Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

How Lucrative Is Onion Business. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is Onion Business. (8759 Views)

Interested In Onion Business? Wanna Invest? / Wish To Invest 2m In Onion Business-please Assist / How Lucrative Is Onion Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by MistaHumble(m): 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2016
I am presently serving as a corper in kebbi State and I have been observing the onions market here.
Much research I have made has shown that the aleiro market here seems to be the biggest in Nigeria and you can see people from all over Nigeria and even foreigners coming to buy onions in bulk.

I will really like to go into the business but I am not so aware of how it sells in other parts of the country. The dealer I spoke with said he can be giving me a full bag of onions for N7000 including loading and transporting to Mile 12 in Lagos. He also made me understand that a bag of onions is sold between N12,000 to N13,000 in Lagos mile 12 and this seems very profitable being that the price am getting here is so good for making profits.

I am making arrangements now to send 10 bags to Lagos and even sell sharply at N10,000 per bags and from my information so far, the buyer is already willing to collect it cash and carry immediately it arrives.

I just want to enquire from those in the business already if my calculations and informations are right and if this is really a lucrative business to invest my hard earned savings into.

If it is, I will like to hear from you and I will all like to assist anyone who wishes to get involved and purchase from here.

3 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
MistaHumble:
I am presently serving as a corper in kebbi State and I have been observing the onions market here.
Much research I have made has shown that the aleiro market here seems to be the biggest in Nigeria and you can see people from all over Nigeria and even foreigners coming to buy onions in bulk.

I will really like to go into the business but I am not so aware of how it sells in other parts of the country. The dealer I spoke with said he can be giving me a full bag of onions for N7000 and additional N100 for transporting to Mile 12 in Lagos. He also made me understand that a bag of onions is sold between N12,000 to N13,000 in Lagos mile 12 and this seems very profitable being that the price am getting here is so good for making profits.

I am making arrangements now to send 10 bags to Lagos and even sell sharply at N10,000 per bags and from my information so far, the buyer is already willing to collect it cash and carry immediately it arrives.

I just want to enquire from those in the business already if my calculations and informations are right and if this is really a lucrative business to invest my hard earned savings into.

If it is, I will like to hear from you and I will all like to assist anyone who wishes to get involved and purchase from here.

Am so much Interested in this ur thread bcus am just going into agric biz too starting with yam biz and thou also an awaiting corper too

I will like to get ur contact for better chat and enquiries.. Hoping to venture into onions too

Also I av a friend that has once or twice bought onions from kabba and sold to lagos.. That was last year

Kindly drop ur contact pls
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Will like to partner with u Am presently in garatu Niger state for enquiries on my yam biz Interested in d onion biz
U can contact or watsapp me on 08145539505 Or bakinde.dolapo92@gmail.com Thanks
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by MistaHumble(m): 10:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
My contact number is in my signature. Please if you try to call and I don't pick, send me a text so that I can call back because I also work while I want to do this business on the side before I finish serving and probably continue if it really as lucrative as I hear. I will always follow up any messages sent to me here as well.
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by MistaHumble(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Please does anyone one know were I can get these kind of packaging bags for onions. I just got a contract to supply bulk in such packaging and it's really urgent.

Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by page9(m): 12:31am On Mar 31, 2016
MistaHumble:

I will really like to go into the business but I am not so aware of how it sells in other parts of the country. The dealer I spoke with said he can be giving me a full bag of onions for N7000 including loading and transporting to Mile 12 in Lagos. He also made me understand that a bag of onions is sold between N12,000 to N13,000 in Lagos mile 12 and this seems very profitable being that the price am getting here is so good for making profits.

@op

You are wrong with your calculation.

You can't make profit if you buy and send to mile12, lagos

No one is buying a bag of onion t N10k here in mile12.

A bag of onion cost between 2k to 2.5k in Sokoto.

You can't just conclude profitability from one side.
You will need to do more market research

Because you are obviously going to be competing with the farmers. The same people who will sell to you

Goodluck all the same

2 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by confluence: 1:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
@Op
what is current cost of onions now both big and small bag
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by makeitijn: 9:27pm On Feb 05, 2018
MistaHumble:

hello dear

how are you doing

kindly drop your number here I wanna talk onions with you
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by thebestprice(m): 8:33am On Feb 21, 2018
Can we talk?. it's very very important.dont miss me
MistaHumble:

Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by Martinezmartins(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
nice idea
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by Tomide007: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Try Kano, you'll get it for about 4k, that's the very big bag called jumbo bag. You'll sell it for 16 k in Lagos....11-13 k in ib.... 1 k for transport ....thank me later.... But know the kind of onion that is consumed were you're selling it... Very important. .....which kind of bag are you talking about, it's too expensive for small bags. Small bags are sold for about 8k In ib
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by daveyjay(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2020
Ok
makeitijn:
hello dear

how are you doing

kindly drop your number here I wanna talk notions with you

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by Stanit(m): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2021
Am interested in the onions business, stanitfarms@gmail.com
Re: How Lucrative Is Onion Business. by ighedosajam2018: 5:45pm On Jul 25, 2021
Am interested. ighedosajam2018@gmail.com or 07083939734

(1) (Reply)

Start Mini Exportation of Foodstuff Today / Voluntary Pension Contributions Still Very Low – Susan Oranye / Safety Measures For Online Shopping.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.