oliseh e.t.c frm same region South South and South East impose players frm their specific region to dominate d national team other than selection of players

chowlade:

How can keshi, siasia, Sunday oliseh e.t.c frm same region South South and South East impose players frm their specific region to dominate d national team other than selection of players based on their performances in the local league.

Dear..... you're both right and wrong

But still its all about quality...........

1) The S.S S.E players are easy targets and 2ndly are more inform than others......
E.G .... Victor moses vs shola ameobi
ideye vs gbolahon salami
Mikel vs Rabiu ibrahim
Echiejile vs Taye taiwo
OboAbona vs Danny shittu
even lyon balogun is still in germany .....

Take your time and study their forms

Some of them still go for trials .......cos they never relent

2) S.S/S.E footballers go further than any other player from any region

Yes count them ..... They are vividly seen ..compared to others Even in Indian soccer league you'd see them

3) They honor invitations unlike others....
E.G Victor moses played for England u-17 n when he was invited to the senior team of nigeria he dint thinktwice about it.... Unlike the likes of Agbonlahor who snubbed us and shola ameobi "who waited for England till he got tired"

....Dear as-per tribalism in the national team....
I dont like it either....... Its Coaches problem.... He makes choices ..he names his squad ....

If you feel I'm wrong .... List 11 players outside the S.S/S.E region whom you believe are more suitable and see if its easy to assemble a team

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by seankay(m): 2:54pm On Apr 10, 2016
chowlade:

I dont believe it has anything to do with Tribalism. I believe Nigerians are mostly football lovers but playing football thrives in some areas (SE, SS) than the others(SW and N)

Most Parents in the SW will prefer their Children to go to school than play football even when they show Potentials of being great players (i am a victim! A secondary school classmate of mine was a football wizard but he couldn't make it as a professional footballer ; He excelled in the UK after secondary school but Newcastle couldn't have him cos of his age

Also,there seems to be few or no scouts watching the little kids play as well as few football academies that trains kids from a tender age,where their skills get improved and also to expose them

Lastly, SS and SE might have a greater propensity to produce more footballers than SW and Northerner while the later might have a higher propensity to thrive in other sports

#Yoruba Boy
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 10, 2016
op must be a dullard. go to el kanemi warriors, nassarawa utd nd oda Northern clubs SE SS players dominate dos clubs

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Icon4s(m): 9:07pm On Apr 10, 2016
chowlade:

Op, we are all Nigerians whether North, SW, SE or SS.

We dnt practise quota system with our National teams. If our best players are all from the NW or SE so b it. I personally dnt have issues with dat.

All we need is result.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by SycophanticGoat: 10:23pm On May 29, 2016
chowlade:

Bigot, please go back to school and improve your written English rather than displaying your bigotry and horrific jagons you call English for the world to see.

#spits..
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by Kfed4ril(m): 8:41am On Aug 26, 2016
chowlade:

Just opened your profile and the first 3 topics I saw was basically about your indirect hatred for the igbos, please I beg u in Gods name stop it.
If u don't have any good thing to say then don't say at all.
Later na you go open your dirty mouth dey talk say igbos are envious of Yoruba.
Re: Why Is Southwest/Northern Players Are Not Being Used In The Super Eagles? by TheLastIdiot: 1:46am On Aug 29, 2016
chowlade:

Why are ur posts always dumb?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Chelsea Fc Gives Fans A Juicy Offer! / True Story: India Vs Nigeria, 1989 World Cup Qualifier / Shocking!!! Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.