Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,042 members, 7,859,737 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Mourinho Didn’t Trust Me – Mikel - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Didn’t Trust Me – Mikel (409 Views)

Michael Obi: Kidnappers Think Mikel Sends Millions To Me, Mikel Doesn't Call Me / Mikel Obi Shares A Kiss With His Babymama As She Arrives Back In China (photos) / Mikel Obi Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With This Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho Didn’t Trust Me – Mikel by donkelly2(m): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
Chelsea star Mikel Obi has slammed former manager, Jose Mourinho, and said the Portuguese manager did not instil any confidence in him to play for the club. The Nigerian joined Chelsea in 2006 for €20m establishing himself in the first team but failed to make it into Mourinho’s first team plans towards the latter end of the manager’s reign.

Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea in December following a string of disappointing results and was replaced by Dutchman Guus Hiddink who has since reinstated Mikel in the Chelsea first team alongside either Cesc Fabregas or Nemanja Matic.
Currently on international duty with the Super Eagles, Mikel has said Mourinho never motivated or filled him with confidence. “I think confidence is everything,” Mikel told Sportskeeds.

“If a manager doesn’t believe in you, trust me there’s no way you can succeed. Even if you do things right he would always make sure he finds fault.

“People change in any walk of life, maybe he decided he wanted to do better in a different way and he didn’t need me anymore. He didn’t have the belief that he had in me before, which is fine because every manager has the player that they have trust in.
“It is a tough business, football, so when a manager comes in he wants to have people he believes in. If he doesn’t believe in you he doesn’t play you. And I think it’s all about a manager giving a player confidence.”

Mikel said Hiddink has changed everything in the club lifting them to their best position all season.

“Hiddink came in, he spoke to me, he gave me the confidence and now I have played 20 games and we’re in the best position – where we haven’t been all season.”
http://gistspan.com/mourinho-didnt-trust-mikel/

(1) (Reply)

NFF Awaits Ministerial Blessing For Foreign Coach / Thinking Outside The Box -- We Need A Foreign NFF President. / I Can Make Nigeria Great Again - Westerhof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.